ADVERTISEMENT

Russia officially invades

But he pulled that out of his butt. Lets cure cancer is a generic cause that everyone will agree with. In other words he just did it for a gratuitous applause. To me the speech was about what I expected and I had low expectations. I would agree that it could have been worse though. I am always worried about what might happen when he has to stay on stage for an extended time.
Soooooo true story, the wife of my wife’s mentor was one of the nurses on the team that treated Beau Biden. She is a staunch Republican, be she said toward the end that Joe was at the Hospital everyday, making ridiculous time commuting from DC to spend as much time with his son as he could before he passed.

Look … I don’t know Biden… but I have lost people very close to me due to cancer and Im sure you have as wel. You’re free to believe what you want … but unlike a lot of politicians and talking heads, I believe Joe when he says he wants to focus on cancer treatments and cutting the mortality rate by 50%

now … will the pharmaceutical companies, who make billions from chemo/etc, be willing to let go of their customer base????? Only time will tell

Biden is trying to imitate Trump in a lying way of course related to funding police, build in America and so on, He has even tried to copy "Make America Great Again" with a cheap 3 dollar bill imitation called "build back better".

With Biden seemingly stating he is wanting to do Trump type policy then why are you not very unhappy with Doofus Joe?

For the record just about everything Biden said was major BS. The US just recorded the largest trade deficit on record in 2021 btw.
Biden’s entire speech (other than the parts about Ukraine) was geared towards ‘appearing’ as if he/they are moving towards the center because the midterm elections are coming up in November, and they are polling horribly with the Independents right now. When in fact the Dem Party has done nothing but demonize the police for years, and yes defund them. Have intentionally for the past year opened our southern borders to anyone and everyone who wants to come. (Over 2 million have come in illegally over the past year) Have done nothing but divide our country with with racial bullshit and lies. But yeah the midterms are coming up. Unbelievable how deceptive these nuts are.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Soooooo true story, the wife of my wife’s mentor was one of the nurses on the team that treated Beau Biden. She is a staunch Republican, be she said toward the end that Joe was at the Hospital everyday, making ridiculous time commuting from DC to spend as much time with his son as he could before he passed.

Look … I don’t know Biden… but I have lost people very close to me due to cancer and Im sure you have as wel. You’re free to believe what you want … but unlike a lot of politicians and talking heads, I believe Joe when he says he wants to focus on cancer treatments and cutting the mortality rate by 50%

now … will the pharmaceutical companies, who make billions from chemo/etc, be willing to let go of their customer base????? Only time will tell
Well hopefully the covid related revenue means they can start to write down revenue on the chemo/etc side but never underestimate big pharma's ability to be total sh*t bags. My mom passed from lung cancer and brain tumors when I was 13, she was only 33 and the treatments were so expensive that my aunt and uncle almost went broke helping us pay for it. Imagine being a 13 year old and trying to understand why insurance doesn't cover certain drugs when your mom is too sick to do so.

Props for being a “jerk”. Thank God we have a few politicians that will take a stance against this ridiculousness. Yes Covid is real but masks and mandates are bs. It’s been around a long time. Maybe one day we will know the how and why -19 occurred. I wouldn’t bet on it under this administration.
Why am I not surprised that you support a governor publicly humiliating high school kids who just wanted to be safer in a crowd. Don't think that will leave a scar? Imagine being talked to like that on live television when you were in high school by the highest official in your state. He is a raging piece of sh*t so of course you love him. MAGAS love them some assholes SMH

Biden’s entire speech (other than the parts about Ukraine) was geared towards ‘appearing’ as if he/they are moving towards the center because the midterm elections are coming up in November, and they are polling horribly with the Independents right now. When in fact the Dem Party has done nothing but demonize the police for years, and yes defund them. Have intentionally for the past year opened our southern borders to anyone and everyone who wants to come. (Over 2 million have come in illegally over the past year) Have done nothing but divide our country with with racial bullshit and lies. But yeah the midterms are coming up. Unbelievable how deceptive these nuts are.
The challenge for the last 3 or 4 presidential terms is the waning respect for the office in general not just the man/woman. People will be up in arms with Boebert's outburst and to be fair, the message was right, the timing wasn't but those quick to judge only need to look back to Trump's SOTU address in 2020 when Pelosi ripped up the speech right behind him. Both pretty awful from State Reps.

That said, you only have to look at the differences in the press after both outbursts to see how bias everything is: "Boebert Heckles Biden, Boebert embarrasses herself, Boebert called Trash for disrupting......" when you compare to Pelosi you get: "Nancy Pelosi ripping up Trump's speech might not have been planned but may have been effective, Pelosi rips up Trump's speech after divisive state of the union....."But the media isn't biased right?

I've been c-level at my last 3 firms, one a $26b market cap public company and if I did either of those two things in a board meeting, I would no doubt be fired before I got back to my office. There is a time and a place for everything and the presidential position itself should demand a little bit of respect especially at a STOTU address, even if you do think he's an idiot or Kamala has a thick a** neck (I bet she can play center for us)

I gave the address a C-......mostly because he called the Ukrainians Iranians, failed to really address domestic related topics and clearly is pivoting ahead of midterms. He also got bad marks for Chuck Schumers premature dance (I bet that's not Chuck's first premature incident) and Pelosi looking like a psycho rubbing her hands together when talking about soldiers burning. (weirdo). For frame of reference before the liberal posse attacks me or that one dude who thinks everyone at the Capitol on Jan 6th should die tries to kill me, I didn't give Trump high marks on his SOTU's either.

Reactions: Dmk
Why am I not surprised that you support a governor publicly humiliating high school kids who just wanted to be safer in a crowd. Don't think that will leave a scar? Imagine being talked to like that on live television when you were in high school by the highest official in your state. He is a raging piece of sh*t so of course you love him. MAGAS love them some assholes SMH
Wait, what? He told them if they were comfortable they don't have to wear them but if they weren't they could keep them on .......how is that embarrassing them?

The entire floor at the SOTU weren't wearing masks outside of maybe like 3 people......even the infamous judge who wouldn't show up in person to hear the unconstitutional vaccine mandate hearing was there without a mask.

Strange hill to shoot from

Reactions: PawsFan_ and Dmk
Wait, what? He told them if they were comfortable they don't have to wear them but if they weren't they could keep them on .......how is that embarrassing them?

The entire floor at the SOTU weren't wearing masks outside of maybe like 3 people......even the infamous judge who wouldn't show up in person to hear the unconstitutional vaccine mandate hearing was there without a mask.

Strange hill to shoot from
Whether masks are mandated or effective is not the issue. He told them it was ridiculous in a very demeaning tone. Did you actually watch the clip? I promise you it didn't go viral because he was reasonable.

Reactions: yoshi121374
The challenge for the last 3 or 4 presidential terms is the waning respect for the office in general not just the man/woman. People will be up in arms with Boebert's outburst and to be fair, the message was right, the timing wasn't but those quick to judge only need to look back to Trump's SOTU address in 2020 when Pelosi ripped up the speech right behind him. Both pretty awful from State Reps.

That said, you only have to look at the differences in the press after both outbursts to see how bias everything is: "Boebert Heckles Biden, Boebert embarrasses herself, Boebert called Trash for disrupting......" when you compare to Pelosi you get: "Nancy Pelosi ripping up Trump's speech might not have been planned but may have been effective, Pelosi rips up Trump's speech after divisive state of the union....."But the media isn't biased right?

I've been c-level at my last 3 firms, one a $26b market cap public company and if I did either of those two things in a board meeting, I would no doubt be fired before I got back to my office. There is a time and a place for everything and the presidential position itself should demand a little bit of respect especially at a STOTU address, even if you do think he's an idiot or Kamala has a thick a** neck (I bet she can play center for us)

I gave the address a C-......mostly because he called the Ukrainians Iranians, failed to really address domestic related topics and clearly is pivoting ahead of midterms. He also got bad marks for Chuck Schumers premature dance (I bet that's not Chuck's first premature incident) and Pelosi looking like a psycho rubbing her hands together when talking about soldiers burning. (weirdo). For frame of reference before the liberal posse attacks me or that one dude who thinks everyone at the Capitol on Jan 6th should die tries to kill me, I didn't give Trump high marks on his SOTU's either.
Weird take-aways from an extremely positive speech that attempted to reach across the aisle to find common ground with the other side.

• Wow
Whether masks are mandated or effective is not the issue. He told them it was ridiculous in a very demeaning tone. Did you actually watch the clip? I promise you it didn't go viral because he was reasonable.
"a very demeaning tone" oh boy......

I did and also just watched one of the kids on local news with his mom......the kid wearing a mask, the mom not wearing a mask but bitching about Desantis telling them they didn't have to wear a mask. The only pressure in that news clip appears to be coming from his mother.

What a world we live in

"a very demeaning tone" oh boy......

I did and also just watched one of the kids on local news with his mom......the kid wearing a mask, the mom not wearing a mask but bitching about Desantis telling them they didn't have to wear a mask. The only pressure in that news clip appears to be coming from his mother.

What a world we live in
A weird world indeed.

Weird take-aways from an extremely positive speech that attempted to reach across the aisle to find common ground with the other side.
Boebert on clay and buck with actually a pretty solid take “Biden had time to invite a big tech CEO and give him props for building in America but didn’t have time to mention the 13 soldiers he sent to their graves”

She ain’t wrong bro…..

Boebert on clay and buck with actually a pretty solid take “Biden had time to invite a big tech CEO and give him props for building in America but didn’t have time to mention the 13 soldiers he sent to their graves”

She ain’t wrong bro…..
Sure, I can see why that would be good to mention, but if he did, you'd still say there was something else he didn't mention. You've basically already found fault with the positive things he did say and now you're criticizing him for what he didn't say. No matter what he said, you wouldn't approve. Noted.

Sure, I can see why that would be good to mention, but if he did, you'd still say there was something else he didn't mention. You've basically already found fault with the positive things he did say and now you're criticizing him for what he didn't say. No matter what he said, you wouldn't approve. Noted.
Well I did say that I didn't really give Trump high marks either but it appears you glossed over that and went back to aisle choosing......or you don't read well :)

Well I did say that I didn't really give Trump high marks either but it appears you glossed over that and went back to aisle choosing......or you don't read well :)

I do not remember Trump's SOTU speeches. Did he ever mention any of the 73 American soldiers who died in Afghanistan while he was president? I don't remember any outrage from the right.

Backtracking isn't reaching across the aisle. It's trying to retain at least some of the contested seats in Congress this fall.

Whataboutism ^^^^^^^

Hypocrisy ^^^^^^^

When a republican is president and soldiers die - Merica! Freedom!

When a democrat is president and soldiers die - fire him! A soldier died on his watch! Why isn't he talking more about those soldiers!

So you don’t think it happened? Gotcha…
I don't know if it did or not. I didn't say it nor do I remember others saying it. I do remember saying I'm tired of trying to reason with anti-vaxxers and if they don't care if they die, I don't either. My preference would be that they stop acting like children and do the right thing. Placing owning the libs over public health just makes you a menace. So basically, if you don't care if you're spreading disease that may kill others, I don't care about your well being either. Just the way it is

I don't know if it did or not. I didn't say it nor do I remember others saying it. I do remember saying I'm tired of trying to reason with anti-vaxxers and if they don't care if they die, I don't either. My preference would be that they stop acting like children and do the right thing. Placing owning the libs over public health just makes you a menace. So basically, if you don't care if you're spreading disease that may kill others, I don't care about your well being either. Just the way it is
You missed the point completely and tried to make about something else. You responded to my post like it didn't happen, only to say you don't care if happened, but wanted to share your opinion about it anyways.

You missed the point completely and tried to make about something else. You responded to my post like it didn't happen, only to say you don't care if happened, but wanted to share your opinion about it anyways.
I don't care if it happened, you're right about that. What the hell does that have to do with not wanting war?

This has to be one of the most absurd posts I have ever seen on TI.
No most absurd would be the previous post above….

…..”So basically, if you don't care if you're spreading disease that may kill others, I don't care about your well being either”

No most absurd would be the previous post above….

…..”So basically, if you don't care if you're spreading disease that may kill others, I don't care about your well being either”
It's absurd that you find that to be absurd. You might want to read it again S L O W L Y

But he pulled that out of his butt. Lets cure cancer is a generic cause that everyone will agree with. In other words he just did it for a gratuitous applause. To me the speech was about what I expected and I had low expectations. I would agree that it could have been worse though. I am always worried about what might happen when he has to stay on stage for an extended time.
can you imagine the type of asshole it would take to get up on stage and say they would cure cancer just for applause?

Last edited:
“My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia.
I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump said. “I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

-Trump

• Haha
Reactions: WapPride and dpic73
I see a lot of "no war, only peace" coming from the same people who wished death upon people who didn't want the vaccine.

Funny how things play out these days.
i wouldn't have imagined you'd let your feelings be hurt by some scum liberals.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
i wouldn't have imagined you'd let your feelings be hurt by some scum liberals.
ehhh. not hurt feelings. Liberals weren't the only issue the last two years. Lots of people "doing the right thing" and "just following orders" that weren't liberal. The left is the devil you know. They are are what they are. At least they are true to what they say.

I don't have a problem with a liberal. Its the weird communist who want to change our country instead of leaving it, that bother me. I thought they were leaving and going to Canada? Fundamentally disagreeing with just how big or small our Government should be is ok.

However, the Rhino's are wolves in sheep's clothing. They're the devil you don't know. I don't want a Republican or a Democrat. I want an American First representative. Energy independent guy/girl who puts Americans first.

That won't happen though, because the establishment will force him/her to run as a Republican. We had it and we let them take it and we honestly couldn't care less is they stole it. Its the Establishment vs the people. IMO, you either like the establishment and support them or you support the people. How is that hard to get behind?

A lot has changed in just 14 months. Elections have consequences. Stolen elections have catastrophic consequences. We deserve everything we get. I just hope 200 years from now the History books explain how we let it happen because we didn't care enough to stop it. Instead, we were "tired of everything being political".

But man, all of a sudden everyone cares about another countries freedom. We didn't do jack when it came to our own, except get in line.

ehhh. not hurt feelings. Liberals weren't the only issue the last two years. Lots of people "doing the right thing" and "just following orders" that weren't liberal. The left is the devil you know. They are are what they are. At least they are true to what they say.

I don't have a problem with a liberal. Its the weird communist who want to change our country instead of leaving it, that bother me. I thought they were leaving and going to Canada? Fundamentally disagreeing with just how big or small our Government should be is ok.

However, the Rhino's are wolves in sheep's clothing. They're the devil you don't know. I don't want a Republican or a Democrat. I want an American First representative. Energy independent guy/girl who puts Americans first.

That won't happen though, because the establishment will force him/her to run as a Republican. We had it and we let them take it and we honestly couldn't care less is they stole it. Its the Establishment vs the people. IMO, you either like the establishment and support them or you support the people. How is that hard to get behind?

A lot has changed in just 14 months. Elections have consequences. Stolen elections have catastrophic consequences. We deserve everything we get. I just hope 200 years from now the History books explain how we let it happen because we didn't care enough to stop it. Instead, we were "tired of everything being political".

But man, all of a sudden everyone cares about another countries freedom. We didn't do jack when it came to our own, except get in line.
More vague apocalyptic crap that rightfully has a problem with “communism” but makes no mention of the fascist tendencies of some elements of the contemporary Republican Party.

More vague apocalyptic crap that rightfully has a problem with “communism” but makes no mention of the fascist tendencies of some elements of the contemporary Republican Party.
Like I said, Republicans are more of a problem IMO than the Dems. Its not left vs right or D vs R. Its government vs the people. You like the Government? You want them to rule you? You want to buy oil from Russia to the tune of 1Billion dollars a day? Its pretty simple to me. You're either team Government or Team people. Team Global Establishment or Team America First.

It's obvious that 81 million people want big Government and want to buy oil from Russia. They like high gas prices and supply chain shortages. They like senseless wars. Or do they?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT