ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Revelation 13:11-18
[11] Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon. [12] He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. [13] He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. [14] And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. [15] And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. [16] And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, [17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

God, you're stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Desperadeau
Revelation 13:11-18
[11] Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon. [12] He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. [13] He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. [14] And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. [15] And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. [16] And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, [17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

God, you're stupid.
You're right, they should have tried to fit all that in there.

Jeez wait'll they find out the whole last summer image was lifted straight from some Greek mythology.

Surely that would have to be the only thing Christianity lifted from prior religions though, right?

• Haha
🤣🤣🤣 ****in perfect. Nobody does snowflake like American Jesus freaks.

They won't believe it though. They'll find a way to stay offended.
Where was the okclem from two weeks ago that stated he was going to do a better job at reducing the rhetoric in his posts after a presidential candidate was almost murdered? I am Christian and terminology such as "American Jesus freaks" sure seems to be breaking that pledge.

Reactions: fatpiggy and okclem
I have it on at the office as well. Kudos to the French for doing something different and "out of the box" in not doing the typical stadium thing. It would probably suck to be there in person as the athletes on parade and the entertainment seem to be a long distance from the spectators. The Opening Ceremonies can get a little weird but it is a showcase of the culture of that nation. London 2012 was pretty epic in my opinion as well at Beijing 2008. The weirdess can be summed up by the silence of Peyton Manning I suppose. NBC is paying him to commentate and I don't think he has said two words since the initial intro.
Out of the box like glorify drag queens? Damn dude. You're sick

Where was the okclem from two weeks ago that stated he was going to do a better job at reducing the rhetoric in his posts after a presidential candidate was almost murdered? I am Christian and terminology such as "American Jesus freaks" sure seems to be breaking that pledge.
Right here. I haven't said anything remotely hateful or vitriolic to posters itt, which is what I promised to stop doing. I never guaranteed I wouldn't offend anyone again.

Right here. I haven't said anything remotely hateful or vitriolic to posters itt, which is what I promised to stop doing. I never guaranteed I wouldn't offend anyone again.
We will disagree, calling Christians "Jesus freaks" is very hateful-you do you, be how you think you should be

It's not mocking anyone's faith. It's highlighting the fact that Jesus taught us to love everyone, and it's making the case that there's a place for everyone within Christianity.

If it offends you then you are blatantly ignoring Jesus's teachings, and doing the exact opposite of what he preached.

And all due respect, I could not possibly care less about the kids are watching argument. It's not even happening in America, yet y'all expect the world to cater to Christian American standards. Absolutely unmitigated audacity.
You are spot on, my guy. spot. on.

Reactions: okclem
"When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."

- Michael Scott
The Office GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT