ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman with the best statement on the climate right now!

GoodWord28

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
"We're going to pack 100,000 people into (the stadium) and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white -- not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white," Herman told the American-Statesman. "We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.

"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America. You can't have it both ways."

"We're going to pack 100,000 people into (the stadium) and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white -- not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white," Herman told the American-Statesman. "We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.

"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America. You can't have it both ways."
Everybody trying to act all woke.

Herman also marched to state house with team last week.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be the other way around.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be the other way around.

Agreed.

Reactions: Snuggles6
Wonder how many of these coaches are really sincere or are some doing it for show. I believe DS is the most sincere coach in America. He demonstrates his respect for black Americans by how he treats his players both present and past and I do not personally feel he has to lead a March to prove it.

Insane to me to see guys like Herman taking on a leadership role here and Harbaugh going to protests while Dabo still has said absolutely nothing 4 days after it came out that a racial slur was used on his practice field. Would have thought it’d be the other way around.[/

Can’t speak to Jimbo but Dabo does more for his players and families than 99% of the coaches or talking heads. He actually goes the extra mile to make sure his guys get a degree. So that they can be successful and dominate life.

Perhaps Dabo thinks what’s going on in America right now is utterly ridiculous & doesn’t really want to get involved...

There are a lot of people in this country that believe that...

Perhaps Dabo thinks what’s going on in America right now is utterly ridiculous & doesn’t really want to get involved...

There are a lot of people in this country that believe that...
And there are a lot more who know that this isn't utterly ridiculous. Around the world. There are literally protests going on around the world. Let that try to sink into your tiny, closed-minded brain.

And there are a lot more who know that this isn't utterly ridiculous. Around the world. There are literally protests going on around the world. Let that try to sink into your tiny, closed-minded brain.
Yeah yeah...in even the biggest of cities, most of the protest only have a few thousand people...smaller towns generally a few hundred...
Let’s not get it twisted that everybody is onboard with this liberal farce...

Wonder how many of these coaches are really sincere or are some doing it for show. I believe DS is the most sincere coach in America. He demonstrates his respect for black Americans by how he treats his players both present and past and I do not personally feel he has to lead a March to prove it.

We all know Dabo is sincere, but that’s not the issue. He needs to be VISIBLE. Dabo is a person that wears his beliefs on his sleeve. He is VOCAL about his faith (and other issues) and has never shied away from it even when being criticized. He routinely addresses important issues and never shies away from sharing his opinion. Hell, sometimes that makes us fans cringe.

For some reason he has decided after releasing his statement, that was almost universally met with “blahs”, to remain silent, even after the Pearman saga.

For people to question the motives of a coach who is always VISIBLE and VOCAL during this time in history is only natural. Count me as one that thinks it’s out of character and is curious as to why.

Agree completely. Herman is a tool but he’s making Dabo look like a fool rn

Yeah yeah...in even the biggest of cities, most of the protest only have a few thousand people...smaller towns generally a few hundred...
Let’s not get it twisted that everybody is onboard with this liberal farce...
Black people getting killed in the streets by cops when unarmed and saying they can’t breathe is a liberal farce...

you suck bro

What have either of those two done when the cameras were off and the world wasn’t watching? I would rather know the heart of a man, and the heart of man is what he does when others are not paying attention, when he knows he may not get some publicity for it.

I am not saying Dabo shouldn’t do some thing more than he has, but i am so tired of you acting like the man is not a leader or that he is taking a back seat. He has been leading the charge long before now.

I dont know how woke Herman is. Or how amazing this quote is.

seriously 95% of white people read that and said yes I would hire them for a power position. Yea it should be 100%. But I bet it isnt 100% on this question for ANY race. But I am just supposing.

dating daughters would be a much different percentage. But I bet that would be applicable across many different races. I would not have a problem as long as he is a good kid with his head on straight. That trumps race in my eyes. I have met a few kids of other races I would have been happy for my daughter to bring home.

heck I married a latina

maybe Tom should promote one of his black coaches to a Coordinator position.

I don’t think Dabo needs to say anything more. Anyone who knows him also knows he is an inspiration to people of all colors. I’m not a religious guy but when I hear Dabo talk it inspires me to be a better person and to help one another. Very few people in this world make me feel that way. He is a glass completely full guy and our players know the kind of people the Sweeney’s are. Every time someone says something the media can twist to make a story out of the less I want to hear others opinions.

What have either of those two done when the cameras were off and the world wasn’t watching? I would rather know the heart of a man, and the heart of man is what he does when others are not paying attention, when he knows he may not get some publicity for it.

I am not saying Dabo shouldn’t do some thing more than he has, but i am so tired of you acting like the man is not a leader or that he is taking a back seat. He has been leading the charge long before now.
Taking the charge on racial justice by speaking against Kap?

I don't know how about let's start with finding a job for some walk on who had done something to get himself kicked off the team. The same walk on who tried get some attention by bringing up something from three years ago that had seems to already have been addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of the people that were actually involved.

We could also talk about The Paw Journey where Dabo and his staff invest in the lives of ALL his players. They help them become better men. Give them the skills they will need to succeed in life outside of football.

We can talk about the All In foundation where Dabo and his wife impact the lives of women throughout this community. That is ALL women unless you think Breast Cancer only affects white women.

How about the Clemson Life program that Dabo is deeply involved with. How many special needs individuals have been positively impacted by this program? Special needs individuals from all backgrounds.

How many stories have we heard from people on this board about Dabo calling individuals and their families when people are gravely ill, in the hospital, or otherwise suffering. A lot of the time no one even knows about it, because Dabo does it privately. He isn't seeking any acclaim for it. It only comes to light when those affected make it known.

How about the hair stylist who Dabo gave a job at the Football Facility because he heard her boss mistreating her? I am not sure, but I think she was black.

The list goes on and on. People like Dabo Swinney don't have to posture for the media, because talk is cheap, and they prove their character with their actions everyday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT