ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans and Trumpers

Shall we post video's of leftist crying about cheating from the last 22 years denying election results? Even have you guys crying that DeSantis cheated this time because Fl had strict enforcement of the laws and didnt allow any fraud. People got on national tv to complain he only won because their side wasnt allowed to cheat....lmao

The left isn't a cult of personality centered around a caricature of delusion, arrogance, and insecurity

green-check.png
Reality: In some circumstances, elections officials are permitted to “duplicate” ballots to ensure they can be properly counted.

red-x.png
Rumor: Witnessing election officials marking ballots means that fraudulent voting is taking place.

Get the Facts: Voters do not always submit ballots that can be accurately interpreted by a ballot scanner due to issues, such as damage, misprinting and/or ambiguous markings on the ballot. Election officials apply the jurisdiction’s rules for determining voter intent regarding the marks on such ballots and capture the ballots’ valid votes in election results via varying electronic and/or manual processes.
Ballot duplication is a process by which election officials carefully transfer a voter’s choices from an unscannable ballot to a duplicate ballot so it can be read by a ballot scanner. Both the original and duplicate ballot are labeled and logged so that the two ballots can be tracked and audited. Many jurisdictions require bipartisan teams of two or four personnel to complete this process and verify that votes are accurately transferred to duplicated ballots. The process is often open to public observation.
In some jurisdictions, ballot duplication is referred to as ballot remaking, ballot replication, or ballot transcription.

green-check.png
Reality: In some circumstances, elections officials are permitted to “duplicate” ballots to ensure they can be properly counted.

red-x.png
Rumor: Witnessing election officials marking ballots means that fraudulent voting is taking place.

Get the Facts: Voters do not always submit ballots that can be accurately interpreted by a ballot scanner due to issues, such as damage, misprinting and/or ambiguous markings on the ballot. Election officials apply the jurisdiction’s rules for determining voter intent regarding the marks on such ballots and capture the ballots’ valid votes in election results via varying electronic and/or manual processes.
Ballot duplication is a process by which election officials carefully transfer a voter’s choices from an unscannable ballot to a duplicate ballot so it can be read by a ballot scanner. Both the original and duplicate ballot are labeled and logged so that the two ballots can be tracked and audited. Many jurisdictions require bipartisan teams of two or four personnel to complete this process and verify that votes are accurately transferred to duplicated ballots. The process is often open to public observation.
In some jurisdictions, ballot duplication is referred to as ballot remaking, ballot replication, or ballot transcription.

Trying to reason with these fools is, well, foolhardy. Let’s hope they never change and they go to the polls and persuade their friends to vote for Trump in Republican primaries in 2024. Then, pro democracy Americans can sit back and watch the final stake be driven deep into the heart of Trumpism and maybe the nation can return to normalcy by the 2028 election.

Republicans have a very substantial advantage in national cumulative vote total. That's a very notable change. Pubs will end up with house and senate before this is over too.

So you'd support a national popular vote for the house of reps? Just apportion the seats by popular vote ala Canada and a few others.

The big difference is we got smoked and beaten in South Bend. The election we are winning and have covered the spread from two weeks ago, not the inflated one the last 10 days. We also have a good shot at winning the senate which wasnt expected two weeks ago. If we do that we won by a couple touchdowns this election...Trump went 219-16 this election cycle with endorsements so far. What did Obama and Biden go???

Yikes

For the record, Bill was the last decent democratic president so you won't hear anything negative about his policies from me, I actually liked him. His wife is a personal dislike, we crossed paths when I was in the military on multiple occasions, I know exactly who she is. Will leave it at that.

The middle of this country continues to get further and further apart, that's partially because of the media and partially from the lack of a "uniter" as POTUS since either Bill or Bush (less so). Obama wasn't a uniter and that divide has continued to be pushed further and further out. The media has also been on the decline, with more choosing of sides and biased reporting than balanced and non-partisan "tell it like it is" reporting.

Personally, I do think the country is on the wrong path and I don't see a fix for it until we have a leader that can straddle both sides of the aisle and who will risk his own base to find balance across the two. No one like that exists today, it's party line or bust. Present policies from the left are far too radical and the stance from the right is no change at all.

One thing Is for certain, if we don't shore up a budget in the next few years, we are f*cked regardless of politics. The government has a spending problem and until that is addressed, the national security threat as it relates to national debt will continue to trend upwards.

I am with you on Bill Clinton

Thought he did a fantastic job with economy and foreign policy

Bush not so good but ok

That’s when it really hit the fan with Obama the divider in chief

The policies were really bad but America is really resilant and don’t completely say he was a bad president

If had to rate probably better than Bush 2

Trump well he brings out the worst in personal telationships

I love the policies but my God I personally would NEVER invite him to a BBQ at my house or dinner

One if my personal improvements I have trying to improve on to the max is never be uncivil to people , never name call, be positive in your wants and not negative at those who got what you wanted, be kind, care about your actions because they have consequences, treat all people of all diversity with respect and don’t try to past or present or potential unfairness with reciprocating actions but make all rukes and laws to give opportunity but not equal outcomes as that must be earned

Am working in some government and volunteer positions and the pandering and damage to many minority groups by well meaning people is huge

As the saying goes teach a man to fish

Don’t start out giving him a gourmet fish meal that after a while turns into rotten fish because what you originally provided is not sustainable

Think the problem we experience in compromise is we all including me need to fight the tribalism concept and work at having a more unifying concept

That said I am conservative in my values and believe in self responsibility and personal independence and avoiding always playing the race or victim card Practice the principal

Racism is not as prevalent in my part of the country except when people usually leaders fan the fans to hate monger for their personal power and gain

That is really said that leaders fon’t lead to make the world better for us but just for themselves

Just dropped in for a moment

Busy with doing my small part of making first myself better and then trying to do at least one good thing and trying to avoid the bad

For the record, Bill was the last decent democratic president so you won't hear anything negative about his policies from me, I actually liked him. His wife is a personal dislike, we crossed paths when I was in the military on multiple occasions, I know exactly who she is. Will leave it at that.

The middle of this country continues to get further and further apart, that's partially because of the media and partially from the lack of a "uniter" as POTUS since either Bill or Bush (less so). Obama wasn't a uniter and that divide has continued to be pushed further and further out. The media has also been on the decline, with more choosing of sides and biased reporting than balanced and non-partisan "tell it like it is" reporting.

Personally, I do think the country is on the wrong path and I don't see a fix for it until we have a leader that can straddle both sides of the aisle and who will risk his own base to find balance across the two. No one like that exists today, it's party line or bust. Present policies from the left are far too radical and the stance from the right is no change at all.

One thing Is for certain, if we don't shore up a budget in the next few years, we are f*cked regardless of politics. The government has a spending problem and until that is addressed, the national security threat as it relates to national debt will continue to trend upwards.

in terms of correcting the path, i honestly don't see a path panning out though there are a couple things that just maybe do it. i've honestly lost hope there's a leader who can bring us back. i just don't see it. because the number one thing whoever it is has to do is look the american people in the eye and say enough is enough. that goes for people as well as the government, our entire society has comprehensively abandoned any semblance of accountability. i can't see this culture accepting that message now, they've been too conditioned to find an excuse for every problem in their life and go to someone else to solve it. there needs to be conversations about uncomfortable subjects where people can be honest enough to say things we might not want to hear and not organize a protest over it. we need to realize how pathetic we look constantly taking offense to someone's words even they are ignorant. there's always going to be assholes in the world, ignore them. you need to be able to look in the mirror and own who and where you are in life and if it's not where you want it to be, accept you're the only one who's going to change that. everyone needs help at times and it will be available, but you need to know you're putting yourself in positions that make people want to give it. in the same vein, the government and media have incalculable lies and indignities to atone for and they need to own them. that's the only way it can happen. it would take everyone, or a vast majority, ending their obsession with what everyone else has. instead people need to own themselves, value what you have and make an effort to pursue the life they want to have. anyone see that being a winning message? cause i certainly don't. nowadays what wins elections is finding problems people didn't know they had that the government will fix for them.

i mean we have a ton of issues, fiscally, educationally, culturally, agriculturally, physical health, mental health and on and on. you name it we've probably fukked it up. but those are all correctable aside from maybe the fiscal which is basically just a joke at this point. show me a person who can keep a straight face suggesting we can meet our obligations through organic growth and i'll show you a moron. but bottom line unless people individually accept the challenge of holding themselves accountable and institutions begin to hold themselves accountable and actually demonstrate the integrity they make a mockery of portending to espouse, well, we're up sht creek without a paddle and there's a tractor trailer falling out of the sky thats gonna land on it.

Agree 100% with Duncan. Time to move on. And people need to read into what voters have been saying the last couple of elections. They don't want crazy. The picked Biden hoping he would be stable and sane. He isn't. They were poised to pick Republicans but they showed they aren't stable and sane either. Just freaking normal center politics and then we can start working on winning with conservative ideas but that's not what you lead with. Start with sane and normal.
I'm here to tell you. Conservative principals are vastly unpopular with the youth. That's not going to change anytime soon. Your party spent the last 15 years acting like anyone with a d next to their name was the devil while denying climate change and corporate corruption. Your party sucks.

I am with you on Bill Clinton

Thought he did a fantastic job with economy and foreign policy

Bush not so good but ok

That’s when it really hit the fan with Obama the divider in chief

The policies were really bad but America is really resilant and don’t completely say he was a bad president

If had to rate probably better than Bush 2

Trump well he brings out the worst in personal telationships

I love the policies but my God I personally would NEVER invite him to a BBQ at my house or dinner

One if my personal improvements I have trying to improve on to the max is never be uncivil to people , never name call, be positive in your wants and not negative at those who got what you wanted, be kind, care about your actions because they have consequences, treat all people of all diversity with respect and don’t try to past or present or potential unfairness with reciprocating actions but make all rukes and laws to give opportunity but not equal outcomes as that must be earned

Am working in some government and volunteer positions and the pandering and damage to many minority groups by well meaning people is huge

As the saying goes teach a man to fish

Don’t start out giving him a gourmet fish meal that after a while turns into rotten fish because what you originally provided is not sustainable

Think the problem we experience in compromise is we all including me need to fight the tribalism concept and work at having a more unifying concept

That said I am conservative in my values and believe in self responsibility and personal independence and avoiding always playing the race or victim card Practice the principal

Racism is not as prevalent in my part of the country except when people usually leaders fan the fans to hate monger for their personal power and gain

That is really said that leaders fon’t lead to make the world better for us but just for themselves

Just dropped in for a moment

Busy with doing my small part of making first myself better and then trying to do at least one good thing and trying to avoid the bad

You have the best takes

I disagree with the Democrats are surging narrative.

The abortion decision RoeVWade was a legal abomination that has thankfully been aborted

Now let the states decide on their own laws

There’s a huge RED wave coming and don’t let fake news fake you out

That is my take

The future is antitrust law. Clawing back America from the corporate elite that shithead Reagan convinced the foolish behaved in our interests. If the Republicans don't understand this they are stupid or corrupt

Reactions: okclem
The future is antitrust law. Clawing back America from the corporate elite that shithead Reagan convinced the foolish behaved in our interests. If the Republicans don't understand this they are stupid or corrupt
Just cut taxes a bit more and let all the wealth trickle down. That's why Mississippi and Arkansas are economic powerhouses and California and New York languish in poverty

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
I'm here to tell you. Conservative principals are vastly unpopular with the youth. That's not going to change anytime soon. Your party spent the last 15 years acting like anyone with a d next to their name was the devil while denying climate change and corporate corruption. Your party sucks.

It isn't my party first of all. I am a conservative. Not a Republican. Secondly, that is not surprising. There has never been a time when more traditional and conservative viewpoints have been popular with the young.

As Churchill said, "Anyone under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, and anyone over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains."

It is all part of life. This isn't something new. Perhaps you need to ask why there are no real principles with pursuing the young. Do you just go with what's popular and follow the mob?

What is ironic as you say corporate corruption is something from the right. Yet all available evidence demonstrates exactly the opposite. Stop living in fantasyland. You guys just make stuff up and then pretend it's real.

It isn't my party first of all. I am a conservative. Not a Republican. Secondly, that is not surprising. There has never been a time when more traditional and conservative viewpoints have been popular with the young.

As Churchill said, "Anyone under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, and anyone over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains."

It is all part of life. This isn't something new. Perhaps you need to ask why there are no real principles with pursuing the young. Do you just go with what's popular and follow the mob?

What is ironic as you say corporate corruption is something from the right. Yet all available evidence demonstrates exactly the opposite. Stop living in fantasyland. You guys just make stuff up and then pretend it's real.

That last line is more than a little rich coming from a conservative...

That last line is more than a little rich coming from a conservative...

Don't lump me in with this other crap. Also don't label me in stereotype me. I thought you guys didn't believe in that or is it only when it suits your narrative? You know damn well I don't go into all that fantasyland stuff. So your statement is demonstrably false and you knew it when you typed it. Like so many others. That's called a lie.

He cannot win in 24. It won't happen. Not even against Biden.
One could only hope.

Thoughts on who would be the candidate to face off against someone like Desantis? I can’t see Biden or Kamala having a great shot in that scenario.

You didn't just seriously type this bolded part did you?

One could only hope.

Thoughts on who would be the candidate to face off against someone like Desantis? I can’t see Biden or Kamala having a great shot in that scenario.
Desantis will crash and burn outside his regional base. I hope like hell ge gets the nomination. He has ZERO charisma.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Don't lump me in with this other crap. Also don't label me in stereotype me. I thought you guys didn't believe in that or is it only when it suits your narrative? You know damn well I don't go into all that fantasyland stuff. So your statement is demonstrably false and you knew it when you typed it. Like so many others. That's called a lie.

Not really a lie. You have repeatedly stated that conservative government is the only way to go, despite all modern evidence to the contrary (Reagan/Bush, Bush, trumpty dumpty, Kansas, Great Britain). If you would like to provide specific examples of when conservative government has had immediate and sustained success in a republic, I would love to hear it.

Busy afternoon here, so don't get your panties in a wad if I don't respond right away.

Who deregulated corporations? Who denies climate change? Who allows companies to become to big to fail? Who implemented trickle down economics? Who votes against antitrust policies?
I'm not making anything up. I'm paying attention.

This is a bit like waking up on Sunday after the ND game. Just lots of disappointment and obvious, self-inflicted mistakes.

That said, we are left with a bright neon sign providing clarity on the way forward. That sign reads:

"Don't walk, RUN away from Donald Trump."

A historically unpopular and incompetent president combined with historic inflation and economic concerns should have resulted in a clear red wave in the midterms. History tells us so. Instead, this was a referendum on Donald Trump, Trumpism and his stain on the Republican party.

The 2020 election should have been clear. 8M more people voted for a potato in a basement over Trump. Very few were actually enthusiastic about Biden. But such a strong majority of the country hated Trump, that it drove record turnout and ultimately, a defeat for the incumbent.

After the election, Trump made mistakes that exacerbated his toxicity. Stop the steal, January 6th, screwing with the stimulus amount (saying it should be $2K when $600 was approved by both parties), torpedoing turnout in the GA runoffs, etc. So he went from being so toxic that he drove record turnout for a historically bad D candidate to completely radioactive.

Only problem, his core base didn't see it. They doubled down. They laughed at TDS. I'm looking at plenty of you here on TI. You are the problem that brought us to the disappointment of last night. I hope the veil is being lifted from your eyes. Here is the cold, hard truth for you:

Donald Trump CANNOT win a national presidential election.

He's too toxic, too divisive and too unpopular among voters in the middle. Look at swing states. Trump-backed Oz lost in PA. Trump-backed Walker had fewer votes than Warnock in GA. Trump-backed (and election denier) Kari Lake lost in AZ.

2016 is gone and is never coming back. It will not happen again. Trump cannot carry moderates, indies, young people and swing voters.

MAGAs: Do you agree? If not, how do you possibly see Trump winning a national election after last night?

It's time to move on. Maybe it's Desantis, maybe not. If it is, he needs to find a positive policy platform instead of divisive social issues. That's not a winner at the national level.

If the GOP does somehow manage to save a razor thin majority in Congress, it needs to work diligently to appear like the adults in the room (ie not hold pointless impeachment hearings). They also need to take some major issues off the table that are losers for them.
  • Get abortion off the ballot. Work across the aisle to pass legislation that protects a woman's right to choose in the cases of rape, incest and health, plus more voluntary access within a specified range to be determined by the state (say, 12-20 weeks). This is a winner nationally. It would get 65%+ approval in a popular vote.
  • Protect gay marriage. Just get this off the deck.
  • More common sense legislation that the majority of Americans agree upon.

Then develop some ideas to help healthcare. Revise the climate policy from "climate changes does not exist" to an alternative, more logical path forward that helps the planet without hurting the economy and families' pocketbooks.

America First put the Republicans last in the midterms. It's time to grow up and be the adults in the room. I still believe that a fiscally conservative, socially moderate, logic-based platform is a winner nationally. Most people do NOT want liberalism and big government spending. But more than that, they don't want divisiveness, conspiracies and a narcissistic asshole anywhere near their ballot. That is abundantly clear.

Well, it looks like they protected gay and interracial marriage with the Respect for Marriage Act. 12 republicans voted for it, while 36 (or 75%) voted against it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT