ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bible - Job 40 and 41

I'm so tired of talking basketball and Brad...

Interesting discussion at work that led me to read these verses. Read Job Chapter 40 and 41.

I mean, am I the only one who reads this as God speaking of dinosaurs and dragons?

(Please don't come tell me about fairy tales and condescending remarks (@dbjork6317). I don't claim the Bible is 100% literal. I also cannot justify the timing of this convo in the Bible nor do I understand or comprehend all of it. If you don't believe, just go on about your day.)
Let’s get back on track to your original question. What I find interesting in this is the mention of these things/animals. All of the other things listed are real things such as rain, thunder, lightning, the seas etc. So even for non believers who doubt that it is the word of God, what do you explain these things to be? What was the writer referencing? Interesting, OP.

Reactions: shortbus22

Interesting discussion at work that led me to read these verses. Read Job Chapter 40 and 41.

I mean, am I the only one who reads this as God speaking of dinosaurs and dragons?

(Please don't come tell me about fairy tales and condescending remarks (@dbjork6317). I don't claim the Bible is 100% literal. I also cannot justify the timing of this convo in the Bible nor do I understand or comprehend all of it. If you don't believe, just go on about your day.)

Job was around Abraham after the Flood 2200 BC and during the Ice Age. The scientists at Answers in Genesis have figured out when the dinosaurs died. I'm not sure this was the video.

https://www.christianbook.com/what-...t/ken-ham/9781600920387/pd/920387?event=ESRCG

Let’s get back on track to your original question. What I find interesting in this is the mention of these things/animals. All of the other things listed are real things such as rain, thunder, lightning, the seas etc. So even for non believers who doubt that it is the word of God, what do you explain these things to be? What was the writer referencing? Interesting, OP.

TRex

The dinosaurs became extinct after the flood.

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs? Booklet: Ken Ham: 9781600920387 - Christianbook.com

Well I posted a video that I agree with. It's an ancient myth from indo European tribes that Judaism likely acquired into their own creation myth. A sea serpent killed by a God of thunder who creates world from the remains. Its a very old story in a lot of religions.

Also very interesting parallels to the Old T in The Silmarillion by Tolkien that raised some very real questions also about whether or not there was a pre-human civilization (think Atlantis) with ancient technology (think pyramids and Nicola Tesla). Could the ancient elves actually be the angels we hear spoken about in the Bible, immortal and fighting in the forever war of good and evil? It is a hypothesis, bit of an opinion, how much do we really know? There are many possibilities for which I am grateful for the writers of the Bible. The Quest is the most important path in ones desire to know God and I do wish the Vatican would release the hidden gnostic chapters of the Bible.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

Reactions: TheValley91
Job is the biggest bitch in the bible. What kind of man takes all that abuse and says thank you sir may I have another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT