ADVERTISEMENT

OT Please put a yellow and light blue ribbon for Ukraine

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
This senseless war needs to stop

I am starting to think we are at the END of TIME as we need to stand in solidarity with the Ukraine people

Clemson football is really important to me but respecting human life is more important to me

I wish our country was as passionate about Freedom the last two years, but hey lets save Ukraine! Lets continue to buy millions of dollars worth of Oil from Russia per day, I mean fund the war. Its weird how nearly everything has completely changed in a short 14 months. We're buying Oil from Russia now. Go figure....

Even worse, we're only 14 months in...

See ya at the Round Table bro!

Global Economic Forum- The Great Reset. Yes we’re there….
Read “Red Handed” by Peter Schweizer if you want to know just how corrupt the people running this country are.
Until 13 months ago we were energy independent for the first time since WWII and exporting gas and oil, and not coincidentally the first time a total outsider was President, now we’re buying hundreds of millions of barrels of oil from Putin which is exactly what this administration wants and why they enacted their policies to stifle our own energy industry the second they gained power. They’ve also essentially green lighted the gas line project from Russia to Europe. The EU goes along with this as they are complicit with this whole scam.
They’ve deliberately dumped trillions in cash into the economy to devalue the dollar. This inflation is no accident. They knew very early on,almost two years ago that the people dying from the virus were >90% old/very sick but destroyed the economy and crushed the lower and middle class anyway while billionaires net worth went up avg over 20% and corporations made windfall profits.
The vast majority of people live in a fantasy world and have no clue what’s coming to fruition right under our noses and out in the open if you just look for it. It’s only going to get worse, much worse.

I wish our country was as passionate about Freedom the last two years, but hey lets save Ukraine! Lets continue to buy millions of dollars worth of Oil from Russia per day, I mean fund the war. Its weird how nearly everything has completely changed in a short 14 months. We're buying Oil from Russia now. Go figure....

Where do you get this stuff...we are buying oil from Russia "now"? We've been buying oil from Russia for decades.

So you wanted the Green New Deal?

The US is the largest oil user in the world--no amount of domestic production would offset Saudi oil/OPEC and we have always purchased Russian oil. ANWR just doesn't have it and only so much natural gas (and if u have dealt with fracking pollution it is a definite plus and minus). You have to invest a bunch of tax dollars in fuel efficiency and renewables and electric car infrastructure--that is expensive.

I also add that the 950k plus who died from Covid and the families of lost loved ones also wanted freedom for them to live. When indiv liberty trumps public health then it has consequences for the lives of people (and I know it gets complicated fast but the loss of life has to be remembered--I miss my friend who died of covid a lot and I know his family does way more).

Reactions: TigerFlow

The US is the largest oil user in the world--no amount of domestic production would offset Saudi oil/OPEC and we have always purchased Russian oil. ANWR just doesn't have it and only so much natural gas (and if u have dealt with fracking pollution it is a definite plus and minus). You have to invest a bunch of tax dollars in fuel efficiency and renewables and electric car infrastructure--that is expensive.

I also add that the 950k plus who died from Covid and the families of lost loved ones also wanted freedom for them to live. When indiv liberty trumps public health then it has consequences for the lives of people (and I know it gets complicated fast but the loss of life has to be remembered--I miss my friend who died of covid a lot and I know his family does way more).
At least for now, Saudi Arabia is not our enemy- Russia is. Also, who do you think pollutes the planet more during oil exploration/production, us or Russia?

Reactions: PawsFan_
Where do you get this stuff...we are buying oil from Russia "now"? We've been buying oil from Russia for decades.
We were energy independent and now we aren’t. We are now buying record levels of oil from Russia. The policies in place are driving up oil prices, and everything associated with it which is most goods and services. It ain’t rocket science. We could export enough energy to offset what we import but we aren’t and there isn’t a rational reason why, it’s called corruption. We should do everything we can to sell LNG and other energy to Europe to reduce their dependence on Russias. Is that too far out for you? We are importing ~800,000 barrels a day or roughly what the Keystone pipeline would have moved except it was cancelled for purely political reasons and also cancelled tens of thousands of high paying jobs. This is corruption pure and simple.

Last edited:

Come on man. I’ve seen loss from Covid up close as well. But you’ve gotta be kidding that you think individual freedom was the cause regarding the spread of a contagious virus.

You do the best you can but come on. You better be careful on pointing fingers about who gave who Covid.

This senseless war needs to stop

I am starting to think we are at the END of TIME as we need to stand in solidarity with the Ukraine people

Clemson football is really important to me but respecting human life is more important to me
Make it stop

We were energy independent and now we aren’t. We are now buying record levels of oil from Russia. The policies in place are driving up oil prices, and everything associated with it which is most goods and services. It ain’t rocket science. We could export enough energy to offset what we import but we aren’t and there isn’t a rational reason why, it’s called corruption. We should do everything we can to sell LNG and other energy to Europe to reduce their dependence on Russias. Is that too far out for you? We are importing ~800,000 barrels a day or roughly what the Keystone pipeline would have moved except it was cancelled for purely political reasons and also cancelled tens of thousands of high paying jobs. This is corruption pure and simple.

Hey man, I really hope that you will do some research on your own and figure out what you wrote here is simply not true. The US has never been "energy independent". Trump bought oil from Russia just like Biden does.

The Keystone pipeline would not have moved oil until 2030. It would have ZERO impact on our current situation. And of course, that pipeline was going to flood our country with CANADIAN oil. That is still foreign oil .

I believe the USA produces and consumes fossil fuel energy in a cleaner and safer way than anywhere else . From an environmental standpoint I’d rather drill and produce fossil fuels in the US than buy same from Russia . I would like for the USA to be as energy independent as possible . Same for medicines , batteries , etc. it defies anything sensible to buy a resource from any country that we are at war with or potentially at war with . China’s got us by the balls on a lot of things unfortunately . But we absolutely do not have to buy crude oil from Russia . Regardless of political preference . Drill , drill , drill !

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Worse is the people that are dyin

I get the Roundtable and innocent people i

ncluding children get the grave

It’s interesting that some claim we were energy independent under Trump and others say that isn’t true. This is one argument that we should be able to settle, no?

Hey man, I really hope that you will do some research on your own and figure out what you wrote here is simply not true. The US has never been "energy independent". Trump bought oil from Russia just like Biden does.

The Keystone pipeline would not have moved oil until 2030. It would have ZERO impact on our current situation. And of course, that pipeline was going to flood our country with CANADIAN oil. That is still foreign oil . the oil from Keystone was from Canada and it was eventually going to be exported.
The oil from Keystone was from southern Alberta, Canada and it was going to be exported to wherever. FWIW the oil was really bottom of the barrel stuff.

Reactions: valleyrat

The Keystone pipeline would not have moved oil until 2030. It would have ZERO impact on our current situation. And of course, that pipeline was going to flood our country with CANADIAN oil. That is still foreign oil .
I've done my research and you're straight up lying, man.

prove that I am lying.

Sure thing:​

The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957

The Keystone XL dispute - statistics & facts
The Keystone Pipeline System

The Keystone Pipeline System moves bituminous and synthetic crude oil from Canada's oil sands production sites in Alberta to refineries in the U.S. Midwest and further to storage and distribution facilities in Cushing, Oklahoma and Texas. It is owned by the Canada-based oil and gas transporting giant TC Energy and has been partly operational since 2010, with an average daily outflow throughput of around 550,000 barrels. The Keystone pipeline network is made up of three functional phases, with Keystone XL being the proposed fourth phase. It would see oil moved via a more direct route from Alberta to Nebraska as well as connecting to the Bakken oilfield that lies between.

Seems like when it comes to energy policy most Americans just regurgitate whatever their favorite politician said when they stepped up on a soap box most recently. Politicians should not be our source….well….for anything.

Here are things never mentioned by either side….

The purpose of the keystone pipeline was to import more oil, not less. Granted this was for the tar sand oil from Canada, but still falls in the category of importing. It also would not be completed for years from now….so not sure why this is even part of today’s supply debate.

To expand our energy independance (yes - we are a net zero importer of oil today and project to net export again within months as rig counts continue to rise) we should increase production here AND continue to lesson our dependence on a fossil fuel that is at the center of so much global conflict.

Last edited:

Revisionist history here we go.

Sure thing:​

The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957

The Keystone XL dispute - statistics & facts
The Keystone Pipeline System

The Keystone Pipeline System moves bituminous and synthetic crude oil from Canada's oil sands production sites in Alberta to refineries in the U.S. Midwest and further to storage and distribution facilities in Cushing, Oklahoma and Texas. It is owned by the Canada-based oil and gas transporting giant TC Energy and has been partly operational since 2010, with an average daily outflow throughput of around 550,000 barrels. The Keystone pipeline network is made up of three functional phases, with Keystone XL being the proposed fourth phase. It would see oil moved via a more direct route from Alberta to Nebraska as well as connecting to the Bakken oilfield that lies between.

Holy dipshit.

below is a quote from the article you linked. Proves my point that we still imported from Russia under trump. Notice that they put the words “energy independent” in quotes.

Also, the pipeline moves oil from CANADA - a foreign country - to the US,

Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence”—which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used.

The United States was a net total energy exporter in 2019 and 2020​

Up to the early 1950s, the United States imported relatively small amounts of energy.1 In the mid-1950s, the United States began to import greater amounts of crude oil and petroleum products (such as gasoline and distillate fuels) to fill the gap between petroleum consumption and domestic production.

Total U.S. annual primary energy net imports (imports minus exports) generally increased in most years since the mid-1950s and reached a record high in 2005, equal to about 30% of total U.S. energy consumption. Since 2005, total annual energy imports have decreased and total energy exports have increased. The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 even though both total energy production and consumption were lower in 2020 than in 2019. Total U.S. energy exports exceeded total energy imports by 3.46 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) in 2020, the largest margin on record. U.S. energy exports in 2020 totaled 23.47 quads, and energy imports fell 13% to 20.0 quads, the lowest level since 1992.

Holy dipshit.

below is a quote from the article you linked. Proves my point that we still imported from Russia under trump. Notice that they put the words “energy independent” in quotes.

Also, the pipeline moves oil from CANADA - a foreign country - to the US,

Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence”—which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used.
You said we've never been energy independent. Move goalposts much?

• Wow
Reactions: DW4_2016
You said we've never been energy independent. Move goalposts much?

What is energy independence for a country?

The ability of a country or region to meet all its energy needs without having to import primary or final energy.

What is energy independence for a country?

The ability of a country or region to meet all its energy needs without having to import primary or final energy.
U.S. energy production in 2019 was higher than U.S. energy consumption for the first time in 62 years. Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence”—which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used.

By "do my own research", you mean you scour the internet until you find some bullshit that confirms your preconceived, biased opinion.
The Institute for Energy Research:

Institute for Energy Research (IER) is a not-for-profit organization that conducts intensive research and analysis on the functions, operations, and government regulation of global energy markets. IER maintains that freely-functioning energy markets provide the most efficient and effective solutions to today’s global energy and environmental challenges and, as such, are critical to the well-being of individuals and society.

Founded in 1989 from a predecessor organization, IER is a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is funded entirely by tax deductible contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations. No financial support is sought for or accepted from government sources.

It's not hard to go past googles first 30 responses from bullshit MSM slanted material and find core foundational information.

U.S. energy production in 2019 was higher than U.S. energy consumption for the first time in 62 years. Thus, the U.S. attained the long-held goal of “energy independence”—which is not to say that we did not import or export energy, but that we produced more energy than we used.

The Institute for Energy Research:

Institute for Energy Research (IER) is a not-for-profit organization that conducts intensive research and analysis on the functions, operations, and government regulation of global energy markets. IER maintains that freely-functioning energy markets provide the most efficient and effective solutions to today’s global energy and environmental challenges and, as such, are critical to the well-being of individuals and society.

Founded in 1989 from a predecessor organization, IER is a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is funded entirely by tax deductible contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations. No financial support is sought for or accepted from government sources.

It's not hard to go past googles first 30 responses from bullshit MSM slanted material and find core foundational information.

Why do they put "energy independence" in quotes? I'll tell you why, because they are not using the actual definition of energy independence, which I provided for you. You don't get to change the definition of words or terms to meet your confirmation bias.

You are a "smart" guy. You do your own "research".

Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT