ADVERTISEMENT

Talking about jumping the shark with wokeness..lol

Yeah it's pretty well known that hand sign is only used by racist white supremacists.

EmbellishedImmenseAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

Sane Democrats are leaving that shit stain of a party, in droves. The mid terms will be a worse booof bath than Obama’s first mid term

Reactions: clemmer
doesn’t that just mean OK.? I’m truly mystified
It did until a bunch of internet trolls made it mean something else. It eventually got mentioned by major news outlets, giving a stupid joke power, and then some right-wing groups started using it (ironically or not I don’t know or care) and now the 👌 is seen by some as the equivalent of a noose or burning cross.

95% of the public is unaware of this junk and no one had ever connected Nebraska’s mascot with white supremacy. But here we are

Sane Democrats are leaving that shit stain of a party, in droves. The mid terms will be a worse booof bath than Obama’s first mid term
Republicans haven't helped themselves either though. Most "Republicans" I know, like me, have said screw the party. The problem is there is nowhere to go.

The whole of Washington is as worthless to a fiscally and morally conservative voter as tits on a boar hog. I swear I just vote for the prettiest turd in the punch bowl.

This guy must be big mad about the Rittenhouse verdict. So much so that he brings it up in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with Rittenhouse
Wrong. But you obviously didn't read the article that was linked by the OP at the beginning of the thread. It mentioned how Rittenhouse, after he was acquitted, posed in a picture with the Proud Boys while using that symbol which has unfortunately evolved into a thing for the white supremacy idiots. He didn’t know they were proud boys and he did know about the symbol and its newer meaning. Right ...

Im just not sure how a school mascot deciding to not show a symbol that according to the article “Actual white supremacists soon adopted the gesture” Is woke cancel culture? I just don’t see why this is even news worthy other than to rustle some joes.

Reactions: clemsontiger02
Not sure why the outrage. It's clear Herbie Husker has been and is a white supremacist. Got to stop this mascot racism at all costs

• Haha
Reactions: jmplexi
Sometimes once-innocent symbols are co-opted by terrible people, and then become associated with them forever.

Take the swastika, which was around for 5,000 years and generally meant "well-being". Once the Nazis adopted it, as well as their white supremacist philosophical descendants, it took on a different meaning. One that no rational person can ignore.

Same thing here. Trying to ignore that the "ok" symbol is associated with hate is just being willfully ignorant. It's like the stupid "heritage, not hate" mantra from SC around the discussions about the Confederate flag atop the state house. It's possible to still be proud of what a symbol once represented, but you cannot ignore that a significant amount of others currently see it as hateful.

Reactions: leetp
It’s amazing the way the OK hand signal was made into a white power symbol completely through viral trolling. There wasn’t even a rash of actually white supremacist signaling or a white supremacist scare. But now you can get banned from a sports venue for doing it in a picture.
This first part of the bolded isn't entirely true. The second part is entirely false, and very consistent with your naive denial of all the racist assholes who crawled out of their holes during Trump's failed presidency. The proud boys and other Trump fanboy Nazi groups have appropriated that symbol in recent years.

On an unrelated note, I still say the proud Boys would be much better off just coming out of the closet and dealing with their obvious, latent homosexuality.

Sometimes once-innocent symbols are co-opted by terrible people, and then become associated with them forever.

Take the swastika, which was around for 5,000 years and generally meant "well-being". Once the Nazis adopted it, as well as their white supremacist philosophical descendants, it took on a different meaning. One that no rational person can ignore.

Same thing here. Trying to ignore that the "ok" symbol is associated with hate is just being willfully ignorant. It's like the stupid "heritage, not hate" mantra from SC around the discussions about the Confederate flag atop the state house. It's possible to still be proud of what a symbol once represented, but you cannot ignore that a significant amount of others currently see it as hateful.

This first part of the bolded isn't entirely true. The second part is entirely false, and very consistent with your naive denial of all the racist assholes who crawled out of their holes during Trump's failed presidency. The proud boys and other Trump fanboy Nazi groups have appropriated that symbol in recent years.

On an unrelated note, I still say the proud Boys would be much better off just coming out of the closet and dealing with their obvious, latent homosexuality.

These two back to back post (as I do find that coincidentally odd) speaks for just how one uniformed small group can bleed total nonsense into an entire society who absolutely could give a shit about the people this small group is afraid of!

Reactions: AugTig
These two back to back post (as I do find that coincidentally odd) speaks for just how one uniformed small group can bleed total nonsense into an entire society who absolutely could give a shit about the people this small group is afraid of!
I feel exactly the same way.

"Now, instead of raising his middle, ring, and pinky fingers while making an O with his thumb and forefinger, the cartoon farmer will simply raise his index finger in an uncontroversial "We're No. 1" gesture."

Isn't this "The Shocker?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT