ADVERTISEMENT

Orange and Purple baseball

rocky29670

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2002
Clemson
clemson.rivals.com
Currently it's 4-2 Orange team leading in the 6th of 7. Combination of good pitching, hitting and defense. In other words, against ourselves we actually look like a really good baseball team. Totally different than the gorilla ball we've tried to play the last few seasons.

Here's your starters and reserves as best I can tell. Not in batting order by the way. Also I've never heard of some of these guys and I try to keep up with who we sign as best as possible. Highlights for the day so far, Wagner laced a double to right center to score 2, stole 3rd and scored on a bad throw. Tyler Corbitt hit a line drive that got out to LF. Notably absent from the lineup was the SS transfer from Dayton, maybe injured or just not playing today who knows.

Purple:
C 12 Cooper Ingle
1B 13 David Lewis
2B 6 Aries Samek
SS 8 Blake Wright
3B 10 Bryar Hawkins
LF 11 Chad Fairey
CF 20 Spencer Rich
RF 43 Camden Troyer
SP 22 Ricky Williams
DH 52 Patrick Farrisee

Bench
23 Geoff Gilbert, 26 Casey Tallent, 30 Billy Barlow, 37 Nick Don't Hassle the Hoffmann, 42 Ryan Ammons, 45 Landon Lucas, 51 Rocco Reid, 56 Austin Gordon

Orange
C 9 Jonathan French
1B 31 Caden Grice (I don't think he hit today)
2B 1 Tyler Corbitt (teammates calling him GI Joe made me lol)
SS 24 Mac Starbuck
3B 29 Max Wagner
LF 49 Caid Byrd
CF 3 Dylan Brewer
RF 21 JD Brock
SP 32 Mack Anglin
DH 27 Tristan Bissetta (hit for Grice?)
DH 5 Gavin Abrams (also came in to play LF)

Bench
5 Gavin Abrams, 25 Jackson Lindley, 35 Jay Dill, 36 Ty Olenchuk, 39 PJ Labriola, 41 Alex Edmundson, 44 Nick Clayton, 48 Homer Hughes

Big 2 run HR to LF for David Lewis to cut the lead to 5-4 in the bottom of the 6th.

Full blown jam in bottom of the 7th, purple down 6-4 has loaded the bases with 1 out. Labriola comes in and gets the infield pop up for 2nd out. Lewis steps up and blasts a ball to the wall in RF, JD Brock lays out for it and drops the ball as he hits the ground. Orange team rushed the field thinking it was a game winning catch. 2 runs score, they get the ball in and Chad Fairey weaves through orange team players to beat the ball being thrown to the catcher to win the game. Crazy ending.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News