ADVERTISEMENT

Planted?

Nah... It won't amount to much.

Republicans made a HUGE HUGE mistake in not putting their members on the January 6th Committee. I personally didn't follow closely as I was pretty sure that the election wasn't stolen in 2020 and that Trump both knew that and was doing whatever he could to remain in office (and out of Jail). BUT... by refusing to participate the Republicans gave the Dems the complete floor to do and say whatever they wanted to the public. DId it affect Trump's core base? Nope. DId it affect the independent voters and moderates on both sides of the aisle. You bet! And any Dem or Republican is going to get about 40% of the vote based on the D or R by their name. But that 20% in the middle is what makes and breaks the election. Those folks will never vote Trump now.

Dems won't make that mistake.
Laughing at this Trump hysteria. That ship sailed but the Dems just love him too much.

Nah... It won't amount to much.

Republicans made a HUGE HUGE mistake in not putting their members on the January 6th Committee. I personally didn't follow closely as I was pretty sure that the election wasn't stolen in 2020 and that Trump both knew that and was doing whatever he could to remain in office (and out of Jail). BUT... by refusing to participate the Republicans gave the Dems the complete floor to do and say whatever they wanted to the public. DId it affect Trump's core base? Nope. DId it affect the independent voters and moderates on both sides of the aisle. You bet! And any Dem or Republican is going to get about 40% of the vote based on the D or R by their name. But that 20% in the middle is what makes and breaks the election. Those folks will never vote Trump now.

Dems won't make that mistake.
I've seen some talking heads claim they have evidence that the Jan 6th Committee had a far bigger impact than expected and absolutely helped the mid-terms from becoming a giant red wave. That was a totally blown opportunity for the Republicans, though I have no idea what they could have done to affect the findings. And in all fairness, there were two Republicans on the committee - normal ones anyway.

The thing that blows my mind is the mid-terms proved that the public is tired of the bullshit and the last thing they want is a bunch of clowns taking up all the air in the room for the next two years with a bunch of obnoxious, vengeful investigations. They just aren't listening and I'm quite sure, it will cost them down the road.

By the way, whatever happened to inflation? You know, the huge issue that they ran on??

Reactions: flotiger
You're so far into this that I know I'll never pull you out. Honestly for me Trump is old news and your obsession with this is unhealthy. But I know that also won't change your desire to continue with this.

The 2020 election was the most unfair election I have ever seen and perhaps the most unfair election in the history of our country. That doesn't mean that there were actual fake votes cast or votes were changed. There's no evidence to suggest that went on on a large scale that would have altered the outcome.

That being said there was absolutely collusion between the media and the Democrats to make sure that Joe Biden won. That's dangerous and the fact that you don't seem to recognize that is a little stunning to me. There was a lot wrong that year with the election and that includes the behavior of the President of the United States in the days after that election.

If as you say his intent was to stage a coup d'etat then he did the worst job ever at it. He had absolutely no elements in place that would be necessary to complete such a thing. There was no evidence of organization of such an effort. There was a lot of organization to try to legally challenge the election but even they had no evidence as when they went to court they had nothing. The so-called kraken never appeared.

I can understand why you want to live in the world where this just happened because it avoids questions about everything that the Democrats are doing in this country which is leading us to financial ruin, insecurity, lawlessness and a general state of malaise. I wish I could say with confidence that if Republicans were in power things would be immeasurably better but that's just not true either. They're almost as bad as the Democrats. It's just the nature of things in our country which is a really sad of state of affairs.

That being said there was absolutely collusion between the media and the Democrats to make sure that Joe Biden won. That's dangerous and the fact that you don't seem to recognize that is a little stunning to me.

You realize this happens on both sides, right? There is collusion all the time between trump (or insert republican name here) and fox news, oann, etc. We have texts between hannity and trump's COS proving that fox was basically the his propaganda wing.

Don't believe me? The next time a really negative story about a republican breaks (in other words, tomorrow) take a look at foxnews.com and tell me how prominently they are covering it. Or spinning it for that manner.

Why is it OK for the right wing media to collude with the right (they have been doing it for 20+ years) but the "media" as you call them should held to a higher standard?

• Love
Reactions: dpic73
Do you think this is what America wants or just you dark-red MAGAs? Losing the Senate and squeaking out a win in the House, that should have been a landslide is NOT a mandate to pursue a revenge campaign against Biden simply because he stomped your orange calf. Nobody gives a shit about this trash - and they especially don't care what the sleazeballs on the other side have to say.

You do understand that a lot of presidents have keep documents and most either unknowingly or with no intent. Trump lied that he had any, should probably be punished for that. Biden should also, but on much different terms, since the malfeasance was much worse
I see what you are saying... but a question here.

Biden's own lawyers found the documents and self reported and turned them over all on their own. If they'd simply covered it up and shredded them, we would never have known. Trump on the other hand ignored court orders and DOJ requests until the FBI came and took them. THEN he told us that the FBI planted them. THEN he told us that he "declassified" them by simply thinking them declassified and there's no evidence that he went through ANY of the process to let the agencies that own the documents know that he declassified them.

Biden on the other hand simply looks like he forgot all about them. I'm not sure which is worse...

Personally, I'm a results driven guy. Both Trump and Biden had classified documents and were not supposed to have them. Honesty, It doesn't matter how they got there, it only matters that these documents were not protected as they should have been.

That being said there was absolutely collusion between the media and the Democrats to make sure that Joe Biden won. That's dangerous and the fact that you don't seem to recognize that is a little stunning to me.

You realize this happens on both sides, right? There is collusion all the time between trump (or insert republican name here) and fox news, oann, etc. We have texts between hannity and trump's COS proving that fox was basically the his propaganda wing.

Don't believe me? The next time a really negative story about a republican breaks (in other words, tomorrow) take a look at foxnews.com and tell me how prominently they are covering it. Or spinning it for that manner.

Why is it OK for the right wing media to collude with the right (they have been doing it for 20+ years) but the "media" as you call them should held to a higher standard?

It isn't ok at all. I know what you're referring to and you're right. Fox and others won't cover a lot of things and vice versa with the left. But here is the rub

Fox News and NewsMax versus

NBC
ABC
CBS
NYT
USA Today
CNN
Washington Post
MSNBC
Facebook
Twitter

And so on and on and on...

Kind of tilted...

Also when have Republicans been able to ban a story? We saw that last time. Joe Biden was vetted the 80s and found unfit. It has been more of the same since and yet he went unexposed last time. Why? We know the answer.

I see what you are saying... but a question here.

Biden's own lawyers found the documents and self reported and turned them over all on their own. If they'd simply covered it up and shredded them, we would never have known. Trump on the other hand ignored court orders and DOJ requests until the FBI came and took them. THEN he told us that the FBI planted them. THEN he told us that he "declassified" them by simply thinking them declassified and there's no evidence that he went through ANY of the process to let the agencies that own the documents know that he declassified them.

Biden on the other hand simply looks like he forgot all about them. I'm not sure which is worse...

Personally, I'm a results driven guy. Both Trump and Biden had classified documents and were not supposed to have them. Honesty, It doesn't matter how they got there, it only matters that these documents were not protected as they should have been.
This is all true, although Trump had the authority to remove and declassify and by all account the documents were protected to satisfaction. Should we believe that, Hell IDK. The case with Biden as he had no authority at all to declassify or anything else. This is turn makes it that much worse and much more mysterious and secretive!
Trump lying, should not go unpunished!
We will see what happen's now with Biden. When I first posted this, I was of the thinking that these docs were planted, but not by who many on here think.

It isn't ok at all. I know what you're referring to and you're right. Fox and others won't cover a lot of things and vice versa with the left. But here is the rub

Fox News and NewsMax versus

NBC
ABC
CBS
NYT
USA Today
CNN
Washington Post
MSNBC
Facebook
Twitter

And so on and on and on...

Kind of tilted...

Also when have Republicans been able to ban a story? We saw that last time. Joe Biden was vetted the 80s and found unfit. It has been more of the same since and yet he went unexposed last time. Why? We know the answer.

It's much more even than that.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version7.1.jpg

This is all true, although Trump had the authority to remove and declassify and by all account the documents were protected to satisfaction. Should we believe that, Hell IDK. The case with Biden as he had no authority at all to declassify or anything else. This is turn makes it that much worse and much more mysterious and secretive!
Trump lying, should not go unpunished!
We will see what happen's now with Biden. When I first posted this, I was of the thinking that these docs were planted, but not by who many on here think.

How do you know Obama didn't mentally declassify the documents Joe had?

It's much more even than that.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version7.1.jpg

So you really believe this stuff you post? A little help...

Nightly news on the networks draw 5-8m viewers per network. All lean significantly left. About 20m people watch each night.

About 3-3.5m people watch Fox News each night.

MSNBC has about 1.7m and CNN about 1m.

Each night around 23m people consume left leaning news. Around 4.2m consume right leaning news.

How about paid news online? NYT has more by itself than almost all right leaning news sites combined.

How about newspaper circulation?

So let's do this. I want to use your logic with money according to your super handy visual.

I will give you a stack of 10 $1 bills. You can give me a stack of 10 $20 bills. I mean according to you they're even that way so I'll take the stack of 10 $20 bills. I can even make a graph to show you that there are 10 increments of money on each side of it. Will that help you out?

Lol....

So you really believe this stuff you post? A little help...

Nightly news on the networks draw 5-8m viewers per network. All lean significantly left. About 20m people watch each night.

About 3-3.5m people watch Fox News each night.

MSNBC has about 1.7m and CNN about 1m.

Each night around 23m people consume left leaning news. Around 4.2m consume right leaning news.

How about paid news online? NYT has more by itself than almost all right leaning news sites combined.

How about newspaper circulation?

So let's do this. I want to use your logic with money according to your super handy visual.

I will give you a stack of 10 $1 bills. You can give me a stack of 10 $20 bills. I mean according to you they're even that way so I'll take the stack of 10 $20 bills. I can even make a graph to show you that there are 10 increments of money on each side of it. Will that help you out?

Lol....

This was not the argument that I was responding to. You listed two media sources that were conservative and then 10 that were liberal and used that as your argument. You listed a mix of print / online / tv.

Now, in your never-ending effort to be right about everything, you are changing the conversation. I am embarrassed for you.

Comes around, goes around...All a freakin' waste of time!
Waste of $ too. American taxpayers are held hostage by BOTH political parties when government infrastructure and processes are used to advance party interests. We have debt issues that must be resolved.

Just compromise and throw Trump and Biden in jail and let's move on with divided government.

Reactions: moradatiger70
Waste of $ too. American taxpayers are held hostage by BOTH political parties when government infrastructure and processes are used to advance party interests. We have debt issues that must be resolved.

Just compromise and throw Trump and Biden in jail and let's move on with divided government.
How are taxpayers being held hostages by BOTH parties? Only in your mind is that so. By not reasonable evaluation is that true. Trump tried a coup to stay in power. His actions had to be investigated in order to, and I don't think I'm overstating it, save democracy. Biden isn't on same planet with what Trump did, nor is he as despicable of a person.

How are taxpayers being held hostages by BOTH parties? Only in your mind is that so. By not reasonable evaluation is that true. Trump tried a coup to stay in power. His actions had to be investigated in order to, and I don't think I'm overstating it, save democracy. Biden isn't on same planet with what Trump did, nor is he as despicable of a person.
You can only laugh at this kind of post, at this point. Dear lowered!

• Haha
Reactions: CUTiger1977
I'm comparing the records mishandling. It is an event they are both culpable for. 1/6 is a separate and distinct issue.

All federal employees (including the Executive Branch) receive training on how to handle government documents. Laws apply equally to all. Based upon what's reported (and facts are hard to find in politicized media), I suspect that both Trump and Biden did the same thing. Icing on the cake though is Biden criticized Trump and did it himself.

People who politicize the law and apply justice unequally to suit their political needs are part of the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT