ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is happening with the Spammers?

Pretty self explanatory.
All free boards across the network are being lit up with spam bots. I stepped out of the office for just two hours to run some errands, came back and had to delete 16 spam handles. It's a daily occurrence.

We may make this forum premium, which would stop it, but given that it's off topic we have tried to keep it free.

All free boards across the network are being lit up with spam bots. I stepped out of the office for just two hours to run some errands, came back and had to delete 16 spam handles. It's a daily occurrence.

We may make this forum premium, which would stop it, but given that it's off topic we have tried to keep it free.
What is the ratio of posters on this free board that aren't premium?

Minimal. Less than 10 percent. But that number stands to increase over time. Still, I won’t hesitate to make this forum premium if we don’t see some relief with these spam bots.
Thank you, was more a curiosity than anything else. Feels like I've seen all the regulars to this barren wasteland post on the West Zone as well at least.

Reactions: Cris_Ard

I’d like to report that I believe @TigerGrowls is also a spam bot that has somehow managed to go undetected.

I’d like to report that I believe @TigerGrowls is also a spam bot that has somehow managed to go undetected.
Noted.

But I can confirm @TigerGrowls is indeed one of us!

wolf-of-wall-street-one-of-us.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT