ADVERTISEMENT

We’re about to lose out on one of the greatest Clemson teams ever

I’m still hoping you’re wrong but I’ve realized there is a faction in this country and even a few on this board that are intent on destroying the fabric of our country and society in order to win an election in November.

There hasn't been a single hospitalization in college sports due to Covid 19. Yet people are still posting drivel about positive tests that are mostly asymptomatic.

Why can’t headlines read “despite increase in positive cases younger healthier people still largely unaffected” ?

Then couple that with a decision to keep older and susceptible people away from the games?

Why isn’t anyone talking about the athletes that will lose out? Why isn’t anyone talking about jobs lost? Why isn’t anyone talking about sports programs being canceled? Qualk went on an epic rant Friday on WCCP about all of the people that will lose jobs and livelihoods if college football isn’t played. Who is speaking for them?

Decisions to shut down schools, sports, and educational Opportunities disproportionately hurt black and low income people. Why isn’t anyone saying that?

Last edited:
I’m still hoping you’re wrong but I’ve realized there is a faction in this country and even a few on this board that are intent on destroying the fabric of our country and society in order to win an election in November.

There hasn't been a single hospitalization in college sports due to Covid 19. Yet people are still posting drivel about positive tests that are mostly asymptomatic.

Why can’t headlines read “despite increase in positive cases younger healthier people still largely unaffected” ?

Then couple that with a decision to keep older and susceptible people away from the games?

Why isn’t anyone talking about the athletes that will lose out? Why is t anyone talking about jobs lost? Why isn’t anyone talking about sports programs being canceled? Qualk went on an epic rant Friday on WCCP about all of the people that will lose jobs and livelihoods if college football isn’t played. Who is speaking for them?

Decisions to shut down schools, sports, and educational Opportunities disproportionately hurt black and low income people. Why isn’t anyone saying that?

People are talking about all those things. I'm not sure who Qualk is but I'm guessing someone in the media with a public audience. BTW, every discussion I have heard about revenue sports being cancelled, shortened, or delayed has focused on how it impacts smaller schools and non-revenue sports. Mentioning local economies reliant on fall sports hasn't been highlighted as much, but it's been mentioned. WRT football, I think the concern is not so much the players who may be asymptomatic but the fans and support staff who will all be older. Football without fans may be realistic but I see no way to do it safely with fans in the stands.

Why isn’t anyone talking about the athletes that will lose out? Why is t anyone talking about jobs lost? Why isn’t anyone talking about sports programs being canceled? Qualk went on an epic rant Friday on WCCP about all of the people that will lose jobs and livelihoods if college football isn’t played. Who is speaking for them?

I’m telling you something you already know....

The media controls the narrative. The left controls the media. This is the left’s last chance to out President Trump before November. The left is all in on this, despite the consequences. This is all there is to it.

When President Trump wins again, the karma will be on full display.

I think plenty of people are speaking out on these things...otherwise schools wouldn't be trying so hard to have a season.

School and sports need to happen this fall. However, all necessary precautions need to take place... including masks indoors, social distancing of the staff and those at risk, abundant testing, and likely reduced fans.

The regionalization and conference only games doesn't make any sense to me though...

People are talking about all those things. I'm not sure who Qualk is but I'm guessing someone in the media with a public audience. BTW, every discussion I have heard about revenue sports being cancelled, shortened, or delayed has focused on how it impacts smaller schools and non-revenue sports. Mentioning local economies reliant on fall sports hasn't been highlighted as much, but it's been mentioned. WRT football, I think the concern is not so much the players who may be asymptomatic but the fans and support staff who will all be older. Football without fans may be realistic but I see no way to do it safely with fans in the stands.

Fans can happen, but it wont be easy. Only families can be within 6 feet of each other, masks indoors, waivers signed from the school, security enforcing limits to concession and bathroom lines, etc.

I suspect many will choose not to go to the games with these restrictions, but enough will go.

I’m telling you something you already know....

The media controls the narrative. The left controls the media. This is the left’s last chance to out President Trump before November. The left is all in on this, despite the consequences. This is all there is to it.

When President Trump wins again, the karma will be on full display.
The national media didn't cause 130,000 and counting people to die. The national media didn't cause the U.S. with 4% of the world's population to have 25% of the world's coronavirus cases, The national media didn't cause our country to ignore the virus for the first two months. The national media didn't politicize the wearing of masks. Trump made a huge tactical error when he refused to believe the science of the pandemic because it didn't match his view of having a strong economy for the election in November. Had he looked and acted presidential when this thing started he would have been unbeatable. Now the virus is so widespread that it can't be contained and it will lead to his humiliation in November.

The national media didn't cause 130,000 and counting people to die. The national media didn't cause the U.S. with 4% of the world's population to have 25% of the world's coronavirus cases, The national media didn't cause our country to ignore the virus for the first two months. The national media didn't politicize the wearing of masks. Trump made a huge tactical error when he refused to believe the science of the pandemic because it didn't match his view of having a strong economy for the election in November. Had he looked and acted presidential when this thing started he would have been unbeatable. Now the virus is so widespread that it can't be contained and it will lead to his humiliation in November.
If you think that the rest of the world is accurately reporting the number of cases, I'm not sure what to tell you. And Trump handling this wrong just because we have a lot of positive tests is your opinion. Please don't pass that on as fact. Refresh my memory, who exactly is dying from this? Old people, people that were close to dying anyway, etc. And when did liberals start worrying so much about the sanctity of life? This seems to be a recent phenomenon

You just outed yourself in your last sentence. The media has injected steroids into a novel common cold/flu. It’s so cliche for you to believe that many died from solely CV19. Think for yourself, please.

The problem with the national media is they way they report. They make you think the 130,000 covid deaths are because of the virus. A lot of these people died from other causes but were tested positive for covid.

If you go to the hospital for an elected surgery you put off during the pandemic and they test you for the virus and you test positive, you are now a covid19 hospitalized patient. Doesn’t matter that you are asymptomatic. How many people are hospitalized because of the virus and not just test positive? That’s what I’d like to know.

The more I think about it the more I believe this is to keep Biden , who has dementia, from debating Trump. Most of the news media is slanted to the left

giphy.gif

If you think that the rest of the world is accurately reporting the number of cases, I'm not sure what to tell you. And Trump handling this wrong just because we have a lot of positive tests is your opinion. Please don't pass that on as fact. Refresh my memory, who exactly is dying from this? Old people, people that were close to dying anyway, etc. And when did liberals start worrying so much about the sanctity of life? This seems to be a recent phenomenon

Come on man. 40k normal die for flu a year. 80k was a record a couple of years ago. While I agree COVID did not kill a lot of these folks (years of poor health), it did speed it up.

I am a republican and not happy with the way the media is handling this, but it is more serious then you make out to be.

With that said, they should play football this fall. Those that cannot test, sorry.

Why couldn’t this shit happen back in 2005 when we sucked ass???

2019 was pegged as a rebuilding year and we made the natty... missing out on Trevor’s Junior year and Etienne’s surprise decision to come back to school just sucks.

*sigh*
If this happened in 2005, we wouldn’t be here now!

2019 was pegged as a rebuilding year and we made the natty... missing out on Trevor’s Junior year and Etienne’s surprise decision to come back to school just sucks.

*sigh*
Liberals ruin everything

We’ve actually had a larger number of people as a % of the country’s population die from an infectious disease without the media being in hysterics about it and without shutting down sports, schools, or the entire economy. In 1968 the year of Woodstock, riots, assassinations, protests and the like we had a Pandemic far worse than this one. We had college sports and we didn’t shutdown schools.

The media didn’t cause the pandemic but they have caused irrational fear related to it.

It’s sad that many have died but average age of death with Covid is 81 which exceeds the average life expectancy of 77 in this country. Let that sink in.

In no way shape or form should we be debating the health of college athletes with this virus. We can debate how best to protect the elderly and to keep them away from college games but we should not be debating whether to have the games or not. That debate is due to the fear mongering of the media intent on creating an atmosphere of fear and chaos in the public eye.

Why isn’t anyone talking about the athletes that will lose out? Why isn’t anyone talking about jobs lost? Why isn’t anyone talking about sports programs being canceled? Qualk went on an epic rant Friday on WCCP about all of the people that will lose jobs and livelihoods if college football isn’t played. Who is speaking for them?

You can bet your ass if Biden wins the narrative will change to how many people get it but show no symptoms. The extremely low dearh rate will be touted.

The problem with the national media is they way they report. They make you think the 130,000 covid deaths are because of the virus. A lot of these people died from other causes but were tested positive for covid.

If you go to the hospital for an elected surgery you put off during the pandemic and they test you for the virus and you test positive, you are now a covid19 hospitalized patient. Doesn’t matter that you are asymptomatic. How many people are hospitalized because of the virus and not just test positive? That’s what I’d like to know.

This bit sounds rehearsed over and over but is utterly false. Over testing does not explain 130,000 deaths. Asymptomatic cases who died of "other" causes does not explain 130,000 deaths.

And what do you even mean by other causes? Do you REALLY understand what that means? Most people ultimately die from cardiac arrest or hypoxia in the majority of disease processes, including something like the flu. Are the saying that flu deaths should be 0 because they didn't die from the virus? What about those who had heart disease to begin with? Because they were at increased risk from heart disease, you can't claim that the virus killed them?

There is no conspiracy to attribute every death to coronavirus. There are smaller hospital systems that receive a higher payout for a covid related death, but that is due to a systemic problem in the way healthcare is run in this country. These are the very same hospitals that have been forced to stop their elective surgeries and thus halting the vast majority of their revenue. What other choice do they have?

This coronavirus causes blood clots in every part of the body, causes hypoxia, causes inflammation of the heart leading to heart rhythm problems, etc. It can kill you in many different ways.

man woody

i remember CNN and MSNBC was all over China, WHO, and the CDC.

they gave those 3 hell and trump just ignored those 2 networks among others for 2 whole more months.

We should have listen to them and shut down 2 months earlier huh?

I think we had Xenophobia? THats what the press called it.

PResident Trump refuses to acknowledge the deadly virus due to his xenophobia.

i remember that.

Reactions: 1983Grad

if you believe all those numbers are factual then you’re, how shall I say, “gullible”.

Yea I’m sure the media fueled riots had nothing to do with the virus coming back so strong.

Oh my, your truth is going to rustle a lot of right wingers! Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner, complained about people who refuse to wear masks and socially distance themselves. Guy would be crucified on TI for those thoughts!

Reactions: DecemberGrad
This bit sounds rehearsed over and over but is utterly false. Over testing does not explain 130,000 deaths. Asymptomatic cases who died of "other" causes does not explain 130,000 deaths.

And what do you even mean by other causes? Do you REALLY understand what that means? Most people ultimately die from cardiac arrest or hypoxia in the majority of disease processes, including something like the flu. Are the saying that flu deaths should be 0 because they didn't die from the virus? What about those who had heart disease to begin with? Because they were at increased risk from heart disease, you can't claim that the virus killed them?

There is no conspiracy to attribute every death to coronavirus. There are smaller hospital systems that receive a higher payout for a covid related death, but that is due to a systemic problem in the way healthcare is run in this country. These are the very same hospitals that have been forced to stop their elective surgeries and thus halting the vast majority of their revenue. What other choice do they have?

This coronavirus causes blood clots in every part of the body, causes hypoxia, causes inflammation of the heart leading to heart rhythm problems, etc. It can kill you in many different ways.
Your missing the point. The media wants you to think 130,000 healthy people caught the virus and died. Every time they mention a child died of the virus they want you to think the child was healthy before they caught COVID-19. If you do your homework you usually find out the child had an underlining health condition. Why does the media report this way? Do they have an agenda? If the media reported differently would we continue to lock down our economy?

You make some good points. Maybe the virus was the tipping point for all these 130k deaths. How many deaths from old age could be related to catching a cold/ flu, but weren’t tested? If we tested the flu at the same rate COVID-19 is tested would the results show that we need to keep the economy locked down every year.

You do realize that if someone dies in a car wreck that was infected with covid, that it gets counted as a covid death, right? If you have cancer and are given 2 weeks to live then contract covid during that time, guess what cause of death is? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not cancer. The 130,000 deaths is so exaggerated and inaccurate that it is sickening.

*sigh*
You’re 100% correct

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT