ADVERTISEMENT

Weed 7: CBD Oil Heaven

What do you suggest CBD-wise for insomnia?
I would search for an indica dominant strain of hemp if you are looking for flower. CBD oil will generally do the trick pretty well, however they are a good bit more costly than the raw flowers/plant. If you do decide to try out CBD oil, keep in mind that you will need at least 500mg strength in order to achieve any sort of beneficial effects (and 500mg bottles of CBD oil will generally cost around $60ish and the price goes up as the concentration goes up...$100ish for 1000mg and $150ish for 1500mg strength). You will find plenty of stuff at various places for $20 -$40 but they will generally be 100mg-300mg strength and you likely won't notice any benefits at all at those low concentrations. Hope this helps...

I sell hemp/CBD flower right downtown in Clemson (at the Zen Den)...it can most definitely be smoked. I also carry the oils, waxes (for dabbing or vaporizing), lotions, and CBD Juul pods. I sell vastly more CBD/hemp flower than I do anything else, and it is most definitely smoked. I usually have 3-4 different varieties/strains of hemp flower available at any given time.
Zen Den rules! #customer

Reactions: tiger-chuck
Also, the hemp/CBD flower that is legal is the exact same thing as marijuana, the growers have simply selectively bred the THC out of the plant and focused on breeding higher levels of CBDs (which are the primary medicinal compounds within the plant). Your standard marijuana will be high in THC and relatively low in CBD...the hemp flower being produced simply flips the script. It is also very different from industrial hemp, although it can be classified as such because it falls below the .3% THC threshold required under federal law.

Last time I was at the head shop the guy gave me a big CBD nug. I couldn't believe it looks and smells exactly like pot. I didn't feel anything from smoking it by itself but it was a much different story when I sprinkled it in with a little crack.

I would search for an indica dominant strain of hemp if you are looking for flower. CBD oil will generally do the trick pretty well, however they are a good bit more costly than the raw flowers/plant. If you do decide to try out CBD oil, keep in mind that you will need at least 500mg strength in order to achieve any sort of beneficial effects (and 500mg bottles of CBD oil will generally cost around $60ish and the price goes up as the concentration goes up...$100ish for 1000mg and $150ish for 1500mg strength). You will find plenty of stuff at various places for $20 -$40 but they will generally be 100mg-300mg strength and you likely won't notice any benefits at all at those low concentrations. Hope this helps...

Thank you sir.

Nope. Wrong. We just had our department update at the medschool on marijuana. No medical use for thc. Cbd “May” allow a lower dose of traditional medicine in dravett seizure disorder. Y’all just use it recreationally for escapism and quit calling it medicine. Even the clone strains of gorilla glue, moon rocks, white widow, sour diesel and whatever loud/gas y’all use do not have consistent thx or cbd levels and the strains are cloned. That would be like saying “take 10-20 units of insulin and hope for the best. Epidiolex just makes people angry and I have seen several kids with seizures and special needs get worse. I realize people love it but again just push for recreational legalization 23 years and older and leave the medical part out. Under 23 years old has been shown to lower IQ on average 8 points permanently according to the duke study in New Zealand FYI. Let the bashing of me begin and thanks for reading! I hope somebody learned something. If not checkout drug abuse.gov for accurate information on the subject.

The kind of responses you get to this kind of evidence is what bothers me about the movement for legalization and for medicinal marijuana. People ought to at least acknowledge that there are problems with marijuana, and that they think legalization is worth the risk. Instead, they make lots of wild claims about how beneficial marijuana is, and indulge conspiracy theories intended to dismiss anything they don’t like.

Reactions: unkle rico
The kind of responses you get to this kind of evidence is what bothers me about the movement for legalization and for medicinal marijuana. People ought to at least acknowledge that there are problems with marijuana, and that they think legalization is worth the risk. Instead, they make lots of wild claims about how beneficial marijuana is, and indulge conspiracy theories intended to dismiss anything they don’t like.

You are one naive dude.

Reactions: rollcall2daball
A few things: some of which has been addressed.

Marijuana and CBD are two completely different things even thought they are both derived from the cannabis plant. One is the Marijuana(not technical) plant and the other is the Hemp plant. The Marijuana plant produces THC(makes you high) the hemp plant produces CBD(does not). Both plants can produce trace amounts of the chemical desired in the other.

The highest and purist grade CBD oil has no THC in it and the people whom use it for medicinal purposes do not want the THC. In fact CBD grade hemp is tested throughout the growing and processing process and if it is found to have more than .03% THC content it is considered flawed and is usually destroyed in areas where pot is illegal. There are now strains with 0% THC

CBD has been found to help with the issues below along with a number of other ailments. Again the purest form of CDB has no psychoactive properties and looks to be on the threshold of being useful in a number of different ways. What it wont be useful for is getting you high. It was legalized by the most recent farm Bill last year so it covers most of the concerns you mention below.

The biggest relief of course is with those with the severe epileptic seizures and a dramatic reduction in frequency.

as a side note one of the most successful Hemp farmers in South Carolina is our own Danny Ford.

And the hits just keep coming... Showing what an absolutely moronic stance our very own FDA is taking by keeping Marijuana as a Schedule I drug (No acceptable medical uses).

Clinical Study in the American Journal of Psychiatry suggests that CBD oil reduces the effects of Heroin use:

Clinical Study in the American Journal of Psychiatry suggests that CBD oil reduces the effects of Heroin use:

Click (@orangelvis : Primary Source)

FYI, I work at a university and have access to a TON of journals. I have no idea if this one can be viewed by the public or not. Here's and cut and paste from the Abstract just in case.

Methods:
This exploratory double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial assessed the acute (1 hour, 2 hours, and 24 hours), short-term (3 consecutive days), and protracted (7 days after the last of three consecutive daily administrations) effects of CBD administration (400 or 800 mg, once daily for 3 consecutive days) on drug cue–induced craving and anxiety in drug-abstinent individuals with heroin use disorder. Secondary measures assessed participants’ positive and negative affect, cognition, and physiological status.

Results:
Acute CBD administration, in contrast to placebo, significantly reduced both craving and anxiety induced by the presentation of salient drug cues compared with neutral cues. CBD also showed significant protracted effects on these measures 7 days after the final short-term (3-day) CBD exposure. In addition, CBD reduced the drug cue–induced physiological measures of heart rate and salivary cortisol levels. There were no significant effects on cognition, and there were no serious adverse effects.

Conclusions:
CBD’s potential to reduce cue-induced craving and anxiety provides a strong basis for further investigation of this phytocannabinoid as a treatment option for opioid use disorder.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT