ADVERTISEMENT

Positive comments?

moradatiger70

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
SC/FL
Can anyone from the left give any policy and/or accomplishment they liked from Donald Trump's presidency? (without a "but")

Can anyone from the left give any policy and/or accomplishment they liked from Donald Trump's presidency? (without a "but")

I liked appointment of Jerome Powell to the Fed. I also like his appointment of Nikki Haley, and a few others.

I also felt that the operation warp speed was huge and probably saved a lot of lives.

I was a huge fan of his push for infrastructure investment and was disappointed Republicans in congress didn’t advance it.

Also supported his suspension of payroll taxes, although that only impacted federal employees. Would have supported a break on that nationwide.

Supported his tax cuts for pass through income (I have a but here but I’ll keep it to myself for now in the spirit of the thread lol).

At the time I thought the hiring of James Mattis for Secretary of Defense was trumps best hire. Fortunately, Mattis wasn't the "Yes Man" trump expected so he resigned and trump did what he does best, he insulted him. And, FWIW, I'm neither on the left or right. I call them as I see them.

I'll even added one more. Trump and the COVID vaccine. He forced short cuts into the existing vaccination system. I thought that was a terrible idea and it worked out. He was right and we got an effective vaccine in an unheard of time. Props to him for that.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I'll even added one more. Trump and the COVID vaccine. He forced short cuts into the existing vaccination system. I thought that was a terrible idea and it worked out. He was right and we got an effective vaccine in an unheard of time. Props to him for that.
He cut the red tape, for sure. Not sold on it working out great from an R&D perspective. That's another argument.
At the time I thought the hiring of James Mattis for Secretary of Defense was trumps best hire. Fortunately, Mattis wasn't the "Yes Man" trump expected so he resigned and trump did what he does best, he insulted him. And, FWIW, I'm neither on the left or right. I call them as I see them.
Mattis did not agree with the POTUS in removing soldiers from Syria or Afghanistan. I get they had differences. Then we had the removal of soldiers from Afghanistan by the next president in abhorrent fashion.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
He cut the red tape, for sure. Not sold on it working out great from an R&D perspective. That's another argument.

Mattis did not agree with the POTUS in removing soldiers from Syria or Afghanistan. I get they had differences. Then we had the removal of soldiers from Afghanistan by the next president in abhorrent fashion.
For me it was Biden's biggest fvck-up. They should have gotten all the eligible civilians out first before they got the troops out instead of the other way around.

Seeing the Mattis was a decorated 4 Star general and trump was, essentially, a draft dodger, I'd probably put a little more stock in Mattis's evaluation of a military situation.

Now ask the MAGAs on here to do similar with Biden. See how they respond.
When gas prices started to get out of control he actually did something about it and brought the prices down. Everyone was putting those stickers on the gas pumps forever, and then some changes were made and we came back down closer to $3 a gallon.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
When gas prices started to get out of control he actually did something about it and brought the prices down. Everyone was putting those stickers on the gas pumps forever, and then some changes were made and we came back down closer to $3 a gallon.
It's all about supply + demand. No prezident has control over the price of gas. Otherwise, they could use it as a bargaining chip at election time.

The vaccine is easily, easily the biggest accomplishment of the Trump administration. It’s not even close. Painfully ironic that it’s mostly his supporters who won’t take it.

It's all about supply + demand. No prezident has control over the price of gas. Otherwise, they could use it as a bargaining chip at election time.
Suggesting that a President has no influence over gas prices is incorrect . Of course a President can influence, but not control, gas prices. Policies do in fact matter.

I don't love Trump , but he does speak to the concerns of the average person.

Last edited:
I don't love Trump , but he does speak to the concerns of the average person or than Joe.
I think what you really mean is he fools you into believing he cares about you as long as you'll vote for him and donate to his legal expenses. But I'll hear you out, what does the "average" person want?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT