ADVERTISEMENT

Russia officially invades

This is actually very well said and it also applies to half the folks that liked your post, if not most of America.

I think you flag the challenge we have as a country going forward in people's inability to reason with another point of view if it comes from a party they don't support or like. It sure does seem like this has gotten worse in the last 10-12 years and maybe that's related to having more access to information and insight into people's views via social media but I don't see it getting any better until there is a middle of the road president in the seat that has a focus on bringing us back to the center. The current one isn't doing that.

It would be unfair to say that Trump was wrong on every position/stance but the reality is he made lots of mistakes in delivery, burned lots of bridges and it's probably fair to say that the big corp aggressive C-level top down tactics didn't work in Washington and in some cases internationally. That said, he had a lot of friction at every major turn which certainly was evident during the election using big tech, media, big corp etc all as examples of things that worked against him.

Totally agree with you on independent thought. You have be willing to put the research in as it's really tough to fact find nowadays.

We will remain divided as a nation until we get someone at the helm that can work across the aisle and bring each side along for the journey. Policies that lean too far outside of the middle need to be reigned in. While Biden might have had the highest vote totals in history, Trump had the second highest in the same election year which tells me that the country remains divided.

How do you respect and reason with someone who is completely unreasonable? I understand differences of opinion, differing beliefs on the best path forward, etc. But how do you reason with and respect:

- someone who believes that the Jan 6th attack was done by Antifa while simultaneously believing that the Trump supporters in prison for said attack are being treated unfairly?
- someone who blames their higher federal taxes this year on dems despite the fact that dems have not raised taxes?
- someone who believes that QANON is real?
- someone who believes that Trump made the US energy independent (he didnt)?

I could go on. The point is that 30% of our country are living in an alternate reality. I dont think that deserves any respect.

This is why you DONT use the GWP as a reliable source

1) How many times did the author use the words "I think ..." just in the first two paragraphs?
2) There is a HUGE difference between our operations in Iraq and what is going on in Ukraine ....... in our operations in Iraq the media were embedded with our Military. In Ukraine, they are not. They are reporting from their hotel rooms for the most part. During some of those broadcasts, you can see that the lights are off ..... truth is without embedded reporters, we dont know what is going on really and ... even if we did ... we still may not know.

Quick story, during Enduring Freedom (2003???) I was 23 and worked in our Operations Center. We had a HFDL ground station in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. It broke ALL THE F'n TIME, so I and my coworkers all had a pretty good relationship with the staff on the ground there. None of the techs on the site spoke English and of course none of us spoke Russian, so we relied on the site's Admin Assistant to translate for us. Her name was Maria, and like I said I spoke with her at least twice a week asking her to have the techs reset equipment/troubleshoot. While we waited for the techs to investigate, we'd fill the down time by talking about television or movies (specifically Disney films).

One evening after the fall of Baghdad, I was on the phone with Maria and there was a pause in our conversation. I decided to, in my young and inexperienced thought process, mention the fall of Baghdad and how great it was to see people celebrating in the streets that Saddam had been overthrown. There was dead silence on the other end of the line .... after a long awkward ... at least 5 to 7 seconds .... Maria informed me that she didnt know what I was talking about because all she saw on her news was American soldiers killing civilians and dead children in the streets. Needless to say my relationship with Maria after that was very different.

So I learned a couple of valuable lessons there ....
1) Its best not to START a geo-political conversation with someone from another country
2) Media ....all media ... only show you what they want you to believe. Its all propaganda

Sooooooooo fast forward 20 years ... and here we are ... dead Ukrainian civilians, women and children in the streets ...
This was a guest opinion article only and not reported as news. Please distinguish between the two.

Reactions: amynhop
How do you respect and reason with someone who is completely unreasonable? I understand differences of opinion, differing beliefs on the best path forward, etc. But how do you reason with and respect:

- someone who believes that the Jan 6th attack was done by Antifa while simultaneously believing that the Trump supporters in prison for said attack are being treated unfairly?
- someone who blames their higher federal taxes this year on dems despite the fact that dems have not raised taxes?

I could go on. The point is that 30% of our country are living in an alternate reality. I dont think that deserves any respect.
The same way I respect and reason with you more or less

Reactions: TigerGrowls

You forgot your meds today bro.

This was a guest opinion article only and not reported as news. Please distinguish between the two.

CzD8.gif

Reactions: PawsFan_
The same way I respect and reason with you more or less

great response Jake, better than the time your called me a “****”. And you complain about why I wasn’t excited about meeting you for beers, despite your many requests.

great response Jake, better than the time your called me a “****”. And you complain about why I wasn’t excited about meeting you for beers, despite your many requests.
It wasn't a dig, you asked how you could respect them and all I'm saying is I do the same with people I don't agree with. If I called you a name, it would have been in response to being called one. Offer still stands for the beers

I'm actually glad that the Q Trumpers in the thread have at least not said that the war in Ukraine is fake and not a war or that Putin actually makes some pretty good points.

This is EXTREMELY GRAPHIC and insane--a civilian and buddy driving down the road, shot by Russian soldiers and they also kill their dog. Again--extremely graphic. (and if a mod wants to take it down...totally fine...) Happened in Ivankiv, Kyiv Oblast [50.925932, 29.877105]

War sucks. An impossible situation growing worse by the day with Russian indiscriminate bombing. I think Biden is doing the best he can. I pray for the Ukrainian people and for world leaders to have wisdom.

(and prayers the T2's keep working)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: PAWrocka and dpic73
lol, doesn't agree with your narrative? just forget about, your boy trump will call it fake news soon.
Go ahead and keep making stuff up to fit your narrative.

Newsflash. Trump isn't in office anymore. But keep deflecting to try to avoid the reality that Biden is mentally incapacitated and has no business being the President of the United States.

"Putin may circle Kyiv with tanks, but he'll never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people,"

- Joe Biden 3/1/22

Absolutely inexcusable.

I'm actually glad that the Q Trumpers in the thread have at least not said that the war in Ukraine is fake and not a war or that Putin actually makes some pretty good points.

This is EXTREMELY GRAPHIC and insane--a civilian and buddy driving down the road, shot by Russian soldiers and they also kill their dog. Again--extremely graphic. (and if a mod wants to take it down...totally fine...) Happened in Ivankiv, Kyiv Oblast [50.925932, 29.877105]

War sucks. An impossible situation growing worse by the day with Russian indiscriminate bombing. I think Biden is doing the best he can. I pray for the Ukrainian people and for world leaders to have wisdom.

(and prayers the T2's keep working)
... I shouldnt have watched that ...

Very few things in this world are more gut wrenching than the sound of a hurt dog.

Newsflash. Trump isn't in office anymore. But keep deflecting to try to avoid the reality that Biden is mentally incapacitated and has no business being the President of the United States.

"Putin may circle Kyiv with tanks, but he'll never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people,"

- Joe Biden 3/1/22

Absolutely inexcusable.
well, it was true. there was a video in the article of the actual guy. not made up, unless that's a deep fake? after J6 who knows anymore who's who and where they are or aren't.

i love that presidential speaking flubs like this are now inexcusable, but when trump says them they're just him joking. he actually told the american people to inject disinfectant into their bodies or kill COVID with lights inside their body. and all you did was defend him. i hate biden too, but i like to laugh at your moronic hypocrisy more.

Reactions: Union County Tiger

- Joe Biden 3/1/22

Absolutely inexcusable.
Besides his speaking challenges that we all know about, I don't see how you could have a problem with that speech. I thought it was a breath of fresh air and was unifying and positive. Hopefully you took note that he said:

- FUND the police
- He believes in capitalism with competition
- He wants ALL manufacturing to be done in America
- Attacked Putin forcefully and denied him airspace
- spoke of bi-partisanship throughout ,including sprinkling in the term "my Republican friends" frequently

EDIT - he also spoke of a what he called a "Unity Agenda" with four parts — beating the opioid epidemic, taking on mental health, supporting veterans and ending "cancer as we know it."

And he ended it with a huge patriotic flourish that got a long ovation.

In this sea of positivity, don't be a Boebert Mr Paws

Last edited:

- Joe Biden 3/1/22

Absolutely inexcusable.

Yep. And who was he telling us to go get? 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

- Joe Biden 3/1/22

Absolutely inexcusable.
No offense, but until we stop seeing Trump 2024 flags I think he's still fair game....especially in response to "this wouldn't have happened if Trump was president"

Besides his speaking challenges that we all know about, I don't see how you could have a problem with that speech. I thought it was a breath of fresh air and was unifying and positive. Hopefully you took note that he said:

- FUND the police
- spoke of bi-partisanship throughout ,including sprinkling in the term "my Republican friends" frequently

EDIT - he also spoke of a what he called a "Unity Agenda" with four parts — beating the opioid epidemic, taking on mental health, supporting veterans and ending "cancer as we know it."

I thought it was a good speech.
((shrug))

there were two moments that I cringed, but the rest of it was fine.

he really got with his comments about cancer … he needs to hit that more IMO. That is something everyone should agree on

... I shouldnt have watched that ...

Very few things in this world are more gut wrenching than the sound of a hurt dog.
Yeah sorry about that...probably shouldn't have posted. The realities of this war--and my own safety and comfort/ability to view from a distance--just difficult to process the barbarity.

• Sad
Reactions: PAWrocka
Yeah sorry about that...probably shouldn't have posted. The realities of this war--and my own safety and comfort/ability to view from a distance--just difficult to process the barbarity.
I appreciate you posting it. I think everyone needs to see what that maniac is doing to the innocent civilians of this peaceful country. It enrages me.

Geez, not a good look for him for sure
Dude, if you've been paying attention, he has one of these "not good looks" two or three times a week. He's trying to out-Trump Trump in hopes of getting support from the MAGA base. Huge Asshole!

"Last week, the Biden Administration requested the assistance of State National Guards to deploy to Washington D.C. I have rejected this request," wrote DeSantis, "there will be no [Florida National Guard troops] sent to D.C. for Biden's State of the Union."

Dude, if you've been paying attention, he has one of these "not good looks" two or three times a week. He's trying to out-Trump Trump in hopes of getting support from the MAGA base. Huge Asshole!

"Last week, the Biden Administration requested the assistance of State National Guards to deploy to Washington D.C. I have rejected this request," wrote DeSantis, "there will be no [Florida National Guard troops] sent to D.C. for Biden's State of the Union."

Desantis is one of those politicians people like from a distance, and then when they get National Exposure they are shown to be the empty shirts people suspected they might be. He's the current Trumper flavor of the week.

Desantis is one of those politicians people like from a distance, and then when they get National Exposure they are shown to be the empty shirts people suspected they might be. He's the current Trumper flavor of the week.
In some ways he's worse than Trump because he has a brain and no conscience. I can't imagine Trump even passing some of the mean-spirited, ridiculous bills he's passed.

No no … you should’ve posted it, in just the way you did (with a disclaimer).

most (myself included) have no frame of reference of war other than the silver screen. Large scale battles where forces go toe to toe from across a battlefield and where the hero makes the ultimate sacrifice OR does something amazing. In truth, war … is probably a lot like the video you posted … small encounters, personal and visceral and just awful :(

- FUND the police

Biden is trying to imitate Trump in a lying way of course related to funding police, build in America and so on, He has even tried to copy "Make America Great Again" with a cheap 3 dollar bill imitation called "build back better".

With Biden seemingly stating he is wanting to do Trump type policy then why are you not very unhappy with Doofus Joe?

For the record just about everything Biden said was major BS. The US just recorded the largest trade deficit on record in 2021 btw.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016 and Dmk
I thought it was a good speech.
((shrug))

there were two moments that I cringed, but the rest of it was fine.

he really got with his comments about cancer … he needs to hit that more IMO. That is something everyone should agree on
But he pulled that out of his butt. Lets cure cancer is a generic cause that everyone will agree with. In other words he just did it for a gratuitous applause. To me the speech was about what I expected and I had low expectations. I would agree that it could have been worse though. I am always worried about what might happen when he has to stay on stage for an extended time.

Reactions: Dmk and AugTig

DeSantis being warmed up as the next conservative target. Wow what a surprise.

Reactions: Dmk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT