ADVERTISEMENT

Venables

I listened to the entire interview last night. I thought Rencher did a great job. I can never get enough of BV. Tremendous praise for Clemson and how his time here helped to develop him into the coach he is today. We as tiger fans will certainly miss him but we have turned the page and are moving on. Go tigers.

I'm not quite sure where all the hate cones from in Rencher. He's not taking meaningful snaps from anyone lol. He has a podcast interviewing guys I'd think most would like to hear from. No different than listening to whatever your favorite podcast is. We should be supporting him on his future media endeavors as fellow Clemson followers. Honestly if you don't like him..JUST DONT PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm not quite sure where all the hate cones from in Rencher. He's not taking meaningful snaps from anyone lol. He has a podcast interviewing guys I'd think most would like to hear from. No different than listening to whatever your favorite podcast is. We should be supporting him on his future media endeavors as fellow Clemson followers. Honestly if you don't like him..JUST DONT PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON 🤷🏾‍♂️
jealousy i would suppose

Rencher’s dad came to Clemson to run track, all the way from St. Louis. He stuck around the area and brought up his family as proud Clemson fans.

Darien lived out his dream of putting on a Clemson uniform and has represented the university very well and continues to put high energy into everything he does. IMHO, he exemplifies what it means to be a part of the Clemson family.

The dad also grew up with Toriano Pride’s mom and I’m sure had some positive influence on his recruitment.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but do plan to.

One question I have is why did Nathaniel Joseph mention Oklahoma was still pursuing him? I really thought Venables would make Joseph off-limits to their recruiters given that Joseph has been a solid Clemson commitment so long. That doesn't seem appropriate to me.

I don’t get it either. He clearly has career aspirations in media and he’s doing an excellent job of creating his own platform and brand while gaining valuable experience. Good for him.

I genuinely don’t understand the Rencher hate that I’ve seen on this board. You guys are weird.

I think its mostly people being afraid Rencher is going to ask a question or say something that may make Clemson or Dabo look bad. Dabo takes a lot of heat for things like NIL and racism. People are just afraid of something coming out or being mentioned that the press or enemy recruiters can jump on.

Exhibit A: https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/rencher-has-a-point.236520/#post-4836745

Last edited:
I think its mostly people being afraid Rencher is going to ask a question or say something that may make Clemson or Dabo look bad. Dabo takes a lot of heat for things like NIL and racism. People are just afraid of something coming out or being mentioned that the press or enemy recruiters can jump on
dabo takes a lot of heat for racism?

He sure did for the Pearman incident, his comments about BLM, and for wearing a Football Matters t-shirt. All of them were blown out of portion by some in the media.
exactly. let me talk. meanwhile black men come to coach and play for him.

I genuinely don’t understand the Rencher hate that I’ve seen on this board. You guys are weird.

He is/was a distraction to the team.

see what @cufan1 said below. Also all of the posts about UGA & OSU using racism against Clemson. the last couple of years
people are gonna talk. the man isn’t racist. he is just genuine. what you’re asking him to do is not be himself for fear of people talking. that’s a shitty way to live imo

Last edited:
people are gonna talk. the man isn’t racist. he is just genuine. what you’re asking him to do is not be himself for fear of people talking. that’s a shitty way to live imo
I'm not asking Dabo to do anything and definitely would never say he was racist. All I did was answer the question why so many on here hate Rencher or at least hate his blog.

Reactions: dposton
Seems Rencher was part of the problem last year or so getting players away from being focused on winning football championships.
And yet Dabo, Brent, and Trevor think highly enough of him to take time out of their busy schedules to be interviewed by him. I would think that all three of these men are pretty good judges of his character having been around Rencher for at least 4-6 years.

Last edited:
I have listened to the first half of the Venables interview and what I heard was a guy that asked questions and allowed his guest the freedom and time to answer the questions thoroughly. Rencher did not interrupt Brent and just allowed him to talk. It was not me this and me that. It was about his guest.

I don't understand the hate from some of you. Here we have a 24 year old Clemson grad (2 degrees now I believe) who is trying to make it in the sports media world. He interned and the people he interned with suggested he start a podcast with the platform he has. Here are some other things about him that I personally find to be very impressive:

earned degree in psychology in December 2020 … five-time ACC Honor Roll selection (2016-20) … completed microinternships with Adobe in 2017, Cisco in 2018 and the National Football League in 2019 … named as the 2021 Community MVP for Clemson as nominated by Dabo Swinney at the South Carolina Coaches for Charity event benefiting the Fisher DeBerry Foundation.

Yea the hate is wierd to me as well. Seems like he’s very smart about what he’s doing post graduation. People are obviously listening to what he says.

I think this is a new age athlete thing. For some reason people don’t like when athletes use their platform for monetary gain that’s not directly football or to express their opinions on social issues. Part of that is probably just being an athlete in the social media age with a lot of keyboard warriors but at the end of the day you can just not listen, don’t understand why he all of sudden has derailed our program and is hated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT