ADVERTISEMENT

Was Clemson Football used as a political prop?

CU_TrialLawyer

Valles Marineris
Nov 28, 2015
The whole evening seems to be more about the food choice due to the shutdown.

If I recall, the trip is usually in the Spring. Why the rush a week after the game? So strange.

Dabo’s Speech was pure class. But everyone is talking about cold hamburgers.

Unless somebody from the Clemson side said they want to hurry up and get it over with. Not sure if we can get any confirmation on that, or if it even matters.

Every team WH visit from every sport ever has been used as a political prop. Why else would they have occurred? So the answer to your question is “of course”.

I’m glad they did it early. If you wait two months you have tons of time to get opinions from everybody on the team. Are you going? Do you think the team should go? Why not? Etc etc etc. Certainly there was political capital to be won last night but as others have said, that’s the only reason they do these White House invites. Everybody looks good taking a picture with a winner. As always, Dabo and the team made the most of it.

OP, Is your post a political prop?

If your anti-Trump, you find the smallest reasons to criticize him. This seems like a profoundly small reason to criticize or even bring it up, when we have so much positive to focus on. We just won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and you're talking about hamburgers.

The time to go to the White House is when your invited. The White House has bigger things to consider than when a football teams visits.

The way you stated that Clemson Football was "used" is supposed to invoke vitriol from Clemson fans. You even added that the menu was tied to the "shutdown" and that the hamburgers were "cold". We get it!

Joke of a president....Would anybody on this board serve fast food to a guest at your home if you were worth 100’s of Millions???? Serious question.

Reactions: KansasClemson215

If I recall, the trip is usually in the Spring. Why the rush a week after the game? So strange.

Please stop

The world will be a better place if this stops

Reactions: Orange&Purple
Trump and his staff most definitely used the team as a pawn in their battle for The Wall. The funny part is that this is the same administration that had a problem with Colin Kaepernick using his platform for equality.

Sure it was and I say that as someone ambivalent about Trump. Its smart politics, to show that the White House being shut down means no staff for big parties meanwhile he was talking about the Democrats being on vacation from Washington.

Reactions: 1Clemson
It kills me how people on this board and social media are losing their minds over this. When did we become so mentally weak that we can’t appreciate a national championship team in the Oval Office, instead of being triggered to the max by the current POTUS? I didn’t vote for Hillary or Obama but I’d have zero issue with our guys being recognized by either. It truly is pathetic.

Trump and his staff most definitely used the team as a pawn in their battle for The Wall. The funny part is that this is the same administration that had a problem with Colin Kaepernick using his platform for equality.

He needs Clemson football to get his wall? Interesting

Reactions: BHSRebels89
It kills me how people on this board and social media are losing their minds over this. When did we become so mentally weak that we can’t appreciate a national championship team in the Oval Office, instead of being triggered to the max by the current POTUS? I didn’t vote for Hillary or Obama but I’d have zero issue with our guys being recognized by either. It truly is pathetic.

Bro you know it’s 2019 right.....no matter the occasion people will be offended by something....always looking to bitch and moan..

I think getting in and out quick was Dabo trying to stay apolitical and avoid any media shenanigans. Almost worked too.

Trump and his staff most definitely used the team as a pawn in their battle for The Wall. The funny part is that this is the same administration that had a problem with Colin Kaepernick using his job in the NFL to disparage police officers in this wonderful country we live in.
FIFY and I think Trump shoulda stayed out of it FTR. CK alienated too many people with his approach and it took away too much for many to hear his message which I think was legitimate although I never heard him talk much about it.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Way better press for us for the visit to be marred by controversy about cold cheeseburgers than for no one to be talking about it at all.

Joke of a president....Would anybody on this board serve fast food to a guest at your home if you were worth 100’s of Millions???? Serious question.
Ain't nothing wrong with a Quarter Pound Cheeseburger from McD's....

Sure it was and I say that as someone ambivalent about Trump. Its smart politics, to show that the White House being shut down means no staff for big parties meanwhile he was talking about the Democrats being on vacation from Washington.

Guarantee if the WH had a meal fit for a King prepared for the Tigers, the outcry would have been the Administration used Govt money when on a shutdown to cook a meal for a Football team. People with agenda's will complain about anything.

Joke of a president....Would anybody on this board serve fast food to a guest at your home if you were worth 100’s of Millions???? Serious question.[/QUOT

The stupidity of some on this board is beyond belief...do you see an evil conspiracy in everything ?...Clemson won a national title and were invited to the White House...they were served food these guys probably eat every day...i doubt anyone held a gun to the Clemson Athletic Dept. and forced anyone to go who was worried about being used as a political pawn...i didn't see anybody there whining about the food...they won and were invited and fed...that's all it was...i wish some of you were as smart as you thought you were...

Ain't nothing wrong with a Quarter Pound Cheeseburger from McD's....

Guarantee if the WH had a meal fit for a King prepared for the Tigers, the outcry would have been the Administration used Govt money when on a shutdown to cook a meal for a Football team. People with agenda's will complain about anything.

I don't disagree with either but if there was no shutdown you can't tell me the Tigers would have been there this weekend or that they would have eaten Burgers and Fries. Again politics is optics and having the sports teams there is optics for any president and an honor regardless for those that go to the White House.

100% yes.

I mean look at the troll memes coming out

uMZYhUb.png

Reactions: Rychek4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT