ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi reportedly dead

giphy.gif

It’s great to have a real commander in chief, that also doesn’t constantly push for wars in the Middle East.

crickets.....

from trump haters as they try to figure out a negative frame for this development.
Just a few days ago, Trump received a call from Turkey’s president and immediately removed the remaining U.S. forces in Syria. This removal was against the advice of literally every military advisor. Now our Allies, the Kurds, are being slaughtered while our enemy, Russia, gains strength and influence in the region.

The fact that people are currently using a military event to praise Trump is so ironic and pathetic.

Great job, Trump.

In reality he had nothing to do with this, just like Obama had nothing to do with Bin Laden. But if we're going to credit one, we have to credit the other.

I agree here. Hell, if folks are giving Trump credit for a strong economy and low unemployment then they may as well give him credit for this too.

Last edited:
Just a few days ago, Trump received a call from Turkey’s president and immediately removed the remaining U.S. forces in Syria. This removal was against the advice of literally every military advisor. Now our Allies, the Kurds, are being slaughtered while our enemy, Russia, gains strength and influence in the region.

The fact that people are currently using a military event to praise Trump is so ironic and pathetic.
Trump withdrew about 50 soldiers from that particular area of Syria, but not all U.S. troops. There is still a large presence in eastern Syria where the oil and gas is, and in fact he just sent more troops and tanks there.

If you’d like to know what happens next, might I direct you to Isaiah 17:1-3 and Ezekiel 38-39. Written 2,700 years ago and being prepared exactly as it said.

"This removal was against the advice of literally every military advisor. Now our Allies, the Kurds, are being slaughtered while our enemy, Russia, gains strength and influence in the region."

listen- a majority of american voters want us to get out of the middle east.

we went in to get bin laden. mission accomplished. time to go home.

we went into iraq to remove sadam. mission accomplished. time to go home.

our military advisors who want to stay in the middle east are not on the same page with the america voter.

as far as the kurds are concerned. they have had plenty of time migrate. absolutely stupid to remain in the middle of a war zone. we bought them time and they didnt use it.

the president asked the european allies to help pay and protect. they declined. so now russia has to play policeman. thats good for us.

"strength and influence" is relative.

trump made us ENERGY INDEPENDENT.

that development has completely changed us. we are no longer beggars for oil. the middle east does not have us by the balls anymore.

ohh and pulling out of the middle east helps the trump re election campaign.

pelosi should start an inquiry.

Just about the only thing on which I agree with Trump is that we should not have troops in the Middle East outside of a declared war in which we were attacked by another nation’s military. Almost , I say almost, nothing good has come from our involvement after WW II. From the Beirut bombing to the present. We have put religious fanatics in power at the expense of secular leaders. The almost part includes events like Bin Laden and today. But that was a raid and not related to occupation. And certainly there is the argument that our meddling leads to attacks on us, big and small.
The best way to accomplish a withdrawal is to never put them there in the first place. When they are already there the removal must be handled better than this. Must be! Thing's are sticky.
And btw, while I may be idly pontificating, I was there first hand in 2003. Did nothing at all out of the ordinary but I saw a hell of a lot.

I agree here. Hell, folks are giving Trump credit for a strong economy and low unemployment then they may as well give him credit for this too.

yea the boeing issue is killing the gdp. i bet trump had something to do with the backup system to those sensors. thats half a point to the gdp.

also the gm strike was a qtr of point. its trump's fault.

those companies with fleets on the road, when the saudi oil facility was attacked, fuel prices should have skyrocketed causing your monthly fuel bill to be $2-5,000 more over the spike. but we are energy independent. didnt happen this time. thats obama right?

yea the boeing issue is killing the gdp. i bet trump had something to do with the backup system to those sensors. thats half a point to the gdp.

also the gm strike was a qtr of point. its trump's fault.

those companies with fleets on the road, when the saudi oil facility was attacked, fuel prices should have skyrocketed causing your monthly fuel bill to be $2-5,000 more over the spike. but we are energy independent. didnt happen this time. thats obama right?
I guess the fracking boom started on BHO’s watch. But more like in spite of him vs. due to him.

Sad that I learned about it here first? Tigerillustrated is on top of it!

I guess the fracking boom started on BHO’s watch. But more like in spite of him vs. due to him.

“We’ve got underneath us more oil than anybody, and nobody knew it until five years ago,” Trump told the press aboard Air Force One in the summer of 2017. “And I want to use it. And I don’t want that taken away by the Paris accord. I don’t want them to say all of that wealth that the United States has under its feet, we can’t use.”

Reactions: Buzzards Roost
"This removal was against the advice of literally every military advisor. Now our Allies, the Kurds, are being slaughtered while our enemy, Russia, gains strength and influence in the region."

listen- a majority of american voters want us to get out of the middle east.

we went in to get bin laden. mission accomplished. time to go home.

we went into iraq to remove sadam. mission accomplished. time to go home.

our military advisors who want to stay in the middle east are not on the same page with the america voter.

as far as the kurds are concerned. they have had plenty of time migrate. absolutely stupid to remain in the middle of a war zone. we bought them time and they didnt use it.

the president asked the european allies to help pay and protect. they declined. so now russia has to play policeman. thats good for us.

"strength and influence" is relative.

trump made us ENERGY INDEPENDENT.

that development has completely changed us. we are no longer beggars for oil. the middle east does not have us by the balls anymore.

ohh and pulling out of the middle east helps the trump re election campaign.

pelosi should start an inquiry.

This thread has been helpful in building my understanding of how Trump supporters rationalized this move that, again, was against the strong views of the military/Pentagon, CIA, etc. You say you want to get out of the Middle East - I think everyone can agree on that - but you don’t seem to recognize there’s a right way and a wrong way of doing it. What Trump did further destabilized the entire region and materially threatened that long-term goal. Strategic placement of military assets has been around for millennia for a reason, a reason you and your demigod don’t appear to understand.

"It is true that net crude oil imports have fallen by nearly 60% since President Obama took office. In 2008 our net imports (crude oil imports minus exports of finished products) were 11.1 million bpd, and in 2015 they were 4.7 million bpd. The largest reason for the decline in imports wasn't the investment in clean energy that President Obama first mentioned, it was the 4.3 million bpd surge in U.S. crude oil production.

President Obama is walking a fine line in calling attention to this surge of oil production during his presidency for 2 reasons. One is that he wants to be known as a president who took decisive action on climate change. But presiding over a huge surge of oil production isn't exactly synonymous with combating climate change. Unless of course you couch the issue in terms of a reduction in oil imports, and then it sounds kind of like a positive for climate change.

But I think the other reason President Obama doesn't spend more time beating the drum on this crude oil production surge is that it is readily apparent that it happened despite his administration, and not because of it. President Obama coincidentally happened to enter office just as the shale oil boom in the U.S. was getting started.

In fact, the vast majority of the increase in U.S. oil production occurred on private land. On land that the U.S. government controls, it was a different story. The EIA reported in 2015 that while U.S. oil and gas production overall were surging, production of natural gas on federal lands was declining. Oil production is at about the same level as it was during his first year in office.

President Obama's oil production legacy shares a similarity to that of President Jimmy Carter. In 1973 President Nixon pushed through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act, which cleared away legal challenges seeking to stop construction of the pipeline. But the pipeline didn’t start operating until 1977, during President Carter’s first year in office. As a result, after a sharp decline under Presidents Nixon and Ford, oil production rose during Carter’s term. But the production increase during Carter’s first two years in office was a result of decisions made during the Nixon administration.

Thus, President Obama's legacy will certainly be that he presided over a dramatic expansion of U.S. oil and gas production. But if you dig a little bit below the surface, you find that there's a lot more to the story than that."

This thread has been helpful in building my understanding of how Trump supporters rationalized this move that, again, was against the strong views of the military/Pentagon, CIA, etc. You say you want to get out of the Middle East - I think everyone can agree on that - but you don’t seem to recognize there’s a right way and a wrong way of doing it. What Trump did further destabilized the entire region and materially threatened that long-term goal. Strategic placement of military assets has been around for millennia for a reason, a reason you and your demigod don’t appear to understand.

i dont think this move destabilized that area at all. Turkey, Syria, Russia, and US are all coordinated on this move.

its only the kurds and isis with their panties in a wad.

you can say that moving bases out of syria will hurt "real time information"

isis is pretty much destroyed. only way than really hurt us is to cross our southern border. they have no navy, they have no air force.

sneaking into the country is their only way to hurt us.

Last edited:

as an Active Duty military member that has been deployed 7 years out of my family’s life, I don’t want to be in Syria or any other conflict. Almost 17 years of war kinda of does that to Soldiers. There are some on deployment 14 but hey don’t worry about the families that have to miss their mother, father, son, daughter, etc. now you want to play tough guy because of your hate of one person. Got it.

He's such an idiot.

Trump just said

"Isis is very very technically brilliant on the internet....almost as brilliant as donald trump".

i really do hope they televise this coward crying using children as shields.

and trump telling the russians-

"we are going to fly over your troops to do something big- think you will like."

thats my favorite line.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
decided to flip to CNN to watch news conference and listen to how their comedians frame this.

james clapper was on. first question was to clapper from tapper,-

"president didnt thank cia chief. said said intel community does well when it does what its suppose to be doing. whatcha think clapper?"

james froze and mumbled....

Trump withdrew about 50 soldiers from that particular area of Syria, but not all U.S. troops. There is still a large presence in eastern Syria where the oil and gas is, and in fact he just sent more troops and tanks there.

If you’d like to know what happens next, might I direct you to Isaiah 17:1-3 and Ezekiel 38-39. Written 2,700 years ago and being prepared exactly as it said.
I'll never understand if anyone reads the Bible and looks at every prophecy that has already happened and look at the ones that's happening in front of our eyes and still don't believe.

then he asked-

"are you concerned that the presidents rhetoric of his news conference gonna cause shyt to hit the fan with a response by isis?"

earlier he stated the president told us too much in the conference. hurt our national security.

also said the cooperation with russia is very concerning.

gotta love cnn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT