ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Scott

He is one of the very few truly excellent people in politics these days. He's a great ambassador for South Carolina and for our nation.

Anyone that defends and support President Pine-Sol and the over 18,000 lies he has spewed since he took office (including him saying just yesterday that there is a vaccine for AIDS), and not to mention his support for Lady G, is not a good ambassador for SC. The hypocrisy and blatant lies by this administration and his supporters will not go unrewarded!

I like Scott, but it's sort of amazing he's a senator. Very ambitious guy with a lot of people behind him who were able to help him get to where he wanted to go. He's sort of the pretty face to Graham's ability to get things done.

Anyone that defends and support President Pine-Sol and the over 18,000 lies he has spewed since he took office (including him saying just yesterday that there is a vaccine for AIDS), and not to mention his support for Lady G, is not a good ambassador for SC. The hypocrisy and blatant lies by this administration and his supporters will not go unrewarded!

New to politics?

Lady G?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: BigTimeTiger

tenor.gif

Can you point me to your prior posts regarding the enormous number of lies told by other politicians including the last administration? How about all the lies told about this administration by the media and by other politicians. If you're all about the truth, let's have it brother!

Can you point me to your prior posts regarding the enormous number of lies told by other politicians including the last administration? How about all the lies told about this administration by the media and by other politicians. If you're all about the truth, let's have it brother!
All politicians lie. Pretty much any public figure lies at some point. If you are going by fact check groups such as Politifact, Factcheck.org, etc., the number of lies told by Trump is exponentially higher than Obama while in office. In Trumps first year alone he told over 100 lies in office compared to around 18 with Obama for his entire presidency. I'm guessing Obama told more than 18, but I'm going by those sources for arguments sake.

The problem with Trump is not only the sheer amount, but the dire consequences of his lies. For example, his administration knew that opening the economy back up would cause a tremendous spike in cases and compounded that by saying people shouldn't wear masks. Why not just be up front about both of those things? The White House was passing around internal memos about the coming spike after the shutdown was lifted. Those memos were leaked to the press. So they know that we know about that. Now you see Trump scrambling to say that the spikes are the result of more testing.

All politicians lie. Pretty much any public figure lies at some point. If you are going by fact check groups such as Politifact, Factcheck.org, etc., the number of lies told by Trump is exponentially higher than Obama while in office. In Trumps first year alone he told over 100 lies in office compared to around 18 with Obama for his entire presidency. I'm guessing Obama told more than 18, but I'm going by those sources for arguments sake.

The problem with Trump is not only the sheer amount, but the dire consequences of his lies. For example, his administration knew that opening the economy back up would cause a tremendous spike in cases and compounded that by saying people shouldn't wear masks. Why not just be up front about both of those things? The White House was passing around internal memos about the coming spike after the shutdown was lifted. Those memos were leaked to the press. So they know that we know about that. Now you see Trump scrambling to say that the spikes are the result of more testing.

18 lies? OK! Difference between Obama and Trump is Trump is very unpolished and says a lot of stupid stuff. Obama was very polished and covered his ass everywhere he went. However, the intent to deceive was pervasive in every single thing he did every single day as President.

You shouldn't be offended by the truth. You shouldn't assume I support the Obama administration, because I don't support Trump.

I believe 90% of politicians are all out for their self interests and not for the people they represent. All of them lie (including in the last administration and all administrations before it), but Trump and his administration is in a total different stratosphere with the amount of lies that are told on a daily basis. And his supporters that are supposed to be conservative Christians, look pass it, make excuses and defend him at all costs.

Reactions: purenonsense

Sounds like most Politicians.

18 lies? OK! Difference between Obama and Trump is Trump is very unpolished and says a lot of stupid stuff. Obama was very polished and covered his ass everywhere he went. However, the intent to deceive was pervasive in every single thing he did every single day as President.

Trump claims to be one of the smartest people in the world. He says he is a genius and a multibillionaire, but your excuse is that he is unpolished and says stupid stuff. Well... either you are wrong or he told some more lies. Which is it?

You shouldn't be offended by the truth. You shouldn't assume I support the Obama administration, because I don't support Trump.

I believe 90% of politicians are all out for their self interest and not the for the people they represent. All of them lie (including in the last administration and all administrations before it), but Trump and his administration is in a total different stratosphere with the amount of lies that are told on a daily basis. And his supporters that are supposed to be conservative Christians, look pass it, make excuses and defend him at all costs.

Painting with a broad brush there. I am a Christian, Conservative and I voted for Trump. I don’t agree with everything he says or does. I can be critical of him even though I voted for him. He would be wise to shut his mouth a lot of times. I’m going to vote for him again in November because the only alternative at this moment is an old white dude that appears to have dementia and most likely won’t finish a term. I also don’t agree with his political views. So unless someone scrounges up a better option Trump will be my vote again.

Painting with a broad brush there. I am a Christian, Conservative and I voted for Trump. I don’t agree with everything he says or does. I can be critical of him even though I voted for him. He would be wise to shut his mouth a lot of times. I’m going to vote for him again in November because the only alternative at this moment is an old white dude that appears to have dementia and most likely won’t finish a term. I also don’t agree with his political views. So unless someone scrounges up a better option Trump will be my vote again.

No, my painting was very precise and narrow. Unfortunately, your support for him and what he represents is what is wrong with politics. There is nothing Christian or conservative about Trump. His positions and platforms are all about power and prestige. Your politics should not be more important than your Christianity. Despite who Trump has shown himself to be, you still elect to support him. Christianity is not about what you say but about what you do. I know that is going to sting, but it is true. Exodus 20:3

Reactions: Triple Tiger
Trump claims to be one of the smartest people in the world. He says he is a genius and a multibillionaire, but your excuse is that he is unpolished and says stupid stuff. Well... either you are wrong or he told some more lies. Which is it?

When did I ever say he doesn't lie? He's lied plenty and I find it distressing that he does. He'll do it to try and justify some of his more unjustifiable stances. He is ALSO unpolished. I do think he's got a good instinct for certain things but he's also an egomaniac who just doesn't know when to stop. President Trump is a very complex figure. I find all the simplistic assessments about him to be quite ridiculous. He's got a lot of sides, a lot of flaws, a lot of ego and he does have a lot of strengths as well.

Also, faith and politics are different animals entirely. I do agree that Trump isn't all that conservative though. I don't vote based on my faith. I vote based on who is less likely to try and drive the country into a ditch. Trump is quite bad in my view. The issue is that the other side is just flat horrible in every way imaginable and so we end up getting to choose between the lesser of two evils. That sucks doesn't it?

No, my painting was very precise and narrow. Unfortunately, your support for him and what he represents is what is wrong with politics. There is nothing Christian or conservative about Trump. His positions and platforms are all about power and prestige. Your politics should not be more important than your Christianity. Despite who Trump has shown himself to be, you still elect to support him. Christianity is not about what you say but about what you do. I know that is going to sting, but it is true. Exodus 20:3

So who do you suggest your view of a “Christian” should vote for? A man who supports abortion, has a history of touching others, and offers to fight a voter who doesn’t agree with him? Or should we just complain and not vote? Side note I’ll assume you never ever lie or have lied. If so you are just like him. Maybe not 18k lies but you are still a liar like the rest of us. I didn’t vote for him because he professes to be a Christian. I voted for him because he was ,in my opinion, a no brained against Clinton. I didn’t even vote for Trump in the Primary race. Since you are naturally all knowing and we Neanderthals can’t possibly think logically...please lay out what we should do. Spell it out clearly for an idiot like myself.

When did I ever say he doesn't lie? He's lied plenty and I find it distressing that he does. He'll do it to try and justify some of his more unjustifiable stances. He is ALSO unpolished. I do think he's got a good instinct for certain things but he's also an egomaniac who just doesn't know when to stop. President Trump is a very complex figure. I find all the simplistic assessments about him to be quite ridiculous. He's got a lot of sides, a lot of flaws, a lot of ego and he does have a lot of strengths as well.

Also, faith and politics are different animals entirely. I do agree that Trump isn't all that conservative though. I don't vote based on my faith. I vote based on who is less likely to try and drive the country into a ditch. Trump is quite bad in my view. The issue is that the other side is just flat horrible in every way imaginable and so we end up getting to choose between the lesser of two evils. That sucks doesn't it?

You can’t win with this guy. We’re all idiots and he is all knowing. Dude went full @johnhugh on Trump in a thread about Tim Scott being a good person.

I thought it was short for Lady Gaga myself.

Tim Scott has said that the 2022 re-election bid will be his last political race.

He believes in term limits and will practice what he preaches.

It's unfortunate because this is exactly the type of person we need in office.

https://www.postandcourier.com/poli...cle_0ef94de6-bab4-11e9-a59c-9bbb31fbdf41.html

I've heard Tim Scott speak. Impressive man.

I suspect he will consider a presidential run at some point.

Interesting! Please expound on how you believe the other side would likely drive the country into a ditch? Are we not already in a ditch considering the National debt is at an all time high, there are numerous Trump administration officials that have been indicted and/or convicted since he has been in office, National debt is $26 Trillion, the country is extremely divided, we have a pandemic that is not getting better overall but is getting worst, Trump and his administration continues to lie about it while people are dying everyday, and the respect of the Nation is underwater around the world, especially amongst our former allies.

Reactions: purenonsense

That last statement is an absolute joke, and discredits anything else you have to say about Obama.

Your post comes off like some unhinged Boomer stuff. Also, this thread is about Tim Scott.

Boomer? That's funny.

Reading comprehension is important. If you view my initial post, it was about Scott's support for Trump and Graham or Lady G as he likes to be called, allegedly. Someone asked about Lady G and I clarified.

So you’re homophobic? Calling him Lady G

I am not homophobic at all. What a person does in their bedroom is none of my business between two consenting adults. Whether it is right or wrong, is between them and God. What I have a problem with is the hypocrisy that Graham exhibits in his politics and allegedly in his personal life. Its not complicated to do what is right, but because of the "Christian" conservative agenda, Republicans have to take a support a stance that in 2020 discrimination should be allowed against a person because of their sexual preference or identity. Thankfully for civil rights in this country, the Supreme Court last week didn't agree with Trump and his administration, but I am sure his supporters have a justification on how his position aligns with their "Christian" beliefs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT