ADVERTISEMENT

the "Save" Act

Not be an active member of NATO? Can you please show me where he said that? Sounds like you watch MSDNC
You don't think he's implied our alliance is threatened?

"Trump has a long history of denigrating NATO, and former administration officials say he repeatedly threatened to withdraw the U.S. from the alliance that has been central to U.S. policy for decades. One former adviser said he expects Trump to move forward with his threats if he wins a second term"

"Mr. Trump has regularly disparaged NATO and even threatened to withdraw the United States from it, and during the debate, he did nothing to assuage European concerns about his antipathy toward the military alliance. Asked by Mr. Biden if he would pull out of NATO, Mr. Trump did not answer but shrugged"

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Orange Blood
Not be an active member of NATO? Can you please show me where he said that? Sounds like you watch MSDNC
Also, I am not a Democrat. But I can be honest about how crappy the Republican candidate is.

He threatened to not support the article requiring members to militarily support each other.

No doubt you are a MSM guy. It’s business 101. Do you know how much NATO members have increased and committed to their payments during President Trump’s term? Good grief, people need to wake up. I would argue that there isn’t a better candidate anywhere better than DJT. Currently, it’s a two man race. Anyone that would still pick Biden is simply nuts.

No doubt you are a MSM guy. It’s business 101. Do you know how much NATO members have increased and committed to their payments during President Trump’s term? Good grief, people need to wake up. I would argue that there isn’t a better candidate anywhere better than DJT. Currently, it’s a two man race. Anyone that would still pick Biden is simply nuts.
When did I say I would pick Biden? No way in hell.

Trump has some good policies, but he can’t get his mouth out of his own way too frequently.

He threatened to not support the article requiring members to militarily support each other.

You are just like your buddy @dpic73 . You either don’t read welll or are dishonest by omission. It’s kind of like a cheap fake if you will. Here is the first line of the article YOU posted. Did you even read the article you posted?

“Former President Donald Trump again said Wednesday that if he returns to the White House, he would not defend NATO members that don’t meet defense spending targets,”

When did I say I would pick Biden? No way in hell.

Trump has some good policies, but he can’t get his mouth out of his own way too frequently.
This is such an old argument. Leave his ass alone and let him be president and maybe we would not have to open his mouth as much!
He isn't perfect but just let him have 4 years. We gave Obama 8 and Joey almost 4.

"AMERICAN SUCESS will be my REVENGE!"

I'm gonna give my honest answer. None of it is necessary and it's all just political bullshit. There is nothing in your writeup above that isn't already the case or being doing.

What situation is the first clause trying to prevent? It's not a requirement that the form ask about citizenship (it does), it's an extra question. The impact will be that nobody is handed voter registration forms. Less voter registration due to a stupid admin hurdle is bad.

"Requires an individual to provide proof of citizenship before registering". Again, redundant. The form asks for proof and then it's checked.

There are too many variables to removing people from voter rolls, too many human errors, too many details, for people to be given broad power to remove others from rolls without extensive verification. Currently there exists a waiting period to ensure that election officials don't just get it a wrong a bunch of screw up people's right to vote.

So, no, I wouldn't vote for that nonsense. It doesn't accomplish anything.

There are cities where non-citizens are allowed to vote in local elections. Questions as to whether that would translate to federal and state elections are valid. Easiest way to deal with that is to have a single standard. I thought the left loved having a single standard. We don't have that kind of thing now and this would help. It would also send a message that in order to vote, a person must be a citizen of the United States. Yes, it already says that but the lack of respect for our laws, borders and general common sense raise questions about what we should be doing here.

I bet you've advocated for gun laws in the past that would go on top of existing gun laws that aren't being enforced. If we could all agree that laws need to be enforced and they are laws for a reason, I think we'd all benefit greatly.

I'm 100% for removing people who have any questions at all about their status from the voter rolls. The process of people voting themselves benefits with other people's money is the worst idea ever. But that's a much larger discussion about the role of government and the reality that it's so out of control we need to start a 85% scaling back of all activities the government participates in.

But you can’t be honest about what the article you posted said 🙄
I see what you are complaining about in my statement. Yes I was generalizing. But admitting you would not support attacked NATO members is a destabilizing statement that will encourage Russia to attack more countries.

He also said he would tell Russia to do whatever the hell they wanted to a NATO country that we didn’t defend.

My point is that I understand the frustration with defending the world. However we get a lot of benefits from being the lead dog too.

Let’s secure the border. Part of that is keeping peace in Europe.

• Haha
I see what you are complaining about in my statement. Yes I was generalizing. But admitting you would not support attacked NATO members is a destabilizing statement that will encourage Russia to attack more countries.

He also said he would tell Russia to do whatever the hell they wanted to a NATO country that we didn’t defend.

My point is that I understand the frustration with defending the world. However we get a lot of benefits from being the lead dog too.

You're taking a lot out of context and a lot you're just flat portraying in the wrong way. If, in the course of making an argument, one must get creative with the basis of an argument, that person is almost always wrong.

This is such an old argument. Leave his ass alone and let him be president and maybe we would not have to open his mouth as much!
He isn't perfect but just let him have 4 years. We gave Obama 8 and Joey almost 4.

"AMERICAN SUCESS will be my REVENGE!"
He doesn't deserve it after we fired him for terribly mis-managing the pandemic and everything he's done since the election has solidified the fact that he's too unfit to run this country again. You shouldn't be able to destroy trust in our institutions with four years of lying about the election, which also lead to the insurrection and be rewarded with another term. Biden sucks too but I know he'll never plot to attack our own govt over some shit he made up in his head. That should matter.

• Haha

Your whole premise is wrong. He never admitted he would not support NATO Members if attacked.

He said he wouldn’t defend them IF THEY DONT PAY.

That is very fair. If they don’t like it, then pay their bills.

Your whole premise is wrong. He never admitted he would not support NATO Members if attacked.

If you're not defending them, you're also not supporting them so he's right about that being a de-stabilizing comment, besides it being a disgusting thing for our President to verbalize. After those allies stood by our sides through many wars at the cost of hundreds of thousands of their own lives and billions of their own money, how dare we talk to them like that. If Trump wins, Putin will be licking his chops. Not only will he get to keep the territory he's already taken in Ukraine, he'll know he can push the boundaries elsewhere and may not face much resistance and that's embarrassing for us.

• Haha

Just to be clear, I think you are saying that you are fine with Russia expanding their European footprint. I mean I get playing tough to get countries to pay their share, I really do.

But I personally think the US is better served with Russia in check. You are saying it is more important that a NATO country pay their share than keeping Russia in check.

In the end, we are going to be the big hammer either way. I think it is better for us to deal with it upfront, that is all I am saying.

Clearly we disagree, and that is what is great about our country.

Reactions: dpic73
If you're not defending them, you're also not supporting them so he's right about that being a de-stabilizing comment, besides it being a disgusting thing for our President to verbalize. After those allies stood by our sides through many wars at the cost of hundreds of thousands of their own lives and billions of their own money, how dare we talk to them like that. If Trump wins, Putin will be licking his chops. Not only will he get to keep the territory he's already taken in Ukraine, he'll know he can push the boundaries elsewhere and may not face much resistance and that's embarrassing for us.
Just say the whole thing and don’t leave out part of it.

We will defend you if you live up to your end of the agreement.

It’s easy.

How dare we talk to them like that? If it wasn’t for us they would be living under Hitlers rule. We don’t owe them shit. Maybe visit Normandy someday and learn some history.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
How dare we talk to them like that? If it wasn’t for us they would be living under Hitlers rule. We don’t owe them shit. Maybe visit Normandy someday and learn some history.
But what is best for the USA? You think it is ok to let Russia expand in Europe? If so, just say it.

I know the history well and just finished the six part Netflix series on Hitler. You should watch it and you'll see a lot of creepy similarities to things happening today *cough.

Some of those allies also joined us in the Pacific theater during WW2 as well as Vietnam. Then add in the 20 years they supported us in Afghanistan and Iraq and theyve more than paid their bills.

Sickening that you support talking about them worse than he talks about our enemies.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerGrowls
Democrats only care about illegals getting them in here and give them money and Social Security and have them vote Democrat.
Conservatives only care about states rights when it gives them the chance to usurp others rights.

Reactions: dpic73
But what is best for the USA? You think it is ok to let Russia expand in Europe? If so, just say it.
I don’t think it’s Ok and this why Donald Trump should be Commander In Chief. After all, Russia did not expand during his term. The same cannot be said for Obama or Biden.

‘Fix inflation’ is plenty of evidence to prove Trump is either retarded or you are for believing that stupidity.

Do you suggest we let it continue on its current course? Should we vacate the stated 2% goal?

Are you insinuating there is nothing wrong with inflation?

I don’t think it’s Ok and this why Donald Trump should be Commander In Chief. After all, Russia did not expand during his term. The same cannot be said for Obama or Biden.

Last edited:
Who did Russia attack under Trump? I think if you look back at Russia's expansion it took a pause while trump was potus and picked up where it left off under previous dem potus' when biden took over.
The actual evidence seems to suggest it is the dem party that allows Russia to invade other countries(see Crimea and Ukraine as the most recent examples) but don't let the facts get in your way.
He even explicitly stated Russia would not have invaded Ukraine in the debate. Do you think after saying that he would turn around and actually support or help them do it?

It’s based on a lie. No territory was ceded to Russia during Trumps term. You can’t say that for recent Democrats.

This is an irrational thought process. Irrationality is easy to defeat.
You're referencing the past, he's talking about the future - what he's said will happen.

You're referencing the past, he's talking about the future - what he's said will happen.
Of course they don't want to reference the past because it makes them look bad and destroys their narrative.

They are worrying about something happening in the present on their watch.

None of that happened on Trumps watch.

This is irrational.

We have a record under 3 straight presidents.

Obama - Russia took Crimea and we didn’t do a damn thing about it.

Trump - Russia took nothing.

Biden - Russia launched a full scale invasion of Ukraine and holds substantial territory.

We can play what ifs all you want, but those are facts. Trumps comment is blusterous and likely not how things would actually play out. He is negotiating and wants to ensure NATO members pay their share and don’t just saddle us with the financial burden of their defense.

We have a record under 3 straight presidents.

Obama - Russia took Crimea and we didn’t do a damn thing about it.

Trump - Russia took nothing.

Biden - Russia launched a full scale invasion of Ukraine and holds substantial territory.

We can play what ifs all you want, but those are facts. Trumps comment is blusterous and likely not how things would actually play out. He is negotiating and wants to ensure NATO members pay their share and don’t just saddle us with the financial burden of their defense.
Again, my post was from an ex-Trump voter who said he would no longer vote for him because of those comments. He wasn't talking about what happened in the past under different presidents, he was talking about NATO countries, NOT Ukraine. If you're honest, you would acknowledge how respectfully he talks about our enemies vs the nasty way he speaks about our allies - it's obscene.

Our allies deserve respect, especially when talking about them publicly. The angry bug he has up his own butt should not be more important than what's best for our country, period. Trump is temporary but our country is not.

Again, my post was from an ex-Trump voter who said he would no longer vote for him because of those comments. He wasn't talking about what happened in the past under different presidents, he was talking about NATO countries, NOT Ukraine. If you're honest, you would acknowledge how respectfully he talks about our enemies vs the nasty way he speaks about our allies - it's obscene.

Our allies deserve respect, especially when talking about them publicly. The angry bug he has up his own butt should not be more important than what's best for our country, period. Trump is temporary but our country is not.
Glad we got the opinion of one ex Trump voter. Thank you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT