ADVERTISEMENT

So we took down the flag and all......

Good question. The ACC had awarded the tournament to Myrtle Beach several years ago before reversing course in light of the flag controversy. I thought MB had a great chance to become the permanent host.

Reactions: my95GTHO
Good question. The ACC had awarded the tournament to Myrtle Beach several years ago before reversing course in light of the flag controversy. I thought MB had a great chance to become the permanent host.
Yeah I remember and I was pumped. I don’t get to make it up to many baseball games at Clemson but MB is a 30 minute drive for me.

Reactions: tiger orange
Idk op. There is probably some group of one-eyed, purple skinned, yellow haired, non-gender specific group of minorities being suppressed by the state of South Carolina. And the morally superior Atlantic Coast Conference is not going to stand for such bigotry and exploitation.

Because that does not benefit unc so it won’t be done! Greenville was an unfair advantage for clemson but Greensboro or Durham are not for unc. Swofford will always give them the advantages until he is dead
giphy.webp

To be honest, the conference should make Charlotte it's home and headquarters all the way around. It's still in the heart of the conference's footprint, has great facilities in the city center for all three major sports, and a good airport.

This topic is infuriating. Swofford has awarded football, basketball, baseball, golf, tennis championships + others to his home state of NC and can't find a way to award SC one championship. His arrogance and disdain for our state should be pointed out constantly in public forums. If Clemson had left the ACC a few years ago , he would either be jobless or commissioner of an irrelevant conference. I can't stand Sofford and his baby blue cheaters.

Because that does not benefit unc so it won’t be done! Greenville was an unfair advantage for clemson but Greensboro or Durham are not for unc. Swofford will always give them the advantages until he is dead
This

Why not back to Greenville...attendance was really good
That and it's really beyond stupid the ACC tourney doesn't stop in GVL every few years. The ACC would have the best attendance of all places in GVL but no, Swofford being to petty since it's to close to Clemson.

That and it's really beyond stupid the ACC tourney doesn't stop in GVL every few years. The ACC would have the best attendance of all places in GVL but no, Swofford being to petty since it's to close to Clemson.
That's it. Swofford hates Clemson.

L.o.l.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
I hope the ACC has the good sense to never hold a tournament in such a trash hole.

Pelicans stadium in MB is perfect for the ACC Tourney. Plenty of lodging, big stadium, 1 minute from the beach, etc. Sure, party of Myrtle Beach are terrible, but every city has that. MB would be perfect.

Plus I'd only be 30 minutes away LOL!

Reactions: aembry05 and Dackel
Why can’t we have the ACC baseball tournament in Myrtle Beach?

Because ACC.

Memorial Day weekend is the weekend of the ACC baseball tournament. Memorial Day weekend is black bike week in Myrtle. It’s actually racist to not have the ACC baseball tournament in Myrtle

Don't know about racist but it would be crowded as hell. I hear both Bike Weeks in MB are an absolute mess.

Football, Basketball, and Baseball championships should all be held in CLT.

That's it. Swofford hates Clemson.

It all goes back to 10 to 8 in chapel hill on a cold windy day in Nov 1981. He will never get over it as his dream of a sissy blue natl football title ended that day compliments from the Tigers. I hope he goes insane from voices in his head screaming 10 to 8, 10 to 8, 10 to 8!!!

L.o.l.

If I recall, Durham will have the tournament for the foreseeable future. Don't even know if the ACC will consider rotating the tournament among a number of possibilities. It slipped into Louisville for one year only because of the NCAA/ACC boycott of all things North Carolina till the bathroom bill was overturned.

As a Washingtonian, I'm not disappointed with the Durham selection as it is closer for me than any other likely destination. And it is a terrific facility, too. I do think that with UNC, Wake, NC State and Duke closeby that there is a much better chance for big crowds in Durham than any other location. And, be honest, just how important is winning the ACC baseball championship, anyway? Really, all of these college conference tournaments are designed for the pro scouts - to give them a number of games at one site to evaluate players one last time before the MLB draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT