Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Some truth here.

By Guest Contributor Oct. 24, 2023 9:30 am
American-Flag-600x474_16x9-600x337.png

This article originally appeared on WND.com
Guest by post by Bob Unruh

The things that divide us will now overcome what unites us’

It’s that the trust in the Constitution is gone, and now an “increasing number of citizens … view violence as warranted to silence those with opposing views.”
That is, in fact, the “greatest possible threat to our Republic,” according to George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley, who has not only testified on the Constitution before Congress but has represented members in court.

He cited a recent University of Virginia Center for Politics poll that delivered astounding results: “Fifty-two percent of Biden supporters say Republicans are now a threat to American life while 47 percent of Trump supporters say the same about Democrats. Among Biden supporters, 41 percent now believe violence is justified ‘to stop [Republicans] from achieving their goals.’ An almost identical percentage, 38 percent, of Trump supporters now embrace violence to stop Democrats. … Some 31 percent of Trump supporters believe that the nation should explore alternative forms of government. Roughly a quarter (24 percent) of Biden supporters also question the viability of democracy.”
The divisions are obvious these days: Joe Biden has made clear the main goals for his presidency are to promote abortion and transgenderism. He wants to make Americans dependent on foreigners with his green agenda. He’s put leftists in charge of decisions for America up and down his government.
The leading GOP candidate for 2024, Donald Trump, did just the opposite during his first term in the White House.
Not surprisingly, Biden-supporting prosecutors now are trying to put Trump in jail in a number of suspect cases, as one way to try to remove him from the 2024 race.
Turley explained, “Many now question democracy as a sustainable system of government. It represents the single greatest threat to this nation: a citizenry that has lost faith not just with our system of government but with each other.”
Copyright 2023 WND News Center

Well, at least he quoted numbers that I recognize...

Pretty interesting that he blasts Biden and embraces Trump. Of course if he didn't, OP would never have published it. What I can't understand, is how ANYONE believes that Trump is anything but a divider. He attacks anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with him. He basically says half the country are traitors.

Biden is a buffoon and always has been. But the thought of Trump uniting anyone to do anything but agree with Trump is laughable.

Well, at least he quoted numbers that I recognize...

Pretty interesting that he blasts Biden and embraces Trump. Of course if he didn't, OP would never have published it. What I can't understand, is how ANYONE believes that Trump is anything but a divider. He attacks anyone and everyone that doesn't agree with him. He basically says half the country are traitors.

Biden is a buffoon and always has been. But the thought of Trump uniting anyone to do anything but agree with Trump is laughable.
Do you really think that anyone can unite a this country? Not going to happen. We are way past that. .

Do you really think that anyone can unite a this country? Not going to happen. We are way past that. .
I do. I think that everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that someone else can love their country just as much as you and disagree on policy and values. The basics are things that we all have in common. We all like freedom, security, fairness in government, and we all want to be united. It seems to me that the biggest disagreements come from things that don't really matter that much on a day to day basis.

I graduated college in 91 and have been working since then. I've watched Presidents come and go and honestly, my life hasn't changed a damn bit when one took over from the other. Abortion is always a hot topic, but the vast majority of women will never have one. While it's not something that comes up in conversation, I only know one person that I THINK had one (baby had severe Downs). Gun control? DItto. I own guns and know folks that don't and don't want to. We don't agree and never will. So we talk about other things. It doesn't make them bad people, they just disagree. Religion? Same thing. LDS (Mormons) are the big one out here in the same way the Southern Baptists are back home. I know folks that are very Religious and folks that are hard core atheists. I'm middle of the road myself. We aren't going to agree, and that's OK.

We've simply gotten into a cycle where we concentrate on our differences FAR more than we do on what we have in common (and I do partially blame the media for that). It's much more interesting to watch people fight Jerry Springer style rather than have a reasonable discussion. And ratings reflect that.

But if we can bring ourselves to work on what we have in common, rather than what our differences are, then I absolutely believe we can come together again.

I do. I think that everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that someone else can love their country just as much as you and disagree on policy and values. The basics are things that we all have in common. We all like freedom, security, fairness in government, and we all want to be united. It seems to me that the biggest disagreements come from things that don't really matter that much on a day to day basis.

I graduated college in 91 and have been working since then. I've watched Presidents come and go and honestly, my life hasn't changed a damn bit when one took over from the other. Abortion is always a hot topic, but the vast majority of women will never have one. While it's not something that comes up in conversation, I only know one person that I THINK had one (baby had severe Downs). Gun control? DItto. I own guns and know folks that don't and don't want to. We don't agree and never will. So we talk about other things. It doesn't make them bad people, they just disagree. Religion? Same thing. LDS (Mormons) are the big one out here in the same way the Southern Baptists are back home. I know folks that are very Religious and folks that are hard core atheists. I'm middle of the road myself. We aren't going to agree, and that's OK.

We've simply gotten into a cycle where we concentrate on our differences FAR more than we do on what we have in common (and I do partially blame the media for that). It's much more interesting to watch people fight Jerry Springer style rather than have a reasonable discussion. And ratings reflect that.

But if we can bring ourselves to work on what we have in common, rather than what our differences are, then I absolutely believe we can come together again.
We are the same age. I've got maybe a year on you. I can agree with literally everything you wrote. But your "IF" in the last paragraph in my mind should be bolded, underlined and in size 46 font. I don't see it.

Reactions: hopefultiger13
We are the same age. I've got maybe a year on you. I can agree with literally everything you wrote. But your "IF" in the last paragraph in my mind should be bolded, underlined and in size 46 font. I don't see it.
I totally understand... I'm a glass half full guy for sure. I get why you'd think that we are too far gone. There's evidence of that every freaking day. I'm just hoping that there are enough of us willing to work together to make it happen.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Apparently you didn't hear about everyone at msnbc and everyone at foxnews are going to do a new edition of "we are the world" .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT