ADVERTISEMENT

the "Save" Act

You won’t admit it but there will be lot more Ex-Biden voters voting for Trump this election than the opposite.
Maybe but I seriously doubt it. It would be more likely that they don't vote at all. The only people enthusiastic about the choices are hard-core magats. Biden doesn't excite anybody so many of his voters will be hard-core anti-Trumpers. The rest will be fighting the couch.

I'm gonna give my honest answer. None of it is necessary and it's all just political bullshit. There is nothing in your writeup above that isn't already the case or being doing.

What situation is the first clause trying to prevent? It's not a requirement that the form ask about citizenship (it does), it's an extra question. The impact will be that nobody is handed voter registration forms. Less voter registration due to a stupid admin hurdle is bad.

"Requires an individual to provide proof of citizenship before registering". Again, redundant. The form asks for proof and then it's checked.

There are too many variables to removing people from voter rolls, too many human errors, too many details, for people to be given broad power to remove others from rolls without extensive verification. Currently there exists a waiting period to ensure that election officials don't just get it a wrong a bunch of screw up people's right to vote.

So, no, I wouldn't vote for that nonsense. It doesn't accomplish anything.
/Thread

Election year posturing by fearmongering conservatives is all this is.

One GOP operative commited more voter fraud in a single House election than non-citizens voted in the last election.

Reactions: dpic73
Again, my post was from an ex-Trump voter who said he would no longer vote for him because of those comments. He wasn't talking about what happened in the past under different presidents, he was talking about NATO countries, NOT Ukraine. If you're honest, you would acknowledge how respectfully he talks about our enemies vs the nasty way he speaks about our allies - it's obscene.

Our allies deserve respect, especially when talking about them publicly. The angry bug he has up his own butt should not be more important than what's best for our country, period. Trump is temporary but our country is not.

I don't like his style either. I guess my point is that if Russia attacks the UK and they only paid 1.7% GDP the prior year, he's not actually witholding aide. It's just bluster and his way of attempting to negotiate them into paying their fair share instead of being the ones holding everyone else's bag.

And btw, it has worked. His focus on this topic has resulted in increased contributions by NATO members (and decreased ratio from the US). Again, I don't like the style, but previous presidents allowed NATO countries to fall behind and Trump actually did something about it.

66d708_1_grand_defence-expenditures_2022_nato_article.jpg

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Wrong, I'm telling you what you don't want to hear.

UST IN: Ben Shapiro destroys Democrat Rep. Eric Swalwell after he asks about Project 2025Swalwell: 'How much do you support Project 2025?'Shapiro: 'Like President Trump, I haven't looked all that deeply at Project 2025, but it seems that Democrats on this committee are sort of like Peter Pan and TinkerbellIf they say Project 2025, enough, their presidential candidate becomes alive again'

The democrats stopped it. It's official what their intentions are.

BREAKING:

Senate Democrats just blocked the SAVE Act, which would have prevented illegal aliens from voting in our elections.

The legislation would have required all voters to show proof of US citizenship in order to vote.

@TheDemocrats can’t win elections without cheating. This is why they support the INVASION of our country by illegals.

SHAMEFUL!

TREASON!

I don't like his style either. I guess my point is that if Russia attacks the UK and they only paid 1.7% GDP the prior year, he's not actually witholding aide. It's just bluster and his way of attempting to negotiate them into paying their fair share instead of being the ones holding everyone else's bag.

And btw, it has worked. His focus on this topic has resulted in increased contributions by NATO members (and decreased ratio from the US). Again, I don't like the style, but previous presidents allowed NATO countries to fall behind and Trump actually did something about it.

66d708_1_grand_defence-expenditures_2022_nato_article.jpg
The graph doesn’t indicate anything about Trump directly.

Defense spending in Europe shot up in 2022 due to a Russian invasion. There was another call for more spending after the previous Russian invasion in 2014, when we got the 2% recommendation.

Let’s agree that Trump was right to hold some people’s feet to the fire. I don’t know what the case is now, but you had Germany, the largest economy in Europe, spending next to nothing on defense. That had to change. A lot of people were too slow to meet the 2% mark.

On the other hand, I think he was playing a dangerous and imprecise game. The Baltic states and Poland are pulling their weight. They’re the ones facing a threat, not Germany, Spain, or Albania. You shouldn’t threaten to blow up NATO or even weaken the US’s commitment to it when the countries who need it most are doing their part. And if it’s a purely transactional thing, is Trump sending the US to war over Estonia? He’s running on the idea that we’re doing far too much for Ukraine. What does the NATO idea mean to him anyway ?

In an imperfect arrangement, he was/is focused on the wrong things. Hold Putin’s feet to the fire instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scotchtiger
The graph doesn’t indicate anything about Trump directly.

Defense spending in Europe shot up in 2022 due to a Russian invasion. There was another call for more spending after the previous Russian invasion in 2014, when we got the 2% recommendation.

Let’s agree that Trump was right to hold some people’s feet to the fire. I don’t know what the case is now, but you had Germany, the largest economy in Europe, spending next to nothing on defense. That had to change. A lot of people were too slow to meet the 2% mark.

On the other hand, I think he was playing a dangerous and imprecise game. The Baltic states and Poland are pulling their weight. They’re the ones facing a threat, not Germany, Spain, or Albania. You shouldn’t threaten to blow up NATO or even weaken the US’s commitment to it when the countries who need it most are doing their part. And if it’s a purely transactional thing, is Trump sending the US to war over Estonia? He’s running on the idea that we’re doing far too much for Ukraine. What does the NATO idea mean to him anyway ?

In an imperfect arrangement, he was/is focused on the wrong things. Hold Putin’s feet to the fire instead.

All fair points.

But perhaps being a NATO member is like being a taxpayer. I don’t need most of what the government provides and am an exceptionally low burden on the country. I still face the full brunt of the US tax code. So while some NATO members are lower risk than others, they still agreed to pay the tax.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT