ADVERTISEMENT

Election

Here's an even better little nugget. If current totals hold, Biden is the victor with a 270-268 margin. Once the Census is counted this will be reversed and Trump will be the winner. Isn't that just grand?

How does the census figure in? I assumed that all states get their electoral votes based on the population at the time of the election, and that it wasn't really reversible.

I assume you are saying that the results would officially be overturned, and not just theoretically.

You realize that his power to do those things is going to be very limited right? The Republican senate will stifle him at every turn.

Your day to day life will be the same under Biden that it was under Trump.
I didnt read the entire thread .... dont really need too, BUT ... ^this post sums up my thoughts perfectly.

One party with the Presidency, the other in control of the Senate (with a narrow margin) is ... perfect outcome IMO. No party can implement wholesale change and forces them to debate and compromise ..... AND stay the F out of our lives.

I am a Republican who voted for Biden. I wonder how many people didn't vote for Hillary because they didn't like her? I voted for Trump in 2016, I wasn't thrilled with him then (because of his morals) but decided to give him my vote.

I have served this country in the military and retired as a Captain from a fire department here in S.C. I have (and do) always treat all people ALL the same. I am all about morality and respect! I didn't always get respect in emergency calls, but I expected that at times. It didn't change my attitude, treatment of assistance to help a fellow citizen (or non-citizen). Trump has shown very little of this in 4 years, especially if you disagree or spoke out against him. I have never witnessed any leader lie as much as he did and still does.

That is the good thing about this country, we get to decide who we vote for. My vote may come back to haunt me, but I am ok with that. I have lived through many difficult times in my 54 years, and I expect to have more. Some of my most difficult ones have been in the last 4 years. Biden is not without faults and failures, who is?

I believe this country is filled with good people on both sides, and we will prevail! You get another vote of your choice in 4 years, maybe we vote for the same person then.

Best wishes to you and yours!

THIS x 1000. I gave some thought to voting for Trump in 2016, because I really didn't like Clinton. But I thought about who Trump has been his entire life and simply couldn't do it. I don't love Biden at all. Personally, I don't think he's going to be a particularly effective President. But IMHO Joe Biden is a fundamentally decent person. I may bring home a bigger paycheck under Trump (and I currently do). But I'd rather have less money and rest easier in the knowledge that the person in charge has an actual sense of right and wrong. That Trumps (pun intended) my personal paycheck. The ends DO NOT justify the means.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't believe that all Republicans (or insert Democrats if you are on the other side of the aisle) are somehow evil and out to destroy the country. Like @iptaytiger1 above, I believe that this country is full of good, decent people on both sides of the aisle, with a small minority of really bad people that make up for their lack of quantity by being REALLY bad.

Some of you guys are better than me

I’ll just own up to it

this is what the GOP has turned into? Demanding that folks stop counting ballots? ballots that were validly cast. just unbelievable. truly unbelievable.

election night was a complete disaster for democrats, we lost seats in the house we were expected to win and lost almost all of the toss-ups. We wont gain control of the senate. Do you see democrats banging on counting center doors demanding to disenfranchise voters?

That's one of the scariest things about his chanters. He so easily hypnotizes these cultists into doing his bidding, no matter how deranged his tweets are.

It is laughabLe that people won’t vote for Trump because they don’t like him! This isn‘t a high school popularity contest! This is about our economy and the direction you want for the countr.y! Hot take! You don’t have do like him and want to be his bud to vote for him! He has been a phenomenal President! Biden hasn’t done a damn thing in 5 decades. You think he’s gonna start now?

I'd like to field this one. I and the majority of Americans voted Trump out precisely because of the direction he's taking this country, not in spite of it. Do you really think it's just because we don't like him personally?

How does the census figure in? I assumed that all states get their electoral votes based on the population at the time of the election, and that it wasn't really reversible.

I assume you are saying that the results would officially be overturned, and not just theoretically.

I am primarily concerned about the divisions in our country. The tribalism is off the chain. I am part of it. I have tremendous resentment and an extremely low opinion of Democrats. I'd like to do better with that. My point is that a lot of people would latch on to the idea that once things adjust we'd end up having a situation where Trump would have won given the same results we had last night. Of course, that assumes Trump wins Georgia, NC and Pennsylvania. Either way, I am ready for this to be behind us.

Not that it's going to be relevant, but am I the only one that's super confused why they haven't called Alaska yet?

NBC, a heavy democratic source, said that of all US registered voters, 65% voted in this years election. Let's take a look at the region causing some issues.

National 65%

Minnesota 90%
Wisconsin 89%
Ohio 71%
Michigan 70%
Illinois 63%
Indiana 63%

NBC, a heavy democratic source, said that of all US registered voters, 65% voted in this years election. Let's take a look at the region causing some issues.

National 65%

Minnesota 90%
Wisconsin 89%
Ohio 71%
Michigan 70%
Illinois 63%
Indiana 63%

Those swing states tend to vote in higher numbers since they know that their vote absolutely matters. Wisky is typically within 10-30k votes. Also, mail in voting and early voting is expansions and increasing turn-out

Also, don't look now, but Georgia is now 60k vote difference with 4% left to count, and they have said that it's from Atlanta. That could get really tight by the end, although I'd be shocked if it flipped

Once again this race is not over yet. Trump has a path to victory and a lot of yall are crawling out for a victory lap as if you did something other than talk trash on this messageboard. We all had and Im assuming used our votes and thats it. Everyone has an opinion.

Im still optimistic that Trump wins GA, NC, PA, and either AZ or NV and he gets four more years, so all of you celebrating might want to put a plug in it for a bit longer. It would be some sad crying here after all the trash talking going on in this thread. I especially love it when yall choose to insult a man that has accomplished much more in life than any of you will ever dream to and additionally you can take your moral pontification of how Trump is mean and keep it to yourself as its a non factor for people not living fully in a beta emotional level. I try to use logic and look at results when I make decisions in life. Our country would be incredibly lucky to have 4 more years of Trump.

If Trump loses though then I will carry on with my life and still hope and pray for the success of our nation.

ps - I fully support Trump exhausting every legal option that he feels has merit in this race. The entire universal mail in vote deal and other exceptions made to established rules is not legitimate in my opinion. Trump has been telling everyone this would happen and here we are.

Once again this race is not over yet. Trump has a path to victory and a lot of yall are crawling out for a victory lap as if you did something other than talk trash on this messageboard. We all had and Im assuming used our votes and thats it. Everyone has an opinion.

Im still optimistic that Trump wins GA, NC, PA, and either AZ or NV and he gets four more years, so all of you celebrating might want to put a plug in it for a bit longer. It would be some sad crying here after all the trash talking going on in this thread. I especially love it when yall choose to insult a man that has accomplished much more in life than any of you will ever dream to and additionally you can take your moral pontification of how Trump is mean and keep it to yourself as its a non factor for people not living fully in a beta emotional level. I try to use logic and look at results when I make decisions in life. Our country would be incredibly lucky to have 4 more years of Trump.

If Trump loses though then I will carry on with my life and still hope and pray for the success of our nation.

ps - I fully support Trump exhausting every legal option that he feels has merit in this race. The entire universal mail in vote deal and other exceptions made to established rules is not legitimate in my opinion. Trump has been telling everyone this would happen and here we are.

What makes you feel that mail in voting is illegitimate? And for the record, all of these votes were received under "established rules" of each state. The voting deadlines in Pennsylvania have been upheld twice by the Supreme Court in Pennsylvania.

Trump isn’t winning, and there’s nothing illegitimate about any of the voting. Goodness I’ve never seen a worse group of sore losers.

Trump should absolutely win nc, ga, pa but I don’t think he wins overall.

Trump isn’t winning, and there’s nothing illegitimate about any of the voting. Goodness I’ve never seen a worse group of sore losers.

Its not being a sore loser to not give up at this point. Thats just not sensible. I would be extremely disappointed if Trump loses, but so be it. Its got to be legitimate.

What makes you feel that mail in voting is illegitimate? And for the record, all of these votes were received under "established rules" of each state. The voting deadlines in Pennsylvania have been upheld twice by the Supreme Court in Pennsylvania.

These rules were jammed in this summer due to covid and it opens the door for fraud and cheating plain and simple. Absentee voting is fine, but mailing millions of ballots out with no verification is not. In PA, they are now waiving signature verification and basically not looking hard at postage date marks. They put all this in while at the same time people were going to retail shops all over the country with no problem. No reason that voting could not have taken place as normal. I am suspicious of the mail in vote in MI,WI,PA in particuliar.

The point I would again make to everyone is the current tightening in Pennsylvania and what happened in Michigan and Wisconsin was not a surprise. Everyone knew that mail in votes couldn't be counted until election day. They take much longer to count, and we know that they are heavily democrat.

After the election in Penn falls to Biden, I wonder is republicans will have major regret that they didn't focus on getting their mail in vote stronger instead of trying to de-legitimize it.

These rules were jammed in this summer due to covid and it opens the door for fraud and cheating plain and simple. Absentee voting is fine, but mailing millions of ballots out with no verification is not. In PA, they are now waiving signature verification and basically not looking hard at postage date marks. They put all this in while at the same time people were going to retail shops all over the country with no problem. No reason that voting could not have taken place as normal. I am suspicious of the mail in vote in MI,WI,PA in particuliar.

Again, this process was already adjudicated in court in each of those states. There is very little legal recourse left to Trump.

Again, this process was already adjudicated in court in each of those states. There is very little legal recourse left to Trump.

Not true. The merits were not ruled on by scotus on the 4-4 tie. It can be sent back. Trump has already said he will go to scotus.

The point I would again make to everyone is the current tightening in Pennsylvania and what happened in Michigan and Wisconsin was not a surprise. Everyone knew that mail in votes couldn't be counted until election day. They take much longer to count, and we know that they are heavily democrat.

After the election in Penn falls to Biden, I wonder is republicans will have major regret that they didn't focus on getting their mail in vote stronger instead of trying to de-legitimize it.

Once again, everyone understands the concept that the mail in vote will tilt to Biden, but not in these percentages. It should more around 60 to 65 percent, but its much higher and there are some crazy discrepancies like when 128K votes were added for Biden in WI and 0 for Trump in one drop and this occurred in the wee hours. I cut the tv off around 330am on Wednesday morning and Trump was up almost 200k in WI and 300K in MI, but by the time my wife checked it around 7am, they had Biden even or ahead. The key is all LEGAL votes have to be counted.

Reactions: toasted8CU
I'd also like to gloat a bit over how awesome it is that Trump's abhorrent treatment of John McCain, and his refusal to make peace with Cindy McCain, is coming back to haunt him in a significant way. I always believed his narcissism and hubris would be his downfall. There's nobody in this country who deserves to take a bigger L than Donald Trump, and I am looking forward to his total meltdown between now and Biden's inauguration.

so you are still hopeful that the tally of mail in votes will go in trumps favor and he can win. But if that does not happen, then you support those votes being tossed out? So a mail invite for trump is legit, but a mail in vote for Biden is not. Got it.

come on man. Maybe, just maybe all those polls were right? It is looking more and more like when all votes are counted that Biden will win in a landslide. He will take Pennsylvania today, possibly GA also.

Once again, everyone understands the concept that the mail in vote will tilt to Biden, but not in these percentages. It should more around 60 to 65 percent, but its much higher and there are some crazy discrepancies like when 128K votes were added for Biden in WI and 0 for Trump in one drop and this occurred in the wee hours. I cut the tv off around 330am on Wednesday morning and Trump was up almost 200k in WI and 300K in MI, but by the time my wife checked it around 7am, they had Biden even or ahead. The key is all LEGAL votes have to be counted.

Is the 128k you’re talking about in MI and not WI? That was already debunked and the GOP consultant who originally posted it admitted this was an error and removed the original tweet.

I am genuinely curious as I keep hearing claims like this from intelligent people who I respect, but I haven’t seen anything so far that causes me concern (other than the misinformation being spread), much less legitimate evidence.

So if Trump keeps PA, NC, and GA and either NV or AZ then he wins. It would give him over 270. Outside of that he loses.

pretty simple.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I'm talking about how we vote and how we count votes. I know I said 100% democrat areas because that's what's happened. But the reality is this isn't a partisan matter. It happened here in Georgia. It's happened all over the country. It's a lot of really silly stuff that we're seeing going on. Even if it's all correct it's still left in the dark as questionable. I'm not fine with mail-in ballots and absentee ballots being post marked the day of the election. I don't care how things break for which party.

Trump is going to lose and he has no one to blame but himself. He has allowed a walking dead person to beat him. That's 100% on Trump and his childish behavior. For me it's more about the principle because Trump is about to fade away (thank goodness though I wish it was 4 years from now because I am so terrified of the Democrats) and how we do things going forward will matter. This year and recent years aren't OK. Democrat areas can't just hold out until the end. It's not OK for them to run their elections with the same incompetence and stupidity with which they run their cities.
While counties count ballots, they play by rules set by the Legislature and the Sec of State. In Georgia, those are Republican controlled positions. So please explain why the GOP would put voting rules in place to unseat the sitting Republican president.

I will hang up and await your answer.

Here's an even better little nugget. If current totals hold, Biden is the victor with a 270-268 margin. Once the Census is counted this will be reversed and Trump will be the winner. Isn't that just grand?
Please tell me you didn't graduate with a political science degree. What in God's name does the 2020 census have to do with the electors for the presidential race? The reapportionment of congressional seats - and thus the electoral college - won't become effective until 2022. It has no impact on the EVs of the states in 2020. That was established in 2012 following the 2010 census.

Such looney theories are found on TI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT