ADVERTISEMENT

Vance VP Pick

I'll admit that i don't know much about Vance at this point, but on the surface i dont' think that he's a bad pick.

And while I think that normally nobody cares abou the VP picks, i thihk that the situation with President Biden healty/mental faculties/age and the generally negative perceptions of VP Harris's competence bring more attention to the VP picks this time around. And, while admittedly I'd like to see a Trump landslide, I think this race could still be close... so the VP pick may just matter.

Defintely a play to influence the race in the critical midweest swing states. He is youthful, and not a bad looking guy. My wife commented several times on the fact that he is the first candidate on the national ticket in a zillion years to have a full beard, and also how facial hair is back in style.

That youth and the fact that he had a tough go of it in his early life and his service in the Marines, I believe, makes him someone who can keep up with the pace of Trump from a physical work/mental energy standpoint. I think Trump has concluded that he will be loyal, and after Trumps first term, i think he (Trump) now has a concept of how backstabbing people in the DC circle of power can be. And, IMHO, Trump is looking for more than help with the campaign. I believe that he will expect more of VP Vance than to stand around in case something happens to him. Again youth and qualities brought out from his service in the Marines will be an asset here. Once on mission, I expect him bulldog whatever it is, for as long as it takes. Your 30's/early 40's is a prime time for making things happen through sheer force of will based upon your convictions. You havent had time to get real jaded or beat down into subscribing to the "this is the way things are, have been, and always will be" train of thought.

Vance as a pick is also right on message and follows a consitent theme that directly attacks the notion that the Republican party is simply the party of rich, white, racist, old men, and big corporations while the Democrat party is the party for youth protector/helper of blue collar America and minorities. Amber Rose and the Teamsters President , charlie Kirk {young), the frat bros ad the jewish students that got up on stage are in line with that. Additonally, like Amber Rose, he promotes the theme of an Anti Trumper who changed their minds.

Vance's family saga (poor, broken home, drug addicted mother, raised by granparents, joined the marines to escape..) should resinate with many. He has a degree from Yale, but you can't label him as priviledged. He definitely had a rougher start than either President Biden or Kamela or President Trump for that matter.

I dont think that it had a part in the calculus of selecting him, but it doen't hurt that Vance's wife, in addition to being a successful professional, is not lilly white. Her family only immigrated to the US in the 1980s.
Great call here 😆

@Willence What was that you were saying about Vance having a sharp mind for this?

Stuff he says is no crazier to you than the stuff Harris says is to me. We have different world views and different views of the role of government. One has a lot more historical precedence than the other but nevertheless, they are two different views.

That being said, I never felt he should have picked Vance. He's an albatross and his views are closer to Bernie Sanders than they are to a truly conservative viewpoint in terms of how the government/economy should work. He should have picked Youngkin all day long. In the end, VP picks rarely matter all that much. We'll see if this time is different.

The wildcard is the overtly lying media which is just out of control right now. Funny to me that people like you say you stand for truth but when it suits you, we hear nothing about the importance of honesty. Basically, it's only lying if it doesn't suit your agenda. Par for the course these days.

My goodness just inject this into my veins please 🤣🤣🤣

First of all, government should not be in the business of taxing behavior. He's on a very dangerous slope there with those comments in the way that he's saying it. However, from an economic standpoint, it is wise to tax people with kids far less than people without. We already do that with the child tax credit. I'm not sure why this is even an issue because it's something that is already in place.

Stuff he says is no crazier to you than the stuff Harris says is to me. We have different world views and different views of the role of government. One has a lot more historical precedence than the other but nevertheless, they are two different views.

That being said, I never felt he should have picked Vance. He's an albatross and his views are closer to Bernie Sanders than they are to a truly conservative viewpoint in terms of how the government/economy should work. He should have picked Youngkin all day long. In the end, VP picks rarely matter all that much. We'll see if this time is different.

The wildcard is the overtly lying media which is just out of control right now. Funny to me that people like you say you stand for truth but when it suits you, we hear nothing about the importance of honesty. Basically, it's only lying if it doesn't suit your agenda. Par for the course these days.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

First of all, government should not be in the business of taxing behavior. He's on a very dangerous slope there with those comments in the way that he's saying it. However, from an economic standpoint, it is wise to tax people with kids far less than people without. We already do that with the child tax credit. I'm not sure why this is even an issue because it's something that is already in place.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And there is your usual fruitful, educated, incisive, expert analysis that we've come to expect. I surmise you even lose arguments to yourself. :)
Doesn't everyone?

And I don't even pretend to take maga voters seriously anymore. I'm not legitimizing fascism as something like real political discourse.

Doesn't everyone?

And I don't even pretend to take maga voters seriously anymore. I'm not legitimizing fascism as something like real political discourse.

I am not MAGA in any way, shape or form. And it's not fascism anyway. You reveal so much about your level of ignorance with those kinds of statements. Have a nice afternoon. :)

Wait. I don't have kids, shouldn't I be taxed less since I am not using Education.

Reactions: okclem
This pick was so bad, it might cause Trump to lose this election, whereupon he will stand for numerous criminal trials, and then he will go to jail. He has everything riding on the election, that he is going to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT