ADVERTISEMENT

So much respect for Eminem for calling out the President...

last night during his straight-fire cypher at the BET awards. The "line in the sand" has finally got me where I need to be. #I'mwithEm

The rap-goat has still got it after all these years.
He might seem stupid but he isn’t, his sales will triple now and again it’s all about the money

I'll never understand peoples obsessions with Celebrities and how they feel.

This.....
Of course with most it matters when someone happens to agree with them. Most people will ride it til death. I'm with you tho. The opinion of a celebrity will never resonate with me because of his/her celebrity. If they don't have some sort of training, expertise, education, or standing relative to the issue, I don't give a damn what they have to say. Just goes down as an opinion equal to anyone here on this board.

What's wrong with a celebrity calling out another celebrity. Trump is just a reality tv star. It's hard to consider him a great business man when his dad gave him millions of dollars and yet he still managed to file for bankruptcy 6 times.
I'll take it a step further, it's factually incorrect to call him a great business man. The only business skill he has is screwing his investors in bankruptcy proceedings.

The only success he's had in life is a reality TV show where he was paid to act like a jackass.

I thought it was funny that he was " dismissing" his fans that liked Trump too...at this point in his dead career, can he afford to dismiss any fans? Lol
I wonder if he has had to file for bankruptcy 6 times. I'm sure just like Trump he probably has approval ratings in the 30s.

Always about race with you.

Not my problem you're not intelligent enough to see beyond that. I say plenty that have zero to do with race. Plenty of useless race based threads I don't even enter. But when I do enter that's all you see. Your problem not mine. Plus I have a perspective that I offer. You ever see me start a singe thread based on race? You're insecure and afraid of something. Focus on that.

That ok I'm a little disappointed in the 46.1% of the the people who voted for Trump in the election. Trump has never directed hateful words or criticism to anyone. Lol

I never said he didn't. I never said I like what our President says or does all the time. What I said was I have enough respect for the office not to make a mockery of it no matter who holds it or what they do. I cannot control who is the president, nor the actions of that person, but I do control my actions and character.

Trump is a clown
giphy.gif

Reactions: C-TeamHOF
This.....
Of course with most it matters when someone happens to agree with them. Most people will ride it til death. I'm with you tho. The opinion of a celebrity will never resonate with me because of his/her celebrity. If they don't have some sort of training, expertise, education, or standing relative to the issue, I don't give a damn what they have to say. Just goes down as an opinion equal to anyone here on this board.
Exactly right.

Reactions: dbowers2008
I thought it was funny that he was " dismissing" his fans that liked Trump too...at this point in his dead career, can he afford to dismiss any fans? Lol

This. He has plenty of fans that like Trump. While some found it to be entertaining he will feel this at the register. A ton of folks on both sides of this so called debate supported him. He knows his career is over and he's making a last ditch effort at relevance. Going back to the population where he started. Agree with what he said or not that's telling.

Reactions: jimbob1019
This. He has plenty of fans that like Trump. While some found it to be entertaining he will feel this at the register. A ton of folks on both sides of this so called debate supported him. He knows his career is over and he's making a last ditch effort at relevance. Going back to the population where he started. Agree with what he said or not that's telling.
no he wont. Eminem is so financially diverse now that only a small segment of his revenue stream comes from his own music. His net worth is approximately 200 Million and he hasnt been a moron with his money.

Reactions: my95GTHO
It's not about Black or White, IMO.

My point is, he's talking to people who think what he says is cool... People that he influences.

I mean, you know as well as i do. Eminem isn't influencing anyone with a Brain.Neither is Kid Rock. They appeal to the people that allow them to be appealed to.

The same people that think celebrities are cool. and what they say is cool.

I hear you. Just saying him doing it on BET and obviously speaking directly to black folks, knowing who buys his music comment made me think this may actually backfire money wise because he got a ton of support from white folks too.

no he wont. Eminem is so financially diverse now that only a small segment of his revenue stream comes from his own music. His net worth is approximately 200 Million and he hasnt been a moron with his money.

Good points. I was thinking moving forward, NEW album sales etc. Alienating a purchasing group. But you're right. He's made and is making more than enough.

Good points. I was thinking moving forward, NEW album sales etc. Alienating a purchasing group. But you're right. He's made and is making more than enough.
I really dont see him "really" putting himself out there for a New album. He has taken a page from the Dr. Dre book and is mainly a producer now. If someone really wants to go to the trouble of finding out who is produced by Eminem and then boycotting them
giphy.gif

And lol at him being the GOAT
giphy.gif

I don't watch the BET awards. And many black folks I know don't anymore. Stopped long ago. It's probably about 20% positive and the other 80% a celebration of what's wrong with the culture.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
man people who hate Trump are extremely empowered to call him out. From hasbeen rappers to the people on this board. I know tons of people hated Obama but I don't remember this much vitriol toward him in 8 years. Gotta say I am a little disappointed in some Clemson fans.
would you not agree that Trump goes out of his way to bring it on himself? i mean he's half president/half troll

man people who hate Trump are extremely empowered to call him out. From hasbeen rappers to the people on this board. I know tons of people hated Obama but I don't remember this much vitriol toward him in 8 years. Gotta say I am a little disappointed in some Clemson fans.

You should probably just google Obama lynching effigies. Might change your mind on that whole virtriol thing.

What's wrong with a celebrity calling out another celebrity. Trump is just a reality tv star. It's hard to consider him a great business man when his dad gave him millions of dollars and yet he still managed to file for bankruptcy 6 times.

Just out of curiosity, do you consider GM a great company or a failure? You know they filled bankruptcy and stole all their bondholders $$.

would you not agree that Trump goes out of his way to bring it on himself? i mean he's half president/half troll

From some people sure. But not from average citizens who spew bs like “trump is a clown”. Like it or not he is POTUS and the office should be respected whether the man is or not. Anyone can disagree with policy, rhetoric, or tweets lol but imo how people say what they say about the man who occupies the office says a lot about their character.

Just my .02

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT