ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

I hate what clickbaitery has done to journalism.

Lawyers for Alex Murdaugh requested a new trial Tuesday in an explosive motion filed in Columbia, South Carolina, that alleges that the court clerk tampered with jurors so she could secure a book deal.

I hate what clickbaitery has done to journalism.

Lawyers for Alex Murdaugh requested a new trial Tuesday in an explosive motion filed in Columbia, South Carolina, that alleges that the court clerk tampered with jurors so she could secure a book deal.
I mean, if what they’re alleging is true, that’s pretty explosive.

I mean, if what they’re alleging is true, that’s pretty explosive.
If what they allege is even half true, he would deserve a new trial. And I think he’s guilty AF. However, his attorneys have been crying wolf and slinging mud since the beginning, so they don’t get the benefit of the doubt now.

Who’s to say they (or someone wrapped up in all of this who wants to keep things hidden) didn’t pay off a juror afterward to contrive this story?

If what they allege is even half true, he would deserve a new trial. And I think he’s guilty AF. However, his attorneys have been crying wolf and slinging mud since the beginning, so they don’t get the benefit of the doubt now.

Who’s to say they (or someone wrapped up in all of this who wants to keep things hidden) didn’t pay off a juror afterward to contrive this story?
I would think irrespective of the murder convictions, there is enough on Murdaugh to keep him on ice for decades or until the rest of his life. How does this guy ever see the light of day outside of prison again?

Meh, they’re just defense attorneys doing their job. But of course you have to take that into account - their job is to make this sound like the worst thing that’s ever been done in the history of the known universe, so its very possible, probably likely, that there’s more to it.

I would think irrespective of the murder convictions, there is enough on Murdaugh to keep him on ice for decades or until the rest of his life. How does this guy ever see the light of day outside of prison again?
Yeah he’s toast either way, but there’s still a sense of justice involved with someone being declared guilty and held accountable for a crime - especially one this vicious - even if it doesn’t mean much in practicality.

Good question, and what D&J are still trying to get figured out. "Don't worry about charging/prosecuting/trying him on all those financial crimes, he's already toast for the rest of his life." In keeping with a lot of this saga, don't worry about this, don't pay attention to that, etc and then all the while try to make sure "bigger stuff" aka murder go away.

My guess is they want to get the financial crimes moved to federal court so that he can serve some time and then get pardoned, since Poot has connections with Biden. If he is charged in the state then a pardon never happens because SC is a red state and they are not pardoning a democrat, or doing a favor for Dick, who is a democrat. If the rolls and parties were reversed then it would work the same way. In short, they obviously think he won’t spend a ton of time in jail if the only charges are related to the financial crimes.

The murder charges are the ones that would keep him behind bars the rest of his life, so those are the ones they have to beat. I would be really surprised if someone at that courthouse was not doing everything by the book given the profile of the trial and who was involved.

Reactions: Cris_Ard
My guess is they want to get the financial crimes moved to federal court so that he can serve some time and then get pardoned, since Poot has connections with Biden. If he is charged in the state then a pardon never happens because SC is a red state and they are not pardoning a democrat, or doing a favor for Dick, who is a democrat. If the rolls and parties were reversed then it would work the same way. In short, they obviously think he won’t spend a ton of time in jail if the only charges are related to the financial crimes.

The murder charges are the ones that would keep him behind bars the rest of his life, so those are the ones they have to beat. I would be really surprised if someone at that courthouse was not doing everything by the book given the profile of the trial and who was involved.
Bingo. Look at the Cory Fleming trial. They specifically went back and forth at the end with “is he in federal or state custody” It’s all a ploy here, too. It would be the least shocking thing ever to find out the juror who signed this sworn affidavit was paid off, family threatened, or family given some job/money/promises somewhere. They also will try to get Newman removed and get a new judge.

Reactions: CT76 and yemassee
Bingo. Look at the Cory Fleming trial. They specifically went back and forth at the end with “is he in federal or state custody” It’s all a ploy here, too. It would be the least shocking thing ever to find out the juror who signed this sworn affidavit was paid off, family threatened, or family given some job/money/promises somewhere. They also will try to get Newman removed and get a new judge.
They just have to wait out the year to not have Newman as the judge as he is retireing at the end of this year.

He can still preside. Moving parts here.

Cory Fleming got 20 years yesterday.
Well deserved. Seeing his head drop as the first “10 years” was read was really something. Judge Newman correctly let Fleming and everyone else know FAFO. I do believe part of him is remorseful, I’m just not sure if it’s because he got caught and now his life is flashing before his eyes or because he’s sincerely remorseful toward the victims. I’m curious out of those 20 years (after the Fed sentence is served?) how much he will actually end up serving. Regardless, Judge Newman is remarkable…”I don’t let other courts dictate my rulings” or something to that effect.

Reactions: fatpiggy and CT76
Well deserved. Seeing his head drop as the first “10 years” was read was really something. Judge Newman correctly let Fleming and everyone else know FAFO. I do believe part of him is remorseful, I’m just not sure if it’s because he got caught and now his life is flashing before his eyes or because he’s sincerely remorseful toward the victims. I’m curious out of those 20 years (after the Fed sentence is served?) how much he will actually end up serving. Regardless, Judge Newman is remarkable…”I don’t let other courts dictate my rulings” or something to that effect.
I think he’s remorseful for getting caught, how it affects his reputation and his family. If he was really remorseful for what he’d done, he’d have cooperated more. If Alex hadn’t gotten caught, they’d both have continued as they were.

“GE Monogram Refrigerator, a GE Monogram double oven gas convection range with 6 burners, a Kitchen Aid dishwasher and a Viking ice maker.”

Kitchen aid dishwasher? Ummmm

True, but he has a $1.9mm home in SC. You cant be shopping at best buy lol
Why not??? If it works you don't need an appliance repairman showing up. Nothing ever breaks down at a convenient time.

It doesn't mention the Dog Kennels... did they tear them down? How disappointing. That should discount the property by at least half.
I find it totally unsurprising the dog kennels are gone. I would think all of the outbuildings where the murders took place would have been razed to remove the stigma.

Reactions: RaleighTiger
The listing is a carve-out of the Murdaugh's larger estate, which sold for $3.9 million earlier this year and included 1,700 acres. But the new offer only includes 21 acres and the primary Murdaugh residence, the Moselle Estate House, which the listing says could serve as a "a family residence or compound" or allow new buyers to engage in "equestrian pursuits, [a] hobby farm, or just a weekend retreat destination."

Reactions: GoodWord28
Ugh. We have two of those three…and why I’ve retained First American Home Warranty.
The Thermidor has been trash. Mrs FCT insisted. Now she won’t use the steam side and bitches about the other side constantly. We never use the grill - heats slow and cleanup is a bear - and griddle element has been replaced twice. So we rarely use either. Don’t recommend to anyone to get grill or griddle elements.

Sorry to hear that. This house and its appliances have been an eye opener for this NW Pennsylvania hillbilly. Earlier this year, our Dacor double oven died. This Granite Bay house certainly isn't the Mosell Estate House Cris linked above, but it's still so far beyond anything I lived in growing up or earlier in my career that I had no real idea about "luxury brands" for appliances. The "replacement" oven was $5,000, which turned out to be reasonable based on prices I saw. With the home warranty, it literally cost us $85.

Reactions: GoodWord28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT