ADVERTISEMENT

Immunity and the maga cult

iceheart08

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
If there's ever been a clear example of just how far the maga cult is willing to go in bending the knee to their deal leader, the support for Trump's claim of presidential immunity from the special prosecutor is perfect.

They are seriously supporting Trump's argument that the founders intended for the president of the United states to be immune from criminal prosecution for his/her actions as president.

This group of humans who risked their lives to setup a system that was in direct contrast to the monarchy somehow also believed that the executive of their government should be immune from criminal consequences?

This doesn't pass the laugh test. And it's not a situation any of you would want if we were talking about Biden or any other dem president.

But dear leader asked. And you all asked how high.

Embarrassing.

Thankfully the DC Court of Appeals just struck it down.

“For the purpose of this criminal case, former President Trump has become citizen Trump, with all of the defenses of any other criminal defendant,” wrote for the panel of three judges who serve in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. “But any executive immunity that may have protected him while he served as President no longer protects him against this prosecution.”

The unanimous 57-page decision represents a major blow to the former president and his defense team’s strategy, which hinges on the idea that the four-count indictment handed down by a grand jury last year should be tossed out because it arose from actions he took while in the White House.

“Properly understood, the separation of powers doctrine may immunize lawful discretionary acts but does not bar the federal criminal prosecution of a former President for every official act,” they wrote.

Former President who touted himself as the “law and order” candidate upset that he can’t wantonly break the law as President.

Its also funny that he keeps saying if the President doesn’t have immunity then the country can’t function, yet we’ve managed to make it 236 years as a constitutional republic without Presidential immunity.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Who in their rabbit ass mind actually believe that they can commit a crime and not be prosecuted for it because of their position? One would really be delusional to actually think this. But Donald in his feeble mind has been doing wrong for so long; he actually believes he is right. And soon all his evil deeds will be answered.

Former President who touted himself as the “law and order” candidate upset that he can’t wantonly break the law as President.

Its also funny that he keeps saying if the President doesn’t have immunity then the country can’t function, yet we’ve managed to make it 236 years as a constitutional republic without Presidential immunity.
Almost like “law and order” was just a dog whistle for putting leftists and blacks down

If there's ever been a clear example of just how far the maga cult is willing to go in bending the knee to their deal leader, the support for Trump's claim of presidential immunity from the special prosecutor is perfect.

They are seriously supporting Trump's argument that the founders intended for the president of the United states to be immune from criminal prosecution for his/her actions as president.

This group of humans who risked their lives to setup a system that was in direct contrast to the monarchy somehow also believed that the executive of their government should be immune from criminal consequences?

This doesn't pass the laugh test. And it's not a situation any of you would want if we were talking about Biden or any other dem president.

Embarrassing.
You seem concerned with his chances.

Reactions: JinxyPat

Embarrassing.
When will Obama be indicted for murder then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemson Goat

Embarrassing.
Wait...now the left loves the racist founders?

• Love
You seem concerned with his chances.

I would think that even you would be troubled by the GOP’s recent stances.

1. Claiming the president has full immunity for the crimes he committed.

2. Selectively deciding which Supreme Court decisions to follow, thereby destroying the purpose of the three branches of government.

Also think that it is hilarious that Trump is simultaneously arguing that he did nothing wrong while also claiming that he should be immune for the things he did wrong.

When will Barry Soetaro or whatever he calls himself at any given time be arrested and indicted for murder?

You lose all credibility when you post shit like that. Just kidding, you never had any credibility.
Says the guy with no credibility. 😂

Just for shits and giggles please tell us the difference between this and Trump on J6.

Yes, it’s always been that way and always should be that way. Presidents should absolutely be held accountable for illegal activities perpetuated while in office. Charge Clinton, Obama, bush, whoever with charges if there’s factual evidence of illegal activities committed while in/out of office.

I would think that even you would be troubled by the GOP’s recent stances.

1. Claiming the president has full immunity for the crimes he committed.

2. Selectively deciding which Supreme Court decisions to follow, thereby destroying the purpose of the three branches of government.

Also think that it is hilarious that Trump is simultaneously arguing that he did nothing wrong while also claiming that he should be immune for the things he did wrong.
Honestly, other than listening to various Sirius/XM news channels during work commutes, I haven’t paid too much attention. I listen just enough to remind myself, life is better without all that noise.

The truth is, both sides mimic each other in all the wars they push boundaries/break rules. The older I get, the more Libertarian I become. The one aspect to Trump which keeps my vote with him, is that he’s anti establishment. Let’s be real, both Dem/Pub lifelong politicians are the same. They’re in all things together.

If a candidate arose promising term limits, now that would be attractive.

They never had it... and neither does Trump. This is apparent to anyone with half a brain. If someone committed a crime, charge them, convict them and put them in jail. I have NO PROBLEM with Obama, Biden, or whomever going to jail for crimes they committed. Too bad you aren't able to say the same for Trump.

Honestly, other than listening to various Sirius/XM news channels during work commutes, I haven’t paid too much attention. I listen just enough to remind myself, life is better without all that noise.

The truth is, both sides mimic each other in all the wars they push boundaries/break rules. The older I get, the more Libertarian I become. The one aspect to Trump which keeps my vote with him, is that he’s anti establishment. Let’s be real, both Dem/Pub lifelong politicians are the same. They’re in all things together.

I’ve flip flopped on term limits throughout the years. I think the only way they would work effectively is if there’s a moratorium on elected officials getting into lobbying or holding positions of influence at public companies. It seems like if there were term limits, elected officials would do anything and everything to set themselves up with a cush gig after their term ended. Though to be fair, it’s already like that.

I think a more effective way at limiting corruption would be to somehow crack down on the insider trading, get rid of the reliance on lobbyists writing laws, and getting rid of citizens united.

Politicians were never meant to spend their lives in public office. It was meant to be a limited duty of public service. Somewhere over the years people realized it’s a great way to get stupid wealthy and here we are with corrupt and loaded politicians gaming the system for themselves and their donors.

Nikki Haley has repeatedly endorsed Congressional Term Limits on the campaign trail and signed a pledge in May 2023 to support the Term Limits Plan.

Republican presidential hopeful Nikki Haley endorsed a congressional term limit plan.

Under the plan, politicians would be limited to three House terms and two Senate terms. She is the first 2024 candidate to sign a pledge to back the plan and support a constitutional amendment for it, according to U.S. Term Limits, a group that advocates that policy.

"Our Founding Fathers did not want people to make careers out of government. Yet our current D.C. politicians have made a lucrative career of long-term service with some members of Congress serving most of their life in Congress. The result of this dysfunction speaks for itself," Haley said in a statement.

Many conservatives have come out in favor of term limits, including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), who introduced a U.S. Term Limits-backed constitutional amendment in the Senate. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has also committed to holding a vote on it in the House, per the group.

"We are pleased that Ambassador Haley has signed the U.S. Term Limits presidential pledge," Philip Blumel, the president of U.S. Term Limits, said in a statement. "These advocates have rejected the career politician model and want to replace it with citizen leadership. The way to achieve this goal is through congressional term limits."

Last edited:

Embarrassing.
I was in agreement with your entire post and then....dammit...you lost me!

I’ve flip flopped on term limits throughout the years. I think the only way they would work effectively is if there’s a moratorium on elected officials getting into lobbying or holding positions of influence at public companies. It seems like if there were term limits, elected officials would do anything and everything to set themselves up with a cush gig after their term ended. Though to be fair, it’s already like that.

I think a more effective way at limiting corruption would be to somehow crack down on the insider trading, get rid of the reliance on lobbyists writing laws, and getting rid of citizens united.

Politicians were never meant to spend their lives in public office. It was meant to be a limited duty of public service. Somewhere over the years people realized it’s a great way to get stupid wealthy and here we are with corrupt and loaded politicians gaming the system for themselves and their donors.
We need an overhaul on congressional rules that includes everything you’ve mentioned. The amount of illegal insider trading happening is ridiculous and both sides of the aisle are guilty.

I would strongly support term limits and I’d even also support longer terms, as I think one of the things poisoning our politics is the never ending campaigning and the full turnover of the house every cycle.

We need an overhaul on congressional rules that includes everything you’ve mentioned. The amount of illegal insider trading happening is ridiculous and both sides of the aisle are guilty.

I would strongly support term limits and I’d even also support longer terms, as I think one of the things poisoning our politics is the never ending campaigning and the full turnover of the house every cycle.

The most immediate consequence of term limits is that the money gets concentrated in the lobbyist class. The lawmaking expertise lives with the lobbyists and they end up with all the power.

