ADVERTISEMENT

.OTfor fans of dr-ben-carson

so this statement, from this horribly written editorial... "I think this shift is beginning to wrench the nation from one centered on the rights of individual citizens to one that accepts the right of the government to control even the most essential parts of our lives. This strikes a serious blow to the concept of freedom that gave birth to this nation."

that statement obviously means that he supports the freedom to marry then? oh he doesnt? oh he compared being gay to beastiality and obamacare to slavery? ohhhhhhhh, i get it. the individual rights he is speaking of are only the ones he agrees with. I wish this guy would go awayyyyyyyyyyy (not you iga, i love you buddy, i mean ben "im just a doctor" carson).

also, he spends the entire editorial talking about people demonizing him and not focusing on the issues, and yet his topic is on his definition of the term "political correctness". So... the issue is obamacare, as he spells out, he wants to debate that issue, but first he'd like to demonize the "liberal media" and a few "radicals" for what, choosing certain words out of respect to others? Because political correctness IS what is bringing down america right?

oh no, its obamacare mr carson? then why did you just write a several thousand word essay on a uselss topic? oh. its because you have no idea what you are talking about politically and are literally being a hypocrite in the very same essay? ok. i get it now.
This post was edited on 3/19 1:56 PM by iceheart08

Originally posted by iceheart08:

so this statement, from this horribly written editorial... "I think this shift is beginning to wrench the nation from one centered on the rights of individual citizens to one that accepts the right of the government to control even the most essential parts of our lives. This strikes a serious blow to the concept of freedom that gave birth to this nation."

that statement obviously means that he supports the freedom to marry then? oh he doesnt? oh he compared being gay to beastiality and obamacare to slavery? ohhhhhhhh, i get it. the individual rights he is speaking of are only the ones he agrees with. I wish this guy would go awayyyyyyyyyyy (not you iga, i love you buddy, i mean ben "im just a doctor" carson).

also, he spends the entire editorial talking about people demonizing him and not focusing on the issues, and yet his topic is on his definition of the term "political correctness". So... the issue is obamacare, as he spells out, he wants to debate that issue, but first he'd like to demonize the "liberal media" and a few "radicals" for what, choosing certain words out of respect to others? Because political correctness IS what is bringing down america right?

oh no, its obamacare mr carson? then why did you just write a several thousand word essay on a uselss topic? oh. its because you have no idea what you are talking about politically and are literally being a hypocrite in the very same essay? ok. i get it now.
the younger generation at its best..

I am more convinced than ever that this country has been taken over by pussified morons that couldn't pour piss out of a boot if there were directions on the heel and a hole in the toe.

Originally posted by tigerGUY:

I am more convinced than ever that this country has been taken over by pussified morons that couldn't pour piss out of a boot if there were directions on the heel and a hole in the toe.im honored that you think I have taken over the country.

and...

NOehbu3.png

Please know I'm 28 and am offended when you single out my generation because of posts like iceheart's. Sadly, you might be right. Still, it offends me. Without my resorting to attacking iceheart's post, please know my generation is not fully comprised of sheep following whatever society sells us. Thanks

Originally posted by Chief_Dale14:
This would be a perfect thread for The Round Table
I also frequent The Round Table when searching for a thread like this. I panicked and finally looked to TWZ to find it.

Dr Carson spoke at my son's graduation from medical school. He blended medicine, the future and obligations of the graduates as a generation, and humor brilliantly. One of the best speakers I've ever heard. The country was founded to escape tyranny and strong central government. People could think for themselves, provide for themselves, and help protect those in their community who were less fortunate. Dr Carson is not afraid to debate what he believes in. He sees the country changing directions as a mistake.The national debt has grown 60% under the last two presidents. The dollar has devalued since 1948. We borrow to give to others. Let's not forget the piece of the pie to service our debt grows each year. The way the government calculates the debt yields 7% debt increase in a year with no budget growth. Ever think the thirst for more tax base impacts the future of illegal aliens? Read the constitution. The federal government was to perform those duties which could not be pushed down to the states. The federal government is great at when effectiveness clearly trumps efficiency; consider our excellent military. But look at the growth of the Dept of Education, Dept of Environment, Dept of Energy. Couldn't the states and private industry accomplish more? We need to go back to the intent of the Constitution, and that doesn't mean using an amendment whose intent was to protect the children of slaves (1860s) to require American citizens to pay for the children of illegal aliens and grant them citizenship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT