ADVERTISEMENT

Venables

Rencher = Daniel Rodriguez 2.0
As stated above I have never listened to ang of his podcast so maybe I’m missing something but hasn’t he always been thought of as a great leader on the team? Are people upset he has a podcast? I don’t get it.

As stated above I have never listened to ang of his podcast so maybe I’m missing something but hasn’t he always been thought of as a great leader on the team? Are people upset he has a podcast? I don’t get it.

He's black... That's it. They won't say it, but they didn't like that he was a leader for the Black Lives Matter movement at Clemson.

See the 40 acres and a mule comment from above....

He sure did for the Pearman incident, his comments about BLM, and for wearing a Football Matters t-shirt. All of them were blown out of portion by some in the media.

We are paranoid about everything that has every happened or been said to happen for which we get bad press. EVERYONE in the football spotlight gets some bad press. We just love to roll around in our own bad press.

Dabo has had a lot of excellent 'racial' press more than a few times. Pearman and the N-word was bad press. All of us know who Dabo is and what our program is like. Yet not everyone loves us and many want to see us fail. Forget Pearman. Most everyone else in America has forgotten him.

FWIW, in my mind all the Rencher bashing on TI strikes me, an old white man from SC, as having distinctly unpleasant racial overtones. Rencher roomed with TL, he and TL remain good friends. Rencher was a walk on who played for us. Rencher is a legacy, second generation Tiger. He's swallowed a lot of our koolaid for a long long time. If he succeeds in his efforts for a media career, his success will be a positive for Clemson.

Beats the heck out of me why some Clemson people like to bash him. The obvious answer to my question is clear; I hope it's wrong.

He's black... That's it. They won't say it, but they didn't like that he was a leader for the Black Lives Matter movement at Clemson.

See the 40 acres and a mule comment from above....
Yikes...

That's a bold assumption and pretty irresponsible to just easily throw out there as fact.

Yikes...

That's a bold assumption and pretty irresponsible to just easily throw out there as fact.

I wasn't the one who referred to him wanting 40 acres and a mule.

I would like to hear specific reasons why people don't like Darren Rencher. It's always vague comments about how he is "trouble-making" " needs to just be quiet" " not bring up race".

Last edited:
I wasn't the one who referred to him wanting 40 acres and a mule.

I would like to hear specific reasons why people don't like Darren Rencher. It's always vague comments about how he is "trouble-making" " needs to just be quiet" " not bring up race".
Some of it is becuase of what BLM actually is. What it is not, is a charity. It is a political fund raising organization that has donated the vast majority of money its raised to radical far left candidates. It founders are publicly admitted trained marxists coming out of an organization called Liberation Road- an American arm of the Chinese Communist Party.. It’s founders have skipped town with millions in their own pockets. There is no leadership right now and they have been banned from taking donations in many states.They have not submitted audit documents showing where the donations have gone or how much they have received in quite a while. Its mission statement includes the eradication of free market capitalism and the Constitution. It calls for reparations from people who never owned slaves to people who were never slaves.

Many don’t know this, but if you do, you’re gonna be upset to see ignorant people supporting something so corrupt and anti freedom and un-American.

as for bringing up race, go watch some interviews with Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington, Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell, Allen West or a hundred other blacks about it and you’ll understand that it’s not just white people who are sick of having race injected into every single public issue.
I personally think Darius is a tremendous guy but misinformed, misguided and perhaps hasnt lived enough or read the right people yet to see where we really are as a society or what BLM actually is and stands for.

Orlando Patterson PHD of sociology at Harvard, studied race relations in over sixty countries for decades. He’s a black liberal democrat. He said America is the least racist white majority country in the world and blacks have it better here now than anywhere at any time in human history. But you won’t find that anywhere in the media or pretty much any public university and that’s a huge part of the problem.
America has far and away the largest wealthiest black middle class and exponentially more black millionaires. It has more self made immigrant millionaires than the rest of the world combined. People understand some of this and are sick of being lied to and dont want to listen to another person regurgitating the same tired fallacies.
Darius also spoke out at a particularly tense time when dozens of cities were burning, many were black neighborhoods where BLM did nothing but protest. I also think there are some dumb people here who have some racist attitudes but most are just fed up and reactionary.
I hope this helps your understanding

Some of it is becuase of what BLM actually is. What it is not, is a charity. It is a political fund raising organization that has donated the vast majority of money its raised to radical far left candidates. It founders are publicly admitted trained marxists coming out of an organization called Liberation Road- an American arm of the Chinese Communist Party.. It’s founders have skipped town with millions in their own pockets. There is no leadership right now and they have been banned from taking donations in many states.They have not submitted audit documents showing where the donations have gone or how much they have received in quite a while. Its mission statement includes the eradication of free market capitalism and the Constitution. It calls for reparations from people who never owned slaves to people who were never slaves.

Many don’t know this, but if you do, you’re gonna be upset to see ignorant people supporting something so corrupt and anti freedom and un-American.

as for bringing up race, go watch some interviews with Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington, Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell, Allen West or a hundred other blacks about it and you’ll understand that it’s not just white people who are sick of having race injected into every single public issue.
I personally think Darius is a tremendous guy but misinformed, misguided and perhaps hasnt lived enough or read the right people yet to see where we really are as a society or what BLM actually is and stands for.

Orlando Patterson PHD of sociology at Harvard, studied race relations in over sixty countries for decades. He’s a black liberal democrat. He said America is the least racist white majority country in the world and blacks have it better here now than anywhere at any time in human history. But you won’t find that anywhere in the media or pretty much any public university and that’s a huge part of the problem.
America has far and away the largest wealthiest black middle class and exponentially more black millionaires. It has more self made immigrant millionaires than the rest of the world combined. People understand some of this and are sick of being lied to and dont want to listen to another person regurgitating the same tired fallacies.
Darius also spoke out at a particularly tense time when dozens of cities were burning, many were black neighborhoods where BLM did nothing but protest. I also think there are some dumb people here who have some racist attitudes but most are just fed up and reactionary.
Our Time, our country and our social/political situations will not improve until people start looking out for other people more than themselves.

Simple.

If it's all about me and what I can get........ there you go.

If you'd like, I can provide many, many year old documentation.
DM me.

the overwhelming majority of black people don't support or give a damn about BLM the organization but instead mean exactly what they say when they say black lives matter.

I'm not quite sure where all the hate cones from in Rencher. He's not taking meaningful snaps from anyone lol. He has a podcast interviewing guys I'd think most would like to hear from. No different than listening to whatever your favorite podcast is. We should be supporting him on his future media endeavors as fellow Clemson followers. Honestly if you don't like him..JUST DONT PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON 🤷🏾‍♂️

This fanbase has issues. The kid supports Clemson, takes leadership responsibilities, takes full advantage of the opportunities presented to him, graduates, etc... Just some salty dirtbags I tell you.

This fanbase has issues. The kid supports Clemson, takes leadership responsibilities, takes full advantage of the opportunities presented to him, graduates, etc... Just some salty dirtbags I tell you.

I'm just saying from the outside looking in that Rencher looked more focused on social stuff than winning football.

It was a distraction whether you think so or not.

I'm just saying from the outside looking in that Rencher looked more focused on social stuff than winning football.

It was a distraction whether you think so or not.

Your opinion is that it was a distraction... Was Trevor Lawrence a distraction? He was side by side with Rencher on the march and is a very close friend.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this is racist. Blame your BLM, not sure why you are mentioning Antifa, other than to shift attention.

Your opinion is that it was a distraction... Was Trevor Lawrence a distraction? He was side by side with Rencher on the march and is a very close friend.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this is racist. Blame your BLM, not sure why you are mentioning Antifa, other than to shift attention.

Both groups were involved in terrorism on American soil.

Many small business owners in blue controlled cities will testify to this fact.

When did Rencher raise money for the BLM organization? Sounds like an excuse to hate what you can’t control… this man is living life on his terms. Took a leadership role in bringing attention to issues of equality and equity two years ago, won a national spirit award, graduated with two degrees, and y’all treat him like he looted the Clemson Walmart… GTFOH

When did Rencher raise money for the BLM organization? Sounds like an excuse to hate what you can’t control… this man is living life on his terms. Took a leadership role in bringing attention to issues of equality and equity two years ago, won a national spirit award, graduated with two degrees, and y’all treat him like he looted the Clemson Walmart… GTFOH

I'm not anti Rencher at all.

He is a Clemson guy and would help him with anything outside the BLM movement.

Think I hate the guy because we disagree on how to handle social issues?

I'd have a beer with him anytime.

Why does everyone think it's either love or hate completely.

Weird?

I'm not anti Rencher at all.

He is a Clemson guy and would help him with anything outside the BLM movement.

Think I hate the guy because we disagree on how to handle social issues?

I'd have a beer with him anytime.

Why does everyone think it's either love or hate completely.

Weird?

My issue isn't with you specifically, just with the hate he gets on this site.

As stated above, he's a great example of what Dabo Swinney wants from hsi program, but he gets hate from many "fans" because he had the audacity to be a smart, socially active black man.

I would love for someone to give me some specific examples of what they don't like about Rencher that doesn't use BLM to explain away their racism.

My issue isn't with you specifically, just with the hate he gets on this site.

As stated above, he's a great example of what Dabo Swinney wants from hsi program, but he gets hate from many "fans" because he had the audacity to be a smart, socially active black man.

I would love for someone to give me some specific examples of what they don't like about Rencher that doesn't use BLM to explain away their racism.

See you think I'm racist because I'm anti BLM.

That's what's wrong with BLM.

They want you to think you are racist because you don't support them terrorizing small businesses and customers.

People using the BLM banner has committed terroristic activities.

It's on video. You can't hide from it.

And I've never heard a BLM spokesperson come out and speak against the movements peeps committing these acts.

It's not racist to not support BLM.

Reactions: tigerworx
See you think I'm racist because I'm anti BLM.

That's what's wrong with BLM.

They want you to think you are racist because you don't support them terrorizing small businesses and customers.

People using the BLM banner has committed terroristic activities.

It's on video. You can't hide from it.

And I've never heard a BLM spokesperson come out and speak against the movements peeps committing these acts.

It's not racist to not support BLM.

Again, not saying anything about the BLM Organization, just commenting about this individual Clemson Alumnus.

For the record, I know many people who referred to Black Lives Matter without having any connection to the organization. For many (most) they aren't the same thing. I have never seen anything from Rencher espousing or collecting funds for the BLM movement.

Reactions: dpic73 and allinjay
Again, not saying anything about the BLM Organization, just commenting about this individual Clemson Alumnus.

For the record, I know many people who referred to Black Lives Matter without having any connection to the organization. For many (most) they aren't the same thing. I have never seen anything from Rencher espousing or collecting funds for the BLM movement.
Black lives do matter.

Reactions: appalachiatiger
Darrin Rencher ... love your leadership and have subscribed to your pod cast. Thank you for being a Tiger and football player. I appreciate your voice at Clemson during BLM and continuing the message, Your life has prepared you for this and your are a gifted speaker and should do well in anything you decide to do. Haters gonna hate but don't let then alter your course or attitude about life. Always a fan of you and Clemson.

Just realized…without Rencher fighting against inequality…we may never have signed a white RB. Guess he’s an ok dude after all…

Just realized…without Rencher fighting against inequality…we may never have signed a white RB. Guess he’s an ok dude after all…
You felt discriminated against because the white head coach never found a good enough white RB to put on scholarship until two years ago?

Tell me again how pissed you are that Tillman Hall is now back to being called Old Main…

we had that former pro baseball player who was gonna play RB for us before he quit before the fall season like 7 years ago.

still remember the spring game where he had a couple of nice runs against the walkons

I like you as a poster but this is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen you post.

I don't have time for this. I have some Russian @$$ to kick while you guys are busy trashing American citizens.
Nixon did the same bullcrap calling Civil rights groups terrorists. If you want to find some go to Easter Washington and Idaho. Oh wait these jack@$$es bumrushed the nation's capital they might be busy planning another actual terrorist act.. FOH...

Reactions: allinjay and dpic73
I like you as a poster but this is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen you post.

I don't have time for this. I have some Russian @$$ to kick while you guys are busy trashing American citizens.
Nixon did the same bullcrap calling Civil rights groups terrorists. If you want to find some go to Easter Washington and Idaho. Oh wait these jack@$$es bumrushed the nation's capital they might be busy planning another actual terrorist act.. FOH...

I don't know.

If you look up Webster or Collins or Britannica or Google s definition terrorism-

It's exactly what ANTIFA and BLM were doing

There is that.

Reactions: tigerworx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT