ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi reportedly dead

Will we look back on Trump presidency as most peaceful time in the world in the past 150 years or so?

Turkey’s recent military incursion into northern Syria is aimed at weakening Syrian Kurdish forces along its border.

Turkey believes those forces are linked to the insurgent Kurdish militia inside Turkey, whom Turkey and the U.S. have labeled terrorists.

But that’s not the only goal.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s long-term plan is to create a safe zone in the region for the return of millions of Syrian refugees.

Erdogan has used strong rhetoric about returning refugees.

He claims that Syrian refugees will be resettled “into 140 villages with 5,000 inhabitants and 50 districts of 30,000 inhabitants.”

thats sounds like a great idea. too bad the kurds didnt agree.

ohh so while they relocate the refugees, we move our forces to strengthen our defense of the oil fields to cut off isis way of making money.

then cut off the head.

great things are happening in the middle east.

ohh so while they relocate the refugees, we move our forces to strengthen our defense of the oil fields to cut off isis way of making money.

then cut off the head.

great things are happening in the middle east.
But our military leaders have said that it was wrong for us to abandon the Kurds. After all, they were/are our allies in the Middle East.

But our military leaders have said that it was wrong for us to abandon the Kurds. After all, they were/are our allies in the Middle East.

well the refugees were not and are not our military leaders "list of problems"

thats why we have a president i think.

what was congressional leaders idea on what to do or handle the millions of syrian refugees?

and where is syrian president? why is he not helping? its his refugees.

well the refugees were not and are not our military leaders "list of problems"

thats why we have a president i think.

what was congressional leaders idea on what to do or handle the millions of syrian refugees?

and where is syrian president? why is he not helping? its his refugees.
Assad is probably getting ready to gas them. That's his M.O.
But General Mattis, Trumps best hire, said that bailing on the Kurds was a serious mistake. And Mattis wasn't the only one to say that.

Assad is probably getting ready to gas them. That's his M.O.
But General Mattis, Trumps best hire, said that bailing on the Kurds was a serious mistake. And Mattis wasn't the only one to say that.

we gave them an opportunity to migrate and trump figures finding a home for 6 million syrian refugees was more important.

hey @hopefultiger13

whatcha think about these developments.

we use russian assets for security guards.

american special forces to be the tip of the spear.

Dude, I remember you telling me that the Chinese were about to intervene in the Middle East a couple of years ago. Then, when I pointed out that the Chinese have no way to support an expeditionary force AND that the Chinese have way too much sense to intervene in that cluster, you told me I had no idea what I was talking about. I also remember just a couple of weeks ago, you proposing moving 35 million Kurds to Europe. Just up from this, you are complaining about the Kurds and saying that they should "migrate" and that they are stupid for staying in the same place. Where are they going to go? Who would take them in?

I get that Trump is your lord and savior, but damn, man, think some of this shit through. I think that Trump (America's) polity in the middle east is inconsistent and chaotic. To be fair to Trump, that's been true for America since WW2, Trump's just more of the same there. Again, I fully support Trump's "policy" of getting us out of the middle east. Trump made a tough call on pulling us out of Syria. I didn't agree with it, but long term it might not be too bad. BUT he also transferred 2K troops to Saudi Arabia and is now guarding oil fields with American troops. This seems counter productive to the stated policy.

Getting the ISIS leader was a good thing for sure...I'm interested to watch how folks on here who discounted Obama's role in getting Osama, now give Trump full credit for killing this guy. As for me, Obama got full credit for killing Osama on his watch and Trump gets full credit for the ISIS leader.

ps-

general mattis isnt wrong. its just mattis was more emotionally tied to the kurds than the syrian refugees.

not a big deal.
Seeing that the Kurds are our ally, one would think that Trump would listen to those who know, our military. But Trump does know more about ISIS than the generals. He said so.

i woulndt say so.

i would say the syrian refugees are a product of the syrian civil war that our state dept follows.

isis is a completely separate issue taken care of by our military.

the president oversees both and had to make a call.

i woulndt say so.

i would say the syrian refugees are a product of the syrian civil war that our state dept follows.

isis is a completely separate issue taken care of by our military.

the president oversees both and had to make a call.
And Trump ends up insulting Mattis because he disagrees with his decision.

crickets.....

from trump haters as they try to figure out a negative frame for this development.

sorry to disappoint you, but this is good for america, I don’t really care who is delivering the news. I do think trump is making a huge mistake to keep saying that ISIS is totally defeated (as he did when he announced this). That is very clearly not true, and is surely going to bite him. Of course, his rabid supporters like yourself will find a way spin it in your head.

I do think trump is making a huge mistake to keep saying that ISIS is totally defeated (as he did when he announced this). That is very clearly not true

what do you think the impact to ISIS will be declaring they are defeated versus saying that there a few pockets of resistance left?

like the impact to the american voter has little impact. maybe the extreme left will get their panties in a wad. but whats the impact to ISIS?

HAHAHAHAHAHA......

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday called on the White House to brief lawmakers on the raid that targeted Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, noting that President Trump had informed Russia of the military operation before telling congressional leadership.

The statement from Pelosi (D-Calif.) came after Trump told reporters at a lengthy news conference that he did not inform the House speaker of the raid because he “wanted to make sure this kept secret.”

U.S. presidents typically follow the protocol of contacting congressional leaders, regardless of their political party, when a high-level military operation is conducted.

“The House must be briefed on this raid, which the Russians but not top congressional leadership were notified of in advance, and on the administration’s overall strategy in the region,” Pelosi said. “Our military and allies deserve strong, smart and strategic leadership from Washington.”"- the swamps (washington) post

WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD TRUMP INVOLVE AN IDIOT FROM SAN FRANCISCO IN A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION!?!?!?

"The Russian Defense Ministry has no reliable information about US servicemen conducting an operation for ‘yet another’ elimination of the former Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the Turkish-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone,” ministry spokesman Maj.Gen. Igor Konashenkov said on Sunday." -debka.com

good news from chinese commerce dept.-

According to a statement released on Saturday by the Ministry of Commerce, Vice-Premier Liu He spoke with US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin late on Friday at the invitation of the US.

The statement said the two sides confirmed that a consensus has been reached involving

1- key supervisory systems for US imports of Chinese cooked poultry and catfish products and

2- China's removal of the import ban on US poultry meat.

wow- remember when we had the same weakness?

"China is currently the world's second-largest oil consumer and largest oil importer, and in 2018, the country imported 440 million metric tons of crude oil, a year-on-year increase of 11 percent, with its foreign oil dependency ratio reaching 69.8 percent, according to China National Petroleum Corporation's Economics and Technology Research Institute."-chinadaily

We got them by the balls now.

i dont think this move destabilized that area at all. Turkey, Syria, Russia, and US are all coordinated on this move.

I take issue with this statement for one reason - if a military force is the only thing "stabilizing" a region, it isn't stable. The whole middle east is a powder keg sitting in a tub of gasoline with some kid playing with a flint and steel above it. It has been for decades.

I take issue with this statement for one reason - if a military force is the only thing "stabilizing" a region, it isn't stable. The whole middle east is a powder keg sitting in a tub of gasoline with some kid playing with a flint and steel above it. It has been for decades.

i agree with you that an "military force" keeps the region as calm as possible.

i just dont think it should be american dads and moms providing the policing.

they should be at home raising kids. thats more important.

lets the russians do it.

i agree with you that an "military force" keeps the region as calm as possible.

i just dont think it should be american dads and moms providing the policing.

they should be at home raising kids. thats more important.

lets the russians do it.

I don't believe it's a long-term solution either. I say let the MFer burn.

But I wouldn't have started with the Kurds as people I was going to leave high and dry (if we did - I'm still trying to make sense of all of that). Maybe give them priority refugee status here. Swap them out with some Antifa or something.

I don't believe it's a long-term solution either. I say let the MFer burn.

But I wouldn't have started with the Kurds as people I was going to leave high and dry (if we did - I'm still trying to make sense of all of that). Maybe give them priority refugee status here. Swap them out with some Antifa or something.

1- trump said we got the oil. said is was 45 million a day pump. he said isis will no longer have access to.

2-all those refugees from back when assad was gasing them for causileng problems in syria. europe doesnt want them or help pay for them. turkey said they cant handle anymore. so setting up a huge city in syria sounds like the best option for those refugees. unless pelosi has an idea for them.

3- those isis prisoners. i say lets give them to the russians and syrians to guard and pay for. im sure those isis prisoners would be quietly exterminated. we cant do that. we have liberals wanting us to build trump hotels to house hem and their families.

o wait let biden negotiate to get something for his family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT