ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

I am not an expert but the experts say 99% of the time your shoes/boots come off when hit by a vehicle...Hard to understand how boots can come off but this was one of the first things I read that his shoes were still on,,,,along with other factors that are common when hit by a vehicle.
Yeah, I'm not buying that in all cases. You can watch youtube videos of people being hit. Their shoes come off rarely (though I did see some).

If you get clipped in the head with a mirror, you aren't being thrown in the air. It's the inertia of being thrown that makes your shoes come off.

Reactions: CUFam98
But how did he end up in the middle of the road?

I don’t think it is unreasonable that he could have been hit by a mirror of a large truck, he could have stumbled into the road but I am not sure how likely that is. It is likely more reasonable that isn’t what happened.

Unfortunately people do get hit all the time. I know a man who’s wife was walking on the side of the road with their daughter and a large pick up truck that had oversized mirrors (they were larger and extended further because the truck was set up with a 5th wheel and designed to pull a large camper), didn’t see them, was either cresting a hill or a curve, probably wasn’t really paying attention. She was hit in the head and died from head trauma. Very tragic and avoidable but an accident none the less.

One thing is for sure, however Stephen was hit, someone had to know it. So at the bare minimum it was a felony hit and run.

Reactions: yemassee
I wish I could insert a poll into this thread. I'm curious to the pulse of this thread.

Tragic Accident? or
Murder?

I'm chalking this up to a tragic accident folks.

Murder…the investigators and the coroner believe foul play was involved and that it was not a hit and run. I’ll run with their belief it was a murder and not an accident

Nothing lends itself to him being hit by a car.

Not sure how you could be hit by a moving car’s side mirror, log hanging off a truck, or really anything moving that fast and end up in the middle of the road lying with your shoes barely tied, no debris, no debris or something embedded in the head or body, and no blood trail.

NTM lying in a way that looks like someone dumped him - no road rash, phone in pocket, almost lying peacefully across the center line.

Kid was dumped with the hopes a vehicle did run him over to cover up what really happened.

I don’t think it is unreasonable that he could have been hit by a mirror of a large truck, he could have stumbled into the road but I am not sure how likely that is. It is likely more reasonable that isn’t what happened.

Unfortunately people do get hit all the time. I know a man who’s wife was walking on the side of the road with their daughter and a large pick up truck that had oversized mirrors (they were larger and extended further because the truck was set up with a 5th wheel and designed to pull a large camper), didn’t see them, was either cresting a hill or a curve, probably wasn’t really paying attention. She was hit in the head and died from head trauma. Very tragic and avoidable but an accident none the less.

One thing is for sure, however Stephen was hit, someone had to know it. So at the bare minimum it was a felony hit and run.
Can you ask him if she had road burns from hitting the ground/asphalt?

Reactions: CUFootball88
Not sure how you could be hit by a moving car’s side mirror, log hanging off a truck, or really anything moving that fast and end up in the middle of the road lying with your shoes barely tied, no debris, no debris or something embedded in the head or body, and no blood trail.

NTM lying in a way that looks like someone dumped him - no road rash, phone in pocket, almost lying peacefully across the center line.

Kid was dumped with the hopes a vehicle did run him over to cover up what really happened.
I think you are exactly right. I didn't think about them dumping his body on the road hoping someone would hit him and further mangle the body, make it look like an accident.

Reactions: OleFastball
Being reported that Ole Alex is being housed in McCormick prison. I’ve deer hunted right near the prison. Not a nice place to be and get hotter then hell down there. Also in the middle of absolutely nothing.

Reactions: purple2
What difference does it make that it’s in the middle of nothing? Would it be better for him if it was in the middle of great restaurants and beautiful sites and beaches?
Moselle was in the middle of nowhere, too. Perhaps that's what he meant.

All he is going to see are the four walls to a jail cell so I guess it does not make a lot of difference.
Still kind of crazy to ponder how someone who had the world at their finger tips and luxury at every corner is now only going to see 4 concrete walls for the rest of their life and occasionally pine trees and barbed wire when he steps outside. What a fall. So much time to be with one’s thoughts and you know the thoughts of killing your family has to be all consuming.

Still kind of crazy to ponder how someone who had the world at their finger tips and luxury at every corner is now only going to see 4 concrete walls for the rest of their life and occasionally pine trees and barbed wire when he steps outside. What a fall. So much time to be with one’s thoughts and you know the thoughts of killing your family has to be all consuming.
It's possible that he is relieved, much like in the book Crime and Punishment. Although I'm not sure he has a conscience to bother him

In prison for life, Murdaugh faces 2 more tax evasion counts

By: Jeffrey Collins - AP

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina grand jury Tuesday charged convicted murderer Alex Murdaugh with two counts of tax evasion after prosecutors reviewed his final years of tax returns before he headed behind bars.

The former attorney is currently serving a sentence of life in prison without parole after a jury found him guilty in March of the shooting deaths of his wife and younger son in 2021.

From 2011 to 2021, Murdaugh made about $16 million as a lawyer, while stealing about $9 million from his law firm, settlement money for clients and other places, according to indictments.

Murdaugh, 54, also faces about 100 other charges, including tax evasion for his 2011 through 2019 returns as well as charges he stole money from clients, ran a drug and money laundering ring and tried to defraud his life insurer into paying a $10 million policy by having a friend kill him.

The latest indictments came from Murdaugh’s 2020 and 2021 tax returns.

In 2020, Murdaugh did not pay more than $67,000 he owed in taxes after making more than $1.1 million from his law firm and an additional $1.1 million through theft and money laundering, prosecutors said.

In 2021, Murdaugh should have paid $65,000 in taxes from $86,000 he earned from his law firm and just over $1 million he made illegally, according to the indictment.

Murdaugh’s wife and son were killed in June 2021 and he rarely worked before his bond on theft and insurance fraud charges were revoked four months later. He would be charged with murder while in jail during the summer of 2022.

Prosecutors argued Murdaugh’s swirling financial problems led him to kill his 22-year-old son Paul with a shotgun and then his 52-year-old wife Maggie with a rifle outside the kennels at their Colleton County home.

Alex Murdaugh then cleaned up the scene, went to visit his ailing mother to try to establish an alibi, then called 911 and reported his wife and son dead when he returned home, prosecutors said.

Murdaugh denied killing them when he took the stand in his murder trial, but admitted it was his voice on a video taken by his son at the killings minutes before data showed the victims stopped using their cellphones forever. Murdaugh told the initial investigators several times he was never at the kennels.

Murdaugh maintained his innocence as he was sentenced to life in prison without parole and is appealing the convictions. He is currently being held in protective custody at an undisclosed maximum security South Carolina prison.

State prosecutors also want to try him on all the other tax evasion, theft, insurance fraud and other charges as soon as they can, although no trial date for those cases has been set.

Not saying it absolves them from some liability, but if he presented the fake ID, how is that usually seen in the eyes of the court in such circumstances? I'm curious, not debating what you said.

I'm not sure we can expect a clerk at gas station to be keen enough to see the difference between BM and PM on a tiny ID photo. I would think more fault would lie with the bartender at the bar they stopped at after the oyster roast. They are mandated by law not to over serve.
Parkers Denies Liability

PawPaw showend em his fake ID.

Anyone read Killers of the Flower Moon or familiar with the Osage Indian murders in Oklahoma in the 1920s?

Alec and William Hale are one and the same. It’s like Alec studied up on him or something. Bribery, extortion, murder, theft, conspiracy, tampering, tainted juries, you name it.

Hale’s nickname was King of the Osage Hills. He was “named a reserve deputy sheriff…a title that was largely honorific but allowed him to carry a badge.” He was described as “a high class gentleman” and exploited the laws of the time around guardianships to steal millions (in 1920s dollars). He was the mastermind of a criminal ring to gain more money and power, and both those who worked for him and the average citizen were equally attracted to him and afraid to cross him at the same time.

Great book in and of itself, but damn the similarities are uncanny.

Anyone read Killers of the Flower Moon or familiar with the Osage Indian murders in Oklahoma in the 1920s?

Alec and William Hale are one and the same. It’s like Alec studied up on him or something. Bribery, extortion, murder, theft, conspiracy, tampering, tainted juries, you name it.

Hale’s nickname was King of the Osage Hills. He was “named a reserve deputy sheriff…a title that was largely honorific but allowed him to carry a badge.” He was described as “a high class gentleman” and exploited the laws of the time around guardianships to steal millions (in 1920s dollars). He was the mastermind of a criminal ring to gain more money and power, and both those who worked for him and the average citizen were equally attracted to him and afraid to cross him at the same time.

Great book in and of itself, but damn the similarities are uncanny.

Great book but more of a reminder that people should always question the Federal Government.

Those killings were because the Feds had a law that required a person with a percentage of Native American lineage to have a guardian.

Grown adults - deemed incompetents if you were over a % of a bloodline.

Then those once just poor incompetents had mineral rights making them millionaires.

No wonder the psychopaths lined up and schemed to be their guardians, or husbands. Who would have thought???

But, yeah, some of these SC small towns and poor counties do have these good ole boys and families that think they run the show, know it all, and how dare you question them.

I’m sure a lot of people on this board who live and work in this state have dealt with these clowns.

Reactions: sloanMB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT