ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson and NewSpring

Again with the nickname--reakly, it's quite clever. Have fun on your crusade against Perry and Newspring--I'm sure people will take you seriously since you don't come off like a lunatic--oh wait.

Show me where Furticj admitted that the church paid for his house. Show me actual, documented proof. If you can do that, I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong. I doubt you can produce that though, but I'd love to see it.

Have you ever once been to the Anderson campus? They have machines you can use your credit card/debit card to tithe. I can take you to Sullivan's or the coffee shop within Sullivans. You can look up blogs of Perry's where he claims he goes to Sullivans multiple times per week. Perry most definitely has had bodyguards. He even said so himself that for a while he didn't feel safe and had to have them. Not sure who would waste time on physically attacking Perry as he wouldn't put up much of a fight (even though he also brags "I'm 6'6 220 I don't have anything to be scared of" lol) but apparently something was going on where he didn't feel safe. There's no lies to fit my agenda. You can go here http://newspring.cc/give to give your tithe although only a few short weeks ago Perry said over and over that it doesn't say "give the tithe" but "BRING the tithe" in the bible. He never is one to care for following what the bible actually says.

NewSpringEverett just answer this question for me. Do you think it is becoming of a Christian for Perry to call someone who points out one of his flaws or objects to his teaching a "jackass"? Do you think it is Christian like of him to tell people to attack those who attack his church?

Also since you laugh that I gave you a "nickname" am I wrong in assuming the NS in your name stands for newspring? The way you're going nuts over the criticism in this thread it is quite obvious you are NS blind sheep who doesn't find it alarming your "pastor" uses cuss words to describe his critics, travels all over the world living the leisure life while telling his "owners" he doesn't have time to waste visiting them, marrying them, or giving them private counsel, or that he constantly lies about the church's money use while refusing to show what he does with the money? I guess you think Dabo is somehow not 100 times busier than Perry yet he has time to visit Clemson fans he's never met in the hospital all the time.

Originally posted by kylebw:
Have you ever once been to the Anderson campus? They have machines you can use your credit card/debit card to tithe. I can take you to Sullivan's or the coffee shop within Sullivans. You can look up blogs of Perry's where he claims he goes to Sullivans multiple times per week. Perry most definitely has had bodyguards. He even said so himself that for a while he didn't feel safe and had to have them. Not sure who would waste time on physically attacking Perry as he wouldn't put up much of a fight (even though he also brags "I'm 6'6 220 I don't have anything to be scared of" lol) but apparently something was going on where he didn't feel safe. There's no lies to fit my agenda. You can go here http://newspring.cc/give to give your tithe although only a few short weeks ago Perry said over and over that it doesn't say "give the tithe" but "BRING the tithe" in the bible. He never is one to care for following what the bible actually says.

NewSpringEverett just answer this question for me. Do you think it is becoming of a Christian for Perry to call someone who points out one of his flaws or objects to his teaching a "jackass"? Do you think it is Christian like of him to tell people to attack those who attack his church?

Also since you laugh that I gave you a "nickname" am I wrong in assuming the NS in your name stands for newspring? The way you're going nuts over the criticism in this thread it is quite obvious you are NS blind sheep who doesn't find it alarming your "pastor" uses cuss words to describe his critics, travels all over the world living the leisure life while telling his "owners" he doesn't have time to waste visiting them, marrying them, or giving them private counsel, or that he constantly lies about the church's money use while refusing to show what he does with the money? I guess you think Dabo is somehow not 100 times busier than Perry yet he has time to visit Clemson fans he's never met in the hospital all the time.
You're wrong about a lot of stuff. I've said what I have to say, so keep trolling.

Originally posted by nseverett:
Show me where Furticj admitted that the church paid for his house. Show me actual, documented proof. If you can do that, I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong. I doubt you can produce that though, but I'd love to see it.
Chunks Corbett, Elevation's executive pastor, is the trustee for Jumper Drive Trust. Jumper Drive Trust owns Furtick's new home. You can look up the rest for yourself there genius. These guys do everything unethical they can to avoid taxes so of course a trust owned by the church owns his home lol.

Also do yourself a favor and look up how Perry and Furtick's books found themselves on the bestseller's list. Their CHURCH bought tens of thousands of copies. Funny enough you'll see both preacher's books sold very few copies outside of what their churches bought. Nice little way to funnel money to your pastor and put him on a best seller's list isn't it? lol. Before these guys brag about best seller neither of the two's books have made it to the top 500 of any actual best seller's list they both made the top 10 for the type of book they wrote. Neither of the two's books have sold very many copies.

Both are accurate. Especially the book part about churches buying thousands of copies and the members giving 5 stars. The money is then funneled back to the pastor tax free.

Originally posted by jbvarnad:

Originally posted by clemsonu0219:
Originally posted by jbvarnad:

Originally posted by firegiver:
If they settled out of court with the blog writer (who happens to be a professor and thus a respectable member of society) and the blogs still up. How can the impression not be that he was totally in the right and that Newspring simply conceded there best move was to give him hush money so further PR damage did not occur.
I would tend to agree with you. Generally, if there is any sort of libel or slander, removal of said libel or slander is included in any settlement...yet the blog still stands. This has to be troubling to any NS members, it certainly would be to me.

More from the blog:
Did NS or any of the affiliates file a lawsuit for slander/libel? Also, does anyone have a link to the settlement?

This post was edited on 4/17 5:13 PM by clemsonu0219
Not sure. Here is what I found from the same blog...it appears that NS did indeed say what he blogged was false, but I have no idea whether they sued for slander or libel. Whether they sued and lost, or didn't sue at all because they knew they wouldn't win, or simply didn't bother, the fact that the blog still stands appears to be somewhat telling.
Well Jesus says to turn the other cheek, so I doubt they would counter sue.

This thread proves yet again just how scary religion can be. These guys are likely crooks stealing from people and not only are they happy about it, but they get defensive when people question it. Wow...Brilliant business model. Sick and twisted, but brilliant.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...some of the world's biggest criminals reside in the church. These guys maybe legit, but wow it certainly doesn't seem likely.

I have a problem if the financials of the church are not transparent. Forbush here in Charlotte was under some heat recently because he would not disclose how much he spent on his Lake Normon mansion.

Originally posted by CUNCTiger:
This thread proves yet again just how scary religion can be. These guys are likely crooks stealing from people and not only are they happy about it, but they get defensive when people question it. Wow...Brilliant business model. Sick and twisted, but brilliant.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...some of the world's biggest criminals reside in the church. These guys maybe legit, but wow it certainly doesn't seem likely.
So Newspring = Waco?

I kid, I kid. Seriously, though, after watching some of PN's stuff online, and doing some extensive reading (not just of that blog by the Anderson Professor either) I have come to the conclusion that PN is a crook, just like Joel Osteen is a crook and 90% of the other evangelical pastors that are out there to make gobs of money. I'll take my church that probably barely stays in the black anyday, where I can actually get my preacher to preside over a wedding or a funeral, etc. I want to have a relationship with my preacher, not have him be some untouchable figure that I can't speak to because my church contains thousands of people.

JMO. Sorry if it offends anyone.

Originally posted by acwill07:

So Newspring = Waco?

I kid, I kid. Seriously, though, after watching some of PN's stuff online, and doing some extensive reading (not just of that blog by the Anderson Professor either) I have come to the conclusion that PN is a crook, just like Joel Osteen is a crook and 90% of the other evangelical pastors that are out there to make gobs of money. I'll take my church that probably barely stays in the black anyday, where I can actually get my preacher to preside over a wedding or a funeral, etc. I want to have a relationship with my preacher, not have him be some untouchable figure that I can't speak to because my church contains thousands of people.

Seriously though...could you imagine if the feds got involved? Look at how the followers ITT are acting. You don't think they'd get violent? If these folks don't have a cult-type mentality I don't know what is.

Originally posted by Taylors_Tiger:
Both are accurate. Especially the book part about churches buying thousands of copies and the members giving 5 stars. The money is then funneled back to the pastor tax free.
Do you have proof that the church bought books (speaking specifically to NS) to "move it up the NYT best seller list" and proof that the money is funneled back to the pastor tax free?

Serious questions, I'm not being facetious.

So Newspring = Waco?

Agree with this. The leader of a church should never be bigger than that church. And imo should be men of quiet dignity and humility--willing to spend whatever time necessary with their congregation. I also believe true houses of God do not "beg" for your money. The church I attend has maybe one sermon every two years where tithing is even brought up or mentioned and we do not pass the plate (preferring to place it outside in the lobby, where your giving or not giving is a matter between you and God) To date our financial needs have always been met and things work out fine.

No proof except have heard stories from someone I trust that knows how both churches work. I have been told basically that their is a company that purchases for the church but makes it look like individual purchases. Like I said I have no real proof except for what I have heard from a person I trust has no reason to lie. The problem with all this is there is a lot being said that may not be able to prove but then again NS, elevation etc doesn't have or provide proof it doesn't happen bc there is no transparency.

I don't want to pick on just PN and Furtick because they are not the only ones involved in this shady "business". They are just easy to stand out bc of the size of their church, have died hair, seem cool, wear makeup and appear to enjoy putting on a show. Like I mentioned all pastors work the system to avoid paying taxes by the increase of housing allowance (non taxable). They never want a salary increase but are all about increasing their housing allowance.

Newspring, Elevation, and their buddies are 110% about money. They hide where their money goes, refuse to release how much they pay their leaders, and demand money and preach about it in every single service. I've been to many churches and it blows my mind how often Newspring/Elevation preach on money. There's a video where you can see Perry saying "seek first the Kingdom of God" is a scripture that is 100% related to giving your church money. How that even makes sense I'll never know. It is false witness as he has extremely wild interpretations of the bible to fit his wants. He has said people's cars break down, children get sick, there's homosexuals, and that people can't get a job because they don't give the church enough money and that if they started giving money all of those things would stop and we'd have less homosexuals. Those things happen because they have crappy cars, kids in bad shape, and not a good enough resume not because they don't give enough money to church. He has preached many times about how even if you can't afford to pay your bills you need to give money to church and that God will take care of you. Prosperity preaching is a joke and is not remotely close to true.

Newspring spent over 180 grand marketing and buying copies of Perry's first book to falsely put it on the NYT best seller's list. They admit as much. They falsely claim that every dollar went to the church. The church used tax exempt money to promote and support their pastor commercially which is illegal. They claim 100% of the money given to Perry for his speaking engagements go the church. Of course it does. That funnels it through tax free and goes back to him tax free through housing money and his insane food and travel budget among other things. Shady accounting at its finest.

If you like your tithes going towards trips for the pastor and his friends to eat at Sullivans, buy coffee, trips to Disney World, Boston, trips to the holy land every year and just so he can baptize his daughter in the Jordan River, trips to Atlanta just because Perry is hungry and wants a specific restaurant there, etc then Newspring is the place for you. Sure they do some good things too but a large portion of their tithes are put to use as wastefully as possible. They don't do anything good without making a giant show out of it and then lying about how 100% of their money goes to things like that. Perry makes way more than enough money he should be able to pay for his own food for his friends and his own trips yet the church picks up the tab every time and every service starts out with a guest speaker telling you how much you'll be blessed by giving the church the 10% that is rightfully theirs and claiming it was never yours in the first place.

I'll keep my trips to the ATM machine at the bank and skip out on the ones located in NS
FVCKIN NEW GUY COMIN IN HOT.
he-man-hey-o.gif

shock.gif

You may want to look around next time you go the credit card machines are most definitely there. I've been there "chief". Like I said in my last post above. Perry's constant bashing and laughing at his detractors has made his owners do the same. I've been to NS many times with dates. I lived a few doors down from Perry before moving out of the parent's house. One of his campus pastors is one of my best friends. I can take you to a coffee shop where NS staff has a tab and the same goes for Sullivans. NewSpringEverett...what a cute name. Of course you'd get all upset. Have you never thought with all the people questioning Newspring's money use and all the people that have come out saying they have seen and know places where NS/Perry wastes money that if they weren't hiding something that they'd release their books???? Why take on all the criticism they do while still refusing to be open about where the money actually goes. Try going to a normal church and see if they'll refuse to open their budget to a member. Won't happen. They'll tell you where every dollar went. NS can't and wont' do that. Do you ever wonder why? I'd hope it would at least cross your mind unless you really are just a blind follower.
Originally posted by nseverett:
Newspring, Elevation, and their buddies are 110% about money. They hide where their money goes, refuse to release how much they pay their leaders, and demand money and preach about it in every single service. I've been to many churches and it blows my mind how often Newspring/Elevation preach on money. There's a video where you can see Perry saying "seek first the Kingdom of God" is a scripture that is 100% related to giving your church money. How that even makes sense I'll never know. It is false witness as he has extremely wild interpretations of the bible to fit his wants. He has said people's cars break down, children get sick, there's homosexuals, and that people can't get a job because they don't give the church enough money and that if they started giving money all of those things would stop and we'd have less homosexuals. Those things happen because they have crappy cars, kids in bad shape, and not a good enough resume not because they don't give enough money to church. He has preached many times about how even if you can't afford to pay your bills you need to give money to church and that God will take care of you. Prosperity preaching is a joke and is not remotely close to true.

Newspring spent over 180 grand marketing and buying copies of Perry's first book to falsely put it on the NYT best seller's list. They admit as much. They falsely claim that every dollar went to the church. The church used tax exempt money to promote and support their pastor commercially which is illegal. They claim 100% of the money given to Perry for his speaking engagements go the church. Of course it does. That funnels it through tax free and goes back to him tax free through housing money and his insane food and travel budget among other things. Shady accounting at its finest.

If you like your tithes going towards trips for the pastor and his friends to eat at Sullivans, buy coffee, trips to Disney World, Boston, trips to the holy land every year and just so he can baptize his daughter in the Jordan River, trips to Atlanta just because Perry is hungry and wants a specific restaurant there, etc then Newspring is the place for you. Sure they do some good things too but a large portion of their tithes are put to use as wastefully as possible. They don't do anything good without making a giant show out of it and then lying about how 100% of their money goes to things like that. Perry makes way more than enough money he should be able to pay for his own food for his friends and his own trips yet the church picks up the tab every time and every service starts out with a guest speaker telling you how much you'll be blessed by giving the church the 10% that is rightfully theirs and claiming it was never yours in the first place.

I'll keep my trips to the ATM machine at the bank and skip out on the ones located in NS
After reading this, it's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about and just have some axe to grind. Can you PROVE any of your ridiculous claims about how that money is spent? I highly doubt it. And, for the record, there are no ATMs at Newspring, chief.

This post was edited on 4/18 1:00 AM by kylebw

Went to NewSpring for about a year or so a few years back. We would drive to the Anderson campus, but go to the Greenville one every now and then.

I can attest to the whole bodyguard thing. That started the process of us looking elsewhere. It was at the Greenville campus and a Tahoe pulls up at one of the back doors, Perry jumps out with about 5 or 6 guys encircling him. They then walk through to this back corridor near where we were checking our kids in. It was just weird how he was acknowledging people while being hurried by his "escort" through the room.

Also, they do get external audits done, but having served on finance teams at other churches (and currently where I attend) that doesn't mean much as they don't provide a breakdown of "Salary", it's just a lump sum, and staff (especially pastors) get housing allowances, car allowances, cell phone expense accounts, grocery expense accounts, travel expense, books/study expense, etc. Pretty much any expense occurred that can in anyway be tied to the church they get comped for, on top of their salary.

The church I attend now is smaller and the leaders transparent though so we know exactly where and who the money goes to and anything over budget either gets put somewhere that is in need or given to one of the charities we work with. The lead pastor drives the same car he did in college in lives in a small house (

Originally posted by clemsonu0219:
Originally posted by Taylors_Tiger:
Do you have proof that the church bought books (speaking specifically to NS) to "move it up the NYT best seller list" and proof that the money is funneled back to the pastor tax free?

Serious questions, I'm not being facetious.
Well for one, a quick internet search shows that PN's book was never a #1 NYT bestseller (It was this article will point out. The last article references ResultSource as a company that helps people get their books on the NYT bestseller list, and PN's good friend Mark Driskal (he wrote a glowing reviewing of PN's book on the NS homepage) is under fire right now for using that company to have his church buy enough books to have his book do that exact thing.

The internet man, crazy stuff if you just take a minute to look a few things up...

Originally posted by jmh9713:
Click on the video. Basically telling parents their kids are sick, their cars are broke, because they haven't given him his 10 percent ..........unbelievable

Disclaimer: I am a Southern Baptist and have attended both traditional and non traditional churches. The link above comes from an atheist guy who blogs apparently. Either way.......Perry Noble comes off as a salesmen for a pyramid scheme in these speeches. Its sad because he is using my faith to fill his pockets apparently

This post was edited on 4/17 12:10 AM by jmh9713
I don't know how anybody who has watched that video could sit in a "church" run by this man. Christianity is about humility, sacrifice, struggle, man's search for perfection in an imperfect body and an imperfect world. Giving of oneself physically, mentally, spiritually to others. Overcoming the Ego and finding personal happiness by making others happy, by caring for those around you. Look at Pope Francis for an example of a man trying to live a Christian life. I say that as a non Catholic.

God does not run some cosmic pay for play scheme, where if you give your 10% your car doesn't break down and your kid isn't sick. The god this man would have you believe in is a petulant child, demanding his money or else he'll smite you with a bunch of punishments, when the whole point of Christianity should be perseverance through the troubles of the world by faith and fellowship with other people.

Its disturbing to me that so many are drawn to this charlatanism. The man is a charismatic snake oil salesman.

Here is the only think I will put in this thread

#1: It amazes me that every time New Spring has a baptism they have thousands of people who give their lives to God and get Baptized. What does that say about the retention rate of the church? That is a little concerning from the outside looking in but it is what it is

#2: I hate the "I Love My Church" stuff. Why is it all about "My Church?"

#3: It has become such a production. Since the days @ Anderson College

#4: I do think Perry preaches some good sermons that can be put into practice on a daily basis. He makes some strong points and I have enjoyed quite a few of the, With family on staff we attend on occasion. I am not big on the smoke and light show but I do think there have been some solid messages that have challenged my thinking.

#5: You cannot lump all mega churches into the same group. I was happy when Seacoast stopped reporting numbers to such groups and decided to become a small church with big church resources.

It is a fine line. A churches job is to bring people to Christ and even if 100 people that would normally not become Christians, go public and get Baptized at New Spring and continue that path of developing a relationship it is hard to fault them.

Fact is, when I tithe, I am honoring God and have to trust the church uses that money to do the same. I feel in the research I have done, the works Seacoast has done, the churches they have help plant, the things they have done stateside and nation wide, that they are utilizing that money in that way.

Fact is when you grow as large as New Spring has there are going to be people on the outside looking in that are critical. But I do think New Spring brings a lot of that onto themselves. But maybe that is one reason they have grown so fast? Who knows...I know nothing about Elevation other than I have heard Furdick speak one time about his time at North Greenville living in the football dorms and he was funny as crap talking about holding Bible studies for football players and offering free food and dang near going broke

Here is the only think I will put in this thread

#1: It amazes me that every time New Spring has a baptism they have thousands of people who give their lives to God and get Baptized. What does that say about the retention rate of the church? That is a little concerning from the outside looking in but it is what it is

#2: I hate the "I Love My Church" stuff. Why is it all about "My Church?"

#3: It has become such a production. Since the days @ Anderson College

#4: I do think Perry preaches some good sermons that can be put into practice on a daily basis. He makes some strong points and I have enjoyed quite a few of the, With family on staff we attend on occasion. I am not big on the smoke and light show but I do think there have been some solid messages that have challenged my thinking.

#5: You cannot lump all mega churches into the same group. I was happy when Seacoast stopped reporting numbers to such groups and decided to become a small church with big church resources.

It is a fine line. A churches job is to bring people to Christ and even if 100 people that would normally not become Christians, go public and get Baptized at New Spring and continue that path of developing a relationship it is hard to fault them.

Fact is, when I tithe, I am honoring God and have to trust the church uses that money to do the same. I feel in the research I have done, the works Seacoast has done, the churches they have help plant, the things they have done stateside and nation wide, that they are utilizing that money in that way.

Fact is when you grow as large as New Spring has there are going to be people on the outside looking in that are critical. But I do think New Spring brings a lot of that onto themselves. But maybe that is one reason they have grown so fast? Who knows...I know nothing about Elevation other than I have heard Furdick speak one time about his time at North Greenville living in the football dorms and he was funny as crap talking about holding Bible studies for football players and offering free food and dang near going broke

My first experience with a "mega church" was when I was flipping channels one night and saw redemption woc and the apostle Ron preaching. So I started watching next thing I know he is walking around his congregation and said something like God is telling me one of you want to give me a $100 (not kidding) some guy hands him a $100 bill and he then walks through the choir and stops. Then says god is telling me to give you this money. Then hands the $100 to some lady in choir. Not sure if it was staged but I knew then this stuff wasn't for me.

LOL did you sign up for TI just to post ITT? I noticed it was your first post.

Seriously, though, and this is for everyone, is PN even an ordained minister? Did he attend seminary anywhere? Sorry if this has already been addressed.
I was a member for years and signed up about a month before signing day so no I didn't. Newspring and churches like it are not churches so I decided to post. Perry is not an ordained minister and never attended seminary. He's a self absorbed moron who has blindly led his followers to thinking being a christian and being blessed is all about how well you tithe. For the Newspring sheep who respond save your breath. Every single service he repeats over and over on how your problems will start to go away and you'll be blessed if you tithe to Newspring. He over and over and over repeats how God can handle your finances better than you can so you need to give your money to God. The I love my church shirts are a mockery. The church should promote loving Jesus and the bible not loving Newspring and Perry. Perry thinks he's a god like figure and newspring "owners" treat him as such. They don't dare question him and go nuts when someone else questions the church. It's hilarious really and they only act like that due to how often Perry himself makes fun of people who don't agree with Newspring. They're just sheep taking after their leader. The worst part of it all is they are so blind they don't realize it. He even preached about how it isn't about giving the tithe but BRINGING THE TITHE yet he has atm like machines and you can give online. That isn't bringing the tithe Perry.

The main part that kills me is he used to over and over beat people over the head with how 100% goes to missions. How does 100% of the tithe go to missions when he has 2 24/7 body guards, eats expensively while paying for all his friends that go with him all the time using church funds, travel nonstop all around the country using church money even for family trips, etc? The dude wastes money like it's nothing because he can freely spend the church's money and through his words and how often he makes fun of people who question him nobody dares to do so.

The accounting practices at NS are unethical as it gets. Perry gives every dollar he makes elsewhere to the church and they funnel it right back to him to avoid taxes. He then brags about how he gives it to the church like he is doing a good thing.

I don't see how the people who go there read the bible and claim to be christians while worshipping Perry who constantly bashes anyone who doesn't go to Newspring and constantly calls people who don't agree with the church jackasses, idiots, and morons. That isn't Christian behavior in the least. Newspring is just a platform for crazy Perry to spew his outlandish interpretations of scripture that are often extremely far fetched. He'll take scripture talking about something entirely different with no ties to money and claim that scripture has to do with tithing. He then will constantly say "you don't want to get into a bible debate with me...you'll lose" even though many in his church and most of his detractors have done more bible study than he has. He does sometimes have good services and good points but he ruins every single one of them with his greed and obsession with people tithing. In Perry's mind or else just in his greed he can somehow try to tie every single piece of scripture into giving money to the church. No other church I've ever heard of outside of the churches his friends have come close to the money grabbing crap Perry preaches.

I invite all NS "owners" to go sit in another church's service and think of HUGE difference in money talks at that church. It's insane.

Perry blatantly tells his members they aren't important enough to take his time or get to know him yet constantly brags about his vacations, some great food he just ate in Boston or Chicago, his great Disney trips, how proud he is that he could use the church's money to take his daughter and baptize her in the Jordan river, etc. He has tons of time to waste on travelling around the world but God forbid he give a simple phone call to a sick "owner".

I'd venture a good guess that Dabo is literally 100 times busier than Perry and is not a preacher yet how many stories do we hear of him visiting sick Clemson fans he has never met in the hospital?
You've got me curious...if Newspring refuses to release "the books", how do you know that Perry uses church money for all of the things that you claim he does? And another question; why are you so mad about it? Why so jealous? Has Perry somehow personally hurt you? Has Newspring somehow hurt you? You sure do have a lot of resentment and I'm just trying to figure out where it comes from.

Let me go ahead and address the blog, I read it yesterday and I can already see that that's what you'll try to respond with. I know for a fact that not everything in that blog is 100% accurate. But I will admit that if even one thing in the blog is true that it's very disappointing to me as a member of Newspring. The events detailed in that blog occurred before I started going to Newspring so I didn't have any knowledge of it prior to yesterday, but I do intend to do some digging and see what I can find out. I don't have high hopes for finding out much, but I know several people who have been going to Newspring since it had only a few dozen attendees, so hopefully they'll be able to tell me more about it.

And let me also say that there isn't a church anywhere in the world that isn't ran, organized, funded, and lead by sinners. People have the false idea that Christians are supposed to be perfect. Trust me, the "holier than thou" attitude that a lot of Christians have surely doesn't help matters, but just know that not everyone who claims they are a Christian really is. It's the same thing as the coots we have on this board. You don't really know what the intentions of that person are until they fully reveal themselves. One person can do a whole lot more damage to an organization from the inside than 100 people can from the outside. Don't be fooled.

But back to money...have you read the Bible? What topic did Jesus speak the most about? How much of Jesus's own money did he spend buying his food or paying for his trips? I can already guess, the simpleton in you is thinking "A ha!!! TT just said that Perry is Jesus! Can you believe that!?!?!?! What a "blind sheep", he's crazy!" No no no, let me explain; no, Perry isn't Jesus, he isn't anywhere close to Jesus. But when you do great things in Jesus's name, the saved will do great things for you, while the unsaved will hate you.

You claim that Perry twists and distorts the Bible, and there are definitely some things that he has an interesting interpretation of, but you have seriously gone off the deep end with all of your accusations. You have taken a whole bunch of things out of context. You probably went to Newspring once or a few times, didn't like what you heard, so you decided to go elsewhere before you truly understood the message that is being delivered. I know this because I was almost like you, I almost decided that Newspring wasn't the place for me, but through the efforts of my wife, I kept going and now I understand why things are the way they are at Newspring.

The truth is, talking about money makes people uncomfortable. Other churches don't talk about money because they don't want to make their members uncomfortable. If they did that, the church fears they would leave and ultimately the church would die. And they're right, but that's only because they've built the foundation of that church on the lie that "Everyone here is perfect and we're all just going to bask in each other's righteousness. Nobody here has financial problems, nobody here has addiction problems, nobody here has marital problems. We're all perfect, PRAISE JESUS!" If you do have those problems, you don't dare mention them to another member of your church; you'd be embarrassed, they'd be uncomfortable, and more than likely, you'd be asked to leave the church and not come back.

Newspring/Perry doesn't care about making people uncomfortable, nobody ever grew as a person or as a Christian by staying in their comfort zone. Newspring/Perry would rather you be an uncomfortable Christian on fire for Christ than a nice, lukewarm Christian who will get spit out of God's mouth because they were comfortable and stagnant.

And on a side note, to the people who claim that Newspring is only a place where people get saved and then don't have anyway of progressing from there, I'm sorry you feel that way but you need to take a more active role in your own Christianity. Seriously, do you expect someone to babysit you everyday? I've been going to Newspring for almost 5 years and I feel like I've just started growing. If you are honestly thinking, "OK, now I'm a Christian, but I don't know what to do next...", here is the answer: read your Bible everyday, get invovled with a small group/homegroup, volunteer at the church, and volunteer in the community. By the time you accomplish those steps, you'll know what you need to do next.

I don't post often, but feel led to after reading the posts in this thread over the past few days. Im troubled by many in their comments towards each other in this thread for calling themselves Christians but yet not showing love and kindness to one another. It goes without being said that no church is perfect and all have their inside politics and issues, but all churches also have their positive impact on communities in different ways.

I grew up in a small town in the lowcountry attending a traditional church where for the most part as a child I simply remember sleeping in my grandmother's lap during the sermon. I served in the church as a child and even was a summer youth leader when I was home from college. I knew no other ways in church than how I had grown up, except for our summer camps which brought me closer to God than any other time due to the style of worship. Coming back from church camp myself and the youth group was always on fire and wanting to serve more, but when we returned it was to the same old routine in the traditional church.

My first experience hearing Perry Noble was at FCA at Clemson in the mid 2000's and I did not particularly care for him personally as I believed that many issues that he spoke on were simply to have a better outward appearance. A few years later one of my roommates was serving at the church and invited me to attend simply because I never had plugged into a single church in the Clemson area as I would just bounce around to different services.

I say all of that to say this I'm happy that I was invited and gave Newspring a second look. The home groups that I have been a part of and the challenges put forth by the different pastors in the church have helped foster a close personal relationship with the Lord that I did not have to this level in the past. I don't put my hope in Newspring and Perry Noble, but in the Lord. God will judge my pastor and I don't believe it is my place to critique his every move he will be held accountable in the end and he is a human being just like the rest of us ? he is going to sin. I do tithe because in my heart I believe that I would be robbing God not bringing him my first tithe because it is already all his. I am only giving back what He has provided to me.

I am a high school football coach and teacher and can't count the number of students and players that have found the Lord through Newspring Church. Children that will not talk to their parents, but have volunteers that love them and mentor them in the church that I am so thankful for. So to answer the question of do I find it alarming that 9% of the budget went to missions, I dont. 24% went to facility upgrades which will lead to even more people finding Christ. 31 % went to staffing which fostered environment to attract those that are far away from God, and 36% went to operating and creating a place of community that welcomes all. So I believe 100% of my tithe is going towards doing the Lord's work.

Finally if anyone would like to attend a Sunday, I would love to have you go with my family and we will even treat you to lunch as long as you can find something on the 2 for 20 at Chilis or are ok with a burger at Fuddruckers remember I am on a teacher salary. I attended a Newspring Easter service last night so that I could attend Sunday church with my family back in the lowcountry, but any week after this please send me a message and would be happy to have you join us. This week I pray that those looking for hope in a single church or pastor, will realize they will all fail you at some point in the end I hope you find hope in the fact that the tomb is empty. Happy Easter to all!

Originally posted by cukick:

I don't post often, but feel led to after reading the posts in this thread over the past few days. Im troubled by many in their comments towards each other in this thread for calling themselves Christians but yet not showing love and kindness to one another. It goes without being said that no church is perfect and all have their inside politics and issues, but all churches also have their positive impact on communities in different ways.

I grew up in a small town in the lowcountry attending a traditional church where for the most part as a child I simply remember sleeping in my grandmother's lap during the sermon. I served in the church as a child and even was a summer youth leader when I was home from college. I knew no other ways in church than how I had grown up, except for our summer camps which brought me closer to God than any other time due to the style of worship. Coming back from church camp myself and the youth group was always on fire and wanting to serve more, but when we returned it was to the same old routine in the traditional church.

My first experience hearing Perry Noble was at FCA at Clemson in the mid 2000's and I did not particularly care for him personally as I believed that many issues that he spoke on were simply to have a better outward appearance. A few years later one of my roommates was serving at the church and invited me to attend simply because I never had plugged into a single church in the Clemson area as I would just bounce around to different services.

I say all of that to say this I'm happy that I was invited and gave Newspring a second look. The home groups that I have been a part of and the challenges put forth by the different pastors in the church have helped foster a close personal relationship with the Lord that I did not have to this level in the past. I don't put my hope in Newspring and Perry Noble, but in the Lord. God will judge my pastor and I don't believe it is my place to critique his every move he will be held accountable in the end and he is a human being just like the rest of us ? he is going to sin. I do tithe because in my heart I believe that I would be robbing God not bringing him my first tithe because it is already all his. I am only giving back what He has provided to me.

I am a high school football coach and teacher and can't count the number of students and players that have found the Lord through Newspring Church. Children that will not talk to their parents, but have volunteers that love them and mentor them in the church that I am so thankful for. So to answer the question of do I find it alarming that 9% of the budget went to missions, I dont. 24% went to facility upgrades which will lead to even more people finding Christ. 31 % went to staffing which fostered environment to attract those that are far away from God, and 36% went to operating and creating a place of community that welcomes all. So I believe 100% of my tithe is going towards doing the Lord's work.

Finally if anyone would like to attend a Sunday, I would love to have you go with my family and we will even treat you to lunch as long as you can find something on the 2 for 20 at Chilis or are ok with a burger at Fuddruckers remember I am on a teacher salary. I attended a Newspring Easter service last night so that I could attend Sunday church with my family back in the lowcountry, but any week after this please send me a message and would be happy to have you join us. This week I pray that those looking for hope in a single church or pastor, will realize they will all fail you at some point in the end I hope you find hope in the fact that the tomb is empty. Happy Easter to all!
Excellent post, cukick and thanks for your honesty. But you mention that you firmly believe that 100% of your tithes are being put to good use but how do you know for certain? Are you just going off blind faith? Or have you made an honest effort to hold those in power accountable of your hard-earned money. Do you do the same with your employer and school system? I should hope so!

Originally posted by Trading Tiger:

Originally posted by SWUtigers:

OK, now I get, just a misunderstanding. Some people might consider it their tithe or part of their tithe, but I have a feeling those are the same type of people who would go to one church but tithe at another or donate to some other charity and consider that their tithe...as you pointed out, it isn't.

You can designate your gifts, what I said was correct, and you are correct in saying that that designated money should not be considered part of your tithe. There also very well may be documents showing that the money was spent according to the designation, I've just never worried about asking. It goes back to what I said in another post, if God tells me to give money, I give money. If the Church doesn't use that money for the purpose that it was given, they'll have to account for it, but not to me, so why worry about it?
Trading, I do appreciate your enthusiasm and your commitment to the Clemson program because you literally provide a level of enthusiasm that I do seek out your posts and responses.

That said, your blind allegiance to NS is quite disturbing but I'm in no position to judge others. Even though you are tithing your hard-earned money, wouldn't you at least want to know that the money you are giving is being put to good use? You seem like a very smart, articulate person, how can you just blindly give to someone or an organization? If you aren't that concerned, though, why don't you just take your money and give to the homeless local shelter, soup kitchen, boys club...

What is it specifically that makes you want to give your money to NS?

I will certainly answer your question, but it's getting late and I can't give the answer the time it deserves. I'll reply tomorrow.
Trading, you may have forgotten in this COMPLETELY long thread but would you mind answering this question I posed yesterday?

the "big churches" are taking a lot of heat here.........the prosperity gospel goes against basically every teaching in the new testament....

listen to what Matt Chandler (who operates near Joel Osteen-ville).

I am a christ follower but do not care for Perry's teachings on finances and definitely do not care for Joel Osteen and those who seem to euate happiness, comfort and financial stability to God's blessings.

Matt Chandler on the prosperity gospel

It's amazing how this thread has grown since I last posted a few days ago. It's also amazing how many people on this website have no clue what they are talking about, yet they try their best to convince the gullible otherwise. What disappoints me, though, is to see so called "Christians" put down another church that is reaching thousands for Jesus. I, and any real Christian, would never say those things about another church, even if that church isn't the one that's for me and the one that I attend. I thank God for churches everywhere that preach from the Bible and bring people to Christ. That's okay though. We will keep preaching the gospel and doing everything short of sin to bring people to Christ. 75 salvations at our Easter service last night, and I praise God for that. Carry on and Happy Easter! I'm done with this thread.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ~ Romans 5:6-8 NIV

OK, now I get, just a misunderstanding. Some people might consider it their tithe or part of their tithe, but I have a feeling those are the same type of people who would go to one church but tithe at another or donate to some other charity and consider that their tithe...as you pointed out, it isn't.

You can designate your gifts, what I said was correct, and you are correct in saying that that designated money should not be considered part of your tithe. There also very well may be documents showing that the money was spent according to the designation, I've just never worried about asking. It goes back to what I said in another post, if God tells me to give money, I give money. If the Church doesn't use that money for the purpose that it was given, they'll have to account for it, but not to me, so why worry about it?
Trading, I do appreciate your enthusiasm and your commitment to the Clemson program because you literally provide a level of enthusiasm that I do seek out your posts and responses.

That said, your blind allegiance to NS is quite disturbing but I'm in no position to judge others. Even though you are tithing your hard-earned money, wouldn't you at least want to know that the money you are giving is being put to good use? You seem like a very smart, articulate person, how can you just blindly give to someone or an organization? If you aren't that concerned, though, why don't you just take your money and give to the homeless local shelter, soup kitchen, boys club...

What is it specifically that makes you want to give your money to NS?

I will certainly answer your question, but it's getting late and I can't give the answer the time it deserves. I'll reply tomorrow.
Trading, you may have forgotten in this COMPLETELY long thread but would you mind answering this question I posed yesterday?
SWU, I think I was the first to respond to original post yesterday. Unbelievable what this has turned into. I am not speaking for Trading. What is it that specifically makes you want to give to your church? I would hope that it is the admonition of the Scriptures that we should "bring the tithe into the storehouse". People ITT don't understand that the facilities and everything that goes on in a service at NS is designed to bring people to the saving grace of our Lord and Savior. This is documented by the hundreds, even thousands of people across this state that have done this since NS started as a ministry. I know for a fact that Perry only admonishes the members,(owners) to tithe and give. He specifically tells visitors that by no means should they feel compelled to give anything when the tithes and offerings are given during the service. Malachi 3:8-10 - Luke 6: 37-38.

Originally posted by Mr. Clemson:

Just did a quick search of their financials and found that roughly 80% of their $50 MILLION dollar income goes to the church and it's operation. A mere 9% actually goes to mission trips. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but where is this church giving back? What are they doing SPECIFICALLY to better the community they are in? If you can provide me with specific examples with dollar figures (if possible), I would appreciate it. Personally, this would be extremely worrisome to see this graphic.
What are we doing to "better the community" we are in? 11,983 total salvations in 2013. That's a start.

I'm not going into any other specifics with you, because you obviously have some form of agenda against our church.
Yes, that is a start. But I think the concern is, if those 11,983 people are giving to NewSpring, only 9% of that money is going to missions/aiding the needy. It is great to have more people knowing Christ, but if they aren't speading the word more than recruiting and home groups, is it really following the example Christ set?

It's amazing how this thread has grown since I last posted a few days ago. It's also amazing how many people on this website have no clue what they are talking about, yet they try their best to convince the gullible otherwise. What disappoints me, though, is to see so called "Christians" put down another church that is reaching thousands for Jesus. I, and any real Christian, would never say those things about another church, even if that church isn't the one that's for me and the one that I attend. I thank God for churches everywhere that preach from the Bible and bring people to Christ. That's okay though. We will keep preaching the gospel and doing everything short of sin to bring people to Christ. 75 salvations at our Easter service last night, and I praise God for that. Carry on and Happy Easter! I'm done with this thread.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ~ Romans 5:6-8 NIV
Look Mr. Clemson, I started this thread and my whole point was not to mock the church (although I admit to find some humor in some of the militant stances made here) but to figure our the fascination with this church. I've also revealed the financials of the church I attend in Columbia, which is a very detailed financial statement that is easily attainable online in just a few short clicks.

I've YET to see anything other than blind trust coming from the "owners" here about how their funds are utilized. I also, find the fact that you guys get angry when someone questions that to be revealing as well.

Hmmm...you obviously haven't read what Paul wrote to the church in Corinth, or Ephesus. Churches, and especially those that lead them, most definitely should be held accountable. Leaders are responsible for their flock, and the example they give.

I think it's 100% biblical for me or any other Christian to voice our concerns about a church that may not be operating like the early church and the way Jesus intended.

Like I said earlier in this thread, nothing wrong with living comfortably, but IMO a pastor living in a $400,000+ house looks more like the pharisees then the early leaders of the church.

If Newspring's message to the masses is really "tithe 10% so your kid won't get sick and your car won't break down", which is EXACTLY what your founding preacher said in the video clip above, then you're doing those masses and yourselves a great disservice. To say nothing of the myriad of accusations from separate sources about what happens to the 10% once its given. Anybody who would preach that is missing the point so much thats it would be comical if it weren't dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT