ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Poll - Faith in Law Enforcement

??

• I trust every law enforcement officer implicitly 100% of the time.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • There are still a few honest & decent cops left in the world.

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No, they're all criminals with badges.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Choices suck.

I believe the overwhelming majority of cops are doing their job well. It isn't fair to say 100% because there isn't a profession in the world where everyone is 100% competent. There are bad eggs in EVERY job. There will always be bad cops that make bad decisions. ALWAYS. All you can do is eliminate the bad ones but it's utter BS to paint all cops in a bad light when 99% of them do their jobs well and return home to their families like the rest of us. God Bless people in law enforcement. They deal with more crap and nasty people in a week than most of us will deal with in a lifetime.

But since it is blatantly obvious what your poll responses are designed to do, I still voted for the 100% even though there will ALWAYS be a few bad eggs in every profession, because it is the most accurate description of law enforcement based on the biased options.

Last edited:
Choices suck.

I believe the overwhelming majority of cops are doing their job well. It isn't fair to say 100% because there isn't a profession in the world where everyone is 100% competent. There are bad eggs in EVERY job. There will always be bad cops that make bad decisions. ALWAYS. All you can do is eliminate the bad ones but it's utter BS to paint all cops in a bad light when 99% of them do their jobs well and return home to their families like the rest of us. God Bless people in law enforcement. They deal with more crap and nasty people in a week than most of us will deal with in a lifetime.

But since it is blatantly obvious what your poll responses are designed to do, I still voted for the 100% even though there will ALWAYS be a few bad eggs in every profession, because it is the most accurate description of law enforcement based on the biased options.

Here's one - I see stories about cops doing good things on social media - capturing a dangerous criminal, protecting a family, etc. And then I see "that's their job, why should we celebrate that? They are just doing what they are paid to do!"

Well - then doesn't this same logic also apply to health care workers with the Covid pandemic? They are just doing their jobs. They are literally paid to do that.

Kind of an aside.

And the choices do exactly what the OP wanted them to do. It's why polls aren't 100% reliable.

Choices suck.

I agree the choices do suck. It should've been fairly obvious to everyone that I was mocking the same shitty choices that were given in the faith in media poll. The correct answer for almost all American institutions (except the GOP), is "I don't trust any institution 100% of the time, but I believe the majority are honest and have good intentions." Doesn't matter whether it's media, law enforcement, medical science, military, etc.

I was merely pointing out how silly the other poll was since the most reasonable option wasn't available. Looks like I made my point and you're all better for it. You're welcome.

Nice deflection.
Gesh, you guys definitely have Trump renting space in your heads.

Well, if you'd bothered to read a couple posts up, you'd see a detailed explanation of why I posted the poll. So, not a deflection at all, as you'll plainly see if you read the thread.

Read the thread and your response was about Trump fans, basically its always about Trump to you. Face it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT