ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2024

Trump won a contested primary. He even beat Romney fair and square.

"81 million" - 4000 were deprived of their right to vote. Including you. You think you are elite but to the Dems you are just a peasant. You didnt get a vote either. Let me guess, you would have voted for the candidate spewing communist policies? Lol.

Wait. Did you say Trump beat Romney?

You OK?

Hmmm that doesn't sound right. I'd bet a thousand Trump bibles that Nikki would wipe the floor with Donold in a proper debate.

What did you think of Trump's debate performance in the 2024 primary?

She would. And she should have been the nominee. The debates as part of primary process allowed her to emerge as the best candidate. But Trump didn't participate in the debates and has a rabid following of chuckleheads that currently dominate the party, so here we are.

His point about Kamala is even worse though. At least Trump participated in debates and won a broad primary in 2016. He then won the 2024 primary, even though he didn't participate in debates. Kamala did horribly in the one primary she participated in and there was no primary this year. She likely wouldn't have done well against a broad field of more appealing dems.

She would. And she should have been the nominee. The debates as part of primary process allowed her to emerge as the best candidate. But Trump didn't participate in the debates and has a rabid following of chuckleheads that currently dominate the party, so here we are.

His point about Kamala is even worse though. At least Trump participated in debates and won a broad primary in 2016. He then won the 2024 primary, even though he didn't participate in debates. Kamala did horribly in the one primary she participated in and there was no primary this year. She likely wouldn't have done well against a broad field of more appealing dems.

Your second paragraph, can I ask why you care? I know why @fatpiggy cares, bc after trump loses he is going to use this as some sort of cheating argument.

But I know you would never vote for a democrat, so why do you care who their nominee is?

Honestly, if the magas really believe this, they should be thrilled. If 20 other democrats would have beaten Kamala in a primary, then that should only make trump's job easier, no?

Your second paragraph, can I ask why you care? I know why @fatpiggy cares, bc after trump loses he is going to use this as some sort of cheating argument.

But I know you would never vote for a democrat, so why do you care who their nominee is?

Honestly, if the magas really believe this, they should be thrilled. If 20 other democrats would have beaten Kamala in a primary, then that should only make trump's job easier, no?
Why do people care about democracy?

Have you ever been to Normandy? Have you seen all those crosses? A lot of people died for the right to vote and you flippantly say who cares?

Have you ever been to Normandy? Have you seen all those crosses? A lot of people died for the right to vote and you flippantly say who cares?
Are those the people your nominee called "suckers and losers" when he asked what was in it for them? Are those the guys who Trump said were only war heroes because they got caught like McCain?

Same ones Trump wouldn't visit at Normandy because it was raining and windy and he didn't want his combover to get messed up?

Republicans caring about democracy after expelling anyone who isn't a Trumper, allowing Trump to install his damn botoxed daughter in law as the RNC co-chair, threatening fellow Rs like Kemp who wouldn't allow Trump to cheat in the 2020 election, threatening a sitting VP and his family when he wouldn't cheat, and continuing to lie about the results of our free and fair election in 2020 is pretty damn rich.

I care because it resulted in a far left nominee rather than a more moderate candidate. She's also not a very capable leader based on everything I've seen over the last 4 years. And the mouthbreathers in the GOP decided to nominate Trump, who has alienated most of the country, so even a total shit candidate has a good chance of winning.

There was nothing undemocratic about that process. The delegates nominated Kamala Harris at the convention, they were free to nominate whoever they wanted.

Undemocratic would be storming the capital to stop the certification of an election bc you didn’t like the results.

I care because it resulted in a far left nominee rather than a more moderate candidate. She's also not a very capable leader based on everything I've seen over the last 4 years. And the mouthbreathers in the GOP decided to nominate Trump, who has alienated most of the country, so even a total shit candidate has a good chance of winning.

Can you name a dem candidate that you would have voted for? Honestly?

Reactions: tboonpickens
Are those the people your nominee called "suckers and losers" when he asked what was in it for them? Are those the guys who Trump said were only war heroes because they got caught like McCain?

Same ones Trump wouldn't visit at Normandy because it was raining and windy and he didn't want his combover to get messed up?

Republicans caring about democracy after expelling anyone who isn't a Trumper, allowing Trump to install his damn botoxed daughter in law as the RNC co-chair, threatening fellow Rs like Kemp who wouldn't allow Trump to cheat in the 2020 election, threatening a sitting VP and his family when he wouldn't cheat, and continuing to lie about the results of our free and fair election in 2020 is pretty damn rich.
Oh you fell for the hoaxes huh?

There's literally never been a VP in any administration that had any kind of evidence that they could be a "capable leader" based on that role.

Assistant DA
DA
AG
Senator
VP

Pretty bulletproof resume compared to the junior senator with 2 years experience in the public sector who is up for the same role now on the other side of the aisle.

Reactions: dpic73
You likely aren't going to care about my opinion, but...

Holy hyperbole batman. People are still voting this coming November. The constitution and all laws were still followed. And this is quite frankly ridiculous trying to invoke D Day for some reason in relation to a candidate stepping down.

You likely aren't going to care about my opinion, but...

Holy hyperbole batman. People are still voting this coming November. The constitution and all laws were still followed. And this is quite frankly ridiculous trying to invoke D Day for some reason in relation to a candidate stepping down.
A candidate stepping down?

How about a health concern intentionally covered up in order to manipulate the Democratic process?

• Haha
There's literally never been a VP in any administration that had any kind of evidence that they could be a "capable leader" based on that role.

Assistant DA
DA
AG
Senator
VP

Pretty bulletproof resume compared to the junior senator with 2 years experience in the public sector who is up for the same role now on the other side of the aisle.

But VPs participate in a primary process if they want to be the next president. Obviously that didn't happen, so this is a very unique situation. Clearly you understand that, right?

And yes, she held a bunch of positions that we elected in deep blue cities/states. She had a questionable record as an AG/DA. Then went on to have the most liberal voting record in the senate. Then went on to be a completely worthless VP accomplishing nothing of note, coming across as an airhead in nearly every unscripted setting along the way. We all know her resume.

A candidate stepping down?

How about a health concern intentionally covered up in order to manipulate the Democratic process?
Unless you have emails/recordings/etc, there is just no way to police that. And even if those things came out, they still likely wouldn't be illegal. They would just truly damage the candidate/party at the ballot box.

Unless you have emails/recordings/etc, there is just no way to police that. And even if those things came out, they still likely wouldn't be illegal. They would just truly damage the candidate/party at the ballot box.

I suppose it was one of those cases of sudden onset dementia?

But VPs participate in a primary process if they want to be the next president. Obviously that didn't happen, so this is a very unique situation. Clearly you understand that, right?

And yes, she held a bunch of positions that we elected in deep blue cities/states. She had a questionable record as an AG/DA. Then went on to have the most liberal voting record in the senate. Then went on to be a completely worthless VP accomplishing nothing of note, coming across as an airhead in nearly every unscripted setting along the way. We all know her resume.
At the end of the day your gripe is truly with your own party nominating the literal one candidate that keeps the opposition from being punished at the ballot box for your thoughts above.

Can you name a dem candidate that you would have voted for? Honestly?

No. I wouldn't vote for any democrat. I fundamentally disagree with many of their core political beliefs and couldn't support someone aligned with that party.

Manchin might be the closest. At least he had the balls to save us from Build Back Better, which would have added trillions in entitlements and made inflation even worse.

At the end of the day your gripe is truly with your own party nominating the literal one candidate that keeps the opposition from being punished at the ballot box for your thoughts above.
No my gripe is the democratic process was stolen from millions of voters.

Not in the mood to have the same conversation again. Pretty sure literally yesterday.
I don’t think you answered yesterday either. Do you believe he had sudden onset dementia? Or do you think they hit his condition in order to manipulate the democratic process? Those are mutually exclusive you either believe one or the other.

Yep. I hate both sides right now. They have literally given us the South Park spoof of a turd sandwich and a giant douche. In any other election, we would soundly defeat the turd sandwich, but we nominated a giant douche.

MV5BZjRkNDdkYjMtODQ2Yi00OTUzLTlkMjctOGIyMjVhNTkzNWVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgyODE4NTE@._V1_.jpg

I don’t think you answered yesterday either. Do you believe he had sudden onset dementia? Or do you think they hit his condition in order to manipulate the democratic process? Those are mutually exclusive you either believe one or the other.
I have no idea to what degree anything happened behind the scenes. Whether they begged him. Whether they threatened something. Whether they said, we'll give you one debate and if you can't handle it, promise us you'll step down. I have no idea. If I had to guess, people at many levels (family, Harris, Dem leadership) tried to convince Biden in private that it was in the best interest of all that he step down. And they should have found a way to be more forceful with it. But I would assume they did some calculus as well. If he wouldn't step down, your options are doing your best to put competent leaders around him to support, and trusting his word if he says he can do it. Or causing a cascade of events that look a lot like the internal party civil war between Gaetz and McCarthy that was an embarrassment.

This is once again a situation where it would likely really hurt the party with especially independents/moderates, were the opposition to put forward someone less polarizing.

I certainly wouldn't have chosen any of the way this happened. Of course not. I'm not thrilled about Harris. There are lots of things I am willing to say the Democratic party does wrong, or has positions I don't hold, etc. It is what normal people do. But, since everything that has happened was legally done so, I am left with the choices in front of me, which to me, is pretty clear. You disagree, which is your right. And if I thought you could admit your own parties faults (or admit your own misstatements), and weren't arguing against positions I don't hold, while I wouldn't like it, I understand voting policy over person and could respect the position at least.
I don't have to agree to your exclusivity. I allow myself and people in my life to have discussions with nuance.

Yep. I hate both sides right now. They have literally given us the South Park spoof of a turd sandwich and a giant douche. In any other election, we would soundly defeat the turd sandwich, but we nominated a giant douche.

MV5BZjRkNDdkYjMtODQ2Yi00OTUzLTlkMjctOGIyMjVhNTkzNWVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgyODE4NTE@._V1_.jpg
I mostly completely agree with this. I am not a fan of Harris. But I think her with a Republican congress is the least damaging to the nation and rhetoric and public discourse, if any of that can actually be reclaimed at this point.

Reactions: yoshi121374

And this is your problem in a nutshell. You are so simple that you think everything is Black and White.

Very few things in this world are one of the other. There is always nuance.

I mostly completely agree with this. I am not a fan of Harris. But I think her with a Republican congress is the least damaging to the nation and rhetoric and public discourse, if any of that can actually be reclaimed at this point.

I would say that the last 3.5 years have been substantially better as far as public discourse. We badly need for MAGA to be beaten so those mouth breathers crawl back under their rocks.

The current Republican party has done nothing. Literally nothing.

Eh bullshit on the bolded part. She's better than basically any prominent Republican right now in any setting.

And you've already explained downthread that you can't name a Democrat you do like which is hilarious considering their bench compared to the Rs. I seriously doubt you were monitoring her "record" as AG/DA and likely can't name any VP setting you're attempting to reference here off the top of your head. Same reason nobody can remember anything about Pence other than the embarrassing Trump ass-kissing until the MAGAs finally tried to hang him.

I'm trying to figure out what it is the "both sides suck" crew don't like about the Biden/Harris regime as if it's in any way comparable to the Trump disaster.

• better foreign relations (nice not having UN crowds literally laughing at us in session)
  • supporting Ukraine who seems to be winning its war now against Putin
  • best economy in the world
  • record DOW marks
  • inflation curbed to historical norms after COVID spike
  • controlled COVID pandemic
  • fighting BiG GoVeRNmENt infringements on longstanding reproductive right
  • common sense gun reform
  • tax breaks for working/middle classes
  • home ownership initiatives targeting working/middle classes
  • extending caps on medications beyond seniors to general public
  • fighting Qanon lunacy that has penetrated R ranks

Eh bullshit on the bolded part. She's better than basically any prominent Republican right now in any setting.

And you've already explained downthread that you can't name a Democrat you do like which is hilarious considering their bench compared to the Rs. I seriously doubt you were monitoring her "record" as AG/DA and likely can't name any VP setting you're attempting to reference here off the top of your head. Same reason nobody can remember anything about Pence other than the embarrassing Trump ass-kissing until the MAGAs finally tried to hang him.

Of course you like her and your bench. You are in the "true believer" category of dems on here. Like a guy who probably wore a Tim Walz is my coach t-shirt while watching the DNC for hours per night. Nikki Haley would absolutely smoke Harris in this election, in a debate and in every other way imaginable. And you'd have a Tiger in the white house.

I'm trying to figure out what it is the "both sides suck" crew don't like about the Biden/Harris regime as if it's in any way comparable to the Trump disaster.

• better foreign relations (nice not having UN crowds literally laughing at us in session)
  • supporting Ukraine who seems to be winning its war now against Putin
  • best economy in the world
  • record DOW marks
  • inflation curbed to historical norms after COVID spike
  • controlled COVID pandemic
  • fighting BiG GoVeRNmENt infringements on longstanding reproductive right
  • common sense gun reform
  • tax breaks for working/middle classes
  • home ownership initiatives targeting working/middle classes
  • extending caps on medications beyond seniors to general public
  • fighting Qanon lunacy that has penetrated R ranks
Inflation to historical norms?

It’s 50% higher than normal.

Nice try

And this is your problem in a nutshell. You are so simple that you think everything is Black and White.

Very few things in this world are one of the other. There is always nuance.
It was black and white. Joe was mentally incapacitated long ago. The world saw it unfold on camera. There is no such thing as sudden onset dementia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT