ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk - Centrist - Battle To Death With Woke Mind Virus

Maybe so, but the $$$$ say Meta has a pretty solid product.
No doubt. We can look at the numbers and it is not in dispute that Meta has great products. But we were specifically talking about innovation and new products.

I guess you could consider Threads a new product, but thats a copy cat, not innovation. The VR headsets are new products and innovative and appeal to the young kids. Maybe the META Verse could be cool? Are they still doing that?

But if we compare VR headsets to robots that do your dishes and laundry, im going with the robot!

Maybe they should focus on Tesla.

Seems like he needed some more things to focus on. This will be the second major University opened in Austin recently. This has to be a good thing, we need more schools in this country!

It's called level of current market saturation. X is already on the vast majority of phones.
At a time when he needs to increase the number of users, the growth is stagnating and users are fleeing. You need to accept that good people don't approve of people like you.

Musk is a really smart Dude for sure. He seems to be a good engineer and is able to bring new technologies to the market and runs a pretty damn good space company. He's made a ton of money.

IMHO the problem he's got is a couple of problems that lots of really smart and successful people have. Namely:

A: He thinks that being really smart means that others are dumb.

B: He thinks that being really smart makes him an expert at everything, even stuff he knows nothing about.

To use a football comparison: Musk is a 6'2'', 200+ pound WR with great hands and great speed. Probably the fastest guy on the field. He's a game changer and Defensive Coordinators lose sleep figuring out how to defend him. BUT two good DBs with occasional safety help can absolutely shut him down ( at the expense of leaving others in single coverage ). AND what happens when you bring him inside and ask him to block a pass rushing DE/LB or a stunting DT? He gets his ass handed to him while he's staring up at the stadium lights.

This is Musk. SpaceX and Tesla represent game changers that have revolutionized the space and car industries more than anything in the past 50 years. The genius here is hard to overstate. But Must doesn't know a damn thing about social media, social media companies, or the public relations that is KEY in that industry. That doesn't make him less smart, he just isn't an expert at it.

Just getting back to the subject of the thread. He's running a company that depends on advertisers for almost all of the company's income. Unless you have advertisers lining up to spend money on you (which he obviously doesn't).. PUBLICALLY telling one of the biggest ones you have to F*** off MAY not be the best move. Does he get style points? Sure. That and $10 will get you some fancy coffee drink at Starbucks. But style points aren't going to help you make payroll.

I get why he did it. He's smart, successful. He's got an ego that he earned by being successful and making tons of money. In other words he's not used to taking shit from anyone. That's gotten him in a TON of trouble at X. That company is bleeding cash, a shadow of their former selves, and can't even pay their bills right now.

Don’t underestimate The man

He has a plan and money

It's chinese state run shit
Yah, just read a quick synopsis and I see they've received 2 out of 5 stars with people complaining about bad quality and slow or no deliveries. I'd rather not contribute to their success.

I hear ya. Don't know much about Temu but they must have insanely low prices to be that popular.

Yah, just read a quick synopsis and I see they've received 2 out of 5 stars with people complaining about bad quality and slow or no deliveries. I'd rather not contribute to their success.
When thinking of Temu, think of Walmart circa early to mid 80’s. Walmart’s strategy for growth was to go into small/mid sized towns/cities, offer products at extremely low prices which would kill “Main Street” and independently owned business, thus leaving Walmart as the only option for a majority of goods. Then Walmart would force suppliers into fixed pricing models that undercut the suppliers profit margin, thus forcing suppliers/manufacturers to reduce production costs. This typically meant a reduction in product quality and/or reduction/outsourcing of labor. Soooooooooooooooo ya ….. those people in small towns shot themselves in the foot all because they wanted to save $2 on a toaster, they got their cheaply made toaster all the while losing their blue collar manufacturing job. Meanwhile, billionaires are richer, the middle class got poorer …..

Sooooooooo ya …. That’s Temu, but on a global scale. My wife bought some BS Lego sets for my son a year ago off Temu. She was all excited because she “saved money”. I told her that she was aiding in the downfall of human civilization lol …….. soooooo ya ………. don’t use Temu chastise/bully anyone who does. Haha

When thinking of Temu, think of Walmart circa early to mid 80’s. Walmart’s strategy for growth was to go into small/mid sized towns/cities, offer products at extremely low prices which would kill “Main Street” and independently owned business, thus leaving Walmart as the only option for a majority of goods. Then Walmart would force suppliers into fixed pricing models that undercut the suppliers profit margin, thus forcing suppliers/manufacturers to reduce production costs. This typically meant a reduction in product quality and/or reduction/outsourcing of labor. Soooooooooooooooo ya ….. those people in small towns shot themselves in the foot all because they wanted to save $2 on a toaster, they got their cheaply made toaster all the while losing their blue collar manufacturing job. Meanwhile, billionaires are richer, the middle class got poorer …..

Sooooooooo ya …. That’s Temu, but on a global scale. My wife bought some BS Lego sets for my son a year ago off Temu. She was all excited because she “saved money”. I told her that she was aiding in the downfall of human civilization lol …….. soooooo ya ………. don’t use Temu chastise/bully anyone who does. Haha
Thanks for the insight - I don't need cheap, low quality products badly enough that I'm willing to hurt the American worker to get them.

Picked up my Tesla yesterday. It’s awesome, that is all. All the haters will figure it out sooner or later.

For those that don’t know, Full Self Driving is Tesla’s autonomous driving software. Tested it out in the new car and it is unbelievable what it can do.

Autonomous driving is here fam. Teslas can drive themselves all over town, no problem. Very rare that I need to interrupt the car.

Additionally, EV vehicles are far superior to
Combustion engines, except for a small subset of people who drive more than 200 miles a day.

Cheaper to buy, cheaper to operate, and a superior car in almost every single way.

I like my tesla so much I already ordered another one that will be here in February.

My Christmas tip to the board is that Tesla Stock is massive undervalued.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
For those that don’t know, Full Self Driving is Tesla’s autonomous driving software. Tested it out in the new car and it is unbelievable what it can do.

Autonomous driving is here fam. Teslas can drive themselves all over town, no problem. Very rare that I need to interrupt the car.

Additionally, EV vehicles are far superior to
Combustion engines, except for a small subset of people who drive more than 200 miles a day.

Cheaper to buy, cheaper to operate, and a superior car in almost every single way.

I like my tesla so much I already ordered another one that will be here in February.

My Christmas tip to the board is that Tesla Stock is massive undervalued.
RIP

FSD is good until it isn’t. That 99.99% accuracy is great unless the 0.01% can cause death.

Tesla’s are cheap, poorly manufactured, ugly cars. Elon is the greatest snake oil salesman of our generation.

RIP

FSD is good until it isn’t. That 99.99% accuracy is great unless the 0.01% can cause death.

Tesla’s are cheap, poorly manufactured, ugly cars. Elon is the greatest snake oil salesman of our generation.
Nah.

I got one last week and liked it so much I ordered another one.

FSD is much safer than humans driving.

Ice cars will be obsolete in 10-15 years, not because the government mandated electric cars but because they are far superior.

Tesla is the market leader and they have a massive head start on the competition. On Monday they release q4 car sales and I think k they blow it out of the water.

As Elon says, “just wait, you will see”

This is where I stand. Y’all can laugh at me in a couple years if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Elon Musk's X gets another valuation cut from Fidelity​

By the numbers: Fidelity believes that X is worth 71.5% less than at the time of purchase, according to a new disclosure that runs through the end of November 2023 (Fidelity revalues private shares on a one-month lag).

• This includes a 10.7% cut during November, during which time Musk told boycotting X advertisers to "go f**k yourself" during an on-stage interview with the New York Times.
  • In terms of publicly traded comps, Meta stock rose 4.9% in November while Snap shares climbed 38.2%.

• Haha
Reactions: firegiver

Elon Musk's X gets another valuation cut from Fidelity​

By the numbers: Fidelity believes that X is worth 71.5% less than at the time of purchase, according to a new disclosure that runs through the end of November 2023 (Fidelity revalues private shares on a one-month lag).

• This includes a 10.7% cut during November, during which time Musk told boycotting X advertisers to "go f**k yourself" during an on-stage interview with the New York Times.
  • In terms of publicly traded comps, Meta stock rose 4.9% in November while Snap shares climbed 38.2%.

I don’t get the obsession with this.

1) traffic on X is at all time highs
2) The Money doesn’t mean anything to Elon.
3) it will be worth many multiples of $44B when Elon gets done with it.

Any haters want to short it at $17B valuation? Didn’t think so. Ask Bill Gates how that turns out .

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I don’t get the obsession with this.

1) traffic on X is at all time highs
2) The Money doesn’t mean anything to Elon.
3) it will be worth many multiples of $44B when Elon gets done with it.

Any haters want to short it at $17B valuation? Didn’t think so. Ask Bill Gates how that turns out .
Just admit that in the short term, he's doing a terrible job manning the ship.

Go MAGA and profits Stagga

Just admit that in the short term, he's doing a terrible job manning the ship.

Go MAGA and profits Stagga
I disagree strongly.

Short term pain equals long term gain.

The valuation matters very little. It does allow the current employees to get a better return on their equity options. That’s the only reason I can see that it matters?

Again, none of the people clamoring about X valuation would be willing to short it at that level.

I disagree strongly.

Short term pain equals long term gain.

The valuation matters very little. It does allow the current employees to get a better return on their equity options. That’s the only reason I can see that it matters?

Again, none of the people clamoring about X valuation would be willing to short it at that level.
It matters to his shareholders...

It matters to his shareholders...
Larry Ellison?
A few banks that would lick Elons balls to have a chance at his business?

It literally means nothing but positives for the people who are issued equity at that valuation.

What is the difference between the U.S. fighting Mexico to take Texas Vs Russia fighting to take back Ukraine as part of the USSR ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT