ADVERTISEMENT

***Ti on a Sunday Morning***

harristeeter

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2015
One of the "busiest" Sunday mornings on Ti I've seen from posters. Most with valid concerns. That said.......

I keep reading about the portal being our biggest problem, and I can't argue that we shouldn't have used it. But imo, this ship hasn't been the same since our best positional coaches and DC/OC's left several years ago. Dabo had to replace awesome coaches, and unfortunately hired alot of inexperienced replacements. It's hard to replace individuals such as:
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
Marion Hobby
Dan Brooks
Jeff Scott
Tony Elliott (people have their own feelings for TE as an OC and I get that)

The thing that I also believe gets "glossed" over is that we did use a trump card in getting talent for over a decade. That trump card was facilities, we had the nicest facilities in the nation when there wasn't Nil and that helped in the acquiring of top talent. Now everyone has great facilities (well most do) and also use Nil (to freshman coming in and the portal).

IMO, Dabo has seen the error in his ways with the coaches and has started to get back to where they were 10 years ago in that regard. See: Matt Luke, Rumph, Eason.......

Time will only tell if he decides to join in the Nil race in the actual "acquiring of talent" phase. Just my opinion but I see us currently as a team that will stay in the top 25 but I don't see us contending for National Championships again until a few more "tweaks" are made. We look built to be in the 8th to 20th spot in the polls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.