It isn't the term limits, it's the money.

Reactions: WapPride
What about the bolded did you not agree with? I was saying republicans would never be ok with Biden having any kind of immunity.
I guess it sounded very bi-partisan until the bold.
But I agree, they would not be, and as you say, should not!

Edit: I will go on to say, why ask for immunity if you think you did nothing wrong!

I'll answer my own question. Because the left will and has done EVERYTHING in their power to take the man down.

Looks like this article was written during that little sweet spot when he was only dividing the country daily with his hate tweets and before he tried to bribe Zelensky into announcing a fake corruption investigation into Biden. Oh what glorious days those were.
Yea it does suck when President's do this kind of crap! I guess Trump thought whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.
That's not the right though.
Just think if the politicians and media would leave a President alone to "CONTINUE" do the good work he has already started, how much greater we would be at this point.

Yea it does suck when President's do this kind of crap! I guess Trump thought whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.
That's not the right though.
Just think if the politicians and media would leave a President alone to "CONTINUE" do the good work he has already started, how much greater we would be at this point.
Wait, are you suggesting they should have just ignored his impeachable offenses and his constant stream of hatred? Those are not considered good works fyi.

Wait, are you suggesting they should have just ignored his impeachable offenses and his constant stream of hatred? Those are not considered good works fyi.
Dude he was impeached by the house because they didn't like the guy. If it were impeachable, he would've been kicked out of office and really impeached. Get your head outta your ass!
You know all the dumb BS crap they threw against the wall.

You're still attacking him because he's a threat to your dementia president. If he were not running, none of the trails would even be happening, would they?

I haven't been following this , was the decision handed down by the SCOTUS or some liberal judge's in DC.
It was the liberal DC court. However, it was a unanimous decision with even the George W Bush judge voting that Trump didn't have immunity. Trump isn't going to win this one at the SCOTUS... I'd be surprised if they even looked at it.

One of the Judges in the DC court asked Trump's lawyer. "So you are saying if the POTUS right before he left office ordered SEAL team 6 to shoot and kill a political opponent, he would be immune from prosecution?" Trump's lawyer: Yes.

It was the liberal DC court. However, it was a unanimous decision with even the George W Bush judge voting that Trump didn't have immunity. Trump isn't going to win this one at the SCOTUS... I'd be surprised if they even looked at it.

One of the Judges in the DC court asked Trump's lawyer. "So you are saying if the POTUS right before he left office ordered SEAL team 6 to shoot and kill a political opponent, he would be immune from prosecution?" Trump's lawyer: Yes.
I ask because IDK. Who is that article of immunity owed?

Dude he was impeached by the house because they didn't like the guy. If it were impeachable, he would've been kicked out of office and really impeached. Get your head outta your ass!
You know all the dumb BS crap they threw against the wall.

You're still attacking him because he's a threat to your dementia president. If he were not running, none of the trails would even be happening, would they?
Dude you don't get to re-write history. It was absolutely an impeachable offense and if they had let it slide, it would have set precedent that anything goes in your re-election campaign. There was a trial and everything with multiple witnesses and it was proven. But that doesn't matter if Republicans are afraid to do the right thing. He was guilty and you're part of the problem for excusing him. Have you lost your moral compass?

No one is trying to rewrite anything.

>Was he removed from office? Why?

>Would the felony trials be going on, if he were not a threat to your dementia president?

No one is trying to rewrite anything.

>Was he removed from office? Why?

>Would the felony trials be going on, if he were not a threat to your dementia president?
He wasn't removed because Republican senators are pussies who are afraid of him. And for good reason, when someone tries to hold him accountable, his fanboys - like you, terrorize them and vote them out of office. That's why he can't be held accountable - because of people like you.

And you've lost your damn mind if you don't understand why he's being tried for trying to overthrow our democracy by siccing his rabid militia on the politicians in the Capitol. He should have been removed for all the insidious lies he told about the election but that wasn't good enough - he took it to an extreme and incited the worst attack on our Capitol since the War of 1812. The question you should be asking yourself is WHY YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT?

Reactions: nytigerfan
Looks like this article was written during that little sweet spot when he was only dividing the country daily with his hate tweets and before he tried to bribe Zelensky into announcing a fake corruption investigation into Biden. Oh what glorious days those were.
This entire post is false and insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT