ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans are Destroying Themselves

okclem

Woodrush
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2007
Greenville, SC
Democrats should just sit back and watch them set themselves on fire at this point. Every time they do or say anything it just makes them look worse to the country at large.

We just need to not even rock the boat anymore. They'll voluntarily jump out of we give them enough time and space.

Thanks for the country, dumbasses. Your abortion stance is doing all our work for us.

Reactions: dpic73
In Colorado, republicans elected an extremist as state chair. This guy actually filed a law suit against the sos in Colorado to appear on a congressional ballot (he challenged Doug lamborn and was crushed in the primary) as Dave "let's go Brandon" Williams.

So, given the extremists taking over the Colorado gop, the moderates are looking for a landing spot. Could easily lead to the creation of a viable third party here in Colorado.

Democrats should just sit back and watch them set themselves on fire at this point. Every time they do or say anything it just makes them look worse to the country at large.

We just need to not even rock the boat anymore. They'll voluntarily jump out of we give them enough time and space.

Thanks for the country, dumbasses. Your abortion stance is doing all our work for us.
I was just thinking about this, this morning. It's like they're only trying to appeal to older white evangelicals, while ignoring the under 40 generation. A generation that grew up with active shooter drills is not going to the polls to vote in the gun lobby. The younger generation also cares about freedom of choice and inclusion but somehow the pubs think they'll win over a majority with the harshest abortion laws we've ever seen, hundreds of anti-LGBT bills and book bans. I assure you an anti-woke agenda and Trump's campaign for Retribution won't resonate, so ignore them at your own peril. They came out in force for the mid-terms and the recent Supreme Court election in Wisc. and there will be even more of them in 2024. I'm happy to let the Pubs fall on their own swords if they keep on insisting on this shit-tastic agenda, but it's mind boggling they haven't figured out better messaging.

From the normally conservative side, the best thing that could happen would be an actual indictment or conviction of Trump that would make him ineligible to run for President again (if it works that way).

Get him off the table and get a more sane candidate in there.

From the normally conservative side, the best thing that could happen would be an actual indictment or conviction of Trump that would make him ineligible to run for President again (if it works that way).

I agree but I still wonder how the Republican agenda will appeal to the under 40 crowd? I can't imagine they'd be happy about DeSantis either because he threatens everything they care about. If you really care about winning, I think your best option would be Chris Sununu but it would likely be a slam dunk if Mike Gallagher ran(he's your superstar IMO). But seriously, what would be appealing to young people about the current Republican agenda?

Reactions: nytigerfan

I think they've ruined the party for decades, if not permanently. No matter what ultimately happens with Trump, it will all be associated with the Republican party for generations.

That's the real irony. It's having the exact opposite impact that they think it's having.

This is like when Vader struck down Obi Wan...it only made him more powerful than Vader could have ever imagined. The only difference is Vader still had some humanity left in him.

I agree but I still wonder how the Republican agenda will appeal to the under 40 crowd? I can't imagine they'd be happy about DeSantis either because he threatens everything they care about. If you really care about winning, I think your best option would be Chris Sununu but it would likely be a slam dunk if Mike Gallagher ran(he's your superstar IMO). But seriously, what would be appealing to young people about the current Republican agenda?
The “under 40” crowd isn’t rallying around those issues like you think they are

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The “under 40” crowd isn’t rallying around those issues like you think they are
The ones outside of your holler are.

The ones outside of your holler are.

NPR? **** may as well just link a TGP article

Reactions: glayton9

Yes ,because we have to "get Trump" nomatter If he is innocent or not just "get Trump". You applying for a msdnc job?

Sure did. Lots of ludicrous bullshit in every single one

Still can’t get over citing NPR as a reliable source😂
You've said the exact same thing about many of the sources I've used because the truth destroys your dark, seditious beliefs, so you're programmed to discredit them. But I'll play along - show me how they lied in the article.

Reactions: nytigerfan
You've said the exact same thing about many of the sources I've used because the truth destroys your dark, seditious beliefs, so you're programmed to discredit them. But I'll play along - show me how they lied in the article.
Uh huh

I never said they lied. I’m sure their polls tell them exactly what they want them to

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73

The Republicans had their chance to get rid of him in 2021, but the Senate didn’t have enough of them with balls to cut him loose.

McConnell (and others) was terrified of a voting bloc that we’ve learned over the last 2 years is much smaller (but very vocal) than believed at the time.

Trump is the cross the party must bear for at least another election cycle. But the damage he’s done to millions of his loyal followers will haunt the Republican Party for years after he’s a footnote.

Under 40 is a pretty broad group. I’m in there actually, for another several months.

But I agree that the Republican agenda kinda sucks. I feel like I’m drifting further from the GOP but no closer to the dems. I disagree with the far right on abortion, Ukraine, etc and think there’s room for moderation on guns and climate. Overfocus on the woke stuff. Gone are the days of fiscal conservatism, balanced budget pursuits, superior morality, etc.

I hope @iceheart08 is right about a viable 3rd party. It would be good for the US.

If that were to happen, the Republicans would crush the Dems in 2024. I can't see it happening though. Even the moderate republican's are too scared of Trump and his base to actually do anything.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Under 40 is a pretty broad group. I’m in there actually, for another several months.

But I agree that the Republican agenda kinda sucks. I feel like I’m drifting further from the GOP but no closer to the dems. I disagree with the far right on abortion, Ukraine, etc and think there’s room for moderation on guns and climate. Overfocus on the woke stuff. Gone are the days of fiscal conservatism, balanced budget pursuits, superior morality, etc.

I hope @iceheart08 is right about a viable 3rd party. It would be good for the US.

Hopefully the 2024 primary will prove how many voters fall into this category, but I have my doubts.

Unfortunately, primaries are usually about the fringes, not the majority. Advantage: Trump and Desantis. I still think the culture wars (that Republicans have been losing for decades) will determine the candidate, which will probably mean another defeat in November 2024.

I agree with you. Stupidity and self-destruction.

You'll be dying your hair pink and reading Vonnegut in no time

Hopefully the 2024 primary will prove how many voters fall into this category, but I have my doubts.

Unfortunately, primaries are usually about the fringes, not the majority. Advantage: Trump and Desantis. I still think the culture wars (that Republicans have been losing for decades) will determine the candidate, which will probably mean another defeat in November 2024.

Yea that’s the problem. Primaries give the MAGAs an outsized voice. I hope the results restore my faith in republican voters, but I’m dubious.

A very rudimentary summary of Biden’s 2020 campaign, which was brilliant. Let Trump kill himself.

If that were to happen, the Republicans would crush the Dems in 2024. I can't see it happening though. Even the moderate republican's are too scared of Trump and his base to actually do anything.
I am afraid you're right.

IMO the Republican party needs to get rid of Trump, MTG, and a few other nutjobs. The only problem is that there are still enough Trump supporters that any Republican who moves to get rid of him will probably have it end badly for them as well.

The thing that does amaze me is the number of conservatives who actually think Trump can beat Biden.

I tell you what else is interesting though - how many people pick a party first and then their positions on policy based off of that. I know quite a few people who have formed their opinion on guns, abortion, etc based solely on what their party of choice tells them. It's not supposed to work that way.

My best interests usually line up with the Repub side so that is typically where I vote. But not always (I absolutely did not like the Repub candidate for SC Superintendent of Education).

In Colorado, republicans elected an extremist as state chair. This guy actually filed a law suit against the sos in Colorado to appear on a congressional ballot (he challenged Doug lamborn and was crushed in the primary) as Dave "let's go Brandon" Williams.

So, given the extremists taking over the Colorado gop, the moderates are looking for a landing spot. Could easily lead to the creation of a viable third party here in Colorado.
Third party will never work without ranked choice voting. Which I'm not really opposed to in theory.

I'm kind of the same way. If we could determine when a fetus is 'alive' I think the entire abortion debate becomes a simple math equation. Right now we are erring on the side of caution (which I understand).

I would LOVE to see some version of basic healthcare available to everyone. I have a friend who's son needs a heart transplant which kinda made me rethink that (even though I think they are okay insurance-wise).

I think the uber-woke stuff is overblown but I also understand the idea of a precedent - once you break the wax seal (ie let a 6'10" dude in a dress play women's basketball) it gets REALLY hard to go the other way.

I'm pissed that USAPL is allowing dude-in-a-dress in women's powerlifting, but that might not go how they think. Come to the gym I go to and I will show you a girl who can probably out bench press 95% of TI. And she isn't a 200 lb Russian Beef Herder by any means.

I am afraid you're right.

IMO the Republican party needs to get rid of Trump, MTG, and a few other nutjobs. The only problem is that there are still enough Trump supporters that any Republican who moves to get rid of him will probably have it end badly for them as well.

The thing that does amaze me is the number of conservatives who actually think Trump can beat Biden.

I tell you what else is interesting though - how many people pick a party first and then their positions on policy based off of that. I know quite a few people who have formed their opinion on guns, abortion, etc based solely on what their party of choice tells them. It's not supposed to work that way.

My best interests usually line up with the Repub side so that is typically where I vote. But not always (I absolutely did not like the Repub candidate for SC Superintendent of Education).
Who are you going to vote for that isn’t a shit choice? The Trump crowd you obviously get what you get, but if you vote for the supposed “sane” choices, you’re just voting back in the people that got us to Trump… Do-nothing RINO’s who stand-by and just advance the leftist nutjob agenda through inaction, corruption, or both

We gonna keep voting for Mitt fvcking Romney and OG fluff bottom lady Lindsey? Yeah that’ll fix our problems

I'm kind of the same way. If we could determine when a fetus is 'alive' I think the entire abortion debate becomes a simple math equation. Right now we are erring on the side of caution (which I understand).

I would LOVE to see some version of basic healthcare available to everyone. I have a friend who's son needs a heart transplant which kinda made me rethink that (even though I think they are okay insurance-wise).

I think the uber-woke stuff is overblown but I also understand the idea of a precedent - once you break the wax seal (ie let a 6'10" dude in a dress play women's basketball) it gets REALLY hard to go the other way.

I'm pissed that USAPL is allowing dude-in-a-dress in women's powerlifting, but that might not go how they think. Come to the gym I go to and I will show you a girl who can probably out bench press 95% of TI. And she isn't a 200 lb Russian Beef Herder by any means.

No ... it will.

Take your girl from the gym, and pit her against any man that is in her equivalent weight class, trains the same amount, prepares equally, and that man will out lift her 10 times out of 10.

True statement: A extraordinary female athlete can beat some men, an extraordinary male athlete can beat all women.

Its just true. Biology matters.

I also hope I'm right about Colorado, but there's a better than 50% chance I'm wrong. Just too much gravity.

I agree with you. Stupidity and self-destruction.
All true, but It's more than just that unfortunately. They're pushing authoritarianism. Keep a very close watch on these states with Republican supermajorities. You're already starting to see them dip their toes in the water of real fascism. Expelling political opponents for no reason, banning books, etc.

They're seeing how far they can go, and it ain't just to "own the libs."

All true, but It's more than just that unfortunately. They're pushing authoritarianism. Keep a very close watch on these states with Republican supermajorities. You're already starting to see them dip their toes in the water of real fascism. Expelling political opponents for no reason, banning books, etc.

They're seeing how far they can go, and it ain't just to "own the libs."

Let's try this. I keep seeing this and here's where I am lost.

Who wants to regulate everything they deem bad?

Who wants to control the media and decide what is disinformation and misinformation?

Who wanted to lock everyone down and force people to get the vaccine during COVID?

Who wants pseudo nationalization of the banking industry?

Who wants a single pair health care system controlled by the government?

Who is in favor of gun control?

Who wants to have the power to take massive amounts of money from the wealthy and redistribute them to others?

Have you recognized that the government is lying more and more everyday? They're putting forth demonstrative falsehoods and claiming they are true with the support of the media behind them. None of this is good and it certainly is an improvement from a president who lied almost every time he opened his mouth.

I could go on and on with this. So even if we say that there are authoritarian tendencies on the right which I do think there are what are you going to do about the left which is extremely authoritarian?

Could it be the perhaps authoritarianism is on the march everywhere on the political scene in this country? In order to turn the tide on what we see going on is going to take freedom-loving conservatives and classical liberals to get out of this quagmire we find ourselves in and start demanding something better. It just feels like on the left so many people are busy being appalled with Trump that they have not recognized what has grown up behind them. It's everybody's dangerous if not more dangerous than anything Trump could conjure up. And I happen to think Trump is very dangerous so that should tell you something...

I'm just saying I think we all need to wake up and stop this partisan bickering and start looking at reality for what it is. We are on a very bad path right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT