ADVERTISEMENT

Welp Tim Scott out

Shocker. You could stick a fork up there and it'd have a better shot than Tim Scott

I like Tim a lot, but he just didn't have the stuff for a presidential run. Haley comes across as far more capable for an executive role.

Most Governors present very well when they move to the National Level. They generally are much more ready since they have actually been an executive. They also tend to be more open to compromise since they have had to work across the aisles to get stuff done.

Most Governors present very well when they move to the National Level. They generally are much more ready since they have actually been an executive. They also tend to be more open to compromise since they have had to work across the aisles to get stuff done.
This is political folk wisdom and just isn't true

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I like Tim a lot, but he just didn't have the stuff for a presidential run. Haley comes across as far more capable for an executive role.
Haley is polling 8x better than Tim Scott. 8% instead of 1%. Vivek has a better shot. Of course it's just Trump at this point.

LoL he didn't even tell anyone on his staff that he was going to do this before going on Trey's really, really excellent television show.

LoL he didn't even tell anyone on his staff that he was going to do this before going on Trey's really, really excellent television show.
A closet Fox news viewer. Your lib comrades may cane whip you for committing this sacrilege.

Serious question. I haven't been here for a while, so I'm curious if you're still thinking Trump won't be the Republican nominee?

Serious question. I haven't been here for a while, so I'm curious if you're still thinking Trump won't be the Republican nominee?

Never said I didn’t think he would be, just that I don’t want him to be. Planning to vote for Haley in the primary. There are vast oceans of idiots in this country so we will probably get 2 shitty candidates again.

Never said I didn’t think he would be, just that I don’t want him to be. Planning to vote for Haley in the primary. There are vast oceans of idiots in this country so we will probably get 2 shitty candidates again.

It's so disheartetning, we actually have some smart people, some of who will run for public office, but we insist on voting in awful candidates.

Reactions: fcctiger12
1 way, way, way shittier than the other, also shitty candidate. Otherwise, I guess my memory was off. I may join you in voting for Nikki in the primary.

This election is not between Trump and Biden. It's between people who still believe in democracy and those who no longer do.

1 way, way, way shittier than the other, also shitty candidate. Otherwise, I guess my memory was off. I may join you in voting for Nikki in the primary.

For the most important position in the world, you would think we could nominate better options than shitty and more shitty. But nope. I’ve lost faith in the general public. All of this fuss is to convince people of very mediocre intelligence how to vote. That’s the big voting block. Mostly people I would never hire, much less trust with major decisions. But they control who we elect as president.

For the most important position in the world, you would think we could nominate better options than shitty and more shitty. But nope. I’ve lost faith in the general public. All of this fuss is to convince people of very mediocre intelligence how to vote. That’s the big voting block. Mostly people I would never hire, much less trust with major decisions. But they control who we elect as president.
Price of freedom I suppose

This election is not between Trump and Biden. It's between people who still believe in democracy and those who no longer do.
FYI…you do know America is NOT a democracy…it’s a REPUBLIC!! You would think people would know that by now 🤷‍♂️

FYI…you do know America is NOT a democracy…it’s a REPUBLIC!! You would think people would know that by now 🤷‍♂️
I didn't say anything to the contrary. I know exactly where you think I did, so don't bother pointing it out, but I didn't. No offense taken by your mistake, I'm sure you're doing the best you can.

I read a stat the other day that just over half of the country reads at lower than a 6th grade level and I couldn’t believe it. Only 79% literacy in the US. It’s shocking how stupid we are.

Reactions: okclem
I didn't say anything to the contrary. I know exactly where you think I did, so don't bother pointing it out, but I didn't. No offense taken by your mistake, I'm sure you're doing the best you can.
😂😂😂 it’s not my fault you were wrong. But DO BETTER!

The internet, and social media in particular, has exacerbated this to a likely untenable degree. Imho.
I’d also argue that our education system is largely broken. Seems like the system is designed to move people through grades as quickly as possible regardless of whether or not they’ve actually learned anything.

Lots of blame to go around on poor education, probably not one solution either.

I’d also argue that our education system is largely broken. Seems like the system is designed to move people through grades as quickly as possible regardless of whether or not they’ve actually learned anything.

Lots of blame to go around on poor education, probably not one solution either.
My ex wife is a teacher. She doesn't see it as much at the elementary level, but the apathy at the middle school level is alarming, from parents and faculty.

I read a stat the other day that just over half of the country reads at lower than a 6th grade level and I couldn’t believe it. Only 79% literacy in the US. It’s shocking how stupid we are.
RIght. and while the discussion is about voting for president.... just remember that they are also the pool from which juries come from. Both crimminal and civil. So we get random outcomes and outrageous civil cd settlments.

Some people just don’t like to be corrected…I guess. I mean it’s a common mistake that uneducated people make.
LOL, this is a line MAGAs use every time someone mentions our democracy, assuming we don't understand that we are actually a Constitutional Republic, if you want to be exact.

• Love
Reactions: Orange&Purple
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT