ADVERTISEMENT

Russia officially invades

Posting all day long? LOL... I hardly ever post anymore. But I am blessed to have a job that affords me the opportunity to have a lot of freedom and financial security. I don't have that job because I am uneducated, a blow hard or am dumb and disconnected from reality. And I'm not a RINO. I want no part of the Republican party these days. I still have a lot of respect for Larry Hogan, Liz Chaney, Mitt Romney, etc. They are my kind of folks. I checked out of the republican party when Trump, Cawthorn, Jordan, Gosar, Gaetz, etc. etc. became the face of the party. You can have it.
Larry Hogan is the frickin man!!!! I really wish he'd run for Senate as I believe he could absolutely take out Cardin or Van Hollen ..... but alas .... I think he is gearing up for a Presidential run, where I dont think he'll make it past a few primaries.

Larry Hogan is the frickin man!!!! I really wish he'd run for Senate as I believe he could absolutely take out Cardin or Van Hollen ..... but alas .... I think he is gearing up for a Presidential run, where I dont think he'll make it past a few primaries.

I like Hogan. I honestly like many of the non-Trump syncophants. Some of the republicans really need to take back their party from the Trump Lead RINOs who are pretending to be Republicans to get elected

So checked out when Trump was elected and checked into the insane asylum with Biden and company? Yeah… I see how educated you are with that brilliant decision. Hillary was your girl in ‘16. I never will forget election night when Trump destroyed her and you kept deleting all the Trump victory threads. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

obiwan-kids.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
So checked out when Trump was elected and checked into the insane asylum with Biden and company? Yeah… I see how educated you are with that brilliant decision. Hillary was your girl in ‘16. I never will forget election night when Trump destroyed her and you kept deleting all the Trump victory threads. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Your posts are a classic example of how to identify someone who isn't capable of independent thought. Someone who doesn't realize that if you blindly agree with someone or some party on every single issue, without giving it much analysis with an open mind, that you are just a political cheerleader.

So what is a political cheerleader? A political cheerleader is someone who is all-in with their team (a.k.a. party or political candidate) no matter the position and how dumb or ignorant it is. All you need to know is if they are wearing your team's colors and are trying to defeat the team you dislike. If they are, your opinion on any issue is whatever their opinion is.

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist "cheerleader" who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do wrong, they are a Coot.

In terms of politics, that is what you and many others are, Amy. You are just blind political cheerleaders based on your hate for the other side. You don't know a whole lot about the issues. You don't know a whole lot about the politician and who they really are. You just know they hate the people you hate and wear your party's colors. And what makes Trump so appealing to people like you is that he is a fighter. A fighter like you have never seen. It doesn't matter what he is fighting for, you just know he is fighting against people you hate. That is his appeal. You don't know if what he is saying is dumb as hell and bad for America. You just know he is verbally assaulting the people you hate in the most hate filled and passionate way possible, in a way unlike any candidate has done before. It doesn't matter that 75% of what he stands for is counter to traditional Republican and even American values. All that matters to you is he HATES Hillary and wants to LOCK HER UP!!!!!! That's all you needed to hear to know you were a Trumper for LIFE. "Lock her up!!". Noone else is willing to say that with that kind of hate!!! You love it!!!

So, when someone like me, who had traditionally voted republican before Trump, sees this clown and realizes he is a clown and realizes that he is an embarrassment to the party and stands against so many core values the party has held, if I voice that, being an independent thinker, you, being a blind loyalist and a cheerleader, come calling me a "RINO", a "snowflake", a "leftist" and a "Hillary or Biden lover". It's all you know to do. You are incapable of understanding and debating the broader aspects of any issue. So, its just "Biden lover!", "Hillary lover!", "snowflake!", "RINO!!", "leftist!!!"... that it. That's all you've got in your simple little toolbox.

I just want to see more people be independent thinkers. Think for yourself. Educate yourself. If you are going to be willing to debate, be willing to have your mind changed. I have changed my mind a lot in my life. If you are on one side of an issue and come to learn info that doesn't match up with what you believe, change your opinion and don't be afraid to change who you support if needed. And sometimes you might not be able to support either side.

Last edited:
Your posts are a classic example of how to identify someone who isn't capable of independent thought. Someone who doesn't realize that if you blindly agree with someone or some party on every single issue, without giving it much analysis with an open mind, that you are just a political cheerleader.

So what is a political cheerleader? A political cheerleader is someone who is all-in with their team (a.k.a. party or political candidate) no matter the position and how dumb or ignorant it is. All you need to know is if they are wearing your team's colors and are trying to defeat the team you dislike. If they are, your opinion on any issue is whatever their opinion is.

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist fan who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do no wrong, they are a Coot.

In terms of politics, that is what you and many others are Amy. You are just blind political cheerleaders based on your hate for the other side. You don't know a whole lot about the issues. You don't know a whole lot about the politician and who they really are. You just know they hate the people you hate and wear your party's colors. And, what makes Trump so appealing to people like you is that he is a fighter. A fighter like you have never seen. It doesn't matter what he is fighting for, you just know he is fighting against people you hate. You don't know if what he is saying is dumb as hell and bad for America. You just know he is verbally assaulting the people you hate in the most hate filled and passionate way possible, in a way unlike any candidate has done before. It doesn't matter that 75% of what he stands for is counter to traditional Republican values. All that matters to you is he HATES Hillary and wants to LOCK HER UP!!!!!! That's all you needed to hear to know you were a Trumper for LIFE. "Lock her up!!". Noone else is willing to say that with that kind of hate!!! You love it!!!

So, when someone like me, who had traditionally voted republican before Trump, sees this clown and realizes he is a clown and realizes that he is an embarrassment to the party and stands against so many core values the party has held, if I voice that, being an independent thinker, you, being a blind loyalist and a cheerleader, come calling me a "RINO", a "snowflake", a "leftist" and a "Hillary or Biden lover". It's all you know to do.

You are incapable of understanding and debating the broader aspects of any issue. So, its just "Biden lover!", "Hillary lover!", "snowflake!", "RINO!!", "leftist!!!"... that it. That's all you've got in your simple little toolbox.

I just want to see more people be independent thinkers. Think for yourself. Educate yourself. If you are one side of an issue and come to learn info that doesn't match up with what you believe, change your opinion and dont be afraid to change who you support if needed.

Great post. I wish we could eliminate the Cheerleaders on both sides. The majority of us are in the middle/moderate lane, but you would never know it because the loud mouth Political Cheerleaders on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry Hogan is the best man in politics today in my opinion. He is an independent thinker, a man of high integrity, and he isn't a political puppet. He is intelligent and practical. He leads. He isn't a blind partisan. He would be an outstanding President. But unfortunately, because he is not a Trump loyalist, he has no shot as the Republican nominee. And there currently is no lane for an independent. It is sad to see someone who is so great be incapable of serving our country in that capacity only because he is not an extremist lunatic or a coward.

I like Hogan. I honestly like many of the non-Trump syncophants. Some of the republicans really need to take back their party from the Trump Lead RINOs who are pretending to be Republicans to get elected
Ive told this story before, and you will probably will remember it, but I'll tell it again for those (especially for my Trump deranged friends to know what they SHOULD expect from their politicians).

I attended a Hogan fundraiser during his first campaign. Im really good friends with the VP of Communications at the Independent Womans Forum (IWF), and she was able to get us (wife and I) tickets. The event was held at Gary Magnum's home (ex CEO of Bell Nursery's, largest distributor of plants to Home Depot). This dude's house was easily the most posh home I have ever been in. It was right on the Bay and was easily ....20k sq feet. It had servant quarters .... one of "those" kinda homes.

During the "mixing" hour, our friends, my wife and I were enjoying the festivities and just hopeful to be able to shake Hogan's hand. We were lucky enough to get Larry's attention. About 1 minute into our conversation one of Larry's "handlers" interrupted us and informed him that he had to take a picture with someone. I was a little bummed, but I understood. We all were very very minor donors and Larry was in the heat of a uphill campaign sooooo he had to grease the right palms. Well wouldnt you know it .... he took the picture, and then immediately turned around and finished his conversation with us. THAT is the kind of man Larry Hogan is

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist fan who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do no wrong, they are a Coot.

In terms of politics, that is what you and many others are, Amy. You are just blind political cheerleaders based on your hate for the other side. You don't know a whole lot about the issues. You don't know a whole lot about the politician and who they really are. You just know they hate the people you hate and wear your party's colors. And what makes Trump so appealing to people like you is that he is a fighter. A fighter like you have never seen. It doesn't matter what he is fighting for, you just know he is fighting against people you hate. That is his appeal. You don't know if what he is saying is dumb as hell and bad for America. You just know he is verbally assaulting the people you hate in the most hate filled and passionate way possible, in a way unlike any candidate has done before. It doesn't matter that 75% of what he stands for is counter to traditional Republican and even American values. All that matters to you is he HATES Hillary and wants to LOCK HER UP!!!!!! That's all you needed to hear to know you were a Trumper for LIFE. "Lock her up!!". Noone else is willing to say that with that kind of hate!!! You love it!!!

So, when someone like me, who had traditionally voted republican before Trump, sees this clown and realizes he is a clown and realizes that he is an embarrassment to the party and stands against so many core values the party has held, if I voice that, being an independent thinker, you, being a blind loyalist and a cheerleader, come calling me a "RINO", a "snowflake", a "leftist" and a "Hillary or Biden lover". It's all you know to do. You are incapable of understanding and debating the broader aspects of any issue. So, its just "Biden lover!", "Hillary lover!", "snowflake!", "RINO!!", "leftist!!!"... that it. That's all you've got in your simple little toolbox.

I just want to see more people be independent thinkers. Think for yourself. Educate yourself. If you are going to be willing to debate, be willing to have your mind changed. I have changed my mind a lot in my life. If you are on one side of an issue and come to learn info that doesn't match up with what you believe, change your opinion and don't be afraid to change who you support if needed. And sometimes you might not be able to support either side.
This is amazingly well written - dayyum! 👏 👏 👏

He’s certainly not my God and he is a flawed human! Just like all of us. I voted for Trump based on the direction he was taking our country and his policies. Not on his personal life.

Biden has destroyed this country. He is a bumbling idiot. This isn’t about Trump. But that monster wouldn’t be in Ukraine if Trump was still in office. Weakness invites aggression. Biden is indeed the weakest I have ever seen. Biden and his Administration are a disgrace.
If Trump was prez. what do you actually think Putin would be worried about that would have kept him from Ukraine???

small potatoes ... I know ... but looks like FIFA has kicked Russia out from qualifying World Cup matches, additionally, legislation being brought forth (letters of marque and reprisal, an enumerated power of Congress mentioned in Article 1 of the Constitution,) that would allow the US to seize private assets (yachts, private jets, homes) of Russian Oligarchs. Hasnt been used since the War of 1812. Additionally barring children of Russian Oligarchs from attending US Universities

Turning the screws on Putin's inner circle

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist "cheerleader" who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do no wrong, they are a Coot.

wish i could like this more than once

small potatoes ... I know ... but looks like FIFA has kicked Russia out from qualifying World Cup matches, additionally, legislation being brought forth (letters of marque and reprisal, an enumerated power of Congress mentioned in Article 1 of the Constitution,) that would allow the US to seize private assets (yachts, private jets, homes) of Russian Oligarchs. Hasnt been used since the War of 1812. Additionally barring children of Russian Oligarchs from attending US Universities

Turning the screws on Putin's inner circle
Honestly, Biden and our European allies are absolutely creaming Russia with sanctions. This is a well thought out and pretty damn effective strategy. Kicking Russia out of SWIFT is hard core. It's the equivalent of financial war.

Last edited:
Reactions: fcctiger12
Honestly, Biden and our European allies are absolutely creaming Russia with sanctions. This is a well thought out and pretty damn effective strategy. Kicking Russia about if SWIFT is hard core. It's the equivalent of financial war.

Yes, and the invasion is not going well for Putin. They are still going to win - but at a huge cost.

I have to say that seeing the Ukrainian prez out there fighting alongside his troops is pretty badass. Meanwhile, Putin is sitting at a table 30 feet from his advisors because he doesn't want to get covid.

And here we have Ted Cruz flying to Mexico when the power goes out in TX, and Bunker Boy hiding in the basement when a BLM protest/riot is happening in DC.

Bun
Yes, and the invasion is not going well for Putin. They are still going to win - but at a huge cost.

I have to say that seeing the Ukrainian prez out there fighting alongside his troops is pretty badass. Meanwhile, Putin is sitting at a table 30 feet from his advisors because he doesn't want to get covid.

And here we have Ted Cruz flying to Mexico when the power goes out in TX, and Bunker Boy hiding in the basement when a BLM protest/riot is happening in DC.
John McCain got tortured in a war Bunker Boy ran from.

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist "cheerleader" who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do wrong, they are a Coot.

You’re an arrogant, hypocritical, condescending, blow hard. You don’t know me nor anything about what I believe. Don’t write a novel lecturing me with YOUR opinions. You know what they say about opinions….I will never support the Democratic Party. Simple as that. I don’t agree with them on anything. So it’s easy for me when there is an election. I have 2 choices. And I will vote Conservative every damn time. No matter who the candidate is. Comprendez -vous?

You’re an arrogant, hypocritical, condescending, blow hard. You don’t know me nor anything about what I believe. Don’t write a novel lecturing me with YOUR opinions. You know what they say about opinions….I will never support the Democratic Party. Simple as that. I don’t agree with them on anything. So it’s easy for me when there is an election. I have 2 choices. And I will vote Conservative every damn time. No matter who the candidate is. Comprendez -vous?

Conservative Party, huh? Are you British? That’s the only Conservative Party I’m aware of these days. (The Republican Party in the US hasn’t championed true “conservative” ideals for a while now.)

And interesting, so you don’t agree with anything that the Democratic Party proposes, huh? So you mean you don’t agree with a Democratic administration’s support of the decision to freeze the Russian Central Bank’s assets and cut key Russian banks out of the Swift international payment system? What would you propose instead of these crippling economic sanctions if you so disagree with them?

Last edited:
He would have been better than Biden I think. But neither would have

I don't know. I do know he went in under BIDEN'S watch. So I think Trump is probably a little better than Biden, but his lack of experience in international diplomacy would be concerning.

But Trump is NOT Patton. Patton is probably one of the finest generals this country has ever produced. That comparison, especially in this context, is laughable.

Maybe. But if Russia starts launching them we are probably screwed anyway.

This. But if anyone starts throwing nukes up, it's gonna be a bad day.

Trump was a little better. Not a whole lot, but a little. I would trust Trump's cabinet picks more than Biden's.

This kind of thing wasn't Trump's strong suit though.
Trumps picks were better? The turnover was like 1350% in 4 years. That’s not an indicator of good leadership.

Bun

John McCain got tortured in a war Bunker Boy ran from.
And then and then spent an entire year trashing said war hero, a beloved Senator from AZ a institution in that state and this country, and THEN continued to trash said Senator after he passed away and then was shocked SHOCKED that he lost Arizona.

Hillary was trumps girl. Many examples of him endorsing her.

Reactions: yoshi121374
And then and then spent an entire year trashing said war hero, a beloved Senator from AZ a institution in that state and this country, and THEN continued to trash said Senator after he passed away and then was shocked SHOCKED that he lost Arizona.

Colorado springs, one of the most conservative places in Colorado, with more mega churches than any other city in the country, and the air force academy, had one of the largest swings in the country from 16 to 20. Trump still won it, but it went from like a 20 point win to like a 5 point win. This is almost certainly why. He lost the military spouse vote. Badly.

👆
This is why 81 million people came out to vote against the former guy. We laugh at them but these people are scary.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Your posts are a classic example of how to identify someone who isn't capable of independent thought. Someone who isn't familiar with any of the geo-political issues facing our country or the world. You are incapable of disecting and forming an intelligent opinion on a particular politician's views and positions on the issues and whether they make sense. You are what I call a political cheerleader.

For example, lets examine a die hard Clemson fan. What happens when someone else who is a Clemson fan criticizes Clemson or compliments USC or another program? Well, to the die hard, blind loyalist "cheerleader" who is incapable of independent analysis and thought on football, that would make the person being critical a Coot by default, right? It doesn't matter that that person doesn't really cheer for USC. If they are not 100% in support of your team on EVERYTHING, and if they don't think your program can do no wrong, they are a Coot.

This is actually very well said and it also applies to half the folks that liked your post, if not most of America.

I think you flag the challenge we have as a country going forward in people's inability to reason with another point of view if it comes from a party they don't support or like. It sure does seem like this has gotten worse in the last 10-12 years and maybe that's related to having more access to information and insight into people's views via social media but I don't see it getting any better until there is a middle of the road president in the seat that has a focus on bringing us back to the center. The current one isn't doing that.

It would be unfair to say that Trump was wrong on every position/stance but the reality is he made lots of mistakes in delivery, burned lots of bridges and it's probably fair to say that the big corp aggressive C-level top down tactics didn't work in Washington and in some cases internationally. That said, he had a lot of friction at every major turn which certainly was evident during the election using big tech, media, big corp etc all as examples of things that worked against him.

Totally agree with you on independent thought. You have be willing to put the research in as it's really tough to fact find nowadays.

We will remain divided as a nation until we get someone at the helm that can work across the aisle and bring each side along for the journey. Policies that lean too far outside of the middle need to be reigned in. While Biden might have had the highest vote totals in history, Trump had the second highest in the same election year which tells me that the country remains divided.

Trumps picks were better? The turnover was like 1350% in 4 years. That’s not an indicator of good leadership.
He had some good people in the Secretary of State position. Popmeo was very bright. Meanwhile I have no confidence in Blinken at all.

I'm not saying TRUMP was good at it, but he did make some (IMO) good selections there.

This is why you DONT use the GWP as a reliable source

1) How many times did the author use the words "I think ..." just in the first two paragraphs?
2) There is a HUGE difference between our operations in Iraq and what is going on in Ukraine ....... in our operations in Iraq the media were embedded with our Military. In Ukraine, they are not. They are reporting from their hotel rooms for the most part. During some of those broadcasts, you can see that the lights are off ..... truth is without embedded reporters, we dont know what is going on really and ... even if we did ... we still may not know.

Quick story, during Enduring Freedom (2003???) I was 23 and worked in our Operations Center. We had a HFDL ground station in Krasnoyarsk, Russia. It broke ALL THE F'n TIME, so I and my coworkers all had a pretty good relationship with the staff on the ground there. None of the techs on the site spoke English and of course none of us spoke Russian, so we relied on the site's Admin Assistant to translate for us. Her name was Maria, and like I said I spoke with her at least twice a week asking her to have the techs reset equipment/troubleshoot. While we waited for the techs to investigate, we'd fill the down time by talking about television or movies (specifically Disney films).

One evening after the fall of Baghdad, I was on the phone with Maria and there was a pause in our conversation. I decided to, in my young and inexperienced thought process, mention the fall of Baghdad and how great it was to see people celebrating in the streets that Saddam had been overthrown. There was dead silence on the other end of the line .... after a long awkward ... at least 5 to 7 seconds .... Maria informed me that she didnt know what I was talking about because all she saw on her news was American soldiers killing civilians and dead children in the streets. Needless to say my relationship with Maria after that was very different.

So I learned a couple of valuable lessons there ....
1) Its best not to START a geo-political conversation with someone from another country
2) Media ....all media ... only show you what they want you to believe. Its all propaganda

Sooooooooo fast forward 20 years ... and here we are ... dead Ukrainian civilians, women and children in the streets ...

Reactions: firegiver
@TigerGrowls is pro Russia. Who would have guessed.
Really? Are we doubling down on the Hillary narrative that was meant to sway an election? Funny how the Clinton had such a chummy relationship with our vodka swilling "friends."

Republicans are pro-Russia about as much as dems are about fiscal responsibility and anti-abortion. Turn off the MSNBC and you'll be better off.

Reactions: TigerGrowls and Dmk
Really? Are we doubling down on the Hillary narrative that was meant to sway an election? Funny how the Clinton had such a chummy relationship with our vodka swilling "friends."

Republicans are pro-Russia about as much as dems are about fiscal responsibility and anti-abortion. Turn off the MSNBC and you'll be better off.
i bet this texas native is a liberal amitire?

Reactions: WapPride
He had some good people in the Secretary of State position. Popmeo was very bright. Meanwhile I have no confidence in Blinken at all.

I'm not saying TRUMP was good at it, but he did make some (IMO) good selections there.
Rex Tillerson disagrees with you.

shouldn't every president be given the same opportunity to **** up most of his hires a couple times each? give biden 2 more years and he'll finally have the right guy.

FWIW, Blinkin seems like he has an IQ of 45, but he's only the first hire for this position for Biden.

I think you just proved @1Clemzunfan ‘s point perfectly.

• Wow
Reactions: PAWrocka

His only other Sec of State was Tillerson and he resigned after being reported to have called Trump a dumb ass. The best selections Trump made, folks like like Gen Mattis and John Kelly, left because they couldn't support him any longer and publically said he was a danger to America. In fact, the list of cabinet level and senior level officials who resigned during his one term in protest to who he was as a person and leader exceeds that of any president in history by many, many multiples. I'm not just talking resignations, I am talking resignations in protest to the presidents ability. Does that not scare you?

All presidents lose people in those positions. They are high stress jobs. There is nothing abnormal about that with any president. But when those senior level and cabinet level positions leave, they almost always say good things about the president and what they accomplished while there. But with Trump that was not the case. The number of those who left Trump who said publically that he was a bad president and incapable of the job, or that he expected them to things they could not do in good conscience is staggering. 2 Attorneys General, a Secretary of State, 2 Defense Secretaries, 3 Chiefs of Staff, 2 Communications Directors, 2 National Security Advisors, Sec of Homeland Security, Director of National Intelligence, multiple White House Counsel, Education Secretary, Transportation Secretary, etc., etc. That is just off the top of my head and there are others I left off. And there are many other positions on the NSC and in deputy level positions who did the same.

Among all "A Team" senior level executive staff positions, Trump had a 92% trunover rate by the end of his presidency, far exceeding any other modern president.

Trump made some good selections to some of those positions. I agree. But most of them left telling you to be fearful of his leadership and speaking publically of his incompetence and his inability to lead. Why won't people listen?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT