ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Mandy Matney and crew (latest podcast) seem to think Parker's Kitchen is another evil corporation and should be financially responsible for boat accident.

Then again, Liz Farrell referred to a legal argument as "totally gross" or something like that . While they provide good information in their podcast, it is so hard to take them seriously when they sound like 14 year-old teenyboppers.

They did have a good rundown of the settlement. I don't have the time to find it in print, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Mandy Matney and crew (latest podcast) seem to think Parker's Kitchen is another evil corporation and should be financially responsible for boat accident.

Then again, Liz Farrell referred to a legal argument as "totally gross" or something like that . While they provide good information in their podcast, it is so hard to take them seriously when they sound like 14 year-old teenyboppers.

They did have a good rundown of the settlement. I don't have the time to find it in print, but it is interesting nonetheless.
I disagree with Mandy and Liz on a lot of their analysis.

Parker's met the state requirement of checking state issued ID before selling alcohol to Paul. It's captured on video. Buster and Paul look alike with their ginger hair. If Buster had not have given his license to Paul to use for an unlawful purpose AND Paul had not broken the law (maybe it's even a federal law to fraudulently use someone else's ID after 9/11?) by using his brother's ID, then there would have been no fraudulent ID presented and no alcohol sold to a minor.

Where they may be right is how the state law assigns collective liability. I'm licensed to practice law in Georgia, not South Carolina, so that is probably the hitch.

Under no circumstances do I believe Mandy and Liz present objective info. If this liability case was a slam dunk, the Plaintiff would like win on motions once a sufficient set on undisputed facts from discovery are presented.

This is heading to trial unless it is settled, so the judge or jury will determine the outcome. Not two podcasters with vocal fry. (And yes, I listen to their podcasts and hear their dog Luna bark.)

I disagree with Mandy and Liz on a lot of their analysis.

Parker's met the state requirement of checking state issued ID before selling alcohol to Paul. It's captured on video. Buster and Paul look alike with their ginger hair. If Buster had not have given his license to Paul to use for an unlawful purpose AND Paul had not broken the law (maybe it's even a federal law to fraudulently use someone else's ID after 9/11?) by using his brother's ID, then there would have been no fraudulent ID presented and no alcohol sold to a minor.

Where they may be right is how the state law assigns collective liability. I'm licensed to practice law in Georgia, not South Carolina, so that is probably the hitch.

Under no circumstances do I believe Mandy and Liz present objective info. If this liability case was a slam dunk, the Plaintiff would like win on motions once a sufficient set on undisputed facts from discovery are presented.

This is heading to trial unless it is settled, so the judge or jury will determine the outcome. Not two podcasters with vocal fry. (And yes, I listen to their podcasts and hear their dog Luna bark.)
I often disagree with their reactive analysis, and almost always disagree with their characterizations of so much of what they cover.

But I am still able to listen and glean relevant information from them.

And while I am licensed to practice law in South Carolina, I never have. Still, there must be enough there to get Parker's to a jury. I wonder if the Parker's owner refuses to settle out of spite, or if the Beech attorneys believe there really is enough to get a sizeable award from Parker's.

I often disagree with their reactive analysis, and almost always disagree with their characterizations of so much of what they cover.

And while I am licensed to practice law in South Carolina, I never have. Still, there must be enough there to get Parker's to a jury. I wonder if the Parker's owner refuses to settle out of spite, or if the Beech attorneys believe there really is enough to get a sizeable award from Parker's.
Parker is not going to settle out of principle. I don’t think he should pay a dime but it will go to trial and they will get a big verdict just because it is in Hampton County.

Parker is not going to settle out of principle. I don’t think he should pay a dime but it will go to trial and they will get a big verdict just because it is in Hampton County.

The trial will not be in Hampton but in Beaufort county.

Parker’s post accident actions with the PIs and the photos of the girls dead body makes me believe that Parker’s should get hit. This is not the hill you want to die on.

Reactions: CT76
Parker’s definitely came across as sleazy after the incident. Whether they should be liable or not, I don’t know. I just know I’ll never spend a dime there again.

Probably a bit of both (re your last sentence).

The trial will not be in Hampton but in Beaufort county.

Parker’s post accident actions with the PIs and the photos of the girls dead body makes me believe that Parker’s should get hit. This is not the hill you want to die on.
That behavior is post event and should not be relevant to the trial.

Lots of people behave horribly but you can get sued for it unless you break a law or give rise to a civil action. The US follows the Rule of Law, not the Behavior Police.

Frankly, some of the Mallory Beach comments posted on TI, sexualizing a dead teen sickened me. She was someone's daughter and people were posting about her books. I can't say I believe in free speech and not support their freedom. I just moved past those posts.

That behavior is post event and should not be relevant to the trial.

Lots of people behave horribly but you can get sued for it unless you break a law or give rise to a civil action. The US follows the Rule of Law, not the Behavior Police.

Frankly, some of the Mallory Beach comments posted on TI, sexualizing a dead teen sickened me. She was someone's daughter and people were posting about her books. I can't say I believe in free speech and not support their freedom. I just moved past those posts.
Never said it was relevant to a trial or even admitted.

It was a reply to people who think that establishment should never have been sued and they will end up paying, etc.

The bad behavior in a small town where a local young woman was killed at 19, a millionaire, out-of-state bully goes full douche bag instead of fighting it llegally. Then, continues to double down full asshole.

No, it does not need to be admitted or technically relevant - but it can be a major influence - which is why I said not to die on that hill, it’s lose all the way situation.

I am even leaving out his name and his business longevity in this area. People remember that s!i@ . . .

Never said it was relevant to a trial or even admitted.

It was a reply to people who think that establishment should never have been sued and they will end up paying, etc.

The bad behavior in a small town where a local young woman was killed at 19, a millionaire, out-of-state bully goes full douche bag instead of fighting it llegally. Then, continues to double down full asshole.

No, it does not need to be admitted or technically relevant - but it can be a major influence - which is why I said not to die on that hill, it’s lose all the way situation.

I am even leaving out his name and his business longevity in this area. People remember that s!i@ . . .
Legally, I am in favor of holding people accountable for behavior they control that is actionable. If the state of SC allows the sale of alcohol when what appears to be a valid ID is presented and the clerk duly checks the ID, the ball of culpability should pass to the party using the fake ID and lending the fake ID IF the two people look alike. (Clearly if PM had presented an ID of a 65 year old white man that's clearly a fake.)

SC law is more nuanced. The correct place for adjudication is the court room. How we feel or believe about this case is personal to us and has no bearing on the outcome.

Why is there no mention of the bar in Beaufort where buster and a friend were drinking shots before they got on the boat right before the accident? Are they not liable also?

One week to go......

The murder trial is scheduled to begin in a Colleton County courtroom on January 23rd and could last through February 10th.

One week to go......

The murder trial is scheduled to begin in a Colleton County courtroom on January 23rd and could last through February 10th.

I have a quiet work wee next week. I wonder if I’ll get sucked into watching jury selection.

Reactions: yemassee
Prayers to the Murdaugh family. It is being reported that AM’s mother is in poor health and not long for this world. This is the same lady whose obituary was erroneously published in the 70’s (supposedly).

Prayers to the Murdaugh family. It is being reported that AM’s mother is in poor health and not long for this world. This is the same lady whose obituary was erroneously published in the 70’s (supposedly).
🙏 for Mrs. Murdaugh. Thanks for sharing.

Details emerging don’t sound good at all for Alex. Makes you wonder why it took so long to arrest him. Mentions a Snapchat Paul sent to his friends before he was killed and Maggie told a friend AM was acting strange and was “up to something” when she was in the way up from Edisto. Used his dads condition to lure her.

Details emerging don’t sound good at all for Alex. Makes you wonder why it took so long to arrest him. Mentions a Snapchat Paul sent to his friends before he was killed and Maggie told a friend AM was acting strange and was “up to something” when she was in the way up from Edisto. Used his dads condition to lure her.
They need to build their case before the arrest because of the speedy trial right. AM was in custody, so there was no need to rush.

I have a quiet work wee next week. I wonder if I’ll get sucked into watching jury selection.
Just checking in on your work schedule 📅 next week. Hoping TI will have a man on the ground for live reporting or a man watching live feed to share observations.

Just checking in on your work schedule 📅 next week. Hoping TI will have a man on the ground for live reporting or a man watching live feed to share observations.
LOL! I'm not heading down to Walterboro, unless @Cris_Ard wants to credential me and put me on the payroll.

I have a couple of appointments Monday but hope to spend some time watching jury selection.

That's all for now, Paw. Back to you in the studio.

LOL! I'm not heading down to Walterboro, unless @Cris_Ard wants to credential me and put me on the payroll.

I have a couple of appointments Monday but hope to spend some time watching jury selection.

I'll cover Google and Reddit, supplementing your content from the studio.

Livestream links:

Reactions: TigerTC
Serious question…I haven’t followed this close enough to know but how the hell would he get off the murder charges? Everything I read made it feel pretty slam dunk
He's going to pull some major stunts. Blame the crack head that also shot him, claim his law firm knew all along that he was stealing money, bring up drugs etc. He would have been arrested long before he was it it was a slam dunk case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT