ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Kraft - is there a bigger POS on the planet?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Her story seems off to me, but I could be wrong. It sounds like her wedding cost more than she anticipated and is now looking for a payday.

So an owner linked to sex trafficking and charged with soliciting prostitution has signed and now playing a player charged with sexual assault of a female..... color me shocked.
There are literally millions of people on the planet who are worse than Robert Kraft. Dictators, warlords, serial killers, child molestors...

And this guy.
UURuOqef_400x400.jpg

It LITERALLY says the exact opposite in that article...

“Mr. Kraft — who faces two misdemeanor counts — and the other 24 men have been charged only with soliciting prostitution; they have not been charged with any crimes in connection to sex trafficking.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised this is coming from the same guy who began the Avenue of Champions nonsense.

I think he said Kraft was associated with trafficking. Also, @WilliamsonRoadMafia , how do you get charged with a misdemeanor if nothing illegal was going on?

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
I think he said Kraft was associated with trafficking. Also, @WilliamsonRoadMafia , how do you get charged with a misdemeanor if nothing illegal was going on?
I don't accept the premise of the question, because I put far more stock in the fact the case fell apart under the scrutiny of the law and basic procedure rules (i.e. once Kraft received due process) than the fact some unscrupulous scalp-hunting DA "charged" him with something. It's like you (and the OP) are asking us to focus on the fact that there were these allegations and charges at some point but to ignore the more recent fact that they completely fell apart and the case is dead.

So, that's the legal reality. The practical reality is that Robert Kraft apparently got a handjob from one woman (not someone who was "trafficked"), who was over 50 years old, the owner of the establishment, and someone with whom Kraft apparently had a longstanding friendship. Supposing he paid for a "massage" or for the handjob directly, I couldn't care less and my opinion is that what Kraft did in no way warrants the prurient snooping (via hidden camera) on him and countless other visitors to this spa (the majority of which were just regular citizens receiving massages). What he did in no way warrants dragging his name through the mud for maximum embarrassment. To suggest otherwise is puritanical.

I don't accept the premise of the question, because I put far more stock in the fact the case fell apart under the scrutiny of the law and basic procedure rules (i.e. once Kraft received due process) than the fact some unscrupulous scalp-hunting DA "charged" him with something. It's like you (and the OP) are asking us to focus on the fact that there were these allegations and charges at some point but to ignore the more recent fact that they completely fell apart and the case is dead.

So, that's the legal reality. The practical reality is that Robert Kraft apparently got a handjob from one woman (not someone who was "trafficked"), who was over 50 years old, the owner of the establishment, and someone with whom Kraft apparently had a longstanding friendship. Supposing he paid for a "massage" or for the handjob directly, I couldn't care less and my opinion is that what Kraft did in no way warrants the prurient snooping (via hidden camera) on him and countless other visitors to this spa (the majority of which were just regular citizens receiving massages). What he did in no way warrants dragging his name through the mud for maximum embarrassment. To suggest otherwise is puritanical.

If your point is that you don't care that somebody paid for a "rub and tug," that's fine, but let's just be clear about that. I don't think Kraft is anywhere close to the worst person in the world, but I do think prostitution should be illegal and that's it's scummy to pay women for sex acts.

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
If your point is that you don't care that somebody paid for a "rub and tug," that's fine, but let's just be clear about that. I don't think Kraft is anywhere close to the worst person in the world, but I do think prostitution should be illegal and that's it's scummy to pay women for sex acts.

The oldest profession in the world, and the only one that puts women at or above men in equality as it relates to a simple business transaction. While I agree it’s “scummy”, I’m not sure why the government needs to declare the legality of it, as opposed to just regulating it.

Shit, alcohol is worse for society. By far. And it likely is what drives many men to find whores when they can. Yet it’s (alcohol) not only legal, but allowed to be advertised on tv, radio, and billboards for the common consumption of our society (here’s looking at you kids... the current and future consumers.).

But yeah, a woman wanting to utilize her body on a personal level for money is the real evil... gmab.

The oldest profession in the world, and the only one that puts women at or above men in equality as it relates to a simple business transaction. While I agree it’s “scummy”, I’m not sure why the government needs to declare the legality of it, as opposed to just regulating it.

Shit, alcohol is worse for society. By far. And it likely is what drives many men to find whores when they can. Yet it’s (alcohol) not only legal, but allowed to be advertised on tv, radio, and billboards for the common consumption of our society (here’s looking at you kids... the current and future consumers.).

But yeah, a woman wanting to utilize her body on a personal level for money is the real evil... gmab.

The issue is that it’s a man utilizing a woman’s body for money, not just a private behavior. It teaches anti-social values to men by making women’s bodies into a commodity, and it hurts women not only by allowing their sexual exploitation, but also by incentivizing behavior that’s just generally risky (emotionally and physically).

We tend to think that anything that’s “consensual” is fine, but we do sometimes draw the line when talking about people consenting to exploitation of their bodies. Other examples are selling organs and slavery. More controversially, there’s illegal drugs. One reason for that is that people would rarely consent to these things except in desperate or less than ideal circumstances. Another is that people frequently act irrationally when they’re given powerful incentives to do certain things. That’s why I don’t think consent can be the only guide, and I have no problem with strong social strictures on treating the body as just another object.

And even if you don’t think prostitution should be illegal, you can still think it’s wrong.

The issue is that it’s a man utilizing a woman’s body for money, not just a private behavior. It teaches anti-social values to men by making women’s bodies into a commodity, and it hurts women not only by allowing their sexual exploitation, but also by incentivizing behavior that’s just generally risky (emotionally and physically).

We tend to think that anything that’s “consensual” is fine, but we do sometimes draw the line when talking about people consenting to exploitation of their bodies. Other examples are selling organs and slavery. More controversially, there’s illegal drugs. One reason for that is that people would rarely consent to these things except in desperate or less than ideal circumstances. Another is that people frequently act irrationally when they’re given powerful incentives to do certain things. That’s why I don’t think consent can be the only guide, and I have no problem with strong social strictures on treating the body as just another object.

And even if you don’t think prostitution should be illegal, you can still think it’s wrong.

You mention illegal drugs and fail to address the very legal one I mentioned.

If the government can allow a drug to be legal en masse and regulated, why is the behavior of two consenting adults outlawed? Keep in mind, the behavior of these consenting adults is not altered by entering into a business transaction, but most assuredly could be by alcohol (which oftentimes precedes these illicit rendezvous).

Btw, I’m not making any moral judgement on any of this, just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

You mention illegal drugs and fail to address the very legal one I mentioned.

If the government can allow a drug to be legal en masse and regulated, why is the behavior of two consenting adults outlawed? Keep in mind, the behavior of these consenting adults is not altered by entering into a business transaction, but most assuredly could be by alcohol (which oftentimes precedes these illicit rendezvous).

Btw, I’m not making any moral judgement on any of this, just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

I don't think it's necessarily hypocritical to allow certain vices while prohibiting others. It comes down to the political process, which depends on popular judgement. And, of course, prostitution is a kind of behavior, so whether or not people "consent" to it, legalizing (and I argued above that engaging in it alters people, too) it would probably alter general behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT