ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Serious question…I haven’t followed this close enough to know but how the hell would he get off the murder charges? Everything I read made it feel pretty slam dunk
Whenever prosecutors intentionally leak evidence it is usually a sign of a weak case. Not always, but sometimes is an indicator. IF true, Dick will create the doubt necessary for a not guilty>.

Reactions: nmerritt11
He's going to pull some major stunts. Blame the crack head that also shot him, claim his law firm knew all along that he was stealing money, bring up drugs etc. He would have been arrested long before he was it it was a slam dunk case.
That last part isn’t always true. It takes time even in obvious cases sometimes.

Reactions: TM2013
I believe he will get off the murder charge but will spend the rest of his life for the financial crimes.

As to the time it took to charge him, I think most believe law enforcement knew they needed to have their stuff together. Once charged they knew he would get a speedy trial which would reduce the time to gather evidence as we just witnessed.

My guess is that LE has the goods on Alex but the defense will be able to shoot some holes in it and convince at least one person in the jury to vote not guilty.

Why did he shoot Paul? Not sure other than he was there when Alex wanted to kill Maggie. Maggie knew something was suspicious when Alex wanted her to come to Mosell.

If you want a good podcast, go with Murdaugh Family Murders. It has facts and expert opinion from subject matter experts. The Mandy Matney podcast started off giving good information but has derailed into a constant opinion piece on good ol boy politics. It’s nearly unlistenable.

Last edited:
Only takes one juror to refuse to believe a father would murder his son. Everybody understands heat-of-passion spouse killings, but not children.
Believe he went to kill his wife and his showed up and was collateral damage

Is this trial for both deaths or just the son with the wife to follow?

Reactions: Shreddingtiger
@Cris_Ard, any chance we can move this over just for the trial? Thanks!

My prediction is he gets off on the murders, seems like the whole spatter thing has been screwed up by SLED but we will see . Does anyone actually think he capped them both or had an accomplice?

Reactions: 88MechEng
Anyone else believe he's innocent?
Who else had more to gain from Maggie’s death than Alex or would want her dead? The Beaches as revenge for the boat crash? Doubtful. Drug dealers making a statement with Alex? No evidence for that. Alex was there when he had previously said he wasn’t. Maggie texted a friend that she felt something was up when Alex wanted her at Mosell that night. All circumstantial at this point until we get the real evidence in the trial.

For someone supposedly broke, AM has some high priced legal representation

Gotta believe he shot them both but I have a hard time figuring out how he physically handled 2 different guns (not pistols) to do it. I’m sure his defense is going to try to put it on the friend that helped him with the insurance fraud shooting.

Anyone else believe he's innocent?
I don’t for one second. But it’s stupid crap like what was reported Friday that’s going to screw it up for law enforcement.

I don’t know how to link articles so I’ll try to be brief. The shirt he was wearing when police arrived had blood on it. SLED used a forensics expert out of Colorado to examine it. His initial report was that it was blood transfer. He re-examined the shirt again at SLEDS request and issued a second report stating it was high velocity blood splatter. How do we know this? The Attorney generals office accidentally sent Murdaughs lawyers the first report by mistake. His lawyers were arguing Friday to have the evidence thrown out and that SLED pressured the expert to change his report. So common sense says have the shirt examined by another expert right?But…. Oh wait for it…… the shirt was destroyed by chemicals and no longer exist.
You can’t make this s#!t up. Defense attorneys will have a field day with this.

Last edited:
I don’t for one second. But it’s stupid crap like what was reported Friday that’s going to screw it up for law enforcement.

I don’t know how to link articles so I’ll try to be brief. The shirt he was wearing when police arrived had blood on it. SLED used a forensics expert out of Colorado to examine it. His initial report was that it was blood transfer. He re-examined the shirt again at SLEDS request and issued a report stating it was high velocity blood splatter. How do we know this? The Attorney generals office accidentally sent Murdaughs lawyers the first report by mistake. His lawyers were arguing Friday to have the evidence thrown out and that SLED pressured the expert to change his report. So common sense says have the shirt examined by another expert. But…. Oh wait…… the shirt was destroyed by chemicals and no longer exist.
Unless the expert blood spatter scientist can adequately explain why he changed his opinion, which is very possible, the prosecution may not admit it as evidence. Both the Defense and Prosecutor have a lot riding on how that is handled. Defense has big risk in over questioning the expert on the testing. He could really drive home the point it was high impact spatter.

Who else had more to gain from Maggie’s death than Alex or would want her dead? The Beaches as revenge for the boat crash? Doubtful. Drug dealers making a statement with Alex? No evidence for that. Alex was there when he had previously said he wasn’t. Maggie texted a friend that she felt something was up when Alex wanted her at Mosell that night. All circumstantial at this point until we get the real evidence in the trial.
FTR I don't think he's innocent. The sociopath description above was pretty accurate

I don’t know how to link articles so I’ll try to be brief. The shirt he was wearing when police arrived had blood on it. SLED used a forensics expert out of Colorado to examine it. His initial report was that it was blood transfer. He re-examined the shirt again at SLEDS request and issued a second report stating it was high velocity blood splatter. How do we know this? The Attorney generals office accidentally sent Murdaughs lawyers the first report by mistake. His lawyers were arguing Friday to have the evidence thrown out and that SLED pressured the expert to change his report. So common sense says have the shirt examined by another expert right?But…. Oh wait for it…… the shirt was destroyed by chemicals and no longer exist.
[facepalm]

Unless the expert blood spatter scientist can adequately explain why he changed his opinion, which is very possible, the prosecution may not admit it as evidence. Both the Defense and Prosecutor have a lot riding on how that is handled. Defense has big risk in over questioning the expert on the testing. He could really drive home the point it was high impact spatter.
Agreed. Will be one heck of a cat and mouse game. But you only need to instill doubt in the mind of one juror. Going to be interesting.

I don't know man, if it is so obvious it was high velocity spatter, how did he get it wrong the 1st time. And how did the shirt get destroyed. I have no skin in this and think Alex is guilty as hell, but those are some big questions.

I don't know man, if it is so obvious it was high velocity spatter, how did he get it wrong the 1st time. And how did the shirt get destroyed. I have no skin in this and think Alex is guilty as hell, but those are some big questions.
Will the Snapchat video put at the scene at the time he said he was visiting his father?

How do you go about finding a jury who doesn’t already think he’s guilty?

Serious question.

I feel like public opinion it too hard to ignore in most of these instances.

For someone supposedly broke, AM has some high priced legal representation
likely paid by assignment of the TV rights or something like that

also possibly the loaned money from Johnny Parker - he owed everything to Murdaughs

Serious question…I haven’t followed this close enough to know but how the hell would he get off the murder charges? Everything I read made it feel pretty slam dunk
There's lots of info in the pinned thread in the Other Forum. With good attorneys, nothing is ever a slam dunk.

Reactions: yemassee
Yeah that’s the question, why did he change his opinion? No idea. But one expert that I listened to this evening on the latest Murdaugh Family Murders podcast said she has worked with the blood spatter guy and trusted he would have good reasons for changing his evaluation.

As to why the shirt was destroyed it was partly due to the number of tests that had to be run for the various tests. I think one test, maybe DNA , required getting samples from several areas to ensure that it was all consistent. Of course , LE may have made sure there wasn’t any additional shirt remaining for independent analysis.

Reactions: jeffcoat
Yeah that’s the question, why did he change his opinion? No idea. But one expert that I listened to this evening on the latest Murdaugh Family Murders podcast said she has worked with the blood spatter guy and trusted he would have good reasons for changing his evaluation.

As to why the shirt was destroyed it was partly due to the number of tests that had to be run for the various tests. I think one test, maybe DNA , required getting samples from several areas to ensure that it was all consistent. Of course , LE may have made sure there wasn’t any additional shirt remaining for independent analysis.

I just tuned into the podcast, could the host have a more monotone voice? This is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT