ADVERTISEMENT

White privilege on full display

So when protesting government overreach or corruption, instead of protesting at the literal place where federal law and policy is voted on, burning down the property and businesses of private citizens and stealing pringles and some Jordan XIs is the preferred means of protest? Is that what you’re saying? That’s rhetorical. You don’t have to answer. I thought the protesters in DC had stolen the show, but your posts so far itt have really underscored that the depths of idiocy on both sides are all but limitless.
This is an immensely ignorant take. They did shoot someone today yet churches were burned down in DC this summer. A country was allowed to form in Seattle in what was declared the summer of love.
One of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. There were black folks there. Please stop with the identity politics.

I'm referring to the simple fact that people were allowed to walk into the same building as hundreds of our top level government officials WHILE THEY WERE IN SESSION. Obviously you wouldn't expect a random business park or convenience store to have security capable of withstanding riots. The government has known about these terrorists for weeks and still did nothing to prepare for these idiots to walk pipe bombs and assault rifles into the Capitol building.

If this had been a planned BLM demonstration they wouldn't have made it past the first security fence before the tear gas and pepper spray came out. If BLM showed up with gas masks and pipe bombs there would be dozens of casualties. That is just reality.

Again showing your ignorance. Americans went to bed and Trump had sizable leads and miraculously the votes counted after midnight were overwhelmingly in Biden’s favor. And he barely won but only I. The battleground states did this happen. No irregularities or “problems “ reported im Republican controlled areas. Only in heavily Democrat precincts did all these people swearing under penalty of prison clearly see election laws being broken. You have no idea what you are talking about. You’ve never spent a millisecond doing any research of your own. You swallow whatever shvt the media feeds you.

The fact that Biden gained all that ground overnight doesn't even come close to proving any fraud. Before the election even started, it was a well known fact that more of Biden's votes would be counted later in the count because of them being forced to wait for all the absentee ballots to come in.

I'm referring to the simple fact that people were allowed to walk into the same building as hundreds of our top level government officials WHILE THEY WERE IN SESSION. Obviously you wouldn't expect a random business park or convenience store to have security capable of withstanding riots. The government has known about these terrorists for weeks and still did nothing to prepare for these idiots to walk pipe bombs and assault rifles into the Capitol building.

If this had been a planned BLM demonstration they wouldn't have made it past the first security fence before the tear gas and pepper spray came out. If BLM showed up with gas masks and pipe bombs there would be dozens of casualties. That is just reality.
Why does your mind even go there? You’re making up a hypothetical scenario that nobody will ever be able to prove or disprove. Do you really have that much pinned up anger and insecurity? If so I would suggest a few lifestyle changes, not joking

Yesterday’s protesters were by and large low iq morons. Sure. They shouldn’t have done what they did, and when you storm a federal building, you invite unfortunate shit to happen. But, to my knowledge they didn’t spend months this summer burning down cities, private businesses, and attacking federal and state government buildings. Ergo, the police were not as prepared as they should have been. They didn’t think it would go that far. The group you’re bitching about proved itself - in essence - a terrorist organization over the summer. You don’t get to do that and then bitch when law enforcement cracks down harder on you than the other group of dipshits that haven’t cultivated quite as impressive a resume.

Yesterday’s protesters were by and large low iq morons. Sure. They shouldn’t have done what they did, and when you storm a federal building, you invite unfortunate shit to happen. But, to my knowledge they didn’t spend months this summer burning down cities, private businesses, and attacking federal and state government buildings. Ergo, the police were not as prepared as they should have been. They didn’t think it would go that far. The group you’re bitching about proved itself - in essence - a terrorist organization over the summer. You don’t get to do that and then bitch when law enforcement cracks down harder on you than the other group of dipshits that haven’t cultivated quite as impressive a resume.

ummm these people were plotting this on social media in plain sight.

How we don't have 10,000 dead bodies in front of the Capitol right now is beyond me. If these were black folks they'd be rolling bodies into the river.
where you been fool? if one black got killed all big city would be on fire

Not planned at all

How we don't have 10,000 dead bodies in front of the Capitol right now is beyond me. If these were black folks they'd be rolling bodies into the river.

Saw the coverage on Foxnews.com last night and they had an expert (law enforcement officer or maybe a district attorney or something) who made a point that kind of surprised me.

Basically, the majority of the group that went into the Capitol could be charged with - at most - trespassing, which is a misdemeanor I think. The ones that broke windows, etc - destruction of government property.

Whoever shot the lady could of course be charged with murder, depending on the circumstances. Unless she was armed, it could wind up a problem for the shooter. I think I heard that they thought it was a cop. Not sure.

Also - the reason so few were arrested is that arresting people in that situation takes a LOT of resources. And when the cops are probably outnumbered 10-1 anyway, you don't want 3-4 of them dealing with arresting someone. The goal is to secure the area.

Saw the coverage on Foxnews.com last night and they had an expert (law enforcement officer or maybe a district attorney or something) who made a point that kind of surprised me.

Basically, the majority of the group that went into the Capitol could be charged with - at most - trespassing, which is a misdemeanor I think. The ones that broke windows, etc - destruction of government property.

Whoever shot the lady could of course be charged with murder, depending on the circumstances. Unless she was armed, it could wind up a problem for the shooter. I think I heard that they thought it was a cop. Not sure.

Also - the reason so few were arrested is that arresting people in that situation takes a LOT of resources. And when the cops are probably outnumbered 10-1 anyway, you don't want 3-4 of them dealing with arresting someone. The goal is to secure the area.

Not surprising considering the source was Fox News, but that's not true at all.

Talk about white privilege. The words of one the Trump traitors at the capitol yesterday:

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. She was crying, hysterical. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

Not surprising considering the source was Fox News, but that's not true at all.

Actually the Detroit Free Press article stated the same thing I did. From the article:

"Depending on what investigators find and individual circumstances, charges could range from everything from low-level curfew charges, to trespassing, to the misdemeanor of destruction of government property less than $1,000, depending on the cost of the windows and anything else, he said.

There could be a felony charge of destruction of government property over $1,000, depending on what was damaged, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, he said."

Admittedly the 'destruction of government property over $1000' carries more sentence than I originally thought.

Talk about white privilege. The words of one the Trump traitors at the capitol yesterday:

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. She was crying, hysterical. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

Ah yes. The old “Let’s take the few thousand people who showed up and some random woman in the bottom decile of intelligence in her racial demographic, and broadly credit her opinions to an entire race/roughly half of the political continuum in this country” argument. Solid work.

How many people were actually there? And, how many government buildings or private businesses did they set on fire and loot? No one is saying these dipshits were justified in what they did. It was absurd, and incredibly counterproductive and stupid. But, the hypocrisy of wondering why mobs with a history of violence are treated differently than a small group of illiterate larpers is where I have the issue. How many people were killed by cops at the BLM riots over the summer?

Ah yes. The old “Let’s take the few thousand people who showed up and some random woman in the bottom decile of intelligence in her racial demographic, and broadly credit her opinions to an entire race/roughly half of the political continuum in this country” argument. Solid work.

He's incredibly good at that......

Pretty sure he told me I had blood on my hands earlier and referenced me as a Nazi supporter. We are going to be friends though, once all this healing and unity starts.

Reactions: BionicTiger
You’re fighting a good fight, but you can’t fix stupid.

Um I may be mistaken but I don’t remember any BLM protesters shot when they were peacefully protesting by burning and looting cities across the country. But an unarmed white woman got shot in the chest yesterday! Where’s the outrage? Where’s the looting? Stop playing the victim!

The rioting over the summer was more or less random violence and property destruction arising from allegations of police violence.

Yesterday was completely premised on disinformation permeating from the President and the Republican Party about fantasy voter fraud. Directly, the President held a rally in front of the Capital and fomented the riots. The Sedition party was inside permeating the same lies for their political gain. In this way the violent insurrection and coup attempt was practically sponsored by one party. This context is completely different than what transpired over the summer. One was a terrible reaction to police violence the other was knowingly and willfully created by the President and Republican Party to the detriment of the country.

Speaking of resume's, the Trumpers actively conspired to kidnap and murder the Gov of Michigan. They also flooded that Statehouse with guns and the legislative session had to be abandoned for safety.

Agreed, thats very frustrating to lump everyone on the right in with the extremists. I swear I've seen that tactic before.

Agreed, thats very frustrating to lump everyone on the right in with the extremists. I swear I've seen that tactic before.

And, that’s equally silly. That said, let’s not pretend that the extremists on the right are not marginalized significantly more than those on the left. I’m not saying that you should feel sorry for them. I am saying that both should be marginalized and denounced, not selectively elevated and given more and larger platforms. The divisiveness in this country that has widened over the last decade can be attributed to various factors but among the largest is the rhetoric and general idiocy of each party’s extremist subset.

I also understand that there are a very large number of moderate, centrist democrats. As with the Republican Party, they comprise the vast majority of their respective party. But, it seems to me that the Democratic platform has been altered/impacted more by its party’s extremist subset than the republican party’s platform. If anything, one has moved more toward the center while the other has moved away from it. That isn’t to say that the Republican platform is free from needing some introspective evaluation or perfect by any stretch. But, there is no denying it has moved more toward the middle while the democratic platform has moved away from it.

And, that’s equally silly. That said, let’s not pretend that the extremists on the right are not marginalized significantly more than those on the left. I’m not saying that you should feel sorry for them. I am saying that both should be marginalized and denounced, not selectively elevated and given more and larger platforms. The divisiveness in this country that has widened over the last decade can be attributed to various factors but among the largest is the rhetoric and general idiocy of each party’s extremist subset.

I also understand that there are a very large number of moderate, centrist democrats. As with the Republican Party, they comprise the vast majority of their respective party. But, it seems to me that the Democratic platform has been altered/impacted more by its party’s extremist subset than the republican party’s platform. If anything, one has moved more toward the center while the other has moved away from it. That isn’t to say that the Republican platform is free from needing some introspective evaluation or perfect by any stretch. But, there is no denying it has moved more toward the middle while the democratic platform has moved away from it.

Take cover.....you're about to get pummeled with "because that's what FOX tells you" responses and "CNN is the only real non-partisan news outlet"

Well said though

When the majority of elected representative of the right, including the POTUS, are supporting the extremists - along with a plurality of Republican voters - then it's not lumping everyone in with the extremists. It's calling it like it is.

I'm sorry that the truth offends you, but the truth doesn't care about your feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triple Tiger
When the majority of elected representative of the right, including the POTUS, are supporting the extremists - along with a majority of Republican voters - then it's not lumping everyone in with the extremists. It's calling it like it is.

I'm sorry that the truth offends you, but the truth doesn't care about your feelings.

Just a "few extremists"

I would say though that the left seemed to self correct to the middle with the election of Biden, whereas the right seems to elect it's nutjobs. Trump won over a pretty strong slate of moderates.

Reactions: purenonsense

... in what way have they been marginalized? They've been getting thatta boys from the POTUS.

Trump's lawyers when asked under the threat of losing their licenses essentially admitted that they knew that what they were claiming was B.S. If there was evidence it would've been rightfully validated by an accepted court case. But that hasn't happened. Why? Because there was no voter fraud. You don't do any research yourself. You just look for what affirms what you believe. Trump got blown out in the popular vote, and lost the electoral vote by a clear margin. The US was by and large sick of his childish garbage. Today is a perfect illustration of what Trump enables. He has been terrible for this country. He has rotted millions of people's already well below-average brains. He has torn our society apart. But I guess he pissed off the libs so it was all worth it? You aren't a true American. You just want a dictatorship that you agree with.
Dang, you make good sense when you want to.

Big difference between burning down a 7-11 and actually making it inside the frikking capitol building. Answer truthfully - If the NAACP had organized this protest would they have breached the building? No, they would've been prepared to use lethal force and shot bullets into the crowd after the first guy jumped the fence.
oh really! How many BLM peaceful protesters were shot this summer? I did however hear about police officers getting shot. Did DC business owners board up their windows? Were police cars set on fire? Were churches burned? When in doubt play the race card. Even our new president did.

oh really! How many BLM peaceful protesters were shot this summer? I did however hear about police officers getting shot. Did DC business owners board up their windows? Were police cars set on fire? Were churches burned? When in doubt play the race card. Even our new president did.

Speaking of the race card.......good start to unity and healing

That’s because they probably didn’t expect violence. Businesses didn’t board up their windows either did they. But they would’ve for BLM. And why is that? Because they’re racists? Or because BLM protests very often turn into riots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT