ADVERTISEMENT

Ozone layer crisis. What happened?

TigerEnt

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2002
Cleveland SC
10 years ago we were going to be burned to crisp by a man caused ozone hole. Now they realize that the ozone hole fluctuates with the seasons.

In the 70’s global cooling (also caused by man) was going to kill us all. Then it was acid rain. Then it was global warming. That wasn’t consistent, so now it is climate change. Blamed for everything. Hurricanes et al.

I’m not an expert but age means experience. I have seen these things and more. Designed to accumulate power and reduce your freedom and choice. Don’t believe everything you read. Even if blasted out by all sources. Remain skeptical and patient. The truth will come out eventually.

10 years ago we were going to be burned to crisp by a man caused ozone hole. Now they realize that the ozone hole fluctuates with the seasons.

In the 70’s global cooling (also caused by man) was going to kill us all. Then it was acid rain. Then it was global warming. That wasn’t consistent, so now it is climate change. Blamed for everything. Hurricanes et al.

I’m not an expert but age means experience. I have seen these things and more. Designed to accumulate power and reduce your freedom and choice. Don’t believe everything you read. Even if blasted out by all sources. Remain skeptical and patient. The truth will come out eventually.
Chemtrails is the main reason for “Climate Change/Global Warming…. This is so the NWO can roll out Agenda 21, where they will tell us where we can & can’t live & visit.

I think the "ozone" thing was much earlier than 10 years ago. I'm 34 and I remember in the early 90s in elementary school talking about the ozone being threatened and how it would be completely destroyed in 20-30 years.

I also remember there being a lot of people that said we would run out of oil by 2010, then 2015, then 2020, then 2030, then 2100. Lol that's a pretty big and ever expanding target considering the automobile has only been available for the masses for 110 ish years.

Reactions: T.A. Fulmer
tenor.gif

Does this mean that we can start up the coal factory again? I’m also ready to start pumping out cheap aresol containers. Damn, that will be good news in West Virginia.

I definitely agree that global warming is more significantly affected by climate change fluctuations than human actions. However, to imply that ozone depletion is not affected by and contributed to by human involvement is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Once you realize that modern liberalism is the party of pessimism and defeat with a healthy dose of Anti-Christianity and Anti-Americanism all of your questions will be answered.

I absolutely appreciate age and experience. Curious if you can tell me if you've noticed any change in weather patterns over the past years? More extreme storms? More extreme temperatures? Feel hotter to you?

I'll look forward to your response on the round table.

I’m no scientist, but a cursory Google search shows that a global effort in the 1980’s to reduce the use of fluorocarbons allowed the ozone layer to improve.

Uh, yeah. This.

The World got together and took action to combat both acid rain and the ozone issue and we fixed those problems. You are right in that we’ve also learned there is ebb and flow to the ozone layer, but that’s a tangential matter. Do some googling and read up on the actions taken; those problems did not resolve themselves.

Revisionist history and constant skepticism are unhealthy.

Reactions: ladedade and dpic73
We stopped using CFCs. Any other brain busters?
So…. Man caused and Man fixed? Newer studies show CFC’s not conclusively proven to damage Ozone. It was a theory that was shouted as fact.

I believe in clean air and water. I believe man polluted. I believe we needed to change and we did.

arrogant to think we could change the climate. Water covers 70% of our globe. Have you traveled out West? No man for miles and miles. Sure areas were and are polluted. Fix that.

I literally cut and pasted the thread title into Google and got the answer with the first result.

Reactions: ladedade
So…. Man caused and Man fixed? Newer studies show CFC’s not conclusively proven to damage Ozone. It was a theory that was shouted as fact.

I believe in clean air and water. I believe man polluted. I believe we needed to change and we did.

arrogant to think we could change the climate. Water covers 70% of our globe. Have you traveled out West? No man for miles and miles. Sure areas were and are polluted. Fix that.
Ive said this before ... and will again ... since 2013, I have visited just about every major American city. I have also stepped foot on every Continent except for Antarctica. During those international travels I spent extended amounts of time (weeks at a time) in Sao Paulo Brazil, New Delhi India, and Beijing China. There isnt a American city that looks like these places.

Here in the US we could all get rid of our cars, abolish electricity, and all plastics ..... it wouldnt make a flippin difference. Ive seen what 1 Billion people shitting into the streets looks like ..... it doesnt matter if you recycle your Coke can or not.

WIth all that said, Im all for renewable energy and being good stewards of our planet. I mean this our collective home, and its the only one we got . Everything around us for trillions and trillions of miles in any direction just straight up sucks. We should keep our house clean.

Uh, yeah. This.

The World got together and took action to combat both acid rain and the ozone issue and we fixed those problems. You are right in that we’ve also learned there is ebb and flow to the ozone layer, but that’s a tangential matter. Do some googling and read up on the actions taken; those problems did not resolve themselves.

Revisionist history and constant skepticism are unhealthy.
There is more crap going into the atmosphere than ever before with second world countries becoming industrial and such. China and India ain't concerned about the environment for example.

Not man made nor man fixed.

Why has the earth been in a long warming pattern for centuries before the first fossil fuels were ever burned?

There is more crap going into the atmosphere than ever before with second world countries becoming industrial and such. China and India ain't concerned about the environment for example.

Not man made nor man fixed.

Why has the earth been in a long warming pattern for centuries before the first fossil fuels were ever burned?
Just maybe fossil fuels are adding to the problem.

So let's see, we're asking a science that only has about a 50% success rate on predicting weather one week out telling us what's the weather will be like in 50 years. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Fact: Earth's weather has varied dramatically over the last few million years. And that's with no cars, planes or cow farts.

Reactions: CUTiger1977

I haven't looked into the ozone layer depletion but I do know that the Carbon Dioxide theory of global warming has been proven to be bunk science.

I just wanted to get this out there before they can the upcoming Z06 version of the C8 corvette. I keep hearing it's going to be a 5.5 liter naturally asperated flat plane crank and sounds just like the Lamborghini Huracan.

So let's see, we're asking a science that only has about a 50% success rate on predicting weather one week out telling us what's the weather will be like in 50 years. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Fact: Earth's weather has varied dramatically over the last few million years. And that's with no cars, planes or cow farts.
I mean .... if the these "leaders" were really serious about "Climate Change" they would ban together and tell China to stop shitting into the air.

It makes no sense to continually to clean your Livingroom if you have a both a peanut butter and jelly covered toddler gleefully rolling all over your furniture and a dog with explosive diarrhea shitting all over your carpet. You need to scold your child and clean them up and take the damn dog outside THEN clean your livingroom.......

I mean .... if the these "leaders" were really serious about "Climate Change" they would ban together and tell China to stop shitting into the air.

It makes no sense to continually to clean your Livingroom if you have a both a peanut butter and jelly covered toddler gleefully rolling all over your furniture and a dog with explosive diarrhea shitting all over your carpet. You need to scold your child and clean them up and take the damn dog outside THEN clean your livingroom.......

I think we can do both. The G7 should take a position that China cannot be a major part of the global economy unless they rectify their human rights and environmental issues (among other things). Make investments in other developing countries, redirect manufacturing elsewhere, do something to force the issue. We shouldn't allow a bad actor to continue to gain global economic power.

We stopped using CFCs. Any other brain busters?
right this. its hilarious when people don't understand that the scientists got it right, made suggestions, government banned CFC's as a result and it worked, the hole in the ozone closed.

I think we can do both. The G7 should take a position that China cannot be a major part of the global economy unless they rectify their human rights and environmental issues (among other things). Make investments in other developing countries, redirect manufacturing elsewhere, do something to force the issue. We shouldn't allow a bad actor to continue to gain global economic power.
Oh agreed!!!!!! on all counts.

Reactions: yoshi121374

SMH

There is absolutely nothing to worry about with adding CO2 to the atmosphere. Also, we can't make China do anything.

Carbon Dioxide as done nearly all the warming it is going to do because the electromagnetic radiation absorption spectrum that carbon dioxide shares with water vapor is saturated.

What that means is that it can't absorb any more heat. We can triple the amount of CO2 and maybe only get a few degrees of warming -Dr William Happer (Princeton University). Note that warming doesn't = hotter. Just more degree days. It looks like it became saturated at 200 ppm because there has been little to no measurable warming since we increased the atmospheric concentration to 420 ppm. So basically you all are being fooled by the likes of Bill Nye the science guy, CNN and Don Lemon.

Don't be fooled by NASA temperature charts and sea level charts. They have been falsified.

SMH

There is absolutely nothing to worry about with adding CO2 to the atmosphere. Also, we can't make China do anything.

Carbon Dioxide as done nearly all the warming it is going to do because the electromagnetic radiation absorption spectrum that carbon dioxide shares with water vapor is saturated.

What that means is that it can't absorb any more heat. We can triple the amount of CO2 and maybe only get a few degrees of warming -Dr William Happer (Princeton University). Note that warming doesn't = hotter. Just more degree days. It looks like it became saturated at 200 ppm because there has been little to no measurable warming since we increased the atmospheric concentration to 420 ppm. So basically you all are being fooled by the likes of Bill Nye the science guy, CNN and Don Lemon.

Don't be fooled by NASA temperature charts and sea level charts. They have been falsified.
Oh we can ... we absolutely can. US and their allies can stop imported goods from China. US and their Allies could tell businesses that if they want to tell their goods within our borders, they must adhere to their manufacturing/waste standards if the Chinese cant or wont comply, move manufacturing to a country that will/can.

So we absolutely "CAN" make China clean up their act BUT ....we wont. Aaaaaaaaaaand the reason why is because ours "leaders" are subsidized either through back door benefits, direct payments or campaign contributions. OF COURSE .... we also need to blame ourselves. If the American people would just value/demand quality over lowest cost ....China wouldve never been a player on the world stage.

And ... my position on renewable and more efficient energy isnt necessarily on "Climate Change" but rather .... Im the type of person who NEVER gives 5 out of 5 stars on anything. There is ALWAYS room for improvement,. Perfect ratings lead to complacency. We can do better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT