ADVERTISEMENT

Some Father’s Day facts…

Happy Father’s Day to everyone who is a dedicated father.

Happy Father’s Day! Enjoyed the day with my two boys, my wife that I have been with for 20 years (since meeting at Clemson) and taking multiple families to Morris Island by boat. What a day! Hopefully we continue to improve fatherhood involvement across the country.

Reactions: BlueRidgedf
Happy Father’s Day! Enjoyed the day with my two boys, my wife that I have been with for 20 years (since meeting at Clemson) and taking multiple families to Morris Island by boat. What a day! Hopefully we continue to improve fatherhood involvement across the country.

Agreed. Let’s hope white dads step up to the plate and can catch up with Black fathers. Hopefully they can change the culture of white fatherhood.

- As I’ve done in recent years, I also like to post statistics about Black fatherhood that counter stereotypical narratives. — The most recent stats show 40 percent of births in this country are non marital. Numerous studies have shown that Black men are more likely to remain involved with their children. — 58 percent of Black fathers live with one or more of their children.— Black fathers are more likely to eat a meal with their children, play with them and take them to their activities.

Agreed. Let’s hope white dads step up to the plate and can catch up with Black fathers. Hopefully they can change the culture of white fatherhood.

- As I’ve done in recent years, I also like to post statistics about Black fatherhood that counter stereotypical narratives. — The most recent stats show 40 percent of births in this country are non marital. Numerous studies have shown that Black men are more likely to remain involved with their children. — 58 percent of Black fathers live with one or more of their children.— Black fathers are more likely to eat a meal with their children, play with them and take them to their activities.
I am all for Fathers doing the right thing and living with their kids and mother all together regardless of ethnicity. You are trying too hard here. You have a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I am all for Fathers doing the right thing and living with their kids and mother all together regardless of ethnicity. You are trying too hard here. You have a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I'm assuming he has some updated stats since the official 2020 census if he is suggesting white fathers need to catch up to black fathers, but this is a weird and sensitive topic for him so I let it fly initially.

number-of-children-living-only-with-their-mothers-has-doubled-in-past-50-years-figure-3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT