ADVERTISEMENT

Per Biden Admin, Apple iPhone is superior

Android may be better in every facet, i do not know. What Apple has done is make all of their products easy to use and they all work well together seamlessly. For that reason alone i am loyal to them. They've also done a great job of introducing their technology into our everyday lives (apple pay, Car Play, Air Play). For that reason alone i think they'll always be to top choice for consumers.

lol suing them for creating software that only works on their hardware ?

Kind of like blackberry did thirty years ago and the government single handily kept them in business for 15 years longer than they should have been.

I must be too naive to think every piece of Apple equipment ever purchased was done so out of choice.

Maybe if blackberry had been as visionary of a company they’d still be around to provide some competition.

Android may be better in every facet, i do not know. What Apple has done is make all of their products easy to use and they all work well together seamlessly. For that reason alone i am loyal to them. They've also done a great job of introducing their technology into our everyday lives (apple pay, Car Play, Air Play). For that reason alone i think they'll always be to top choice for consumers.
That’s because Apple is a lifestyle company not a technology company.

I have always had Android phones and been happy with them, but my Samsung Galaxy S22 has many deficiencies. For example I can't share a contact or cut and paste. Disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigerridge
i use mac laptop for work. Its great for development work. I've not used an iphone since 2009 due to their planned obsolescence. Droids are cheaper and better phones. I have the pixel 8 pro. I was able to get it for 400 bucks after rebates and trade in. Its a better phone all around. Im not sorry apple phone users have no clue about whats going on.

My employer allows iPhone only for security reasons. Want an android? No phone allowance, no mobile access, no job.

Androids are like Glocks. Great after you change out all the stock parts.
More that Android allows choice. Want that same stock out-of-the-box functionality? Get a Pixel. Want the highest end components? Samsung. And then everything in-between.

I've got no problem with Apple, but I do think the intentional lack of interoperability, specifically when it comes to messaging, is stupid and only there to create a walled garden. There are no security concerns if both are using end-to-end encryption, and currently apple makes messaging less secure by only allowing sms texts to android.

you got it, my smart friend...

I was a strong proponent of Apple phones. They were intuitive and easy to use. When the "upgrade" to operating system 8 came through (my company skipped 6 because it was so buggy), the ease of use dropped off. Every function took another menu to traverse. The automatic functions didn't do what I wanted.

Reactions: purenonsense
More that Android allows choice. Want that same stock out-of-the-box functionality? Get a Pixel. Want the highest end components? Samsung. And then everything in-between.

I've got no problem with Apple, but I do think the intentional lack of interoperability, specifically when it comes to messaging, is stupid and only there to create a walled garden. There are no security concerns if both are using end-to-end encryption, and currently apple makes messaging less secure by only allowing sms texts to android.
Yeah I don’t know anything about security or tech lol. Just found it odd that my employer doesn’t allow android. Typically my most nerdy tech friends all use android though.

Yeah I don’t know anything about security or tech lol. Just found it odd that my employer doesn’t allow android. Typically my most nerdy tech friends all use android though.
There definitely are some security things that, depending on the company, may make apple make more sense. Especially if you are using some applications that only have iOS applications. Really, the same security levels can be met with either, it just depends on the software you load on it.

Reactions: clemsontyger04
I guess you don't believe me. I cannot share a contact with the v card.
You can in fact do both those things. You have multiple options, share as text or file.
I guess you do not believe me. I cannot share a contact with the v card. I used to be able to. I used to be able to cut and paste with difficulty but now I cannot do it at all. I know what I am doing.

@Trading Tiger not understanding the laughs...that's 100% the case on texting. It's more insecure right now because they haven't wanted it to be secured when texting phones on other operating systems. It will be fixed when they adopt RCS this year, but it's very much intentional currently.

Doesn't change that it's a great product and OS, but they have also been purposeful in how they have gone about it. Which, good for them. I don't really think the lawsuit is worth anything, it's not like you don't have choice.

I could've bought an iphone 15, bought a 24+ instead. Superior screen, battery life, charging speed, etc. I've made a lot of money on apple stock over the years, don't own any apple products. Iphones are inferior, Macs are for liberal arts majors, and i've never used a tablet. I hope this helps. I do watch a lot of Apple TV though

Always have had Android. Galaxy S23 Ultra here.

And btw...
Lets-Go-Brandon-1-1200x675.jpg

Never got the appeal of everything syncing together. Sounds more like digital prison if you can't use it with anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT