ADVERTISEMENT

Well,Well, Well... USMCA ...Tariffs used as a tool

orangelvis

The Jack Dunlap Club
Nov 21, 2005
Graceland
to fix a broken trade agreement. Told you Never Trumpers to wait and see. You do your best to try and not understand the guy. He never liked tariffs as a means of isolation, but as a tool to achieve fewer tariffs and obstructions for both sides; leveling the playing field and opening up markets.
Now we have to do our part. This is obviously a treaty and will have to be ratified by Congress, after the mid-terms. Make sure you all vote for those who will back Trump and his "Good for America" policies. Keep the lunatic left out of Congress!

Hey @TigerGrowls, looks like our friends from the dark side have no comments on this.
Too much MAGA and too much winning for them to handle, I guess. Feel sorry for people who let blind, political emotions get in the way of success.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Hey @TigerGrowls, looks like our friends from the dark side have no comments on this.
Too much MAGA and too much winning for them to handle, I guess. Feel sorry for people who let blind, political emotions get in the way of success.
lol it's more than 1000 pages, did you already read the whole thing?

Haha. Not at all. Just going off of the stock market reaction and the view from the Canadian point of view; linked below. I don't particularly trust newspapers analysis of such things.

https://www.rbcwealthmanagement.com/us/en/research-insights/the-abcs-of-usmca/detail/
From the article:

New USMCA deal - USMCA deal slightly weakens trade - Neutral to modestly negative economic effects

Prior NAFTA remains - Original NAFTA remains in place - Prolonged uncertainty; no long-term effect

President Trump wins in that he has technically “killed NAFTA,” if only in name

It’s important to note these positives primarily stem from the agreement exceeding low expectations, rather than actually improving current trade relations.

Overall, it’s a deal North America can live with, and that’s good enough.

Reactions: Fact_Check
From the article:

New USMCA deal - USMCA deal slightly weakens trade - Neutral to modestly negative economic effects

Prior NAFTA remains - Original NAFTA remains in place - Prolonged uncertainty; no long-term effect

President Trump wins in that he has technically “killed NAFTA,” if only in name

It’s important to note these positives primarily stem from the agreement exceeding low expectations, rather than actually improving current trade relations.

Overall, it’s a deal North America can live with, and that’s good enough.

No mention of the affect on agricultural import/exports? Call a Wisconsin dairy farmer and ask what he thinks about it.

No mention of the affect on agricultural import/exports? Call a Wisconsin dairy farmer and ask what he thinks about it.
The U.S. will gain access to 3.6 percent of the Canadian dairy market

Wow.

The U.S. will gain access to 3.6 percent of the Canadian dairy market

Wow.

Ok. you just want to nitpik the agreement from the Canadian view. The main point is that many of you Trump haters were giving me grief over tariffs a while back and I tried to say that he doesn't like tariffs, but uses them to negotiate. This deal is better than what we had and modernizes some things like digital purchases, etc. This is a good discussion on it here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/n...anufacturers-farmers-peter-navarro/vi-BBNRfnA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT