ADVERTISEMENT

Really sad. And really despicable.

Did he say it or did God say it in his word? If what he said was backed by scripture, rightly divided and compared scripture with scripture then it’s not his word, but God’s word! So many take God’s word out of context, a true man called by God to preach never will!

I'm not going to say all that, but to say that Graham said "despicable things about gays" as if he had some kind of personal animus against gay people rather than simply preaching Christian views on sexuality seems wrong to me. If people think he's a bad person for preaching orthodox Christian teaching, then so be it, but let's make sure we understand that's the context.

Then you're using it a non-helpful way. I'm not sure how you're advancing whatever it is you want to advance by using rhetoric that you don't like.

I am smart enough to know that I am not going to change the mind of any of the other message board posters about this shit. Everyone has their own bias and beliefs, and no matter how much evidence is presented to the contrary, nobody will ever admit they are wrong about something. I have no other "cause" other than to expose hypocrisy.

Reactions: Grumplin
I am smart enough to know that I am not going to change the mind of any of the other message board posters about this shit. Everyone has their own bias and beliefs, and no matter how much evidence is presented to the contrary, nobody will ever admit they are wrong about something. I have no other "cause" other than to expose hypocrisy.

You definitely won't change anybody's minds by not even trying, though. Seems to me that kind of cynicism just breeds even more cynicism, and is an excuse for not being serious.

I believe miss duca will be the person in hell.

It can all be attributed to the Holy Bible...read it.

I completely understand that it can be attributed to the Bible, my point is that everyone is not going to agree with it. I dont want to start an argument over the topic as I realize it is EXTREMELY controversial, but their are lots of statements in the bible many people dont agree with. Whether you agree with or not (or whether it is mentioned in the bible or not), someone that is gay or Jewish might be very offended by what he said.

I'm also pretty sure his comments about Jews on the recorded phone conversations with Richard Nixon (Jews have a stranglehold on the media in this country and if we dont do something about it this country is going down the tubes) weren't the word of God but his own opinion... Again, not trying to pick a fight with anyone just trying to give some perspective on why some people werent as fond of him as others.

I'm not going to say all that, but to say that Graham said "despicable things about gays" as if he had some kind of personal animus against gay people rather than simply preaching Christian views on sexuality seems wrong to me. If people think he's a bad person for preaching orthodox Christian teaching, then so be it, but let's make sure we understand that's the context.
That’s what I’m asking, Christians are to hate sin just as God does, not sinners. Most people think because a person preaches against sin or someone’s beliefs that they are a hypocrite or hate the person, but it’s actually love for the person by telling them what God says, it’s their stop sign on their way to hell. Glad I heard a preacher make me uncomfortable in my sin one night and I received Christ as my only hope. All other religions that do not accept Christ as the only way to heaven or that the messiah hasn’t came yet or whatever it is, is a lie against the Bible (God’s word and only authority on sin), straight out of hell.

I completely understand that it can be attributed to the Bible, my point is that everyone is not going to agree with it. I dont want to start an argument over the topic as I realize it is EXTREMELY controversial, but their are lots of statements in the bible many people dont agree with. Whether you agree with or not (or whether it is mentioned in the bible or not), someone that is gay or Jewish might be very offended by what he said.

I'm also pretty sure his comments about Jews on the recorded phone conversations with Richard Nixon (Jews have a stranglehold on the media in this country and if we dont do something about it this country is going down the tubes) weren't the word of God but his own opinion... Again, not trying to pick a fight with anyone just trying to give some perspective on why some people werent as fond of him as others.

Right, not everybody has to think the guy was great. But it seems to me that if the worst things you can say about someone are that they preached orthodox Christian doctrines of sexuality and that he was on a tape being obsequious towards Richard Nixon about Jews 40 years ago, then they're probably not too bad a person. When it comes to homosexuality, if you have a problem with what Graham preached, then you're going to have a problem with Christian teachings about sexuality. What Graham was recorded saying about Jews was surely anti-semitic (and something for which he apologized), but this wasn't something he preached or even advocated.

Agree completely, but what was her beef w/ Rev. Graham? Maybe just because he was a Christian?

Yes, it was because he preached Christian doctrine on sexuality. Duca may not be representative of many people, but you do have people in this thread repeating some of that.

That’s what I’m asking, Christians are to hate sin just as God does, not sinners. Most people think because a person preaches against sin or someone’s beliefs that they are a hypocrite or hate the person, but it’s actually love for the person by telling them what God says, it’s their stop sign on their way to hell. Glad I heard a preacher make me uncomfortable in my sin one night and I received Christ as my only hope. All other religions that do not accept Christ as the only way to heaven or that the messiah hasn’t came yet or whatever it is, is a lie against the Bible (God’s word and only authority on sin), straight out of hell.

Yes, but you're preaching to the choir with what you're saying.

Want to hear some dumb shit? Ellen DeGeneres called that woman in your avatar the mother of our country on her show today. LMAO.
Ellen has officially lost her mind. I used to really enjoy her show when it was all fun and lighthearted. Not crazy about the serious/political Ellen. I mean years ago, she was political and pushing an agenda. But it was somehow more tolerable then. Idk what's different now.

Reactions: amynhop
Yes, but you're preaching to the choir with what you're saying.
I was an alcoholic and when God saved me He took that lifestyle away. I seen my sinful lifestyle as bad as any my friend. We will remain sinners, but the joy of sin or the passive nature we have toward sin is gone. It’s called grieving the Holy Spirit, given at the moment of the new birth, while we still sin, there is a strong conviction of it and we have to continually repent and seek forgiveness, not to keep our relationship with God, that is written in heaven the moment we believe, but our constant repentance and seeking forgiveness is to remain in fellowship with God. There is a difference in relationship and fellowship with God.

Ellen has officially lost her mind. I used to really enjoy her show when it was all fun and lighthearted. Not crazy about the serious/political Ellen. I mean years ago, she was political and pushing an agenda. But it was somehow more tolerable then. Idk what's different now.

Yep. I used to think she was really funny. Needs to stick to dancing and trying to make people laugh. Because when she uses her show to disparage Trump.... upsets me.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
By no means am i trying to defend Duca, what she said is horrible. I was just trying to give some context why some people dont like Rev. Graham as much as others do.

There are a LOT of people in this country and on this planet that dont believe in the principles of Christianity, and there are a LOT of Christians that only believe in certain portions of Christian principles. There are probably more interpretations of the Bible than any other book in history, and some people interpret it to meet their specific interests.
Those people that dont believe the same things you believe have rights in the country too, whether you agree with them or not.

Not surprisingly, Amy's post was...let's call it taking the comment out of context to be nice. It was part of a monologue making fun of Trump's tweeting and she was talking about being like everyone's second mom. Not that she literally founded the country. I'm guessing Amy didn't like Ellen making fun of her idol.

Reactions: TigerDutch
Yep. I used to think she was really funny. Needs to stick to dancing and trying to make people laugh. Because when she uses her show to disparage Trump.... upsets me.

This is basically the same thing Laura Ingraham saying that LeBron should "shut up and stick to dribbling" or whatever she said. When did it become a law that only people that agree with what you believe should be able to give their opinion? They have just as much of a right to express their opinion as you do or President Trump does or anyone else in this country does.

You know how tough this board is when posters find fault with a 99 year old preacher who was a very fine Christian. An inspiration to many. A humble man. I'm sure most of us fall very short of the person he was. I know I do. I'd be very careful speaking ill of one of God's true and faithful servants such as Rev. Graham. Very careful, indeed.

You know how tough this board is when posters find fault with a 99 year old preacher who was a very fine Christian. An inspiration to many. A humble man. I'm sure most of us fall very short of the person he was. I know I do. I'd be very careful speaking ill of one of God's true and faithful servants such as Rev. Graham. Very careful, indeed.

As usual, you only hear what you want to hear and dont really read what anyone that doesn't exactly agree with you says. I was merely trying to say why some people have a problem with Rev. Graham. Others pointed out the same thing.

I just think it is very interesting that you are so irritated by people that have any type of criticism of conservative figures like Rev. Graham or President Trump, but arent troubled at all by someone like President Trump lashing out at and criticizing so many different groups. Its either OK to do it or its not.

As usual, you only hear what you want to hear and dont really read what anyone that doesn't exactly agree with you says. I was merely trying to say why some people have a problem with Rev. Graham. Others pointed out the same thing.

I just think it is very interesting that you are so irritated by people that have any type of criticism of conservative figures like Rev. Graham or President Trump, but arent troubled at all by someone like President Trump lashing out at and criticizing so many different groups. Its either OK to do it or its not.

Did I quote your post or tag you ? Who said I was talking to you? I was posting in general. I can assure you I have read all the posts.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319

Yeah, but it's kind of ridiculous to say the guy was "evil" and would be in hell for preaching Christian doctrine in remarking on his death. That goes a little beyond disagreeing with him.

Reactions: wta21080
Yeah, but it's kind of ridiculous to say the guy was "evil" and would be in hell for preaching Christian doctrine in remarking on his death. That goes a little beyond disagreeing with him.

True but no one ITT said that. That was the comment of one person who writes for a magazine. No one here agreed with her.

One final time, I was no way defending this woman saying he was evil or going hell. I just tried to give some background of why some people have a problem with Rev. Graham.

Did I quote your post or tag you ? Who said I was talking to you? I was posting in general. I can assure you I have read all the posts.

Your replied to a thread on a message board of which I am a member in a thread I am participating in, so in that respect you were talking to me. I responded with my opinion, and you with yours. Message boards arent restricted to people that agree with your opinion.

One final time, I was no way defending this woman saying he was evil or going hell. I just tried to give some background of why some people have a problem with Rev. Graham.

Which is fine, and maybe I'm confused, but I thought what people were commenting on were her comments. To people's credit, they all said that what disagreements they had didn't justify the kind of thing she was saying.

So the definition of an outlier, right?
He asked if Fox News went and FOUND an outlier. They did no such thing. They did not bring her on to ask her or reach out to her. She willingly, of her own free will, wrote those despicable comments. You probably think CNN bringing someone one speaks for all conservatives? How about CNN attacking a little old lady, at her home nonetheless, regarding attending 10-15 person rallies organized by Russians? But I digress...

As God said in his word, close the book. Basically it is finished, you will believe what has been wrtitten, you will not take away nor add to what has been written. You will either turn in faith to Jesus Christ in repentance of your sins or go to hell. With that said you can debate many things on this message board, twitter accounts, liberals, conservatives, who’s right and who’s wrong on any subject you can think of. You will never be more wrong when you debate God at his word, the truth hurts. Hurts me sometimes as a Christian, that’s why God refers to it as a double edged sword, while it cuts and hurts it also cuts the infection of sin out at the same time, which ultimately is like a miracle salve. This country really needs to try turning to Jesus again and stop self repair, self help, it still don’t fix the heart or their sin condition. Hate Trump, hate this one or that one, but I wouldn’t let that send me to hell. People are so fixed on an agenda and how people should, act, respond and so on, when we all need to constantly look in the mirror that is called the Bible. Not just read it, pray and ask God before we seek His word for us, take it serious, then you find yourself needing fixing, then you will find yourself not pointing to others, but it will be “woe is me for I am undone”. I am speaking for the flaws of all Christians, we are not perfect and you sometimes can’t tell the difference (Lot), but you’re a lot less judgmental and forgiving, even if it don’t seem like it. The truth hurts, but a true Christian will offer help for being this way or that way. His name is Jesus, not Trump, not Billy Graham, not the next president, not the next law passed. Even if all the political parties became one, all the laws were perfect, there would still be sin because God didn’t intend for mankind to keep the law, but made the law to see themselves falling short of it in need of His pardon. That’s our problem America.

Reactions: TigerWhite
He asked if Fox News went and FOUND an outlier. They did no such thing. They did not bring her on to ask her or reach out to her. She willingly, of her own free will, wrote those despicable comments. You probably think CNN bringing someone one speaks for all conservatives? How about CNN attacking a little old lady, at her home nonetheless, regarding attending 10-15 person rallies organized by Russians? But I digress...

Maybe you should read my original post again before we digress into an ellipsis filled with a murky mire of shit posting and self aggrandizing opinions that leave us both looking like giant assholes.
I'm not giving them a click.

Let me guess and if I'm wrong, I'll give it a click. My guess is Fox found some dipshit outlying opinion about Billy Graham and then proceeded to mold it into an us (conservative) vs them (the left) argument all the while encapsulating Fox's firm stance throughout the network's history of being the golden child who bravely and courageously stands up against the evil left (the side represented by this one outlier's point of view.)

Let me know if I'm wrong. And, btw, I'm not a lib or a republican.

Reactions: Grumplin
By no means am i trying to defend Duca, what she said is horrible. I was just trying to give some context why some people dont like Rev. Graham as much as others do.

There are a LOT of people in this country and on this planet that dont believe in the principles of Christianity, and there are a LOT of Christians that only believe in certain portions of Christian principles. There are probably more interpretations of the Bible than any other book in history, and some people interpret it to meet their specific interests.
Those people that dont believe the same things you believe have rights in the country too, whether you agree with them or not.
I don’t believe anyone here said that woman has no right to say what she did, just that it was despicable.

Reactions: amynhop
Why should they be careful? What’s going to happen to them?

ADVERTISEMENT