ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WAPO reporter killed by Saudis

Just basking in the alt-left, Never Trump, Deep State meltdown. Thanks for adding to the enjoyment. Time for me to make more popcorn. This show is amazing.
You realize you are posting in a thread about the murder of a journalist by a monarchy and the subsequent weak reaction from the United States.
What is this amazing meltdown you are witnessing? I see no one melting down. I see you advocating another thread as a way to not address the current thread facts.

Reactions: CU_TrialLawyer
You realize you are posting in a thread about the murder of a journalist by a monarchy and the subsequent weak reaction from the United States.
What is this amazing meltdown you are witnessing? I see no one melting down. I see you advocating another thread as a way to not address the current thread facts.
These are the same people that think Trump is orchestrating a grand plan to clean out all corruption. Alt-reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceheart08
May be crass to say, but I don’t want gas to go to 5.00 a gallon because we are upset about some journalist who should have known better than to go there. With the Saudis leading the fight against Iran and terrorism, the last thing we need to do is screw up relations. One journalist is not worth it. Especially if six American hero’s in Benghazi were expendable.

Reactions: orangelvis

No what I witnessed yesterday, in this thread, was a bunch of Never Trumpers, jumping the gun; while Pompeo's plane was still en route to Saudi Arabia. I would also state that even now, no one is absolutely sure what all the facts are surrounding what is most surely the death of a Saudi citizen who was a reporter for the Washington Post. What I also witnessed was a pack of rabid lefties, who are desperate for anything they think they can pin on Trump.

No what I witnessed yesterday, in this thread, was a bunch of Never Trumpers, jumping the gun; while Pompeo's plane was still en route to Saudi Arabia. I would also state that even now, no one is absolutely sure what all the facts are surrounding what is most surely the death of a Saudi citizen who was a reporter for the Washington Post. What I also witnessed was a pack of rabid lefties, who are desperate for anything they think they can pin on Trump.
Jumping the gun? The dude is dead and Trump is floating the idea that it was a band of rogue killers. Also who is acting rabid? Who is acting extreme? what are you talking about?

Reactions: iceheart08
...and the rest of you are the people that think Trump colluded with the Rusians to steal the election from Hillary. Talk about conspiracy theories!
You realize some people actually don't believe either and are skeptical right? There are millions of us. MILLIONS.

I wonder which political party set the tone for Benghazi. I look forward to all the republicans that say this isn’t a big deal.

Well, if it didn't happen on US Soil and the victim isn't a US Citizen (and I don't think he is) that argument could be made. IT's definitely a dick move by Saudi Arabia but the argument that this is none of the US's business could be made.

This is nothing like Benghazi. That was a US Embassy. This is just a Saudi Arabian citizen who worked for a US paper.

So then we get to the question - do we want to be the world's police force or not?

Just putting it out there.

Jumping the gun? The dude is dead and Trump is floating the idea that it was a band of rogue killers. Also who is acting rabid? Who is acting extreme? what are you talking about?

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)
Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened “to our Saudi Arabian citizen.” He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!
10hrs ago...

wait for it......wait for it....wait for it....

Saudis preparing to admit Jamal Khashoggi died during interrogation, sources say

americans have abandoned standing up for western values.

71 firegiver, Yesterday at 6:42 PM

I think this is jumping the gun on what Trump may, or may not do. I also think your last statement regarding American values is extreme.

You are wrong. Rogue group came from Saudis themselves. If this was Obama, it would never get mentioned. Like Benghazi.

Well, if it didn't happen on US Soil and the victim isn't a US Citizen (and I don't think he is) that argument could be made. IT's definitely a dick move by Saudi Arabia but the argument that this is none of the US's business could be made.

This is nothing like Benghazi. That was a US Embassy. This is just a Saudi Arabian citizen who worked for a US paper.

So then we get to the question - do we want to be the world's police force or not?

Answer is no.

Not our business. Guy knew his risks. Bleeding heart libs crack me up.

I side with we don’t. I’m more of an isolationist. The problem is we have decided to be entirely too involved in the Middle East. I wish we would just leave it and let them fight for survival themselves. With that said, both sides are pro Middle East, so if we have that mentality we should probably be consistent on what terrorism we choose to ignore.

No, I’m just able to see him for the narcissist baffoon that he is.

So, you agree that there is cabal of career gov't employees (in high places) who are sympathetic to a left wing, globalist ideology; who colluded with the DNC and the Hillary campaign to make up the Russian Collusion narrative, which was promoted by a left-wing media through leaking, by the same people, that eventually led to the appointment of a Special Counsel, whose only goal is to keep the public believing in a farce; in order to possibly take back the Congress in the mid-term elections; after which, all investigations into real collusion, sedition and possible treason will go away quietly into the night? Great!

Donald J. Trump
(@realDonaldTrump)

Just spoke to the King of Saudi Arabia who denies any knowledge of whatever may have happened “to our Saudi Arabian citizen.” He said that they are working closely with Turkey to find answer. I am immediately sending our Secretary of State to meet with King!
10hrs ago...

wait for it......wait for it....wait for it....

Saudis preparing to admit Jamal Khashoggi died during interrogation, sources say

americans have abandoned standing up for western values.

71 firegiver, Yesterday at 6:42 PM

I think this is jumping the gun on what Trump may, or may not do. I also think your last statement regarding American values is extreme.

So, im being extreme for suggesting that America no longer stands up for western values? Is free press now no longer a western value? Thats an extreme take?

Im not melting down im not saying anything crazy. I haven't even said what I think Trump will do. You are certainly in a rush to put me in a category though.

You are wrong. Rogue group came from Saudis themselves. If this was Obama, it would never get mentioned. Like Benghazi.
I really can't tell what you are trying to say. Im not comparing this to Benghazi. I believe the Turks when they say Saudi's killed the guy. So what am I wrong about?

I am for imperialism. When we conquered Iraq, we should have taken their oil fields as our own. 600 years of European nations taking stuff from other lands can't be wrong

...and the rest of you are the people that think Trump colluded with the Rusians to steal the election from Hillary. Talk about conspiracy theories!

Just because Trump didn't collude, does not mean the Russians didn't interfere.

Just because Trump didn't collude, does not mean the Russians didn't interfere.

Agreed, but to what extent? Certainly the last 2 years of msm coverage and dem talking points would have you believe that Trump is going to be impeached over it. How did Mueller get appointed to be Special Counsel? What was charged with investigating? Why no mention of Chinese interference?
The truth will come out.

I side with we don’t. I’m more of an isolationist. The problem is we have decided to be entirely too involved in the Middle East. I wish we would just leave it and let them fight for survival themselves. With that said, both sides are pro Middle East, so if we have that mentality we should probably be consistent on what terrorism we choose to ignore.

To be honest, the middle east is such a mess partially because of the post-WWII divisions by the allies. So it is a mess.

But I honestly don't think a western nation can lead that area to peace. It has to come from within.

Agreed, but to what extent? Certainly the last 2 years of msm coverage and dem talking points would have you believe that Trump is going to be impeached over it. How did Mueller get appointed to be Special Counsel? What was charged with investigating? Why no mention of Chinese interference?
The truth will come out.

Not sure about those. Don't want to derail the thread with Trump stuff. I am more concerned with the continued Saudi/ US Relations. I am concerned that the more the US Gov sides with the Saud's it undermines our position in the Middle East, esp with the other rising players ie Qatar. While the Sauds may have a huge supply of crude, it is my understanding the Qatari's are sitting on the mother lode of Natural Gas. I am no expert on the foreign relations, I hate to see the US on the wrong side, yet again.

To be honest, the middle east is such a mess partially because of the post-WWII divisions by the allies. So it is a mess.

But I honestly don't think a western nation can lead that area to peace. It has to come from within.
If you said that in 2002 you were 'against us' and a terrorist sympathizer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT