ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WAPO reporter killed by Saudis

Insufferable, pretentious @BionicTiger coming in hot. I guess we can't all have your deductive reasoning when reading a story for the first time (I'd heard about it, but not read about it), laying in bed, half-awake. If we really want to get down to the technicals, since you of course know all of the answers and state something as fact that isn't, why couldn't they have put his body into a small suitcase or other bag/container? Break all of his large bones and smush him in like a pretzel.
The way they got rid of the body is not very relevant. They could have smashed it or burned it. People get so caught up and buthurt over a beheading or dismemberment, but what should be more concerning is the fact that he was likely tortured and murdered, not how the body was disposed of. The reason why most think he was dismembered is because of the security around the embassy, the boxes, the van, the jet and the confirmation by a “source,” but the issues would still be just as serious if they burned him in the basement.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
You calling someone else insufferable seems a bit rich.

And sadly, the bounds of my expertise stop short of corpse disposal. I would assume a large suitcase with a human crammed inside would have been located on the security footage and at least flagged as suspicious. Breaking large bones is extraordinarily difficult. Ergo, I deduced that he was likely cut into small pieces and transported out in such a way that it raised no red flags. Fairly uncomplicated.

You aren’t an expert on corpse disposal, yet you state that you have to be mentally retarded to not come to one singular conclusion as the only possible explanation as to how the corpse was disposed of? Wow. Might want to work on that deductive reasoning, buddy.

It does not make much sense to me that the Saudis would kill him at the embassy. I would imagine that if they wanted to kill him there are lots of ways to make that happen without directly implicating the Saudi government. Arresting him and taking him back to Saudi Arabia would make a heck of a lot more sense to me.
The investigation by the Turks ends after they leave the embassy. If they arrested him, there would be a worldwide incident. Effectively, it would be viewed as kidnapping and they should of had him extradited, which would not happen. In this case, everyone knows what happened, but they can still give the finger to the US.

That's correct. Furthermore, I read the breakdown of the 15 Saudis were as follows:

• Quality Control - Defense
  • Quality Control - Offense
  • Director of Performance Nutrition

• Senior Associate Director of Strength and Conditioning

Damn....they had members of a football staff there

It does not make much sense to me that the Saudis would kill him at the embassy. I would imagine that if they wanted to kill him there are lots of ways to make that happen without directly implicating the Saudi government. Arresting him and taking him back to Saudi Arabia would make a heck of a lot more sense to me.

You are assuming to things:
The Saudi government cares what anyone thinks
That they will admit to anything or that anything can be proven

That's correct. Furthermore, I read the breakdown of the 15 Saudis were as follows:
  • Tactical Commander
  • 4 tactical implementation experts
  • Doctor
  • Nurse
  • Videographer
  • Director of Personnel Development
  • Quality Control - Defense
  • Quality Control - Offense
  • Director of Performance Nutrition
  • Administrative Associate to Tactical Commander
  • Senior Associate Director of Strength and Conditioning
  • Travel and Coordinator
  • Accounts Payables + Receivables
  • Staff Psychologist
  • Director of Wellness + Yoga Instructor
  • Director of Human Resources
  • Grief Counselor
  • Media Information Director
  • Yacht Broker
That's Saban's staff

Reactions: orangelvis
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/...ck&module=inline&pgtype=Article&region=Footer

https://www.wsj.com/articles/missin...kish-police-say-1538897699?mod=article_inline

Not to get in middle of you guys’ argument but NY Times and WSJ both say the Turkish officials think he was cut up and hauled out in pieces.
This. I read on Reddit where Turkish officials found suffient forensic evidence in the sewer beneath the consulate to deduce he was murdered. They are trying to get permission to search the yard and garden of the Saudi consulate general who lives a few hundred meters away. Apparently the only personnel activity that took place after the staff was let go at 1:30 was a car trip to his home around 3:45.

I just can't see the correlation. The Saudis, allegedly, killed what they consider a rogue saudi citizen. That is similar to the US government, knowing their appointed diplomat and other soldiers were being attacked and over run, yet turned off the ringer and going to bed?

Saudi Arabia is hostile to us? Trump is building like three hotels there as we speak.

Where did most of the 9/11 hijackers come from? Where did most of the funding come from? Many people portray the Saudis as allies, but they are not. They only allow US military bases on their soil to keep nearby enemies in check. If you don’t understand that the Saudis are a tyrannical regime who are opposed to western values, I don’t know what to tell you.

Where did most of the 9/11 hijackers come from? Where did most of the funding come from? Many people portray the Saudis as allies, but they are not. They only allow US military bases on their soil to keep nearby enemies in check. If you don’t understand that the Saudis are a tyrannical regime who are opposed to western values, I don’t know what to tell you.

170521182043-20-trump-saudi-arabia-0521-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: Hovice
Soo why did they care about this particular journalist?

The Saudi government cared about this journalist because he has been highly critical of the repression that the Crown Prince ("MBS") has utilized since he came to power and was named as the heir apparent. Additionally, this particular journalist purportedly had information related to 9/11 that would have been highly embarrassing to the House of Saud (i.e. proof of a connection between the House of Saud and Al Qaeda prior to 9/11). He interviewed Osama Bin Laden several times in the 80's and 90's from what I understand so he was in a position to know. He was also once a real insider within Saudi Arabian political circles and was living in self-imposed exile in D.C. because he knew that there were powerful forces inside the kingdom who wanted him dead.

So a guy was scared of a murderous regime and left the country
He goes away and writes critical articles of the regime to the world.
Voluntarily goes to the embassy of the murderous regime at their invitation
And we're surprised that something bad might have happened to him?

Its someone else's responsibility to tell him thats not a good idea? People like this are why we have stupid warning labels on everything.
warning_label_electric_pencil_sharpener_not_for_penis.jpg

I don’t care. Just like I didn’t care about Benghazi. Middle East gonna Middle East.

American citizens died in Benghazi. That's the difference.

Turkey is making a big deal of this purely for political reasons. They've warmed up to Iran lately and have a common problem (Kurds). Turkey even let's Russia do far worse.

Reasonable people on both sides of the aisle can agree with this, yet presidents from both parties get in bed with them during their presidencies. Hmm...

I just can't see the correlation. The Saudis, allegedly, killed what they consider a rogue saudi citizen. That is similar to the US government, knowing their appointed diplomat and other soldiers were being attacked and over run, yet turned off the ringer and going to bed?

Yeah. The situations are not similar at all. The only similarity is that both involved a consulate building.

The president has already chimed in and doesn’t give two chits. What’s a little killing of a journalist when you’ve got a 110 billion dollar arms sale to complete.

American citizens died in Benghazi. That's the difference.

Turkey is making a big deal of this purely for political reasons. They've warmed up to Iran lately and have a common problem (Kurds). Turkey even let's Russia do far worse.

Yes but I’d be more mad at the president, not the Secretary of State.

My heratige is the Middle East and I have zero plans to ever visit Israel or any country around it. The whole Middle East is a war zone at any minute. Both sides use the Middle East against the other side.

It’s like drones, the president killing people with drones is always the bad guy. Seems like the question should be are you pro drone or not? I’m indifferent.

You aren’t an expert on corpse disposal, yet you state that you have to be mentally retarded to not come to one singular conclusion as the only possible explanation as to how the corpse was disposed of? Wow. Might want to work on that deductive reasoning, buddy.

Holy Moses. They clearly didn’t carry the guy out whole. It’s not difficult to arrive at the conclusion at which everyone but you has arrived.

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)

Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened “to our Saudi Arabian citizen.” He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!
10hrs ago...

wait for it......wait for it....wait for it....

Saudis preparing to admit Jamal Khashoggi died during interrogation, sources say

americans have abandoned standing up for western values.

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)

Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened “to our Saudi Arabian citizen.” He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!
10hrs ago...

wait for it......wait for it....wait for it....

Saudis preparing to admit Jamal Khashoggi died during interrogation, sources say

americans have abandoned standing up for western values.

It seems like Trump is as much of a rube as his most vocal supporters. If Trump caught you banging Melania you could just tell him you didnt do it and he'd be cool with it.

Trump needs to put Saudis on notice. Saudis attacked us on 911. Huge coverup in the name of cheap oil.

Trump claims that everyone but him is weak. Well, here’s his chance to be bold.

Reactions: firegiver
Trump needs to put Saudis on notice. Saudis attacked us on 911. Huge coverup in the name of cheap oil.

Trump claims that everyone but him is weak. Well, here’s his chance to be bold.
Saudi Arabia only exists because we need their oil. Any politician bowing to them at this point doesn't surprise me, Trump saying hey whatever, we are getting their weapons deal, that shouldn't surprise anyone. At least he's being upfront about it. I mean how many lives have we taken in the name of middle east oil in the last 100 years? How many regimes have fallen for it? The new scary twist is not even pretending to care about the right of free press anymore. That causes me pause.

Lots of fail developing in this thread; by the posters.

Lots of fail in how trump deals with foreign leaders. He seems content to bend over and take it in the ass, much like yourself in these political debates.

Lots of fail in how trump deals with foreign leaders. He seems content to bend over and take it in the ass, much like yourself in these political debates.

Hahahaha. Look at this tough guy...lol!

BTW...Check out my new thread in the Round Table. Carter Page is filing a lawsuit!

Last edited:
Hahahaha. Look at this tough guy...lol!

BTW...Check out my new thread in the Round Table. Carter Page is filing a lawsuit!

No thanks, I dont want to interrupt the never ending conversation that you and @TigerGrowls seem to be having over there. You QANON guys are a blast. You gossip over right wing conspiracy fake news like two teen girls reading a boy band magazine.

400_F_184592219_wkOH4YEzWZEtVG6J3tmlwJmq4qZDT9OF.jpg

No thanks, I dont want to interrupt the never ending conversation that you and @TigerGrowls seem to be having over there. You QANON guys are a blast. You gossip over right wing conspiracy fake news like two teen girls reading a boy band magazine.

400_F_184592219_wkOH4YEzWZEtVG6J3tmlwJmq4qZDT9OF.jpg

Just basking in the alt-left, Never Trump, Deep State meltdown. Thanks for adding to the enjoyment. Time for me to make more popcorn. This show is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT